10. Last of My Kind
11. Nutshell
12. Lesson Learned
13. Rooster
---
14. Got Me Wrong
15. Man in the Box
16. Would?

Awesome show, was front and center. The only other time I've seen AIC Jerry was sick so it was good to see him in top form. Grind and LOMK were great to hear and Nutshell was nice too even though I was hoping for Rotten Apple. I had seen Got Me Wrong before but it's a fun song so I can't complain. I really liked the video they played during Rooster. Caught a pick from Jerry at the end.

I don't have a Deftones set but they were fucking horrible. The slower songs were decent but anytime Chino wasn't playing the guitar it was just painful. Some guy handed Chino a note and it asked him to ask some girl if she would marry her boyfriend so that was pretty interesting. Best part of Deftones set was the flasher on some dudes shoulders behind us.

Mastodon was great as always. Troy was really on fire last night. Their set was way too short but I think they did the best they could with the time they had. Colony of Birchmen was one of the best songs of the whole night. Sound was a little rough at first but it ended up being pretty good for an opening band IMO.

Oblivion
Divinations
Naked Burn
Crystal Skull
Colony of Birchmen
The Czar
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder

xStructualDefect
09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
first bad review of Deftones from this tour so far. also not sure if AIC always plays Nutshell, but i'm glad it's in there. one of my favorite songs by them. i wish they'd play I Stay Away though.

300%_Density
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Trying to get greedy and hope for Nutshell & Rotten Apple. Sadly after last few reviews Rotten Apple might not happen. Dammit. Keeping the hope!!!

bobbie solo
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
yeah, but is that guy a Deftones fan or no? big difference between someone who hates them saying they sucked and a fan saying it.

xStructualDefect
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
yeah, but is that guy a Deftones fan or no? big difference between someone who hates them saying they sucked and a fan saying it.

true that but i've been hearing on other places (not just this board) that Deftones have been putting on a good (or really good) shows on this tour even if they didn't like them. not complaining, just interesting that it was the first negative review.

IrritatedTrout
09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
No, I wasn't a fan. But my friend liked some of their songs going in and kept telling me it wouldn't be that bad. He came out telling me it was worse than expected and I was right. So I dunno.

jhdeity
09-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I thought Deftones were incredible and we got Passenger which along with Got Me Wrong, made my night. Missed most of Mastodon because they started earlier than they should have. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit: Loved Last of my Kind also.

gmatts
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Looks like VA has the Alice in Chains setlist that I wanted in Camden the night before (nutshell, got me wrong). Oh well.

I wasn't a Deftones fan really either, but I thought their performance in NJ was awesome - so much so that I downloaded a bunch of their stuff the next day. It's all a matter of opinion though.

IrritatedTrout
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Didn't you guys get Down In A Hole in Camden? I would've loved to see that one. Alice should go out on a tour and do all of Dirt sometime, that'd be amazing. :drool:

Sanitarium78
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Didn't you guys get Down In A Hole in Camden? I would've loved to see that one. Alice should go out on a tour and do all of Dirt sometime, that'd be amazing. :drool:

They should consider it since they play 75 percent of it in most of their sets. In 2012 it'll be 20 years for Dirt so we'll see.

The_jman
09-28-2010, 10:31 AM
They should consider it since they play 75 percent of it in most of their sets. In 2012 it'll be 20 years for Dirt so we'll see.
this year should be facelift in its entirety, for 20 years, that'd be awsome.