PDA

View Full Version : If you work for Astraeus Airlines, you might get to meet Bruce Dickinson

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146069

Maiden33
09-15-2010, 05:32 PM
God dammit fonzy.

Wooo I got to be the first for once!

JRA
09-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Enh, this is somewhat useful. Also, I love how the user rating for Final Frontier is slowly falling. :fingers:

DethMaiden
09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Enh, this is somewhat useful. Also, I love how the user rating for Final Frontier is slowly falling. :fingers:

1) No it isn't.

2) Have you heard it?

Sanitarium78
09-15-2010, 05:50 PM
1) No it isn't.

2) Have you heard it?

It has though. I remember the user rating was in the like 8.5 at first now it's down to like a 7 something last I looked. It's a really good album but I listened to it too much when I first got it so i've been taking a break from it the last couple weeks.

Maybe some people are in the same boat so the rating may have gone down because of that.

DethMaiden
09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
It has though. I remember the user rating was in the like 8.5 at first now it's down to like a 7 something last I looked. It's a really good album but I listened to it too much when I first got it so i've been taking a break from it the last couple weeks.

Maybe some people are in the same boat so the rating may have gone down because of that.

No it isn't was in reference to thread being useful. Because it isn't. Because it's stupid.

Derelict
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
We need a /fonzpalm icon

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
What's wrong with this thread?

treghet
09-15-2010, 06:08 PM
What's wrong with this thread?

What do you think the chances are that someone here works for Astraeus Airlines?

idrinkwine732
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Or are remotely interested in Bruce Dickinson's professional life.

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 06:13 PM
What do you think the chances are that someone here works for Astraeus Airlines?
The thread title was for fun, intended to grab your attention.
Or are remotely interested in Bruce Dickinson's professional life.
Just because you're not doesn't mean others aren't.

I'm sure because it's ME who starts some of these threads, they get reactions like "god damn it fonzy". I'm willing to bet that if people who give those reactions were the thread starters, you'd all react a bit differently. I'm not sure what people have against me on here.

treghet
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm sure because it's ME who starts some of these threads, they get reactions like "god damn it fonzy". I'm willing to bet that if people who give those reactions were the thread starters, you'd all react a bit differently. I'm not sure what people have against me on here.

Actually, I'd have the same reaction if anyone else here started this thread. And no one ever had anything against you (to my knowledge) - they just point out that most of the threads you start are pointless.

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Well, I think it's SUPER AMAZING that my most favorite singer of all time is so heavily involved in this line of work and would LOVE to have a job at Astraeus Airlines.

Sanitarium78
09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure what people have against me on here.

You just seem to come off overly excited about a lot of little things. At least it shows you're passionate about what the bands you like are up to so that's a positive.

Derelict
Well, I think it's SUPER AMAZING that my most favorite singer of all time is so heavily involved in this line of work and would LOVE to have a job at Astraeus Airlines.

i think boobs are super amazing, but i don't post updates about them here all day

mankvill
C'mon guys, fonzy is our own personal Iron Maiden blog and Blabbermouth RSS feed

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 06:31 PM
There actually have been interviews with members of Maiden on Blabbermouth that I didn't post on here so you're wrong.

TonyD
09-15-2010, 06:32 PM
i think boobs are super amazing, but i don't post updates about them here all day

THIS

Because if somebody else does it, it wouldn't be like they've done it before, and they don't do it all the time.
That's like saying, "you're only mad that I'm making a joke about jews because I'm Hitler". Maybe not, but it's still a funny thought :lol:

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
This wasn't an update. It was a new news item on Bruce.

idrinkwine732
09-15-2010, 07:04 PM
would LOVE to have a job at Astraeus Airlines.

For all you know, they have terrible benefits and pay 10k a year. The only reason you consider this at all cool is because Dickinson works there. Either way though, this thread was not necessary.

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 07:09 PM
For all you know, they have terrible benefits and pay 10k a year. The only reason you consider this at all cool is because Dickinson works there. Either way though, this thread was not necessary.

Ya, it was so unnecessary that it's had over 100 views since I posted it.

IrritatedTrout
09-15-2010, 07:11 PM
:lol:

DethMaiden
09-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Ya, it was so unnecessary that it's had over 100 views since I posted it.

None of the comments have been about the article, bro.

Maiden33
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
The problem is that you constantly post threads that, for how much people genuinely care about them, could just be addressed via a post in the "What Are You Doing" Thread - aka where most people on this board go to randomly vent thoughts on casual news, not worth posting about in the News Subforum or as its own topic here.

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 07:17 PM
The problem is that you constantly post threads that, for how much people genuinely care about them, could just be addressed via a post in the "What Are You Doing" Thread - aka where most people on this board go to randomly vent thoughts on casual news, not worth posting about in the News Subforum or as its own topic here.

