PDA

View Full Version : found this: MUSIC AS A WEAPON V

xskizzelzx90x
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
found this on vanillaforums.mayhemforums.com
Im curious now, I hope draiman actually said all this. this could be sweet:D

Music As A Weapon V will take place early next year.

When asked about DISTURBED's future touring plans, Draiman said, "We'll be doing two legs of Music As A Weapon after the New Year with a lineup that I cannot yet reveal. But just know that the what I should say is the co-headliner for the tour is massive. And it's going to be appearing in a union that I think hard rock and heavy metal fans have been wanting to happen for awhile. It has happened before, but only in brief stints. Now it's gonna happen for the duration of a two-leg-long tour. And we're gonna join forces with a leviathan. And we're really looking forward to it."

anyone thinking its SOAD maybe? even though they would PROBABLY headline over disturbed, so I dunno how that would work:confused:
no idea who else though!

Bergman101
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
rumor says it's Rob Zombie, that'd be awesome.

mankvill
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
It's probably someone really shitty like Korn or something.

Maiden33
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
It's probably someone really shitty like Korn or something.

Would make sense since the other band is Disturbed. ;)

xskizzelzx90x
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
rumor says it's Rob Zombie, that'd be awesome.

thatd be cool, he was sweet when I saw him at mayhem fest. but uhhhhhh can you really picture disturbed headlining over zombie? I REALLY dont know how Id feel about that. zombies live show is SO much better hahaha. and hes been around longer

bt11763
09-26-2010, 10:06 PM
hm, sounds interesting to say the least. and i don't hate disturbed, plus this girl i've been hanging out with really likes them, so it wouldn't hurt to take her down the line ;)

Maiden33
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
hm, sounds interesting to say the least. and i don't hate disturbed, plus this girl i've been hanging out with really likes them, so it wouldn't hurt to take her down the line ;)

My girlfriend is like in love with them, so I have to pretend I don't kinda hate them around her. It gets pretty difficult.

bt11763
09-26-2010, 10:08 PM
My girlfriend is like in love with them, so I have to pretend I don't kinda hate them around her. It gets pretty difficult.

:lol: i've been there with my last girlfriend. it does indeed get pretty trying

Maiden33
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
:lol: i've been there with my last girlfriend. it does indeed get pretty trying

It doesn't bother me TOO much because she's one of those people who honestly does generally like a little bit of everything. It's not like she's grounded in music I dislike, and she's totally open to all the stuff I listen to - so I can't complain.

xskizzelzx90x
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM

even though Im a chick, thats still freaking hilarious to me. lol:D
been there with boyfriends before and other types of music. aka my ex with the wu tang clan (I dont HATE them, just...I dont wanna listen to them all the time hahahah)

Im still wondering who the piss is this "massive co-headliner"?!:confused:

Maiden33
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
even though Im a chick, thats still freaking hilarious to me. lol:D
been there with boyfriends before and other types of music. aka my ex with the wu tang clan (I dont HATE them, just...I dont wanna listen to them all the time hahahah)

Im still wondering who the piss is this "massive co-headliner"?!:confused:

PICS PLZ.

:D;)

mankvill
09-26-2010, 10:23 PM
PICS PLZ.

brb tellin ur gf

xskizzelzx90x
09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
PICS PLZ.

shouldve seen that coming. HA
and no, I dont do that. sorry to say

Maiden33
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
shouldve seen that coming. HA
and no, I dont do that. sorry to say

It was a joke, actually a running joke around here since we have had, maybe, 5 girls/women ever post on here, and only 1 or 2 ever became even semi-regulars. This place is a god damn sausage-fest.

In a non-creepy way, we do actually have a "post pictures of yourself" thread if the mood should strike you though, haha.

maidenpriest
09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Depending on who the other band is, how much extra cash i have (going to have to be a lot to see Disturbed again) I might go. A band I listened to growing up so I don't have a lot of hate for their older music. Even though Asylum was crap imo.

xskizzelzx90x
09-26-2010, 11:17 PM
It was a joke, actually a running joke around here since we have had, maybe, 5 girls/women ever post on here, and only 1 or 2 ever became even semi-regulars. This place is a god damn sausage-fest.

