PDA

View Full Version : The Iron Maidens -- Santa Fe Springs, CA -- September 25th, 2010

rjturtle9
09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
These lady's really need to change their sets! Pretty much the same shit I saw them do the last two times they played this venue. I guess my nagging for them to play more newer songs are being ignored. And no Hallowed?! The fuck?!

Set one
Aces high
2 Minutes to Midnight
Killers
Tailgunner
Can i play with Madness
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Flight of Icarus
The Prisoner
fear of the Dark
22 Acacia Ave.

Set Two
Invaders
Wasted Years
The Wicker man
The Clairvoyant
The Trooper (Feat. Phil Campbell of Motorhead)
Sun and Steel
Children of the Dammed
Running Free
Phantom of the Opera

Set Three
Be Quick or Be Dead
Die with Your Boots on
Sea of Madness
The Number of the Beast
Guitar Solo
Moonchild
Transylvania
Alexander the Great
Murders in the Rue Mourge
The Evil that Men Do
Run to the Hills

mankvill
09-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Was John of Warbringer there? I think he's dating the lead singer.

rjturtle9
09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Was John of Warbringer there? I think he's dating the lead singer.

Nah he's on tour right now. He's been with the guitar player for a long while now. I always see them at Warbringer shows or at her (Courtney's her name) band's shows. They even remember me at the shows :D

Maidenmagic
09-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Well at least they played Alexander the Great. If a tribute band can do it then the REAL Iron Maiden can too.

ricky4502
09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
I agree they should change it up a bit... that set list looks a lot like the same one they played when I last saw them in '08! It's cool that they play the rarer songs like Sea Of Madness and Alexander the Great though. I hope to eventually see the real Maiden play those songs. Sure glad I saw Iced Earth instead. Though I have been meaning to see Maidens again since the last time I saw them Aja Kim was still their vocalist. I especially gotta see them now that there's more hot chicks in the band besides Wanda lol

Sanitarium78
09-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Regardless of weather a tribute band of all things needs to change their set, all three sets are still better than the one Maiden gave us this summer:D

Maiden33
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Regardless of weather a tribute band of all things needs to change their set, all three sets are still better than the one Maiden gave us this summer:D

For the thousandth time, there was nothing wrong with this past summer's Maiden setlist. I felt really lucky to have seen that show, because we sure as fuck aren't ever getting anything like it again.

Sanitarium78
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
For the thousandth time, there was nothing wrong with this past summer's Maiden setlist. I felt really lucky to have seen that show, because we sure as fuck aren't ever getting anything like it again.

Well I can point out a few things wrong with it but the show I went to I was in the GA pit for and it was very enjoyable. It's just I grew up with the older Maiden stuff and I favor that over the newer materal despite how great some of the reunion material is.

While I enjoyed the show, I still felt there was something missing from it for me and that comes back to the lack of older stuff. I'm not knocking the newer material at all it's just I prefer the old material more.

ricky4502
09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Well I can point out a few things wrong with it but the show I went to I was in the GA pit for and it was very enjoyable. It's just I grew up with the older Maiden stuff and I favor that over the newer materal despite how great some of the reunion material is.

While I enjoyed the show, I still felt there was something missing from it for me and that comes back to the lack of older stuff. I'm not knocking the newer material at all it's just I prefer the old material more.

That's what the somewhere back in time tour was for. Did you not go to that tour? I felt the set list was perfect except for Number Of The Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name... I love those songs but they're a bit overrated. I would've preferred some old rarer songs instead. I also would've liked to see them do both Paschendale and Dance Of Death as opposed to them being rotated. But frankly I don't give a shit, Maiden is my favorite band of all time. I felt so lucky to be so close to them in the pit

marker
09-27-2010, 11:19 AM
That's what the somewhere back in time tour was for. Did you not go to that tour? I felt the set list was perfect except for Number Of The Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name... I love those songs but they're a bit overrated. I would've preferred some old rarer songs instead. I also would've liked to see them do both Paschendale and Dance Of Death as opposed to them being rotated. But frankly I don't give a shit, Maiden is my favorite band of all time. I felt so lucky to be so close to them in the pit

i agree with sanitarium about my show,i feel the same way.I'm sure he went to the somewhere back in time tour,so did i.i just don't understand why it's one extreme or the other with maidens' set lists.

Sanitarium78
09-27-2010, 11:19 AM
That's what the somewhere back in time tour was for. Did you not go to that tour? I felt the set list was perfect except for Number Of The Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name... I love those songs but they're a bit overrated.

I love it when people use the argument of "that's what the SBIT tour was for didn't you go?" As if Maiden made it really conveinent for their fans in the US to see them with a grand total of only 18 US shows on that tour. They completely ignored plenty of markets (mankvill knows what i'm talking about) and yet people somehow expect everyone to have made it to the tour.

No, I didn't see them on that tour in fact minus ozzfest 2005 they haven't come to my area on their own tour since 2000. My money situation is a lot better than it was two years ago and that's why I decided to travel to see them this year. Even though I had pit tickets I didn't actually have the ticket. They held all pit tickets at the venue and you get them on the day of the show. But if I had them ahead of time I would've sold them after seeing the set.

marker
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I love it when people use the argument of "that's what the SBIT tour was for didn't you go?" As if Maiden made it really conveinent for their fans in the US to see them with a grand total of only 18 US shows on that tour. They completely ignored plenty of markets (mankvill knows what i'm talking about) and yet people somehow expect everyone to have made it to the tour.

No, I didn't see them on that tour in fact minus ozzfest 2005 they haven't come to my area on their own tour since 2000. My money situation is a lot better than it was two years ago and that's why I decided to travel to see them this year. Even though I had pit tickets I didn't actually have the ticket. They held all pit tickets at the venue and you get them on the day of the show. But if I had them ahead of time I would've sold them after seeing the set.

good point,I hate it when people say that too about the somewhere back in time tour.luckily i live in a highly populated area and saw that tour.not everyone can catch every tour of the same band.that's why i think maiden is a little selfish with their setlists.hopefully the next tour they figure a better way to mix it up.I understand it's hard to make up a set list when you have so many great albums,but come on,mix it up better next time.How about the prisoner,where eagles dare,killers,just to name a few.

ricky4502
09-27-2010, 12:06 PM

fuck that sucks, sorry man. how far was the closest show?

Travis The Dragon
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Is this incredible tribute band EVER going to do a full USA tour?

idrinkwine732
09-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Sup sanity?

elturtleboy
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
The Eddie they had was all fucked up and look like he had scoliosis. Phil was nice enough to sign stuff for fans,i took a pic. I liked em way better the last time i saw em during may i think? They do need to change the set tho.

rjmartinez91
09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
This was my first time seeing The Iron Maidens at the sfs swap meet. I have to say, they were bad ass chicks. They really put on a good show, but my bf says they always play the same songs, so Idk. Lol. All the Eddies were pretty ghetto, but it was still funny that they brought them on stage.

Travis The Dragon
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Hopefully they'll start to include some Final Frontier songs soon.

elturtleboy
09-30-2010, 01:47 PM
This was my first time seeing The Iron Maidens at the sfs swap meet. I have to say, they were bad ass chicks. They really put on a good show, but my bf says they always play the same songs, so Idk. Lol. All the Eddies were pretty ghetto, but it was still funny that they brought them on stage.

ohhh wtf!!!!

rjmartinez91
09-30-2010, 02:10 PM
ohhh wtf!!!!

Robert wants me to further my education in music by posting on here more. :tp:

elturtleboy
09-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Robert wants me to further my education in music by posting on here more. :tp:

LMAO!!!!!!!:lol: Well it will work!