----
The number of the Beast
Hallowed be the Name
Running Free

Photos from the show:

http://www.metalsymphony.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5004

PlaysWithKnives
08-31-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm curious as to why they aren't doing more from TFF, now that its finally out.

Sanitarium78
08-31-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm curious as to why they aren't doing more from TFF, now that its finally out.

I think it's because they haven't had time during this tour to really reherse anything new yet. Maiden is very lazy when it comes to their sets and they usually don't switch anything up until the particular leg they are on has ended. That's why they do garbage like Wrathchild all the time instead of a song that's actually good. Seriously, they can give Iron Maiden and FOTD a break anytime now in favor of doing something off of POM, PS, SIT or SSOASS. If you drop IM you can just have Eddie come out during the jam in HBTN instead.

Whenever the 'official' tour begins to support the album there will be more since they'll have time to reherse everything. That's why I don't like tours that happen before an album comes out. Especially for a band like Maiden who doesn't change their set. It handcuffs the band in terms of what they are prepared to play off the new album if it comes out in the middle of the tour.

Derelict
08-31-2010, 08:05 AM

Prob cause they are playing the whole thing on the next tour, if I had to guess

maidenpriest
08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
according to Janick theyre not playing the entire album, but theyll probably do at least half like they normally do for a new album

TonyD
08-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Prob cause they are playing the whole thing on the next tour, if I had to guess

:lol:

BlackmoreOfBowling
08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
That's why they do garbage like Wrathchild all the time instead of a song that's actually good

A hearty 'laugh out loud' at their fastest/breakthrough song being categorized as 'garbage'.

Indestructible
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
A hearty 'laugh out loud' at their fastest/breakthrough song being categorized as 'garbage'.

I thought either number of the beast or run to the hills was maidens breakthrough.

The Ancient Mariner
08-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Seriously, they can give Iron Maiden a break anytime.

Never, ever gonna happen ... I think we all know that ;)

Sanitarium78
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM

Regardless of weather or not it's their fastest breakthrough song doesn't change the fact the song is just not very good at all.

Also where exactly are you getting that from? Wrathchild was never a hit for them, at least in the US and I don't believe it was even released as a single. Run To The Hills and Number Of The Beast were the bands breakthrough songs.

devilball
08-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Wrathchild was released as a double A-side with Twilight Zone, in the UK at least....Still overplayed though....

PowerMaiden
08-31-2010, 02:21 PM
:tp:

they never will drop the song Iron Maiden, you have to be really ignorant to suggest a thing like that. That's their anthem song at the end of the show where Eddie comes out. It's been like that for 30 fucking years

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM

they never will drop the song Iron Maiden, you have to be really ignorant to suggest a thing like that. That's their anthem song at the end of the show where Eddie comes out. It's been like that for 30 fucking years

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I'm assuming they've played that song at EVERY Iron Maiden concert. Just think about how many times Steve Harris has played it. :lol:

Sanitarium78
08-31-2010, 03:20 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

While i'm not at the same level of Maiden fandom as you and some others on here, i'm hardly ignorant about them at all. I have all their live albums and several live bootlegs so I know the song is played all the time. I know they will more than likely never drop it. I was merely suggesting that in the middle part of HBTN when Dickinson says "scream for me" you can have Eddie come out there as something different. I mean the band has to be bored to death with that song by now, right?

The way I see it is if setlist staples like TNOTB, Trooper, 2MTM and TETMD can be left out of the set on some tours then there's no reason why they can't get rid of IM for a tour. It honestly wouldn't be a big deal to me.

Before the tour for AMOLAD would it have been ignorant for anyone to suggest that they drop TNOTB that tour? That's the first tour I know of that they did that. You never know when a band might just want a break from that same old song they've been doing.

Nick_to_the_face
08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
ya know, im not one for generic setlists or anything, but the fact that they arent playing the trooper is surprising....

Sanitarium78
08-31-2010, 04:49 PM
ya know, im not one for generic setlists or anything, but the fact that they arent playing the trooper is surprising....

That's the way the sets been all summer. I don't mind them dropping The Trooper, ever band needs a break from some songs every now and then. I'm more surprised that there's nothing off POM at all. With dropping The Trooper they should at least have given us Where Eagles Dare or Die With Your Boots On in exchange:rocker:

Nick_to_the_face
08-31-2010, 08:35 PM
That's the way the sets been all summer. I don't mind them dropping The Trooper, ever band needs a break from some songs every now and then. I'm more surprised that there's nothing off POM at all. With dropping The Trooper they should at least have given us Where Eagles Dare or Die With Your Boots On in exchange:rocker:

That would be fucking great, but i would be fine with just seeing them live period haha. never seen them

makethemsuffer12
08-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Wrathchild is awesome, fuck the haters.

PowerMaiden
09-01-2010, 03:57 AM
they should at least have given us Where Eagles Dare or Die With Your Boots On in exchange:rocker:

that's more like it ! :horns:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JLRedWing13
09-03-2010, 07:43 PM
They will make up for what they didn't play next time. No worries.

mankvill
09-03-2010, 07:47 PM
that's more like it ! :horns:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I AIN'T NO GODDAMN SON OF A BITCH