Chuck Willis

5 will make it:

Alice Cooper
Beastie Boys
Tom Waits
and 2 others.

IrritatedTrout
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
RR HOF is bullshit anyways. Plus it sucks, went there once and the best part was the music store in the giftshop.

Indestructible
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Alice Cooper is the only one on that list that doesn't suck. The rest either suck or something I never heard.

mankvill
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Alice Cooper is the only one on that list that doesn't suck. The rest either suck or something I never heard.

Neil Diamond > Lamb of God

TonyD
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM

If you think the Beastie Boys suck or you have never heard of them, there is no hope for you.

But yeah, R&R HOF sucks hard. What ever happened to VH1 rock honors? Did that happen last year and I missed it?
Somebody should get a real R&R or Metal hall of fame together and do it right...

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Neil Diamond and Bon Jovi will be the other two.

The_jman
09-28-2010, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=mankvill;306820]Alice Cooper
Beastie Boys
Bon Jovi
Neil Diamond
J. Geils Band
Tom Waits

5 of thos 6 IMO, wishing beasty boys was not one of them, but most likely they'll make it.

mankvill
09-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Neil Diamond and Bon Jovi will be the other two.

I seriously doubt Neil Diamond will get in. Not too sure about Bon Jovi. Maybe eventually, but not now.

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
If I were a mod, I'd ban everyone bad-mouthing the Beastie Boys.

mankvill
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM
If I were a mod, I'd ban everyone bad-mouthing the Beastie Boys.

:fist:

JRA
09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
What ever happened to VH1 rock honors? Did that happen last year and I missed it?
Somebody should get a real R&R or Metal hall of fame together and do it right...

The last time they did it it was an entire tribute to the Who, which was completely unnecessary, as they are already in the RNRHOF. Sure so was Queen, but at least they were rounded out with Priest. Vh1 tries to put out a real hard rock awards show every few years or so but it then bombs because they don't draw enough ratings. Back in 2000 I think it was my Vh1 awards.
Metal awards shows just don't bring in ad revenue and ratings.

I don't have anything against the Beastie Boys, but there has to be some artist more influential to hip hop for the time between them and Run DMC. Treacherous Three perhaps? Weren't the Beastie Boys nominated like 3 years ago only for nothing to happen?

Also, I'll be shocked if a) Alice Cooper does makes it, b) Neil Diamond doesn't make it. Those Rolling Stone faggots eat that lame soft rock "honest music" crap up. But then again for some reason Hall & Oates aren't in there either.

In regards to Alice, remember Kiss got nominated and nothing happened, which then precipitated a massive butthurt outrage from Eddie Trunk.

If the Muslims bomb the RNRHOF ceremony, I will personally volunteer to help build the Mosque by ground zero. Shit if they bomb Rolling Stone headquarters, the RNRHOF itself and the ceremony all at the same time, I'll fucking convert to Allah and pray for the death of my infidel Jewish brothers.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
The biggest reason this is all bullshit is that it's entirely about commercial popularity and whose sold the most albums, not about innovation or who actually deserves the most respect. I won't even touch a lot of these, but are they seriously about to induct Bon Jovi (who I actually legitimately like, on the whole), when Deep fucking Purple still isn't in this thing? Seriously?

mankvill
09-28-2010, 01:45 PM
The biggest reason this is all bullshit is that it's entirely about commercial popularity and whose sold the most albums, not about innovation or who actually deserves the most respect. I won't even touch a lot of these, but are they seriously about to induct Bon Jovi (who I actually legitimately like, on the whole), when Deep fucking Purple still isn't in this thing? Seriously?

I kind of agree and disagree. Kiss and Red Hot Chili Peppers were up for it last year, but they didn't get in. Sure, ABBA got in and has sold more albums than them, but I don't think Jimmy Cliff or The Stooges have.

elturtleboy
09-28-2010, 01:48 PM
im LL Cool J all the way.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I kind of agree and disagree. Kiss and Red Hot Chili Peppers were up for it last year, but they didn't get in. Sure, ABBA got in and has sold more albums than them, but I don't think Jimmy Cliff or The Stooges have.

