06-Sleeping Giant
07-Circle of Cysquatch
08-Aqua Dementia
09-Iron Tusk
10-March of the Fire Ants

Source: www.setlist.fm

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-17-2010, 06:14 AM
The Deftones and AiC sets were about what I suspected they would be. I was really hoping for more old school from Mastodon. No Iron Tusk, Motherpuncher, Sleeping Giant or Seabeast?

larvtard
09-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Wow, what a shitty set. Mastodon doesn't know how to compile sets anymore after playing Crack the Skye on three different tours. Oblivionn and Divinations are to be expected, and I'm fine with that- they're great songs. But unless they decide to pull out The Last Baron, two or three CTS songs should be enough. We've all had ample time to hear the CTS songs live. Quintescence and Ghost are the worst songs on CTS anyway.

March of the Fire Ants and Blood and Thunder are great songs and obvious staples, but ehhhh.

Sanitarium78
09-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Good set from AIC. Nice to see DIAH and WDY in there. Thank god they're not ending with Rooster. I've always thought that was the weakest track on Dirt and made for a boring ender. Would? is perfect as the closer.

petrovar
09-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Wow, what a shitty set. Mastodon doesn't know how to compile sets anymore after playing Crack the Skye on three different tours. Oblivionn and Divinations are to be expected, and I'm fine with that- they're great songs. But unless they decide to pull out The Last Baron, two or three CTS songs should be enough. We've all had ample time to hear the CTS songs live. Quintescence and Ghost are the worst songs on CTS anyway.

March of the Fire Ants and Blood and Thunder are great songs and obvious staples, but ehhhh.

I have to agree. I love Mastodon, but you're exactly right. Quintessence and Ghost of Karelia could have been dropped. The title track would have been awesome to add too. I love hearing it live. The Deftones and AIC sets are similar to what they have been playing. Either way it looks like a great tour and I'm pissed it's not coming here.

petrovar
09-17-2010, 06:54 AM
I've been wondering this and hopefully Wolverinekills can answer it. I was surprised this was an arena tour because as much as I love all three bands, none of them strike me as being able to fill an arena. How full was the place?

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Did not attend, found the setlists online. I'll let you know how full the St. Louis show is on Oct. 1st. I do know that when I saw AiC this past March in Nashville that they played in front of roughly 8000 fans. I would expect most shows on this tour in the 10,000 range on average.

Sanitarium78
09-17-2010, 07:15 AM
I've been wondering this and hopefully Wolverinekills can answer it. I was surprised this was an arena tour because as much as I love all three bands, none of them strike me as being able to fill an arena. How full was the place?

AIC has been playing smaller venues since they came back a few years ago but I believe they're still popular enough to fill arenas respectably. Their new album has gone gold in the US and Check My Brain and Your Decision both went to number 1 on modern rock stations across the country. So the fanbase is still there and people do want to see them.

In the late 90s/early 2000s the Deftones had some popular songs and some albums that sold quite well for them. Both them and Mastodon have a decent following to which will help to fill the seats.

petrovar
09-17-2010, 07:29 AM
AIC has been playing smaller venues since they came back a few years ago but I believe they're still popular enough to fill arenas respectably. Their new album has gone gold in the US and Check My Brain and Your Decision both went to number 1 on modern rock stations across the country. So the fanbase is still there and people do want to see them.

In the late 90s/early 2000s the Deftones had some popular songs and some albums that sold quite well for them. Both them and Mastodon have a decent following to which will help to fill the seats.

True, and I think most of the places will have majority of the seats filled, but I doubt any will sellout. I am just curious as to how filled they get.

PlaysWithKnives
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Wow. I didn't realize AIC was touring for Dirt again :D. Really though its a good set. It would be nice if they came here. I'm a newbie to Mastodon, and the set seems ok to me. But if I were seeing them for the first time, something extra off Leviathan or Remission would be cool. As for the deftones, they have always annoyed me for some reason.

