PDA

View Full Version : Dimmu Borgir / Enslaved / Blood Red Throne / Dawn of Ashes tour dates

Derelict
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Nov. 05 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Nov. 06 - Northern Lights - Albany, NY
Nov. 07 - Recher Theater - Towson, MD
Nov. 08 - Terminal 5 - New York, NY
Nov. 10 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
Nov. 12 - Mr. Smalls - Pittsburgh, PA
Nov. 13 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Detroit, MI
Nov. 14 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
Nov. 15 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
Nov. 16 - Cabooze - Minneapolis, MN
Nov. 18 - MacEwan Ballroom - Calgary, AB - CANADA
Nov. 19 - Edmonton Events Center - Edmonton, AB - CANADA
Nov. 21 - Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, B.C. - CANADA
Nov. 22 - The Knitting Factory - Spokane, WA
Nov. 23 - Roseland Theatre - Portland, OR
Nov. 24 - Showbox SoDo - Seattle, WA
Nov. 26 - The Knitting Factory - Reno, NV
Nov. 27 - The Fox Theater - Pomona, CA
Nov. 28 - The Regency Grand Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
Nov. 30 - House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
Dec. 01 - Rialto Theater - Tucson, AZ
Dec. 02 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
Dec. 03 - Sunshine Theatre - Albuquerque, NM
Dec. 04 - Gothic Theater - Englewood (Denver), CO
Dec. 06 - House of Blues - Dallas, TX
Dec. 07 - House of Blues - Houston, TX
Dec. 09 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH
Dec. 10 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Dec. 11 - Town Ballroom - Buffalo, NY
Dec. 12 - Sound Academy - Toronto, ON - Canada
Dec. 13 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - Canada
Dec. 14 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC - Canada

I couldn't care less for dimmu anymore, but it will be nice to see enslaved again.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145507

girnny777
09-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Hell yes Enslaved!

Derelict
09-03-2010, 01:16 PM
They are playing pittsburgh just for you, daimonos

JuuKun
09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Nov. 05 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA

Ohmygodyes. ENSLAVED!!!

It's the same date as Nile in Providence, but I want to see Enslaved way more than anybody on the Nile bill. We'll see what happens, though. If I have the money, the doors for the Nile show aren't even until 8, and with six bands playing, I might be able to leave after Enslaved and make it to Providence in time to atleast catch Nile. But it's more likely that if I'm already in Worcester I'll just stick around and watch Dimmu. They were pretty good when I saw them a few years back.

xStructualDefect
09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
does anyone know where to start for Dimmu Borgir? from what i've heard before i liked but i don't know where to start since they have so much material.

the chewbacca defense
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
does anyone know where to start for Dimmu Borgir? from what i've heard before i liked but i don't know where to start since they have so much material.

i would start w Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and go from there

Derelict
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM

I've kinda gotten out of them, but my two faves were Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. Stormblast is pretty good too.

JuuKun
09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm not really into them anymore either, but if you're going to check them out, check out Stormblast or Enthrone Darkness Triumphant.

Knowing that they're going to be in the area, wish that Snowy Shaw had stayed as a member for, y'know, longer than a day. Would have been loved to hear him doing clean vocals for them live.

Jochen
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
This is good news, I don't like Dimmu Borgir, but I've been getting into Enslaved and think they're great.

kommie
09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Demon Burger!

BloodoftheKings
09-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Nov. 08 - Terminal 5 - New York, NY

Weeknight :mad::bouville::bawling:

Dissimulate
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Enslaved and Blood Red Throne? Holy motherfucking shit I am there. This totally makes up for not getting a Suffo date.

EDIT:Also on a Friday. Win.