I see your point. It seems to me like commercial success only means something when it's metal/hard rock. Other genres of music are generally getting inducted based on influence and innovation.

At this point, given years of eligibility, there's absolutely no reason why all of these bands shouldn't be in:
Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Kiss, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Motorhead.

Indestructible
09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
They are putting LL cool J and The beastie boys for possible inductions but Maiden,Priest and Rush arent even in there yet. :confused::eek:

daimonos
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
ahem...

WHERE THE FUCK IS RUSH?!?!

These people who pick this stuff fucking suck.

TonyD
09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
ahem...

WHERE THE FUCK IS RUSH?!?!

These people who pick this stuff fucking suck.

Really

mankvill
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
My local newspaper's blog had a month-long bitchfit that Rush hasn't even been nominated. Rush and Deep Purple are LONG overdue. When Metallica got inducted, they said they wanted Alice Cooper in, so we'll see!

daimonos
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
My local newspaper's blog had a month-long bitchfit that Rush hasn't even been nominated. Rush and Deep Purple are LONG overdue. When Metallica got inducted, they said they wanted Alice Cooper in, so we'll see!

Rush is ranked #3 in the amount of consecutive gold/platinum albums recieved, behind The Beatles and Michael Jackson if I'm not mistaken. You think that the people that pick this would be looking at stupid statistics like that, such as sales, ect.

That kind of makes me wonder what the hell makes an artist "worthy" of the almighty Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

ravenheart
09-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Do people really give a shit about Deep Purple in the US? I mean, really?

A RNRHOF in this country woulf have them in, for sure. But are they really that big over there?

Anyway, the RNRHOF is irrelevant until Waylon Jennings, Stevie Ray Vaughan, KISS, Rush, Iron Maiden, Frank Marino, Journey, Willie Nelson and Alice Cooper are in it.

mankvill
09-28-2010, 02:54 PM

A RNRHOF in this country woulf have them in, for sure. But are they really that big over there?

Anyway, the RNRHOF is irrelevant until Waylon Jennings, Stevie Ray Vaughan, KISS, Rush, Iron Maiden, Journey, Willie Nelson and Alice Cooper are in it.

I hear Deep Purple songs on the radio all the time, and it's rarely Smoke On The Water.

I 100% agree about Stevie Ray Vaughan, although it's only the third year of eligibility for him. Rush not even getting nominated is a fucking joke; they've been eligible since '99. Maiden has only been eligible since '05 and while I do think they'll get in eventually, it probably won't be for a while. I honestly think Rush, Deep Purple and even Judas Priest will get in before Maiden does.

And Journey should just get a "best band ever" award.

JRA
09-28-2010, 03:18 PM

Eddie Trunk certainly does.

Addendum: Holy shit, Willie Nelson actually isn't in the HOF! I mean, I don't give two shits about him but that surprises me.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 03:21 PM
And Journey should just get a "best band ever" award.

:lol: :fist:

Dextrimental
09-28-2010, 03:24 PM
I would say its between Alice Cooper and The Beastie Boys to get in, for some reason I would be surprised if both got it. Bon Jovi, is going to get in there at some point, as is Neil Diamond. Not that I care, whatever the bands are rated on, its not talent on their instruments or record sales, possibly influence, but again Rush and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Sanitarium78
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Rush is ranked #3 in the amount of consecutive gold/platinum albums recieved, behind The Beatles and Michael Jackson if I'm not mistaken. You think that the people that pick this would be looking at stupid statistics like that, such as sales, ect.

That kind of makes me wonder what the hell makes an artist "worthy" of the almighty Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rush is third all time in the US with the most consecutive gold/platinum records behind the Beatles and The Rolling Stones and if that alone doesn't get you in I don't know what the fuck does:confused: Their last studio album to go gold was Test For Echo but still their album sales are respectable. The Rush In Rio live album went gold and I know Vapor Trails has sold something like 350,000 copies. S&A has sold over 200,000 so it's not like their popularity has completely tanked and they're only selling a few thousand copies each of their albums since they came back in 2002.

