PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach

jhdeity
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
WOW! Single player has been a blast. Halfway through on Heroic in just a few hours though. So glad the controls are more like COD and other shooters. RB being reload in ODST was obnoxious. Sick, sick graphics

mastodon421
09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Haven't touched the single player yet but the multiplayer is really,really good. A lot different than othe Halo games though.

EvilCheeseWedge
09-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm enjoying it so far. I'm really surprised by how much better the visuals are in Reach than they were in 3/ODST. I like some of the new controls, but I'm having a really hard time getting used to melee on RB.

Div
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
bungie circa 2008: halo 3 was the last halo game we had planned to make. were gonna put this series on hiatus and make some new games now.

2010: trollface.jpg

Fires Of Sedition
09-15-2010, 09:10 AM
A girl I knew in high school got Reach and told me to buy it to play it with her. I got excited, then found out she has a boyfriend and is pregnant.

http://www.pixagen.com/storage/b3s/FFFFFFUUUUUU.jpg

JLRedWing13
09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Wonder if this will last longer than the CoD: MW craze?

Fires Of Sedition
09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I just got it yesterday. Haven't played multiplayer yet, but I only hear good things about it. Game Informer gave it a 9.5 out of 10.

jhdeity
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Single player the 1st half of the missions are a breeze but the 2nd half are epic wars. The flying missions are unlike anything in Halo before. Peobably my favorite Halo game and some great "blast from the past" screens in multiplayer.

Going to attempt Legendary now. Can only imagine how hard some levels will be...

Fires Of Sedition
09-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Single player the 1st half of the missions are a breeze but the 2nd half are epic wars. The flying missions are unlike anything in Halo before. Peobably my favorite Halo game and some great "blast from the past" screens in multiplayer.

Going to attempt Legendary now. Can only imagine how hard some levels will be...

I'm stuck on the Winter Contingency (I think that's the name) mission. I think when I saved and quit I was about half way through...it's hard as tits. At the end where it shows your medals/kills and what not it said my highest kill streak was 30 and I had over 15 deaths. Elites are tough bastards and Hunters take TONS of punishment before they finally die.

EDIT: The mission is actually Oni: Sword Base, not Winter Contingency. On Alpha Point Bravo right now.

Fires Of Sedition
09-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Played some multiplayer last night. Holy shit. I'm addicted.

SomewhereInTime72
09-24-2010, 07:30 AM
k so I was playing this the other night at my friends place and it was pretty damn fun. except that it was pretty much the same fun that I had when I played halo 2 way back when. so, halo is even more same-y than the madden series.... :eyes:

mastodon421
09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Played some multiplayer last night. Holy shit. I'm addicted.

I am as well, the online is fucking amazing.

Fires Of Sedition
09-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I am as well, the online is fucking amazing.

What's yer Gamertag? Mine's ExcrementHammer

mastodon421
09-24-2010, 12:16 PM
What's yer Gamertag? Mine's ExcrementHammer

My gamertag is xxIRONTUSKxx.

Fires Of Sedition
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Beat it on Legendary alone yesterday.

I am manly.

NecroRob
09-29-2010, 04:49 PM
The only real complaint about the game I have is the retarded "perks" (mainly just armor lock, actually) and the fact they don't have individual lobbies for snipers and SWAT. Otherwise it's pretty cool, I like the controls a lot more than Halo 3. It makes so much more sense to have melee on the RB with how much you use it in the game.

jhdeity
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Beat it on Legendary alone yesterday.

I am manly.

I kinda feel the same way. I beat it at each level and really thought Legendary was brutal in certain parts. Nothing cooler than beating a game and seeing 2 for 275 at the end though. One of my favorite games ever.

Fires Of Sedition
11-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I kinda feel the same way. I beat it at each level and really thought Legendary was brutal in certain parts. Nothing cooler than beating a game and seeing 2 for 275 at the end though. One of my favorite games ever.

Some of those fuckin' levels got me 10+ deaths. At least it was fun overall and didn't get old too soon. The multiplayer is great. I'm a Credit whore.

jhdeity
11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Some of those fuckin' levels got me 10+ deaths. At least it was fun overall and didn't get old too soon. The multiplayer is great. I'm a Credit whore.

I'm a total credit whore too. I'm at 990 on Reach and just ahve to get the LT. Colonel for 1000. I'm 200 points from 30K and will be seriously proud of that when I achieve it.

Did you notice they just added 250 worth of Achievements to Reach? I saw it on bungie.net when checking my commendations

Fires Of Sedition
11-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I think you got credits and achievements mistaken for each other, but I'm an achievement whore as well. I'm a few hundred points away from 50K Gamerscore and I have like 380K Credits on Reach :eyes:

No, I didn't see they added any achievements. Do you have to buy a map pack or some shit?

mankvill
11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I think you got credits and achievements mistaken for each other, but I'm an achievement whore as well. I'm a few hundred points away from 50K Gamerscore and I have like 380K Credits on Reach :eyes:

No, I didn't see they added any achievements. Do you have to buy a map pack or some shit?

Map Pack comes out the 30th

jhdeity
11-24-2010, 01:47 PM

Oh yeah. I'm only a credit whore to feed my achievement whore status. I just heard they're adding Crazy Taxi to the arcade soon and I'm jumping all over that shit and it's 200 achievement points. They didn't spend the money to get the rights to the offspring song though. Sucks but I'll still get it.

Yeah the Achievements didn't seem to all be linked to the new maps though. They're not on live yet but I saw them listed on my bungie.net page. Here they are:

You Blew It Up!
Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.

You Ate All the Chips
Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Offensive Driver
Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.

Poppin' & Lockin'
Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

Totally Worth It
Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Cross-Mappin'
Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.

Both Barrels
Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Fires Of Sedition
11-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Totally Worth It will be a bitch

jhdeity
11-26-2010, 04:43 PM
No doubt. I never use armor lock because I hate it. I might have to once I keep reaching higher levels but it seems so gay to me. I did a Shotgun double kill on The Cage so that won't be hard. 2 victims from the grave might be tough. Wish there were more actually...