JRA
09-17-2010, 08:37 AM

Don't go ehhh for Blood & Thunder. It's not an obvious staple. For 2 years they stopped playing it. and then Troy and Brann gave a smartass interview where they said they don't want to play it because the fans like it. Only recently did they come back to their senses. Be grateful for what you get folks.

That being said, Ghost of Karelia still sucks. Personally, I'd substitute that song for I am Ahab and We Built This Come Death.

Also, I'm the only person in the world who likes Quintessence, so keep it coming.

mastodon421
09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm fine with Mastodon's setlist. I am pretty much the only person that loves Ghost Of Karelia, so I am stoked on that being in there. Quintessence is not one of my faves but whatever. I am not going to complain about any Mastodon set that has Blood and Thunder in it.

Alice In Chains's set is fucking awesome. I am loving the plethora of material off of Dirt

petrovar
09-17-2010, 09:14 AM
As a disclaimer, I think all of the Crack the Skye songs are great. Those two are just my least favorite of the album.

dimmudan
09-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Was anyone else there last night? I don't remember blood and thunder. I thought march of the fire ants closed Mastodon's set. Am I wrong? I didn't think I was that wasted but I caught a ton of 2nd hand smoke so maybe I was :)

JLRedWing13
09-17-2010, 09:37 AM
I love Quintessence.... :eyes:

That AIC setlist is perfect for me, as someone who has yet to see them. I can't wait. :D

dimmudan
09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Also again maybe I'm high but I thought I remember Iron Tusk.

It was reasonably full last night. Venue supposedly holds 7500 to 8000 I would guess there were between 6000 and 7000 there.

Anyone going should enjoy. aic sounded great although some people thought aic were lip synching in spots. My guess is piped in backing vocals but they sounded great.

Not a big deftones fan but chino's vocal range is amazing. Some of his shrieks sounded painful but very impressive. High energy too.

Mastodon's sound was not great and brent appeared upset at the start of the set. That said mastodon was still the highlight for me.

dimmudan
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I can see based on the video backdrop for rooster how it could be a strong closing song but I agree would? was a good closing song.

$11 beers at the venue.ouch. And yet we still buy them

Derelict
09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I can see based on the video backdrop for rooster how it could be a strong closing song but I agree would? was a good closing song.

$11 beers at the venue.ouch. And yet we still buy them

that beer better come with a hanj for $11

DethMaiden
09-17-2010, 10:15 AM
My lack of interest in DuVall AIC and Deftones would keep me from going anyway, but that Mastodon setlist would be the last nail in the coffin. I hope the next album is crushing and in the vein of Remission and Leviathan, or else we'll have a full setlist of wanky prog metal. They're good at it, but they're better at the old shit, and it comes off better live.

AnthG
09-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Detones:

1.Diamond Eyes
2.Rocket Skates
3.Around the Fur
4.Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
5.My Own Summer (Shove It)
6.Prince
7.You've Seen The Butcher
8.Sextape
9.Passenger (with Tim McIlrath)
10.Change (In the House of Flies)
11.Nosebleed
12.Engine No. 9
13.7 Words

Source: www.setlist.fm

Nice set, and that's pretty cool that they were able to get Tim to sing Passenger with them. I'm assuming that this is a one time thing given that Rise Against are from Chicago and probably just happened to be in the area.

mastodon421
09-17-2010, 10:28 AM
For anyone that went how much was merch?

TonyD
09-17-2010, 10:47 AM
The Deftones and AiC sets were about what I suspected they would be. I was really hoping for more old school from Mastodon. No Iron Tusk, Motherpuncher, Sleeping Giant or Seabeast?

I didn't look, but I'm not really surprised that any of those are missing.

IrritatedTrout
09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Disappointing Masto set and pretty good, although predictable AIC set. It's ok though, I'm still pumped to see two great bands in one night. Plus it's not like I've never seen Mastodon before so I can live with this set.