Travis The Dragon
09-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Nov. 16 - Cabooze - Minneapolis, MN :party: :rocker: :party: :rocker:

ShatteredFlame
09-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Eh, Enslaved sounded pretty terrible when I saw them with Opeth and now they are playing at Terminal 5, which has a horrible sound system. Dimmu is a joke. I'm surprised all these bands can actually fund Terminal 5.

the chewbacca defense
09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
with this tour doing the larger clubs, i'm actually surprised its at Recher, since that place has a 750 max capacity (when the electric factory can hold over 2000 people

Travis The Dragon
09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Eh, Enslaved sounded pretty terrible when I saw them with Opeth and now they are playing at Terminal 5, which has a horrible sound system. Dimmu is a joke. I'm surprised all these bands can actually fund Terminal 5.

Why do you feel Dimmu is a joke? I've seen them twice and they were SUPER AMAZING.

mankvill
09-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I saw Dimmu on Blackest Of The Black in 2008 on Halloween (they played without makeup) and they were alright. Pretty entertaining at first, but got kinda boring.

bt11763
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I saw Dimmu on Blackest Of The Black in 2008 on Halloween (they played without makeup) and they were alright. Pretty entertaining at first, but got kinda boring.

yeah i'm not really a fan. i'd watch them on a support but i'll skip this especially since i'm still masturbating to THE BLACKEST OF THE BLACK LINEUP THIS YEAR OH MY FUCKING GOD

ShatteredFlame
09-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Why do you feel Dimmu is a joke? I've seen them twice and they were SUPER AMAZING.

I've never seen the live but on CD they are pretty awful.

Travis The Dragon
09-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I've never seen the live but on CD they are pretty awful.

I think their music on CD is also VERY AMAZING. To each their own. :)

daimonos
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
They are playing pittsburgh just for you, daimonos

Yes!

Like you said, I couldn't care less about Dimmu anymore, but I want to see Enslaved again so fucking bad. I'll probably stay for them though. It'll definitely be a good time. Gotta check out Blood Red Throne.

Derelict
09-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes!

Like you said, I couldn't care less about Dimmu anymore, but I want to see Enslaved again so fucking bad. I'll probably stay for them though. It'll definitely be a good time. Gotta check out Blood Red Throne.

Exactly - ill stay and watch dimmu for nostalgia value, but I'm mainly going for enslaved. This is a pretty ambitious tour, playing a lot of cities, and the venues i know are pretty good sized

daimonos
09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Exactly - ill stay and watch dimmu for nostalgia value, but I'm mainly going for enslaved. This is a pretty ambitious tour, playing a lot of cities, and the venues i know are pretty good sized

Yup. 45 minutes for Enslaved is all I'm asking for and I'll be happy. Dimmu better not fuck them over :lol:

Dissimulate
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
At the venue this is playing at, the under 18s are fenced off to the side by a barrier about a 110 degree angle from the edge of the stage, cutting us off from the main crowd and making it hard to see the band. However, there is only one security guard on the passage to the floor, and it is easy to sneak past them. I'm definitely sneaking onto the floor for Dimmu, as I don't care if I get kicked out then, or maybe before BRT. The trick is to wait for when people come off the floor after the band goes off and just run past.

MPF
09-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Nov. 16 - Cabooze - Minneapolis, MN :party: :rocker: :party: :rocker:

Such an odd place to have Dimmu Borgir. No doubt it will be a badass show, just very strange it is there.

bt11763
09-03-2010, 11:05 PM
At the venue this is playing at, the under 18s are fenced off to the side by a barrier about a 110 degree angle from the edge of the stage, cutting us off from the main crowd and making it hard to see the band.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

that's fucking DUMB.

Northern_Shaman
09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Really thinking about going to this. Never been a big Dimmu fan, but I'd love to see Enslaved live. I've heard great things about Blood Red Throne as well. If the admission price is suitable for someone who's really only there for Enslaved, I'll go.

Travis The Dragon
09-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Such an odd place to have Dimmu Borgir. No doubt it will be a badass show, just very strange it is there.

Ya, with Myth and The Rock closed, more metal shows are starting to be booked there. I saw As I Lay Dying twice there and it's not too bad. Except for the fact that there's no security by the stage so there's nonstop stage diving which messed up the sound on both AILD shows.

Dissimulate
09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Have they announced who is replacing the guy from Therion on bass/vocals?