PDA

View Full Version : Blackdiamondskye -- New York, NY -- September 24th, 2010

BloodoftheKings
09-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I showed up a little late so I missed the first couple Mastodon songs. The place was pretty empty when during their set but it was nice to finally get to hear Blood and Thunder and Colony of Birchmen. :)

Mastodon
Naked Burn
Divinations
Crystal Skull
Colony of Birchmen
Capillarian Crest
The Czar
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder

Im not familiar with much of the Deftones material so I cant post a set. The only songs they played that I was familiar with were Rocket Skates (which I think they opened with) and Diamond Eyes. Im not a fan of their music but they put on a good show.

Alice in Chains
Them Bones
Dam That River
Rain When I Die
Again
Check My Brain
Your Decision
No Excuses
Down in A Hole
We Die Young
Acid Bubble
Lesson Learned
Grind
Rooster

Encore:

Love,Hate,Love
Man in the Box
Would?

Alice in Chains was fantastic. This was my first time seeing them and I would love to see them again next time they come around. I may have screwed up the order a bit but they played all these songs.

Shitty pics I took with my phone:

Jerry Cantrell
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/muckfetalcore/jerry-1.jpg
William Duvall
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/muckfetalcore/will-1.jpg

hazebah
09-25-2010, 05:38 AM
the missing the part of your set is naked burn:rocker: and divinations:party:

The_jman
09-25-2010, 06:27 AM
I like this set. still not a big fan of grind, but otherwise awsome.

causeofdeath
09-25-2010, 07:26 AM
the missing the part of your set is naked burn:rocker: and divinations:party:

naked burn, divinations and cystal skull dont forget!

gmatts
09-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm hoping they replace Love, Hate, Love tonight in Camden with something else for the encore. We'll see.

The Ghost at Number One
09-25-2010, 09:14 AM
the missing the part of your set is naked burn:rocker: and divinations:party:What?! Have they been playing Naked Burn this whole tour?

jhdeity
09-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm hoping they replace Love, Hate, Love tonight in Camden with something else for the encore. We'll see.

Please post your set if you can. I'm really hoping you guys don't get Junkhead, Got Me Wrong or Love, Hate, Love so I get them Sunday.

Sorry, I'm being greedy but Junkhead especially will make my day. probably one of my 10 favorite songs ever penned.

gmatts
09-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Nutshell or Rotton Apple would be awesome to have mixed into the set, but it seems like they have moved on from playing those two tracks since earlier in the tour.

On another note, anyone else heading to the show tonight in Camden? I may have an extra pit ticket if my one friend doesn't show.

TMFQuinn
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Deftones setlist was as follows:

Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Nosebleed
Engine No.9
7 Words

I'm a huge Deftones fan and read a lot about them stealing the show but AiC were AMAZING.

jhdeity
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Deftones setlist was as follows:

Rocket Skates
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Nosebleed
Engine No.9
7 Words

I'm a huge Deftones fan and read a lot about them stealing the show but AiC were AMAZING.

Passenger = EPIC! I like Risk but would make that trade off all day, every day

Dominicus 1988
09-25-2010, 02:17 PM
OMG Naked Burn.....I might have to buy last minute tickets now.:ass:

causeofdeath
09-25-2010, 10:53 PM
What?! Have they been playing Naked Burn this whole tour?

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what sold me on this show. a fucking 3 minute song for a 65 dollar ticket hahaha

bobbie solo
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
i was way up in a suite so the sound was complete shit, but this show was great. left halfway through AIC bc i had to go to work and didnt want to sit through fake AIC anyway. But yeah, everyone was great. Sober Chino makes me smile. Havent seen the mighty Mastodon since Bonnaroo '08, so it was nice to be reminded how much they slay. so heavy.

place ended up being 85/90% full by the time AIC went on, excluding 400 section which wasn't sold i think. I still think they must have given away a ton of tix to fill that place up, i know theyre big but i cant see AIC getting so close to filling up such a huge arena.

The Ghost at Number One
09-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Fake Alice in Chains? Come on, man...I figured we'd be past that by now. I don't think Cantrell would carry on if it didn't feel right. Sure sounds good to me.

bobbie solo
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
i have no problem with jerry starting the band back up and going out. i get it and dont think its offensive or anything. its just not for me. seeing some dude who looks like lenny kravitz with his ridiculous leather jacket and bell bottoms front AIC is just not for me.

The Ghost at Number One
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
It's cool. We shall agree to disagree.

JLRedWing13
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Fake Alice in Chains? Come on, man...I figured we'd be past that by now. I don't think Cantrell would carry on if it didn't feel right. Sure sounds good to me.
Seriously....they couldn't have found a better fill-in for Layne at this point. DuVall was on point the entire set.

bt11763
09-27-2010, 10:10 AM

agreed. really pissed i missed this show.

also, i'm happy to see someone else is in to and seeing Mumford & Sons, what a great band :D

Sanitarium78
09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
place ended up being 85/90% full by the time AIC went on, excluding 400 section which wasn't sold i think. I still think they must have given away a ton of tix to fill that place up, i know theyre big but i cant see AIC getting so close to filling up such a huge arena.

Really? you don't think AIC is popular enough to fill a large arena? Take a look at these album sales and see if that changes your mind on the matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Chains_discography#Albums

Bands that have sold this well and continue to do so like AIC can headline any arena they want.

The Ghost at Number One
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
also, i'm happy to see someone else is in to and seeing Mumford & Sons, what a great band :DIndeed, Mumford & Sons are great, and I'm really looking forward to the show.