PDA

View Full Version : Hellbastard -- Lawrence, KS -- September 21st, 2010

mankvill
09-21-2010, 10:09 PM
It's always fun to go to a house show, but this was insane. Hellbastard are one of the most important UK punk/metal bands and having their energy in such a confined space made for a memorable set. During one of the first few songs that took place in the sweatbox that is a basement in Lawrence, the second guitarist's string broke and he switched it out for another guitar. Other than that and a few sound problems, everything went smoothly. Well, as smooth as a legendary crust/thrash band can go. Every song was heavy and great, but ending with a cover of Die By The Sword was just the icing on the cake. Great show from these guys.

Setlist included: Afrikkan Beggar, Die By The Sword (Slayer cover)

Hellbastard: 9/10
No Master: 8/10
Weekend Dad: 8/10
Meth Horse: 7.5/10

elturtleboy
09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Ahhh they played for free here in CA but it was kinda far. Are those the only songs they played?

mankvill
09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Ahhh they played for free here in CA but it was kinda far. Are those the only songs they played?

Naw man they played for a good half hour or more. I'd say about 10 - 13 songs.

christopher
09-21-2010, 11:06 PM
I saw them at the Blvd in Boyle Heights a few weeks ago. I left halfway through their set cause I was too high to handle staying in there much longer haha. I missed the free show the next day cause of work

Bloodcurse
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Did they play "Nazis Killed"?

mankvill
09-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Did they play "Nazis Killed"?

Sounds familiar. Probably. One of the opening bands also covered "Screaming At A Wall" by Minor Threat.

elturtleboy
09-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Sounds familiar. Probably. One of the opening bands also covered "Screaming At A Wall" by Minor Threat.

i miss ur minor threat Icon. every time i wear that shirt i think of you.