I'm very surprised but glad to see Alice Cooper on the list of nominees, a list btw where I only know like four names but still he's a finalists and it's long overdue for both him and Rush. Fuck record sales, just for the influence they've had on the rock and metal genres they both should be in.

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Holy shit, I just read this quote from Gene Simmons (emphasis mine):

"There's nobody in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -- in fact, if you took all of them and put them together -- they couldn't match all the licensing and merchandising we've done and the legacy we've left."

I hope they never get in.

JRA
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Kiss should definitely be in (anyone who doesn't recognize their worth is a fool), but Gene should be banned from the ceremony as retribution for the stupid shit he's said and done over the years.

ravenheart
09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Eddie Trunk certainly does.

Addendum: Holy shit, Willie Nelson actually isn't in the HOF! I mean, I don't give two shits about him but that surprises me.

It doesn't surprise me. He deserves to be in, but I'd still put Jennings, Vaughan and Marino in first.

JRA
09-28-2010, 05:34 PM
You'd put two midcard guitar virtuosos in over a country icon?

evildeadjedi
09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
RR HOF hates Canadians.

jhdeity
09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
As if anyone needed another reason to laugh at the RnR HOF, Grandmaster Flash is in there. Apparently if you write 2 decent rap songs you're in so LL is a LOCK. hahaha

JLRedWing13
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
You would think with Rush's recent spike in popularity with their documentary being released this year that they'd get another honest look. Genesis got in last year, so I think Rush is on the cusp of getting nominated. Maybe next year.

elturtleboy
09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
one day Anal Cunt will be nominated. And it will be the happiest day of my life.

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 09:36 PM
As if anyone needed another reason to laugh at the RnR HOF, Grandmaster Flash is in there. Apparently if you write 2 decent rap songs you're in so LL is a LOCK. hahaha
Uh, Grandmaster Flash is one of the fathers of rap/hip-hop. He pioneered DJing and record-scratching. I'd say his pioneer status in the genre more than qualfies him to be in the Hall.

MPF
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Rush won't get nominated till 2012, because of the year.

*although if the world survives 2012, which it will, it won't be for another 100 years till they are in the HOF, that's right 2112!*

TonyD
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Teehee

I shit on ze Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

ravenheart
09-29-2010, 03:36 AM
You'd put two midcard guitar virtuosos in over a country icon?

Yes. Because Nelson, much as I like him, didn't do anything to change anything. The big revelation in country music was down to Cash and Jennings. Nelson just go sucked into it. At that time he was recording bullshit ballads and his big successes came during the outlaw "movement", which he didn't start.

He's an icon purely for being around for so long.

Conversely, Vaughan and Marino changed how their respective sub-genres were done. Vaughan was the next evolution in blues rock after the guys who came before him like Albert King, Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters, all three of whom are already in the Hall, so he's next. Marino was a far, far bigger influence on heavy guitar playing than anyone gives him credit for. Far bigger than some people who get talked about ahead of him, like Leslie West.

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2010, 05:48 AM
KISS getting the shaft time and time again is pretty lame. I don't even like their music, but they definitely deserve to be inducted...moreso than the Beastie Boys.

jerry1013
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
KISS getting the shaft time and time again is pretty lame.

As a die hard KISS fan I don't even care anymore, I'm happy to see Alice get a nod, will he get inducted though? Him getting in before KISS seems more right to me honestly.

JRA
09-29-2010, 01:29 PM
As a die hard KISS fan I don't even care anymore, I'm happy to see Alice get a nod, will he get inducted though? Him getting in before KISS seems more right to me honestly.

This is very true but that just begs the infuriating question of why the fuck wasn't he in there 16 years ago.

Dissimulate
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Hasn't Madonna been inducted? The fucking Rock and Roll hall of fame should finish inducting all the big and influential rock artists and those from closely related genres (i.e. metal, blues) before they induct pop and rap artists.

zgodt
10-01-2010, 09:07 AM
ATTN Metalsetlists:

Tom Waits is the baddest motherfucker on the planet.

That is all.