In a non-creepy way, we do actually have a "post pictures of yourself" thread if the mood should strike you though, haha.

hahahah I know its a joke, I know. and its cool beans, doesnt really bother me. just know I dont do that and I never have. again, sorry to say:D
lol well thanks for the offer on the thread

xskizzelzx90x
09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Depending on who the other band is, how much extra cash i have (going to have to be a lot to see Disturbed again) I might go. A band I listened to growing up so I don't have a lot of hate for their older music. Even though Asylum was crap imo.

honestly, I love disturbed I really do (give me all the shit you want on that, Ive just always loved their cds). but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING. Ive been to a fair amount of shows and Ive seen SO much more energy (while still sounding great) from bands that I dont like anywhere near as much
I hate to repeat this like a 3rd or 4th time, but Im mostly curious about this "MAJOR CO-HEADLINER". Im still praying draiman actually said this, too

Butcher of Birth
09-26-2010, 11:46 PM

That's when I say "Shut the fuck up" and take her to DC ;) haha Case in point... uh me...

rjturtle9
09-27-2010, 01:05 AM

My girlfriend actually created an account, but deleted it the next day. She still lurks the site from time to time though.

MPF
09-27-2010, 01:38 AM
About the original topic:

It will be Disturbed and some really shitty band. Thats' how every MAAW tour ends up.

About what the thread became:

There really are a lot of teenage guys here isn't there? Calm Down its just one women joining a discussion. Its not that rare. Try joining a Prog forum and see how many women pop up. Trust me I know.

makethemsuffer12
09-27-2010, 03:01 AM
honestly, I love disturbed I really do (give me all the shit you want on that, Ive just always loved their cds). but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING.

You think so? I've seen them twice and they were great both times. They aren't exactly the most energetic band live, but they still put on a pretty good show. They always sound spot on.

AnthG
09-27-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm assuming "brief stints" means not a full fledged tour. They've toured with Korn twice: Korn's Pop Sux Tour in 02 when Disturbed was the direct support, and Ozzfest 2003. They already co-headlined with Slipknot on Mayhem 2008, SOAD on Ozzfest 2006.

Also, they haven't even finished the Uproar tour and they're already discussing MAAW V for next year. Meh. Point is, this other band better be someone massive or special since i've seen Disturbed 3 times since 2008, and they've become quite predictable. If I knew about this I wouldn't have shelled out the money for the Uproar show.

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 08:00 AM

Why? Is she 12 or something?

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 08:03 AM
but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING

Agree completely with this. I don't hate them. I don't love them either, but their CDs are OK. I was expecting a high-energy show when I saw them a couple of years back but they were so dull the next time I had the chance to see them, for free, I left after the support act (Shinedown, who were OK).

Statutory-Mike
09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Do not want.

Sanitarium78
09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
honestly, I love disturbed I really do (give me all the shit you want on that, Ive just always loved their cds). but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING. Ive been to a fair amount of shows and Ive seen SO much more energy (while still sounding great) from bands that I dont like anywhere near as much
I hate to repeat this like a 3rd or 4th time, but Im mostly curious about this "MAJOR CO-HEADLINER". Im still praying draiman actually said this, too

First of all welcome to the board. Hopefully being one of the few female posters on here won't scare you off like it's done for some others. Speaking of which does anyone know what happened to The Green And Black? She posted on here pretty regularly for a bit then just disappeared.

Anyways, as for Disturbed's performances being boring live and the band lacking energy I kind of agree. Did you ever see them in a small/medium sized place though? I saw them play a venue last tour where the capacity was about 5-6 thousand and it was a really good show. Maybe in those types of places they are more comfortable in than the bigger amphitheaters and arenas.

As to who the major co-headliner is? Who really knows? Drainman is very overdramatic whenever he talks so I wouldn't worry too much about how he's building this up. When they annouce it, they announce it, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it at all.

