PDA

View Full Version : Dimmu Borgir -- Abrahadabra WOW!

Travis The Dragon
09-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Another SUPER AMAZING album from the best symphonic black metal band EVER! 10/10. Also, I'm VERY glad to discover that those annoying high pitched "helium" sounding vocals in Gateways are NOT used in the rest of the album. In fact, there is almost NO clean type vocals what so ever, but that doesn't prevent the album from being SUPER GREAT!

Also, does anyone know who does the clean singing in Endings and Continuations?

JuuKun
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Another SUPER AMAZING album from the best symphonic black metal band EVER

WOW I didn't know there was a new Emperor album out! Thanks, man! You just made my night!

In all seriousness, though, I have such little interest in new Dimmu material. I might give it a listen or two if only because I believe I read somewhere that Snowy Shaw did what little clean vocals are on it, even though he was only in the band for such a short time.

mankvill
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Another SUPER AMAZING album from the best symphonic black metal band EVER!

Limbonic Art has a new album?

actually, they do!

DethMaiden
09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Limbonic Art has a new album?

actually, they do!

And it sucks!

mastodon421
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Another SUPER AMAZING album from the best symphonic black metal band EVER!

Winds Of Plague?

Crionics
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I saw the title of this thread from the community forums sceen. I guessed Fonz made this thread, and I was right. Yay.

Back on topic, I have no interest in this album or Dimmu Borgir anymore.

Travis The Dragon
09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
What exactly made you guess that I made it?

The_jman
09-23-2010, 06:02 PM
What exactly made you guess that I made it?
The "Wow!" in a thread title just screamed fonz....just sayin...

Travis The Dragon
09-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Ah, that explains it. :lol:

darkguardian50
09-23-2010, 11:32 PM
WOW I didn't know there was a new Emperor album out! Thanks, man! You just made my night!

In all seriousness, though, I have such little interest in new Dimmu material. I might give it a listen or two if only because I believe I read somewhere that Snowy Shaw did what little clean vocals are on it, even though he was only in the band for such a short time.
Is that a good thing? I've felt for a while now that Snowy is the weakest link in Therion I was glad to hear he was leaving a bit disappointed to hear he was coming back. I think used in small doses he is fine but Therion was really overusing him to the point where he became annoying. Its pretty apparent on Sitra Ahra. It seems to me given how he seems to sing on alot of the Therion tracks that Dimmu was actually a better fit for him. Dimmu is actually pretty cool, I don't like much black metal, but better than Emperor? No. I think they took the sort of symphonic chaos (I mean that in a good way) that Emperor pioneered and made a good career out of it, but I don't think they are the best at it by any means. Kinda interested to hear the new album though.

Dissimulate
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Surprise, surprise....it sucks. They really did kick out all the talent. Adding 500 orchestral musicians will not replace that.

idrinkwine732
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Me listening to this album :zzz::zzz::zzz:

NecroRob
09-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I downloaded this, listened to 3 songs, then went back and listened to the new Enslaved again.

Kapper
10-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Also, does anyone know who does the clean singing in Endings and Continuations?

Kristoffer 'Garm' Rygg, who is the frontman for Ulver.

Also, have a read of my more in-depth review here:
http://www.metalobsession.net/11/10/2010/album-reviews/dimmu-borgir-abrahadabra

treghet
10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I downloaded this, listened to 3 songs, then went back and listened to the new Enslaved again.

:party: I'm loving the Enslaved album right now.

daimonos
10-11-2010, 08:04 PM
:party: I'm loving the Enslaved album right now.

Me too. Favorite of the year. :fist: