PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park-A Thousand Suns

Travis The Dragon
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
It leaked yesterday and I'm sorry to say that I'm VERY disappointed in it. What I love most about LP is Chester's great singing when he sings higher pitched and really belts it out. The new album has almost NONE of that! I don't get it. Why on earth would they leave out the VERY BEST part of LP??? I was so looking forward to this album too! Oh well. I'll have to crank up the new Maiden for the 78978946498th time!

MPF
09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
You can't honestly be that surprised by that can you? It's Linkin Park!

Travis The Dragon
09-08-2010, 03:39 PM
On all 3 other albums, almost every song has a part with Chester's powerful singing. So, yes I'm a bit surprised that they would leave it out.

MPF
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
On all 3 other albums, almost every song has a part with Chester's powerful singing. So, yes I'm a bit surprised that they would leave it out.

They've been downhill since after Meteora. You can thank Rick Rubin for that.

There is no doubt that Chester can sing, but that's not what's in right now. What's in is electronics and Autotune, so of course Rick Rubin is going to utilize that for Linking Park, it will make him extra money.

Travis The Dragon
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I personally loved Minutes To Midnight.

MPF
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I personally loved Minutes To Midnight.

I had a really hard time with it. It felt like a very sterile rock album. Kinda how I feel about this one, a sterile Electronica album. I'd love it if they got back into the perfect mix of both. Maybe on the next album?

ShatteredFlame
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Are you talking about Chester singing or Chester screaming? Cause I felt like the only member they relied on was Chester and his singing. There are like 4 straight up ballads on this album. Mike is there but when he is hes just throwing out pop rap hooks. Then there is "Blackout", the only track where Chester screams but it has to be one of the biggest mess of a song I've ever heard in my life. As for the other members, there presence is nonexistent for the ears. The album is pretty much "Linkin Park experiments" and nothing more, it just feels very unpolished. Also its way too mellow, even more so than M2M. "The Catalyst" is def its high point when listened all the way through because its just so upbeat compared to the other songs.

I actually listened to it 6 times through since yesterday and to me it just became another LP album. I now know every song, not saying its good but its listenable if your in the mood. Still a 4/10.

Travis The Dragon
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm talking about his singing. Like in almost every chorus on Meteora.

mankvill
09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Hybrid Theory was great when I was younger and I absolutely loved Meteora. Two of my most listened albums when I was younger.

Minutes to Midnight was atrocious, even from a nostalgic/former-fan standpoint. God damn. Not even going to listen to a single song from their current album.

maidenpriest
09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Hybrid Theory was great when I was younger and I absolutely loved Meteora. Two of my most listened albums when I was younger.

Minutes to Midnight was atrocious, even from a nostalgic/former-fan standpoint. God damn. Not even going to listen to a single song from their current album.

agreed on everything. i still listen to those two albums occasionally.

Dextrimental
09-08-2010, 07:42 PM
From what I've heard of this album, it sounds like a reanimimation, cept its a proper album they're backing, instead of them messing around with other sounds on their current material.

xStructualDefect
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM

this on everything. based on the one song i've heard i don't want to hear more.

300%_Density
09-09-2010, 12:34 AM
They've been downhill since after Meteora. You can thank Rick Rubin for that.

There is no doubt that Chester can sing, but that's not what's in right now. What's in is electronics and Autotune, so of course Rick Rubin is going to utilize that for Linking Park, it will make him extra money.

I'm making the bet right now... Linkin Park teams up w/ T Pain and does entire new album in Auto Tune... LOL ok I'm playing....

mastodon421
09-09-2010, 04:09 AM

Couldn't put it any better myself. Linkin Park's first two albums I still love to this day but Minutes To Midnight is unholy awful.

I am not even going to bother listening to this album. I heard the single, The Catalyst on the radio last week in my friend's car and it is so fucking bad. It's 500x worse than anything on Minutes To Midnight and that's saying something.

treghet
09-09-2010, 07:02 AM
I am not even going to bother listening to this album. I heard the single, The Catalyst on the radio last week in my friend's car and it is so fucking bad. It's 500x worse than anything on Minutes To Midnight and that's saying something.

Same here. I was actually amazed at how terrible it was.

ChildrenofSodom
09-09-2010, 08:01 AM
At the risk of sounding like a nostalgic hipster, their old shit was better.

Div
09-09-2010, 08:03 AM
god dammit fonzy.....

Travis The Dragon
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I actually like The Catalyst because Chester actually does some decent singing in it.

imanidiot777
10-01-2010, 04:25 AM
This might be up there with some of the worst music I have ever heard. I think A Thousand Suns to Linkin Park is worse than St. Anger is to Metallica. What the hell happened to the band that made Hybrid Theory and Meteora?

maidenpriest
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM
This might be up there with some of the worst music I have ever heard. I think A Thousand Suns to Linkin Park is worse than St. Anger is to Metallica. What the hell happened to the band that made Hybrid Theory and Meteora?

i ask myself that every time i play one of those albums...

rjmartinez91
10-03-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm sorry but Linkin Park are sell outs, period. ;)

ravenheart
10-03-2010, 02:43 AM

I didn't mind Minutes To Midnight that much. I wouldn't skip any of the tracks if they come up on a random playlist from my hard drive, but I never put the CD on.

The first two, yes, I listen to those from time to time and Meteora was easily my preferred option.

Everything I've heard from the new one I hate. Everything.