PDA

View Full Version : Rank your favorite Death albums

larvtard
08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
I figured this would be a fun debate, as every Death album is amazing. Sure, there's some albums I don't like, but for every one I don't like, there's thousands of people who love it. Point is: Death does not have a "bad album."

Anyways...

1. Symbolic
2. Scream Bloody Gore
3. Leprosy
4. Human
5. Sound of Perseverance
6. Spiritual Healing
7. Individual Thought Patterns

Spiritual Healing has the potential to replace Sound of Perseverance. I just haven't listened to Spiritual enough. Or maybe I have, and there just aren't any memorable songs... hmmm....

JRA
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Ahem...

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11627&highlight=death+albums

mankvill
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I honestly think we have the same ranking! :lol:

larvtard
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Ahem...

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11627&highlight=death+albums

sorry, I searched for it and I couldn't find it though.

@ Mankvill
You and I have the same ranking? Awesome dude :horns:

JRA
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Looking back on mine, I'd swap ITP with Spiritual Healing. ITP has more choice songs from it. Come to think of it, Leprosy does too. :eyes:

Wizzbang11
08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
I realize I will probably get shit for this, but I prefer everything by Autopsy and the first few Massacre releases to Death's discography :eyes:

mankvill
08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
sorry, I searched for it and I couldn't find it though.

@ Mankvill
You and I have the same ranking? Awesome dude :horns:

:party:

Death's worst album is better than a lot of band's awesome albums.

larvtard
08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
:party:

Death's worst album is better than a lot of band's awesome albums.

True that.

treghet
08-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Every Death album is awesome, and that is a fact. ;)

Leprosy
Symbolic
Scream Bloody Gore
Human
Spiritual Healing
Individual Thought Patterns
The Sound of Perseverance

Something along those lines. Also, those are just my favorites. I think the Symbolic is their best in terms of creativity.

daimonos
08-30-2010, 07:18 PM
1. Symbolic
2. The Sound of Perseverance
3. Individual Thought Patterns
4. Scream Bloody Gore
5. Leprosy

Haven't heard Human or Spiritual Healing.

JRA
08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Haven't heard Human

Get it. Now.

idrinkwine732
08-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Haven't heard Human or Spiritual Healing.

:lol::lol:

...you're kidding, right?

Crionics
08-31-2010, 06:15 AM
One of my favorite bands, all 7 albums are fantastic.

1. Individual Thought Patterns
2. Scream Bloody Gore
3. The Sound of Perseverance
4. Spiritual Healing
5. Symbolic
6. Human
7. Leprosy

Crap I feel bad for putting Leprosy as last..their all too good.

daimonos
08-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Get it. Now.

:lol::lol:

...you're kidding, right?

If I were ever to see either of them in a record store, I would have an "Oh shit! I'm buying that right this second!" reaction.

Sadly, that has never happened though :(

treghet
08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
If I were ever to see either of them in a record store, I would have an "Oh shit! I'm buying that right this second!" reaction.

Sadly, that has never happened though :(

That's why we have the internet. ;)

daimonos
08-31-2010, 01:29 PM
That's why we have the internet. ;)

I've never really downloaded that much stuff. I like to buy CD's, I'm somewhat of a collector, I guess. One wierd thing I've noticed is that whenever a friend uploads a CD onto my computer or burns me something, or on the rare occasion that I do download something, it doesn't get the attention it needs for me to like the album, and I eventually forget about it because I'm too busy listening to the albums that I paid for.

JRA
08-31-2010, 02:21 PM
For the longest time Tracks always seemed to have a copy of Human. Even after I got it it was there for a while. Also, by internet I think he meant Amazon.

Derelict
08-31-2010, 02:27 PM
For the longest time Tracks always seemed to have a copy of Human. Even after I got it it was there for a while. Also, by internet I think he meant Amazon.

or ebay

treghet
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
I've never really downloaded that much stuff. I like to buy CD's, I'm somewhat of a collector, I guess. One wierd thing I've noticed is that whenever a friend uploads a CD onto my computer or burns me something, or on the rare occasion that I do download something, it doesn't get the attention it needs for me to like the album, and I eventually forget about it because I'm too busy listening to the albums that I paid for.

