PDA

View Full Version : US Immortal tour

orlandodavis
08-27-2010, 03:03 PM
A US tour might be coming up. The owner of Jaxx on their website asked if anybody wanted to see Immortal:party:. Hopefully this will be a tour with lots of dates.

treghet
08-27-2010, 03:04 PM
YES PLEASE I NEED TO SEE IMMORTAL.

ChildrenofSodom
08-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Probably zero midwest dates (besides a possible Chicago, which I won't drive to).

idrinkwine732
08-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Want. Now. Go.

IrritatedTrout
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice, I hope Jaxx books them.

mankvill
08-27-2010, 03:21 PM
After their last "extensive" tour and recent shitty sets, I'm pretty much really angry at Immortal

treghet
08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
After their last "extensive" tour and recent shitty sets, I'm pretty much really angry at Immortal

Yeah, their sets have been sucking, but I've never seen them before... so I would go even if they played all of their worst material. I love Immortal. :drool:

bt11763
08-27-2010, 03:31 PM
YES PLEASE FUCK

makethemsuffer12
08-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I kinda wish I saw them in Toronto earlier this year. I barely know their stuff, but it still would've been awesome.

mankvill
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah, their sets have been sucking, but I've never seen them before... so I would go even if they played all of their worst material. I love Immortal. :drool:

Meh. I love Immortal, but I'm still angry. :bouville:

Sodom did the same thing, but at least they play awesome sets.

bt11763
08-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I kinda wish I saw them in Toronto earlier this year. I barely know their stuff, but it still would've been awesome.

Toronto? Bro they played in Brooklyn :confused:

i wish i had the money to go to that show :(

Derelict
08-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Saw them at Wacken 07, was fucking awesome

makethemsuffer12
08-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Toronto? Bro they played in Brooklyn :confused:

i wish i had the money to go to that show :(

I went to Toronto for spring break, and I arrived in the city the night they were playing.

Crionics
08-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I would go to the Jaxx for Immortal if it's in 2011 :drool:

bt11763
08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I went to Toronto for spring break, and I arrived in the city the night they were playing.

oh, gotcha

Northern_Shaman
08-27-2010, 07:14 PM
MIGHTY RAVENDARK LET IT BE TRUE!

Immortal seem to really enjoy playing Canadian dates on their other "tours", so here's hoping that they hit up Vancouver for the first time.

I don't care if they sit on stage playing gameboy colour with eachother for 90 minutes - I'm going.

treghet
08-27-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't care if they sit on stage playing gameboy colour with eachother for 90 minutes - I'm going.

The most metal Pokemon battle of all time.

JuuKun
08-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I saw a picture from behind Immortal at Hellfest this year, and I couldn't help but laugh...

http://www.bossarea.com/forum/uploaded/bossarea/Immortal_hellfest2.jpg

(Here's the stage from the front, btw: http://www.bossarea.com/forum/uploaded/bossarea/Immortal_hellfest2.jpg )

:lol:

I'd go see them if they came to Worcester, Boston, or Providence, but I wouldn't travel very far if they didn't.

NecroRob
08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
For the love of Satan this better be true :drool:

mankvill
09-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Any more news on this?

idrinkwine732
09-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Any more news on this?

I thought you were angry at them.

mankvill
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I thought you were angry at them.

I am!

But if they had awesome opening bands, maybe I'd go.

Fo' free, of course. ;)

AnglOvDeth
10-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Bump for news? Anything? Anyone?

idrinkwine732
11-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Bump for news? Anything? Anyone?

Looking like no news is bad news.

bt11763
11-16-2010, 10:41 PM
a friend of mine knows a bunch of bookers and promoters in my area, and he told me today that immortal will be playing gramercy theater in february, and that it should be announced soon :D

mankvill
11-16-2010, 10:50 PM
a friend of mine knows a bunch of bookers and promoters in my area, and he told me today that immortal will be playing gramercy theater in february, and that it should be announced soon :D

New York
Canada
Chicago
LA

idrinkwine732
11-16-2010, 10:54 PM
New York
Canada
Chicago
LA

I'd probably go to LA for that.

