PDA

View Full Version : Kataklysm -- Tulsa, OK -- September 6th, 2010

Fires Of Sedition
09-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Holy fucking shit. Five local openers. The first was alright, the three following them were incredibly fucking terrible, and the fifth (Hardtop For Kennedy) were bad ass. The second band had a chick doing bad clean vocals, a guitarist and bassist that played the same shit for every song, and no drummer. The third and fourth bands were both preteen shit bands who played (what they called) classic rock with no vocals and Christian deathcore, respectively. The preteen bands' fans (their parents and group of friends) sadly made up most of the crowd. Hardtop and Kataklysm thankfully made up for the ear fucking torture. I also got in for free, which is always a plus.

As I Slither
In Shadows & Dust
Push The Venom
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Prevail
Ambassador Of Pain
Determined (Vows Of Vengeance)
The Resurrected
Where The Enemy Sleeps
Numb And Intoxicated
Chains Of Power
Crippled & Broken

They were full of energy and kept my head banging for the entire set. One of the funnest live bands I've ever seen, and will definitely see them next time they come through.

I suck at writing reviews, so all I gotta say is that if you have a chance to, go see this fucking band. My friend J.T.'s new favorite death metal band is now Kataklysm.

GameFreac
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
They should always close with In Shadows and Dust. Always.

Fires Of Sedition
09-07-2010, 11:56 PM
They should always close with In Shadows and Dust. Always.

Eh, I like Crippled & Broken better

DigMySpanky
09-09-2010, 10:37 AM
and no drummer.

:wtf:

Fires Of Sedition
09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
:wtf:

They had their barely audible drum tracks playing over the PA