PDA

View Full Version : New Deathspell Omega album - Paracletus (November 9th)

SplinterMech
09-03-2010, 03:44 PM
From the Season of Mist website:

Season of Mist is proud to welcome kult French black metallers DEATHSPELL OMEGA to the North American roster! On next November 9, the mysterious, meta-physical, black metal omega lords will unleash their fifth album, "Paracletus".

Initially emitting raw, traditional black metal, this enigmatic entity experimented and evolved into a more technical, eviscerating evil. Outside of the music, very little is known about its member's beliefs and ideology. What is certain however is the return of the most revered kult band in the world!

More details on the album soon ...

http://www.season-of-mist.com/news/detail/deathspell-omega-2010-09-02

Chaining the Katechon was fucking amazing, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

idrinkwine732
09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
:D

ShatteredFlame
09-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Finally an album to look forward to this year.

mankvill
09-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Awesome shit.

idrinkwine732
09-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Finally an album to look forward to this year.

You are a confused, confused man.

SplinterMech
09-05-2010, 03:06 PM
From Norma Evangelium Diaboli:

http://www.noevdia.com/images/enter/2010Paracletus.jpg

Paracletus, the last record of the trilogy, will be released November 8th in Europe.

ShatteredFlame
09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
You are a confused, confused man.
nah everything I was interested in got pushed to 2011 but I expected that anyway.

There is still Autopsy, Primordial and Kylesa. I'm not expecting Athiest to be anything great tbh. Hopefully Hail of Bullets is good but the first album wasn't. There is nothing else really. But 2011 seems like a beast of a year.

mankvill
09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I really like DSO's later stuff, but I think their earlier stuff is some of the best black metal ever. I think I like latter Mutiilation more than DSO.

SplinterMech
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
nah everything I was interested in got pushed to 2011 but I expected that anyway.

There is still Autopsy, Primordial and Kylesa. I'm not expecting Athiest to be anything great tbh. Hopefully Hail of Bullets is good but the first album wasn't. There is nothing else really. But 2011 seems like a beast of a year.

The new Primordial album was actually pushed back to 2011.

This and Shining VII are all I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year, pretty much.

ShatteredFlame
09-05-2010, 07:41 PM
The new Primordial album was actually pushed back to 2011.

This and Shining VII are all I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year, pretty much.
Figured, I'm also actually expecting Shining to get pushed back.

SplinterMech
09-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Figured, I'm also actually expecting Shining to get pushed back.

I remember it was supposed to come out back in March/April and then there was no word on it for the longest time. According to a new interview I just heard with Kvarforth, they're planning a November release... but I'll believe it when it actually fucking happens.

Kvarforth also mentioned in that interview that they're already working on Shining VIII, and that they plan on re-recording the first album with a guest vocalist on each track. Guest vocalists planned as of right now: Attila, Maniac, Erik Danielsson, Jimmy Bergsten (Red Harvest), and Marko Laiho (Beherit).