es156
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Tour: Time Machine Tour
Headliner: Rush
Support: (None)
Venue: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Maryland Heights, MO
Date: August 22nd, 2010
========================================

This was the third show of my three show weekend. The first two shows were in Chicago and this show was in St. Louis. (I drove a total of 710 miles during those 3 days.) It was quite a crazy weekend, but I was excited to see the Time Machine Tour a second time. It was an excellent show the first time that I saw it in Chicago on July 5th, but the Charter One Pavillion is one of my least favorite venues. I was expecting the sound to be much better in St. Louis. The set list was the same as the Chicago show.

Rush Set List:

01. The Spirit Of Radio
02. Time Stand Still
03. Presto
04. Stick It Out
05. Workin' Them Angels
06. Leave That Thing Alone
07. Faithless
08. BU2B
09. Freewill
10. Marathon
11. Subdivisions

12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan
20. Drum Solo
21. Closer To The Heart (Alex Acoustic Intro)
22. 2112 (Overture/The Temples of Syrinx)
23. Far Cry

24. La Villa Strangiato
25. Working Man

1st Set Time: 7:45-8:53
2nd Set Time: 9.18-10:51

Rush Lineup:

Bass/Keyboards/Vocals: Geddy Lee
Guitar: Alex Lifeson
Drums: Neil Peart

As expected, the sound was much better at this show than at the Chicago show. We were sitting dead center in the 2nd section about 6 rows behind the sound board and the sound was excellent. Seeing Moving Pictures again was great mainly because of The Camera Eye. It was amazing the first time and even better this time. The light show also seemed more impressive, probably just because of where our seats were located. I was surprised that we could feel the heat from some of the pyro even back in the 2nd section. I really enjoyed both of the shows that I caught on this tour. The new songs are great and I am looking forward to the new disc and tour next year.