Born of Fire
Seasons in the Abyss
Encore:
South of Heaven
Raining Blood:rockdevil:rockdevil
Aggressive Perfector
:rockdevil:rockdevil
Angel of Death:rocker::rocker:

First time seeing Slayer....FUCKING insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never head banged so hard in my life during Raining Blood. Seriously was dizzy after the beginning riff. They went straight into Aggressive Perfector...fucking crazy. First time seeing Angel of Death was godly!!!

idrinkwine732
08-31-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm leaving in about an hour, quite excited.

elturtleboy
08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Seriously my best show of the year. I got balcony tickets which sucked ass. So I enjoyed from there Testament. They were ok but im just saying that cause i was fuckin far. Me,Rjturtle,MetalheadAndrew,and friends snuck down to the pit right when Megadeth started. They were fuckin amazing.:rocker:No injuries this time for RJTurtle!Towards the end I got to the front. So I was infront the whole fuckin time for Slayer. Great fuckin show. And I did get wet when Vic Rattlehead came out. Bootleg shirts were cool. They had 3 diffrent ones.

1.World Painted Blood artwork thats says-2010 Tour. Back has American Carnage tour flyer with the seasons/RIP artwork and of coarse the testament logo with dates.

2.A bloody slayer logo with bloody hand print. Back had members all zombiefied and it had writing. Not sure tour dates?

3.A badass one that had Slayer's skull army guy and right under it it said Megadeth. Didnt see the back. I would've totally gotten it but i ended up getting shirt 1 first.:(

The greatest show Ive ever been too,and thanks to RJT's evil mastermind i got to enjoy it on the floor.:dfork:

Dominicus 1988
08-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Wait you know Andrew too? Hes the man

elturtleboy
08-31-2010, 04:43 PM
EVERYONE knows and loves the guy

Dominicus 1988
08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah good point right there. He is a cool ass dude. He does know a lot of people...but he also has a lot of damn haters for dumb shit. :confused:

rjturtle9
08-31-2010, 04:59 PM
but he also has a lot of damn haters for dumb shit. :confused:

Please explain...

As for the show, God damn! I finally saw a full Megadeth show without any mishaps. Truly a great show, especially since I ended up in the floor without GA tickets. And watching my girlfriend headbang and sing South of Heaven was a great moment too. She's learning so quick :D

christopher
08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Awesome show!! Did anyone see the guy in the pit who was being pushed around in a wheelchair? That was fucking awesome haha. Only down side for Megadeth's set was Dave's vocals. I couldn't hear it too good and it often seemed muffled, but everything else sounded great. Slayer kicked ass. I was excited to see Aggressive Perfector. Jumped into the pit right when they started AP and was let down when people were going at a mid tempo speed and not too crazy. I wanted the pit to get crazier, so I went at full speed, pushing people over to get them to get more into it, but that didn't work too well :mad:

elturtleboy
08-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Awesome show!! Did anyone see the guy in the pit who was being pushed around in a wheelchair? That was fucking awesome haha. Only down side for Megadeth's set was Dave's vocals. I couldn't hear it too good and it often seemed muffled, but everything else sounded great. Slayer kicked ass. I was excited to see Aggressive Perfector. Jumped into the pit right when they started AP and was let down when people were going at a mid tempo speed and not too crazy. I wanted the pit to get crazier, so I went at full speed, pushing people over to get them to get more into it, but that didn't work too well :mad:

That wheelchair guy was in every pit huh?

christopher
08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
That wheelchair guy was in every pit huh?

Not sure, only stayed in the pit for Megadeth during Holy Ways, Hang 18, and Take No Prisoners, and thats the only time I saw him.

davidis138
09-01-2010, 01:35 AM
I liked that the backing vocals for Megadeth were like extra turned up, it really added to the songs. Tom did the scream to Angel of Death :party:

marker
09-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Great show,too bad we missed Testament.Slayer sounded much better than Megadeth,and I'm not just talking vocals.

rjturtle9
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Anybody have a picture of Dave Mustaine wearing a Metallica shirt during the encore?

JRA
09-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah good point right there. He is a cool ass dude. He does know a lot of people...but he also has a lot of damn haters for dumb shit. :confused:

He has haters because I fucking see his name in my facebook news feed from interviews with other bands I like!

DAMN YOU ANDREW!! :mad:

elturtleboy
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Anybody have a picture of Dave Mustaine wearing a Metallica shirt during the encore?

i didnt notice!:wtf:

andrew_metalhead
09-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Wait you know Andrew too? Hes the man

EVERYONE knows and loves the guy

Thank you!! :) Love you too.

Please explain...

As for the show, God damn! I finally saw a full Megadeth show without any mishaps. Truly a great show, especially since I ended up in the floor without GA tickets. And watching my girlfriend headbang and sing South of Heaven was a great moment too. She's learning so quick :D

Glad you made it onto the floor .. because I never saw you after I sneaked in so I wasn't sure if you couldn't make it in or decided to go back to the seats. Thanks a million for getting me on to the floor. It really made my night. I simply can't imagine being in a seat for Megadeth and Slayer. But I really enjoyed Testament from the seat I had, first row of the 116 section.