IrritatedTrout
09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.spin.com/articles/alice-chains-deftones-mastodon-roar-life

Rotten Apple?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee111/imdez2007/Alice%20in%20Chains/P1000774.jpg

300%_Density
09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm not one to quote spin magazine but the setlist they posted has Rotten Apple listed towards the end of the set and if that is true that would be f'n amazing. Always wanted to hear that song. Don't know if spin is wrong or setlist.fm although I know who my money is on.

Fail I didn't read that previous post. Just call me stupid and ignore what I just said....Wow....

dimmudan
09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
The $11 beer comes with a sketch and a handjob so daddy can crank up the generator for another week or two :) (obscure aqua teen reference)

petrovar
09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm not one to quote spin magazine but the setlist they posted has Rotten Apple listed towards the end of the set and if that is true that would be f'n amazing. Always wanted to hear that song. Don't know if spin is wrong or setlist.fm although I know who my money is on.

Fail I didn't read that previous post. Just call me stupid and ignore what I just said....Wow....

Wait, I'm confused. So who are you going with, Spin or setlist.fm? I don't know whether to feel pissed or relieved

300%_Density
09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Wait, I'm confused. So who are you going with, Spin or setlist.fm? I don't know whether to feel pissed or relieved

Sorry, the english language failed me. I didn't see in the previous post that said Rotten Apple? I would be stoked as hell to see them do Rotten Apple. Probably my favorite AIC song. I'm not a fan of spin by any means but I think they are more reliable than setlist.fm that we have seen fail on here from time to time. I did not get to see them do it when they headlined the beginning of the year. Fingers crossed.

Yes probably confusing the way I typed that out.

petrovar
09-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry, the english language failed me. I didn't see in the previous post that said Rotten Apple? I would be stoked as hell to see them do Rotten Apple. Probably my favorite AIC song. I'm not a fan of spin by any means but I think they are more reliable than setlist.fm that we have seen fail on here from time to time. I did not get to see them do it when they headlined the beginning of the year. Fingers crossed.

Yes probably confusing the way I typed that out.

OK, i gotcha. Rotten Apple would be UNBELIEVABLE to hear, but I doubt we will see it anytime soon.

If AIC were to tour and play all of Jar of Flies...:drool:

JLRedWing13
09-17-2010, 09:13 PM
OK, i gotcha. Rotten Apple would be UNBELIEVABLE to hear, but I doubt we will see it anytime soon.
Hahahahahaha.

Wait until you see the setlist I am about to post.:D

slover1011
09-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi, I can clarify this. I shot the AIC set and took a photo of the setlist before they started. Rotten Apple was scheduled as the very first encore as Spin reported--however they started their set 10 minutes late and the venue had an 11 pm curfew so when they came back that was the song the cut. Very sad to not see them play this as their sound was perfect that night (and the previous time I caught their show). Their mixing crew do a fantastic job.

We have a review and shots coming (they haven't posted yet, but they should soon). Check it out.

www.sonicrampage.com

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I corrected the bogus setlist.fm info for Mastodon's set.

MPF
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
For anyone still confused about Mastodon's Setlist:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=323095

01-Naked Burn
02-Divinations
03-Crystal Skull
04-Colony Of Birchmen
05-Megalodon
06-Sleeping Giant
07-Circle of Cysquatch
08-Aqua Dementia
09-Iron Tusk
10-March of the Fire Ants

JLRedWing13
09-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi, I can clarify this. I shot the AIC set and took a photo of the setlist before they started. Rotten Apple was scheduled as the very first encore as Spin reported--however they started their set 10 minutes late and the venue had an 11 pm curfew so when they came back that was the song the cut. Very sad to not see them play this as their sound was perfect that night (and the previous time I caught their show). Their mixing crew do a fantastic job.
Your loss may have been Detroit's gain. If they had played Rotten Apple in Chicago, we may not have gotten it in Detroit last Friday.