09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
FIREWIND
POWERGLOVE
THE ABSENCE

November 4th - Volume 11 Raleigh, NC
November 5th - Jaxx West Springfield, VA
November 6th - The Gramercy New York, NY
November 7th - Les Foufounes Electriques Montreal, Que

The NY date is on a Saturday and it's the day between Enslaved/Dimmu & Overkill/Forbidden. If I can get some people to drive down with me and pitch in gas money, I'd love to see Firewind headline, but otherwise I'll have to pass.

idrinkwine732
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
want, but no.

Maiden33
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Will be at the NYC show, no question. They were so awesome at both shows I saw in 2007, and it's been a long wait since. This is gonna be really cool, even with shit support.

xStructualDefect
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
i'd probably go this if it came here. support is good and even tho i've been wanting to see The Absence for awhile that's gonna be an akward lineup for them. Blind Guardian should've had Firewind and Powerglove on support instead of the other 2 bands.

Maiden33
09-08-2010, 05:52 PM
i'd probably go this if it came here. support is good and even tho i've been wanting to see The Absence for awhile that's gonna be an akward lineup for them. Blind Guardian should've had Firewind and Powerglove on support instead of the other 2 bands.

It actually should've just been Blind Guardian and Firewind, with Firewind playing about an hour, maybe an hour and 15 minutes. It would save me money and the hassle of seeing a total of 4 support bands I don't care about.

xStructualDefect
09-08-2010, 10:56 PM
It actually should've just been Blind Guardian and Firewind, with Firewind playing about an hour, maybe an hour and 15 minutes. It would save me money and the hassle of seeing a total of 4 support bands I don't care about.

that'd work too but i'd see Firewind getting 45min instead. no way would they co-headline since Blind Guardian is a lot bigger. Powerglove would've been cool as support though.

Maiden33
09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
that'd work too but i'd see Firewind getting 45min instead. no way would they co-headline since Blind Guardian is a lot bigger. Powerglove would've been cool as support though.

An hour or maybe even an hour and 15 minutes isn't a co-headliner, it's just a big support slot to me. Well, provided the headliner is actually playing as long as they should be, which Blind Guardian are pretty decent with.
Think about it, 2 half-hour support slots + 15 minute changeover = an hour and 15 minutes, so there's really no logistical reason a band as good and now as respected as Firewind couldn't or shouldn't be able to get that much time.

GameFreac
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Good line-up...too bad no dates near me.