The problem with that is not everyone will check it. Starting a new thread insures that more people will have a chance of seeing it. As long as I'm not breaking any rules, I'm not too worried about it. If it was really that big of a deal, wouldn't the mods lock or delete my threads? I'm sure I'll end up starting up more similar threads. In that case:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/fonzbear2000/fonzy.png

Maiden33
09-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Fair enough - and you're right, you're not breaking any rules. I just think it's a lot of clutter and just common courtesy to not post a thread for every random thing like this. I can understand your concern over people seeing it if it's actual news that effects any of us, but this certainly is not.

SomewhereInTime72
09-15-2010, 07:23 PM

Nah, when I saw the thread title I was like
a. ...Wtf...?
b. .......Is this a fonz thread
(it is)
c. goddammit_fonzy.jpg

Travis The Dragon
09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Fair enough - and you're right, you're not breaking any rules. I just think it's a lot of clutter and just common courtesy to not post a thread for every random thing like this. I can understand your concern over people seeing it if it's actual news that effects any of us, but this certainly is not.

I see your point. Also, this is general chat, not the official news section. That's why I posted it here. Because I didn't deem it important enough to be in the news section. And I don't post a new thread for EVERY random thing. There are a LOT of things that I could post about, but don't. I just figured that this might catch the attention of the Maiden fans on here. Guess I was wrong. I'll never know unless I try though and I plan on to keep trying. :)

zgodt
09-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Fonz, haters gonna hate. You have my full support.

ravenheart
09-16-2010, 06:11 AM

About as good as the chances anyone's even flown with them. Or even heard of them had it not been for Bruce.

Sanitarium78
09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Fonz, haters gonna hate. You have my full support.

Same here. He may post some goofy thread topics but he's not trolling or anything. You can tell he means well with what he does and he's not trying to annoy anybody. He's just like that one guy we all know who tells us some random fact about something. After he's done you think, "well that's an intresting bit of info" but come the next day you already forgot about it.

Natrlhi
09-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Fonz, haters gonna hate. You have my full support.This. You have become an unofficial mascot for the board in some ways, and Satan loves you for that. Keep up the good work. We all need the laughs. If anybody actually thinks the board is really and truly getting too cluttered up by your silly threads that they can't stand it anymore, then they are welcome to fuck right the fuck off to some other corner of the interwebs.

Plus, I just love having a reason to post this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/God.jpg
http://www.visitingdc.com/images/hoover-dam-directions.jpg
http://www.skiptomylou.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/oven-mitt-1.jpg
http://www.christianfinnegan.com/fonzie.jpg

Derelict
09-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I like fonz, he makes things more entertaining here, also, he doesn't post about flouride

JLRedWing13
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Nah, when I saw the thread title I was like
a. ...Wtf...?
b. .......Is this a fonz thread
(it is)
c. goddammit_fonzy.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. :)

This just in!:
Steve Harris takes the biggest shit in the world and names it Sharon Osbourne! :lol: Now that deserves it's on thread! :D

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Actually, it's remained steady at 7.8 for quite some time now.

JRA
09-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I like fonz, he makes things more entertaining here, also, he doesn't post about flouride

Which makes him officially one step above Indoucheable on the "people who if banned this place would have considerably less fail" ladder.

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Which makes him officially one step above Indoucheable on the "people who if banned this place would have considerably less fail" ladder.

JRA
09-16-2010, 02:15 PM

He even has a sense of humor about his faggotry! That's a second prong to add to the argument why he's better than Alex Jones's fleshlight.

treghet
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM
He even has a sense of humor about his faggotry! That's a second prong to add to the argument why he's better than Alex Jones's fleshlight.

That last part. :LOLFC:

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Your sig JRA! :LOLFC: :LOLFC: :LOLFC:

Derelict
09-16-2010, 02:38 PM

:rofl:

Natrlhi
09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
He even has a sense of humor about his faggotry! That's a second prong to add to the argument why he's better than Alex Jones's fleshlight.As dismissive, condescending and indirectly insulting as this comment is, it's basically a sideways tribute coming from JRA.

So, revel in it, I guess, Fonzy. This is as close to a compliment as you're ever gonna get from the guy. :D

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
:lol: That's good enough for me. :)

The_jman
09-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Just because you can post a thread doesn't mean you should... just sayin. I find it helpful at times though, then I don't have to bother to go to blabbermouth and read the news for myself, its like I've got fonz to be a news anchor and tell me what I need to know. It helps me to be lazy.

ravenheart
09-18-2010, 12:51 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/God.jpg
http://www.visitingdc.com/images/hoover-dam-directions.jpg
http://www.skiptomylou.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/oven-mitt-1.jpg
http://www.christianfinnegan.com/fonzie.jpg

This deserved more laughs than it got :lol:

Maybe no one got it... :eyes:

TonyD
09-18-2010, 12:52 AM
This deserved more laughs than it got :lol:

Maybe no one got it... :eyes:

No we did, but this wasn't the first time he posted it.

ravenheart
09-18-2010, 01:29 AM
No we did, but this wasn't the first time he posted it.

Aha, that'll be me ignoring most fonz threads then ;)

Fires Of Sedition
09-18-2010, 06:39 AM
This thread..

http://www.nrwithkisha.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg