PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian -- Tilburg, Netherlands -- September 24th, 2010

maidenpriest
09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
This is coming from someone on the BG forum who was updating the setlist. If I can find some better confirmation I will post it.

01.Sacred Worlds
02.Welcome to Dying
03.Nightfall
04.Fly
05.Another Holy War
06.Traveler in Time
07.Bright Eyes
08.Valhalla
09.Lord of the Rings
10.This Will Never End
11.A Voice in the Dark
12.And the Story Ends
-----------------------------
13.Punishment Divine
14.The Bard's Song (In the Forest)
15.Wheel of Time
16.Mirror, Mirror

Travis The Dragon
09-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Only 3 new songs? :(

maidenpriest
09-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Only 3 new songs? :(

yeah :( some people were saying that they were only going to play 3 new songs but idk. i much rather hear 4-5 new ones.

maidenpriest
09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
I am a lot more suprised by the lack of Time Stand Still, Imaginations and Script. Would rather hear those again then And the Story Ends, LotR and Bright Eyes but oh well. See how it turns out for rest of the tour.

mankvill
09-24-2010, 02:31 PM
02.Welcome to Dying
03.Nightfall
05.Another Holy War
07.Bright Eyes
08.Valhalla
09.Lord of the Rings
12.And the Story Ends
15.Wheel of Time

OH SHIT SON

maidenpriest
09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
OH SHIT SON

is Manks happy with this set? lmao

maidenpriest
09-24-2010, 02:51 PM
same set posted on setlist.fm

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-guardian/2010/013-tilburg-netherlands-4bd5cb8a.html

mankvill
09-24-2010, 03:13 PM
is Manks happy with this set? lmao

Yeah bro. Sure, I'd love to hear Script and Imaginations, but Another Holy War is baller and Wheel Of Time gives me a chub.

Maiden33
09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Pros:
-the 3 best new songs IMO
-And the Story Ends, Another Holy War, Traveler in Time, AND Lord of the Rings? Jeff is very happy. Punishment Divine is nice too.

Cons:
-no Imaginations From the Other Side = kinda a WTF moment for me.
-could've done with another new song or two since the album is awesome, but I didn't really expect any more.

Overall I would be very, very happy to see this setlist. I suspect for America they'll find a way to squeeze Imaginations and/or Time Stand Still in there, probably at the expense of some of the cooler numbers.

darkguardian50
09-24-2010, 07:58 PM
01.Sacred Worlds
02.Welcome to Dying
03.Nightfall
04.Fly
05.Another Holy War
06.Traveler in Time
07.Bright Eyes
08.Valhalla
09.Lord of the Rings
10.This Will Never End
11.A Voice in the Dark
12.And the Story Ends
-----------------------------
13.Punishment Divine
14.The Bard's Song (In the Forest)
15.Wheel of Time
16.Mirror, Mirror
They chose good tracks for the new songs but I really think they should have done Tanelorn and Curse my Name and taken out This Will Never End and Lord of the Rings. If your new album is kickass then play more stuff from it!

I was really hoping we would see them do Curse of Feanor this tour but I kinda suspect we will never see them do it live. Damn Shame as thats my alltime favorite BG song. Really they could play the entire Nightfall album and I'd be thrilled to death. Thorns and When Sorrow Sang are two others that I'd love to hear live but we probably never will. Kinda suprised at the lack of anything from Battalions of Fear..no Majesty or Run for the Night?

I don't hate Lord of the Rings (especially like the version that is on Forgotten Tales which is sorta what they typically do live) but I'd rather here the very interesting Curse My Name which has a similar vibe.

Still I'd be pretty happy with this set if they play here in Florida. And chances are this will be pretty close to the set we will get as they in my experience don't change their set around all that much. Least they didn't last two times I saw them.

maidenpriest
09-24-2010, 09:12 PM
They chose good tracks for the new songs but I really think they should have done Tanelorn and Curse my Name and taken out This Will Never End and Lord of the Rings. If your new album is kickass then play more stuff from it!

Kinda suprised at the lack of anything from Battalions of Fear..no Majesty or Run for the Night?

I don't hate Lord of the Rings (especially like the version that is on Forgotten Tales which is sorta what they typically do live) but I'd rather here the very interesting Curse My Name which has a similar vibe.

I agree with you that This Will Never End should be replaced by Tanelorn. I wouldn't mind a rarely played song in that spot either. From the sets I have seen recently since 2006, Majesty isn't often played anymore. Only on certain nights will they play it. Run for the Night I haven't seen at all in that same time frame. And I would rather here A Past and Future Secret or something instead of Curse My Name, its the weakest song for me imo on the album.

MPF
09-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I was really hoping for Born In A Mourning Hall, but I really dig this set.

maidenpriest
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Wheel of Time video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brnN4RaIYW4

sounds really damn good

xStructualDefect
09-25-2010, 03:31 PM
no Into The Storm is kind of a wtf for me. i'm really happy to see Traveler in Time, Punishment Divine and Another Holy War in there though, that was really unexpected. i'm not too big of a fan on And The Story Ends tbh. i'd love to see Battlefield played, but i doubt that will ever happen. i'm still hoping for an addition of Lost in the Twilight Hall and Somewhere Far Beyond.

darkguardian50
09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Wheel of Time video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brnN4RaIYW4

sounds really damn good

It really does. Hansi can be hit and miss vocally but he sounds pretty damn good here. I like how they arranged this song live. As with alot of their other heavily orchestrated pieces it seems to come out a little heavier live.

daniel_bunuel
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I had a great time at the show, it was my second time, first one was on 2002, so it's beng a long since then, i liked the setlist but in the printed one they had imaginations and still they didn't played it.

I'm hoping to see a bg show where they actualll play some more of their earlier stuff i want to see banish from sanctuary, goodbye my friend, majesty, journey through the dark, script for my requiem. I was also hoping to hear at least other 2 new songs.

you can see the video of bright eyes in http://vimeo.com/15268129