JRA and Derelict are right, I didn't mean download. There are plenty of great places online for finding metal CDs. :)

daimonos
08-31-2010, 03:35 PM
JRA and Derelict are right, I didn't mean download. There are plenty of great places online for finding metal CDs. :)

Oh yeah, definitely. I only rarely order CD's. I've been trying to pick out a decent amount of albums that I could find somewhere for really cheap, but I keep on putting it off :lol:

rjturtle9
08-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Lemme take a wack at this.

1. The Sound Of Perseverance
2. Symbolic
3. Scream Bloody Gore
4. Spiritual Healing
5. Leprosy

I have Individual Thought Patterns and Human on my Itunes at the moment but I never gave them a listen. Should get around to that...

elturtleboy
09-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry i took so long to do this,ive been listening to all the albums again so I can do this. Well Here it goes.

1.Symbolic
2.Human
3.Spiritual Healing
4.Scream Bloody Gore
5.Individual Thought Patterns
6.The Sound Of Perseverance
7.Leprosy

Theres very few bands that I can say never made a bad album but DEATH is the only band everyone will agree with.

larvtard
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry i took so long to do this,ive been listening to all the albums again so I can do this. Well Here it goes.

1.Symbolic
2.Human
3.Spiritual Healing
4.Scream Bloody Gore
5.Individual Thought Patterns
6.The Sound Of Perseverance
7.Leprosy

Theres very few bands that I can say never made a bad album but DEATH is the only band everyone will agree with.

That's dedication haha. And yeah, not much discussion going on here. Shitty thread I guess.

Nice list though, but Leprosy at last???

illuminatus917
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Every Death album is awesome, and that is a fact. ;)

Individual Thought Patterns
Human
Leprosy
Spiritual Healing
Symbolic
Scream Bloody Gore
The Sound of Perseverance

Something along those lines. Also, those are just my favorites. I think the Symbolic is their best in terms of creativity.

That ranking is fucked up dude.

I think it has to be:
1. Scream Bloody Gore
2. Symbolic
3. Human
4. Sound Of Perseverance
5. Leprosy
6. Spiritual Healing

I'm actually more fond of Symbolic than Scream Bloody Gore. Scream Bloody Gore simply takes my #1 spot due to its pioneering of extreme metal.

elturtleboy
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
That's dedication haha. And yeah, not much discussion going on here. Shitty thread I guess.

Nice list though, but Leprosy at last???

Thanks. Like the other guy said Leprosy is a really great album(and i think the one with the best artwork).But IDK! Theres no such thing as a bad Death album.

treghet
09-22-2010, 06:59 PM
That ranking is fucked up dude.

I was ranking my personal favorites, not ones I thought were the best. There's a difference. Leprosy would be their worst album in my opinion (mainly because of the drumming), but I really enjoy it.

idrinkwine732
09-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I think it has to be:
1. Scream Bloody Gore
2. Symbolic
3. Human
4. Sound Of Perseverance
5. Leprosy
6. Spiritual Healing

daaaaaaammmnnn close, but I like Sound of Perseverance more than Human.

Indestructible
09-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I cant rank the death albums cause I dont know any. Any Death suggjestions. Does anyone here think I will like the band.

illuminatus917
09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I cant rank the death albums cause I dont know any. Any Death suggjestions. Does anyone here think I will like the band.

If you like thrash, go for Symbolic. If you like death (metal), and want to hear what it sounded like in the beginning, go for Scream Bloody Gore.

Well, Symbolic has a cleaner, more polished, "thrashy" tone, but it's still considered death metal I suppose.

idrinkwine732
09-22-2010, 09:13 PM

I hope this can help you bridge into some more death metal stuff. You'll like Symbolic the most, I believe.

JLRedWing13
09-23-2010, 11:10 AM
1. Symbolic
2. Sound of Perseverance
3. Human
4. Scream Bloody Gore
5. Individual Thought Patterns
6. Leprosy
7. Spiritual Healing

I love all of them, damn this was hard. The first four albums on this list are so close in my mind.

Fires Of Sedition
09-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I've been thinking about this randomly at work and I'm pretty sure I'm close to finally coming up with my ranking.

Fires Of Sedition
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
1. Symbolic
2. The Sound Of Perseverance
3. Individual Thought Patterns
4. Human
5. Scream Bloody Gore
6. Spiritual Healing
7. Leprosy