I'm glad you finally got to enjoy a full Megadeth set. Let's do this at the Gibson too :rocker::rocker:

Anyone interested in my long-ass review, interview and my photographer's pics can go here: http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews/083010_American_Carnage.php

P.S. Still searching for that pic of Mustaine wearing the Metallica shirt. Damn .. why didn't I sneak in my camera when I could sneak my whole body into the pit!

Dominicus 1988
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I didn't notice that he had a Metallica shirt I must see a picture now.

rjturtle9
09-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm glad you finally got to enjoy a full Megadeth set. Let's do this at the Gibson too :rocker::rocker:

Ehh, ima stay in my seat for that one. I don't know any plan for that venue, plus I really want to bootleg it...

andrew_metalhead
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Ehh, ima stay in my seat for that one. I don't know any plan for that venue, plus I really want to bootleg it...

They give out wrist bands there too. I was in that pit for Priest last year.

I'll think of how to get into the pit. Jennifer might be the one to help me for that one. She did it for Priest.

rjturtle9
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
They give out wrist bands there too. I was in that pit for Priest last year.

I'll think of how to get into the pit. Jennifer might be the one to help me for that one. She did it for Priest.

Good luck with that then.

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
With June 6th coming up tomorrow I felt like I needed to re-bump an old thread....

Man, I will cherish this concert for the rest of my life. Hands down, one of the best shows I have ever had the pleasure of attending. It was awesome being in the front rail right next to jeff hanneman for the first seven songs of the set. I ended up bouncing out of the front rail during the middle of "expendable youth" because it got way too fucking intense for me. I ended up chilling for the remainder of the show a couple of feet away from the rail, but still having a smashing good time.

With the recent passing of Jeff Hanneman it makes me have a new found love and appreciation for this epic concert. I had one of the best times ever and Slayer blew me away with their performance of my favorite Slayer record.

Seasons in the abyss was my first "old school" Slayer album and it ended up being my all time favorite from the band. It was such a treat to hear my favorite slayer album be performed right in front of my very own eyes. Tom, kerry,dave, and ESPECIALLY JEFF brought it to the fucking table. I remember jeffs guitar being omega loud and a bizzlian times louder than kerrys. It was awesome..

August 30th 2010 at the Long Beach Arena will always stay forever intact in my memory bank till the day i collapse and die. :hmm:

I will cherish this show for the rest of my life. :hmm:

R.I.P Jeff

r.i.p. slayer.

A2PNYxvJrx4
God damn i love how loud jeffs guitar is in this video. I'm very happy I was apart of this incredible show.

happy national slayer day. we love you jeff..

:hmm:

DisposableJustice
06-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Amen bro, I saw that tour in Denver and it was the first time I saw Slayer; Testament and Megadeth were good but Slayer brought the house down

Seasons is also my favorite album and I shit my pants when I heard it would be played in full (Having Megadeth play Rust in Peace, my favorite album from them was icing on the cake)

I was on Jeff's side of the show and the sound was great it was pure ecstasy for not only to hear the classics off Seasons- War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask and the Title track, hearing those other songs that were rarely played like Expendable Youth, Blood Red, Spirit in Black and Skeletons of Society was awesome.

In 2011 I had a blast at the Big 4 in Indio, CA. I thought Slayer owned the night, but it didn't feel the same without Jeff up there. Gary did a great job filling in, no way am I dissing on him, but it wasn't quite the same. Then Jeff came up for the last two songs and I remember the place went nuts when they saw him up there (Do you remember I texted you that and you were like "WTF are you talking about). Even though Jeff couldn't really play because of his arm it was inspiring to see him get up there and try. That will be my lasting memory of Jeff, fighting through pain (I have to image) to play for the fans

RIP Jeff, and happy international Slayer day

Also- I got my Jeff shirt in the mail today:rocker:

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 11:18 PM
(Do you remember I texted you that and you were like "WTF are you talking about)

ahahah yeah i remember that perfectly. It's too bad i didn't actually see him on stage or had any clue that he was on stage performing, but at least it feels good to know that I went nuts in the pit while he was on stage performing the last two songs of the set. It was great meeting you at the Big Four and i'm glad we both got to witness jeff hannemans last performance with slayer. I'm even more happy that I got to witness Jeff Hannneman on his last REAL tour with slayer during the American Carnage tour. I will never forget both of these shows for as long as I live :hmm:

Christen
06-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Man, I still regret not making the trip to Edmonton during the Canadian Carnage leg of the tour.

300%_Density
06-07-2013, 08:35 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/41179_1302564779220_7270138_n.jpg

And this is how I will remember him as well. I took this at the KC show that Manky was at as well.

DisposableJustice
06-07-2013, 09:05 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/41179_1302564779220_7270138_n.jpg

And this is how I will remember him as well. I took this at the KC show that Manky was at as well.

:rocker:

Awesome pic!

300%_Density
06-07-2013, 09:07 AM
:rocker:

Awesome pic!

Only non-baseball player I know of that can make shin guards still look cool.

elturtleboy
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Ahh this day was great:rocker: