PDA

View Full Version : Dimmu Borgir -- Amsterdam, Netherlands -- September 19th, 2010

Travis The Dragon
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
1. Xibir (intro)
2. Spellbound (By The Devil)
3. Dimmu Borgir
4. Gateways
5. Chess With The Abyss
6. The Serpentine Offering
7. Puritania
8. Progenies OF The Great Apocalypse
9. Morning Palace
10. Perfection Or Vanity (outro)

SOURCE (http://dimmu-borgir.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29932)
If you scroll down and read more posts, you'll see that the bass player is still unknown and he does not sing any clean vocal parts, but instead they are pre-recorded back tracks.

daimonos
09-20-2010, 01:35 PM
This set blows.

At least they kept Mourning Palace and Spellbound.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
This set blows.

At least they kept Mourning Palace and Spellbound.

What he said. Also, I hate when a band has enough money to bring someone on tour, and they still use backing tracks.

300%_Density
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I still love Dimmu but how can you not be embarrassed to have PRE-RECORDED vocal parts. Background music I understand. But it's VOCALS for god sakes. I understand wanting to tour again and promote but doesn't this hurt more than help?

Travis The Dragon
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Did you ever think of the possibility that the new bass player can't sing?

300%_Density
09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Did you ever think of the possibility that the new bass player can't sing?

Considering that one of their big things of their sound is their bass player doing the clean vocals wouldn't that be a huge thing for them to hire a new bass player for to begin w/ to avoid backing vocals?

Travis The Dragon
09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Maybe all the bass players that auditioned didn't have good singing voices. Even though I find that a bit hard to believe. Either way, I'm looking forward to my show! :rocker:

Derelict
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
You gotta find someone who can sing then, even if you stick a guy on the side of the stage who's only there to sing - pre-recorded vocals live kill a band's performance IMO. Also, makes me wonder if other aspects of the live performance are from a tape also.

Indestructible
09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
That isnt a headlining set is it?

Travis The Dragon
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
No, that's from the tour with Korn.

smearCampaign
09-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Bleh. Dimmu really has gone south.

I would love to see Enslaved and Blood Red Throne do an off date in Austin.

AnglOvDeth
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Also, makes me wonder if other aspects of the live performance are from a tape also.

Yep. :eyes:

daimonos
09-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Most of the symphonic stuff is probably played from tape, I would think.

kevin_headbanger
09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Man, this setlist is way too short!!!

There's 4 new songs, it's a good way to promote the new album...but please oh please bring back more stuff from Spiritual Black Dimensions and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant!

Derelict
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Also, FONZ, you f'ed up the format, unless Amsterdam is its own independent city-state

orlandodavis
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah Fonz. You got had me thinking it was Amsterdam, Alabama.;). Thanks for the list.

JuuKun
09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
No, that's from the tour with Korn.

I laughed so hard at this, because if I didn't know they were touring together, I would swear you were joking.

bassmasta257
09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Most of the symphonic stuff is probably played from tape, I would think.

i saw them back in 07 or 08 i believe, and the keyboards weren't working, it was obvious by the dude not playing and moving around and getting angry, along with people going on stage to look at the keyboards, however most of the symphonic elements were still playing. i was quite pissed, i mean i understand you cant play all of it but still it was a bit rediculous

Travis The Dragon
09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Hopefully a mod can fix the title.

Dissimulate
09-21-2010, 06:24 PM
At least the setlist looks good.

Griphook
09-22-2010, 11:48 PM
SOURCE (http://dimmu-borgir.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29932)
If you scroll down and read more posts, you'll see that the bass player is still unknown and he does not sing any clean vocal parts, but instead they are pre-recorded back tracks.

If anybody is interested the live bass player is Cyrus (ex-Satyricon, Sarke (live), Susperia)

kngdymond
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
as lame is dimmu is they have way more replies to this thread than most on the board to bad they really have slipped a lot have been looking forward to new cd and tour but the youtube stuff looks so lame and not into seeing a band that used to really give a great show just be 3 guys and some hired hands the live show is suffering badly and the spirit of the band is gone if you saw them on death cult armagedon tour ( not ozzfest) or before no reason to go see it now will only let you down FLAME AWAY HA HA:bouville:

Derelict
09-24-2010, 03:59 AM
as lame is dimmu is they have way more replies to this thread than most on the board to bad they really have slipped a lot have been looking forward to new cd and tour but the youtube stuff looks so lame and not into seeing a band that used to really give a great show just be 3 guys and some hired hands the live show is suffering badly and the spirit of the band is gone if you saw them on death cult armagedon tour ( not ozzfest) or before no reason to go see it now will only let you down FLAME AWAY HA HA:bouville:

Punctuation. Learn it. Live it. Love it.