1995-07-16

1. Intro
2. The oath
3. Nightmare be thy name
4. The bell witch
5. Curse of the pharaoes
6. Black funeral :rocker:
7. A dangerous meeting
8. The mad arab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZfK5ar7yRc)
9. Is that you Melissa :rocker:
10. Doomed by the living dead :rocker:
11. Moby Dick
12. Egypt
13. My demon
14. Satans fall
15. Come to the sabbath
16. Evil

You really cant compete with this. My first time seeing Mercyful and the almighty King, and the night lives with me still. Granted, Time wasnt their best effort, and I could have lived without the Moby dick-cover. Still, you CAN NOT compete with this setlist and this band at this point in time. The previous album (In the shadows) is as classic as the old ones, and at this gig Michael Denner was still in the band. The Denner/Shermann-twinlead has always been as important to me as the Murray/Smith-twinlead in Maiden. Theres something magic about those pairs playing together.

And King. My own danish demon.

Ive seen MF three more times after this (setlists can posted at requests) and Ive seen King solo 4 times aswell. Ive never been disappointed, and Ive always left with a hope that I will see them again.

18 is 9.

Sanitarium78
08-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Solid set from them. I have yet to see King Diamond live at all:mad: The guy just never seems to come around my area at all since I became a fan of his in the mid 90s.

Anyone heard any updates from King lately? I know he had his issues with his back but I don't know if it's gotten better for him or not. I hope he has it in him to do one more tour. I'll understand if he doesn't though, I have a herniated disc in my back to and it's not fun to deal with sometimes when you're doing physical stuff.

Nick_to_the_face
08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
I haven't seen him either really though, i just recently got into him last year with Mercyful Fate, and im lookin on his solo shit, i fuckin love. any recommendations????

Sanitarium78
08-31-2010, 05:57 PM
I haven't seen him either really though, i just recently got into him last year with Mercyful Fate, and im lookin on his solo shit, i fuckin love. any recommendations????

Start with 'Abigail' and 'Them'. If Abigail doesn't hook you on his solo work than nothing will. 'Conspiracy' is also pretty solid and continues the story that was on 'Them'.

The Graveyard, Voodoo and The Puppet Master are also very good. Especially The Puppet Master, the story on it is very cool but also quite demented as well:D

treghet
08-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Start with 'Abigail' and 'Them'. If Abigail doesn't hook you on his solo work than nothing will. 'Conspiracy' is also pretty solid and continues the story that was on 'Them'.

The Graveyard, Voodoo and The Puppet Master are also very good. Especially The Puppet Master, the story on it is very cool but also quite demented as well:D

"Them" was what got me hooked. :light:

Indestructible
08-31-2010, 06:45 PM
My first King albums were Abigal and The Puppet Master. The puppet master has always been my favorite out of everything he has done. How are his live shows they must be great to see.

Nick_to_the_face
08-31-2010, 09:32 PM

I've heard a few random songs here and there and I think they're fuckin fantastic, plus i know about some of the story lines, those are pretty badass. But ya i definitely will look that shit up, thanks man

daimonos
09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Abigail is definitely an awesome album. I liked Voodoo and House of God alot too.

Nick_to_the_face
09-02-2010, 10:37 AM
any albums i should stay away from?

Sanitarium78
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
any albums i should stay away from?

Just go with ones we've mentioned so far like Abigail and Them. Then you can work your way down from there. The only albums that King was off on were The Spiders Lullaby, House Of God (though the story is pretty awesome, the excution of it wasn't there for me) and his most recent Give Me Your Soul, I didn't find to be that great.

Other than that he stays true to his sound and is pretty consistant with writting good to great albums.