Maiden33
09-27-2010, 08:52 AM

18, will soon be 19. :P

JLRedWing13
09-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Yay, some other people visit the Mayhem boards. :D

Anyway, I love Disturbed live. Last time I saw them at MAAW it was an awesome show, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in an even smaller venue in three weeks. :rocker:

bt11763
09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
You think so? I've seen them twice and they were great both times. They aren't exactly the most energetic band live, but they still put on a pretty good show. They always sound spot on.

yeah, i totally agree actually. i've only seen them on mayhem 08, but i thought they were great.

xskizzelzx90x
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I dont feel like quoting everyone that said something to me, hahaha so Ill just sum this up all in one. or, at least do the best I can:D
I mean disturbed DOES sound good live, they do. I was just expecting more, I guess? I dunno, theyve always just bored me live for some reason. first time I saw em was in '05 when I was like 15, and it was them headlining an x-fest that year at a place with probably 20,000. it was...good, but not as good as Id hoped. second time wasnt any better, but honestly thats probably because slipknot came on after them. and slipknots live show at mayhem fest '08 was AWESOME
sanitarium78, thanks for the welcome-ness. this is the first post Ive put on here, but I still come here from time to time anyways. I just hide:D really? as I said above, only saw em play at two pretty damn big places. and I was just disappointed. maybe they are one of those bands that are better in smaller venues. papa roach sure is, HA

daimonos
09-27-2010, 11:19 AM

I agree with them not being too great live. I've seen them twice and I thought that they were pretty boring both times, even though I listened to them at the time.

Also, nice to see someone else from Pittsburgh on here! :lol:

xskizzelzx90x
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Also, nice to see someone else from Pittsburgh on here! :lol:

:party:

300%_Density
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure how much this would make sense, I read some rumors about Rammstein. I don't know how much sense that would make sense they are trying to do their MSG show. That would be sweet b/c then everybody could leave after them. Not even trying to assume this just something that I heard. Probably the only thing that could be good about MAAW.

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure how much this would make sense, I read some rumors about Rammstein. I don't know how much sense that would make sense they are trying to do their MSG show. That would be sweet b/c then everybody could leave after them. Not even trying to assume this just something that I heard. Probably the only thing that could be good about MAAW.

That would make sense. They played together when neither were as big as they are now on the Family Values Tour, I think.

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
18, will soon be 19. :P

And she still needs you to pretend you like shit she likes? :p

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
honestly thats probably because slipknot came on after them. and slipknots live show at mayhem fest '08 was AWESOME

I also rate Slipknot highly live... especially in a theatre... :eyes:

venerialdisease
09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I lay odds that leviathan is mastadon and the co headliner prolly slapknuts :bouville:

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I lay odds that leviathan is mastadon and the co headliner prolly slapknuts :bouville:

I don't think Slipknot will tour so soon.

powerslave_85
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
No no no, you're confusing him with Brad.

DethMaiden
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM

There it is, I was waiting for it.

Travis The Dragon
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Thanks! I've been looking for a nickname for them. Now I have: korny flakes, kid cock, lump buzkut, and slapknuts. :D

300%_Density
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
That would make sense. They played together when neither were as big as they are now on the Family Values Tour, I think.

I don't believe Disturbed ever did Family Values back in the day. Maybe on a different tour but I don't think Disturbed ever did Family Values. They were the Ozzfest whores first part of this decade. :D

xskizzelzx90x
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM

honestly I kinda doubt it, because I personally dont consider mastadon "MASSIVE"
and as for slipknot, they wont be touring so soon, esp with stone sour up and running at full speed

ravenheart
09-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Now I have: korny flakes, kid cock, lump buzkut

That settles that, then. You really are 10 years old.

DethMaiden
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
That settles that, then. You really are 10 years old.

Explains why he can't drive!

es156
09-27-2010, 04:04 PM

lol@runningjokesthatarestillfunnydotcom

Maiden33
09-27-2010, 08:44 PM

:lol: :lol:

Fires Of Sedition
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks! I've been looking for a nickname for them. Now I have: korny flakes, kid cock, lump buzkut, and slapknuts. :D

limp dickspit.

teehee dick jokes.