PDA

View Full Version : Neon Nights: 30 Years of Heaven & Hell Live at Wacken

ravenheart
09-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Neon Nights: 30 Years of HEAVEN & HELL- Live at Wacken will be released on CD and DVD via Eagle Records in North America on November 16th.

Neon Nights - 30 Years Of Heaven & Hell; Live At Wacken celebrates the band's July 30th, 2009 appearance at Germany's world-famous festival. The band - featuring BLACK SABBATH legends Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinnie Appice (drums) - were supporting their new studio album The Devil You Know. Although nobody knew at the time, it was to be Ronnie James Dio's last filmed concert appearance before his death in May 2010 from stomach cancer.

Neon Nights: 30 Years of Heaven & Hell- Live at Wacken features the following tracklisting:

'E5150'
'The Mob Rules'
'Children Of The Sea'
'I'
'Bible Black'
'Time Machine' (with Vinnie Appice drum solo)
'Fear'
'Falling Off The Edge Of The World'
'Follow The Tears'
'Die Young' (with Tony Iommi guitar solo)
'Heaven And Hell'

Encore:
'Country Girl' (intro)
'Neon Knights'

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sgQhoh1FL.jpg

The CD appears to be called "Live In Europe", so may feature recordings from several shows.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61KhwSB54qL.jpg

I was rather hoping for a release of the tribute show, which was filmed. Here's hoping!

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
I was rather hoping for a release of the tribute show, which was filmed. Here's hoping!

My thoughts.

Sanitarium78
09-28-2010, 11:39 AM
I'll take the recording of the shows with Dio over the tribute show all the time. I wouldn't even be intrested in a release of the tribute show but this I most certainly am.

JRA
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
:zzz:

IrritatedTrout
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Will be picking up the CD for sure. Good call on noticing the title differences, I wonder if they will be different recordings.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM

I hate to say it, that's pretty much how I feel at this point.

makethemsuffer12
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Aww wats da matter? You no likey when they tune a half step lower live? :finger:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-28-2010, 01:21 PM

Me too. Now a DVD from the Dehumanizer tour or even the mythical Live Evil DVD is another story.

makethemsuffer12
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a documentary on this DVD? I remember Ronnie saying in an interview that they were in the process of making one prior to his death. I guess it never got completed, but they should release something else with the concert. I'm not buying a DVD with an 11 song setlist (E5150 and the beginnig of Country Girl don't count) and no other content.

ravenheart
09-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't even be intrested in a release of the tribute show but this I most certainly am.

Pretty sure that puts you in the minority of Dio/H&H fans. It was a very special show.

ravenheart
09-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Me too. Now a DVD from the Dehumanizer tour

There'll be plenty of that. There are at least three excellent quality, professionally shot recordings from that tour. Niji Entertainment have already said they'll be releasing loads of previously unreleased live stuff, so one or more of those coming out would be no surprise at all.

ravenheart
09-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Not me. At this point all good recordings of Dio are worth releasing. All of them.

And this was always coming out now, even before RJD died this was coming out for Christmas.

Sanitarium78
09-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Pretty sure that puts you in the minority of Dio/H&H fans. It was a very special show.

Maybe it does put me in the minority but I could honestly care less about that. I don't doubt that it wasn't a special show it's just i've had a hard time hearing others sing Dio's songs since he died.