PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Andrew or RJTurtle

IrritatedTrout
09-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I picked up the Rust In Peace Live CD yesterday and saw there are some crowd shots in the booklet. Did one of you guys make it into the booklet? It's kinda hard to tell but I think one person on the barrier looks like RJ.

rjturtle9
09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I picked up the Rust In Peace Live CD yesterday and saw there are some crowd shots in the booklet. Did one of you guys make it into the booklet? It's kinda hard to tell but I think one person on the barrier looks like RJ.

:bouville:

mankvill
09-10-2010, 11:44 AM

RJ died during that show, remember?

elturtleboy
09-10-2010, 01:45 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IrritatedTrout
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh shit. I totally fucking forgot.:eek: My bad, man.

JRA
09-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Wait...what?

mankvill
09-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Wait...what?

It's the show where RJTurtle went crowdsurfing and went over the barrier and like split his head open.

rjturtle9
09-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Good times. :lol:

bt11763
09-10-2010, 06:45 PM
:lol:

mankvill
09-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Good times. :lol:

THE GHOOOOOST OF RRRRJJJJ

JLRedWing13
09-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Not to get off topic, but how does the album sound?

IrritatedTrout
09-11-2010, 10:58 AM
It sounds good. Vocally Dave is off at times but that's to be expected. My only big complaint is that I hate the way the drums sound on the intro to RIP.

TonyD
09-11-2010, 11:09 AM
It sounds good. Vocally Dave is off at times but that's to be expected. My only big complaint is that I hate the way the drums sound on the intro to RIP.

From the clip I heard/saw, I was 99% sure that the vocals were re-recorded in studio.

andrew_metalhead
09-12-2010, 01:45 AM
@IrritatedTrout

Did you get the DVD? If you did, you'll see me in the 'behind the scenes' footage pretty clearly. :D

makethemsuffer12
09-12-2010, 12:01 PM
From the clip I heard/saw, I was 99% sure that the vocals were re-recorded in studio.

They were.

I don't know if the CD sounds any different, but the DVD sounds godawful. Seriously, it's an embarrasment. Dave's studio vocals sound like shit, the guitars sound sloppy, and it's mixed horribly. I feel bad for anyone that actually paid for that piece of shit.

andrew_metalhead
09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
They were.

I don't know if the CD sounds any different, but the DVD sounds godawful. Seriously, it's an embarrasment. Dave's studio vocals sound like shit, the guitars sound sloppy, and it's mixed horribly. I feel bad for anyone that actually paid for that piece of shit.

I thought the mix was great and the DVD doesn't sound 'godawful'.

I don't see how a band can do anything right when people are there to complain about everything. If they go back to the studio and re-record some parts, people say that it's not the live sound. When the band keeps the live sound, people say it sounds like shit. No-win situation for the band either way.

The mix on 'That One Night in Buenos Aires' was bad, but definitely can't agree with you on this one. I watched the DVD numerous times, and I don't think I'm deaf to be making a wrong judgement on it.

makethemsuffer12
09-12-2010, 12:10 PM
If they go back to the studio and re-record some parts, people say that it's not the live sound. When the band keeps the live sound, people say it sounds like shit. No-win situation for the band either way.

Understandable, but not when the studio overdubs suck ass. The vocals on Polaris are laughable. I'm not trying to bash them, Megadeth are one of my favorite bands, but this shit is a joke.