Northern_Shaman
11-16-2010, 10:55 PM
As long as that one goddamn Canadian date is FINALLY Vancouver... Ahaha. I can dream. Seriously though, my concert luck has been so fucking great lately.

>Way of getting to Ensiferum/Finntroll in Seattle opens up
>Eluveitie is playing Vancouver 2-3 days later
>Be all 'Damn, how is this going to work with school...?'
>Motherfucking reading break is moved to that week.

Needless to say, there'll probably be some major earthquake soon to destroy all of these hopes and dreams. Ah well, the anticipation was nice I suppose.

RAZOR
11-16-2010, 10:57 PM
New York
Canada
Chicago
LA

Pittsburgh? :D

mankvill
11-16-2010, 11:01 PM

NO!

RAZOR
11-16-2010, 11:03 PM
NO!

way to crush my hopes and dreams. :boohoo:

idrinkwine732
11-16-2010, 11:07 PM

Looks like you've met manks.

RAZOR
11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Looks like you've met manks.

I guess he's a notorious dream killer?

idrinkwine732
11-16-2010, 11:12 PM
I guess he's a notorious dream killer?

He was the one who told me that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real. Yes.

ravenheart
11-17-2010, 05:32 AM
First two dates:

February
19 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theater
20 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar

Derelict
11-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Wow, this might be an actual tour if they are hitting Baltimore

DethMaiden
11-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Complete dates:

Feb. 19 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theater
Feb. 20 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Feb. 21 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Small's Theatre
Feb. 22 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
Feb. 24 - Denver, CO - Summit Theatre
Feb. 26 - San Antonio, TX - Backstage Live

Derelict
11-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Complete dates:

Strange choice of cities for such a short tour, IMO

DethMaiden
11-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Strange choice of cities for such a short tour, IMO

Agreed. But Chicago is one of them, so I ain't complaining. :party:

treghet
11-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Please book more dates. :snivel:

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real

Wait, what?

http://www.seanlinman.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/wtf.jpg

YOU ARE THE REAL DREAM KILLER HERE!!!

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 08:44 AM

NO!

Complete dates:

FUCK YOU, MAKNVILL!!!

:party: :rocker: :party:

Shittsburgh is close enough for me, baby - plus I get to play poker afterwards. Nice! :fist:

DethMaiden
11-17-2010, 08:48 AM
FUCK YOU, MAKNVILL!!!

Shittsburgh is close enough for me, baby - plus I get to play poker afterwards. Nice! :fist:

Are you really going to be at Frankie's for Skeletontits on Saturday night? If so we gotta meet up, man, I'm making the trek alone.

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Are you really going to be at Frankie's for Skeletontits on Saturday night? If so we gotta meet up, man, I'm making the trek alone.I just realized that the show's this fucking Saturday. I gotta talk to the boss, but yeah - I hope I can make it. I'll keep ya posted.

DethMaiden
11-17-2010, 08:54 AM
I just realized that the show's this fucking Saturday. I gotta talk to the boss, but yeah - I hope I can make it. I'll keep ya posted.

:fist:

RAZOR
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
FUCK YOU, MAKNVILL!!!

lololol all the quotes. :lol:

Finntroll is playing in Cleveland the same night, ironically. Decision time. :c

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
lololol all the quotes. :lol:

Finntroll is playing in Cleveland the same night, ironically. Decision time. :c
Yeah, I just noticed that, too. Fuck. Ensiferum is the band I really want to see on that bill, but the decision is still a sucky one to have to make. I just hope I can make it to one show or the other, anyways. Either one would be cool in its own way.

bt11763
11-17-2010, 09:08 AM
with absu!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/11/immortal_absu_t.html

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 09:13 AM
with absu!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/11/immortal_absu_t.html

Whoa, the stakes just went up a notch...

Northern_Shaman
11-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Damn! Well, congrats to anyone who gets to see this hopefully awesome tour. I'll probably wind up having to see Immortal at a festival some day :(. The dates look pretty intensive for an Immortal tour though, usually there's like 3-4 days in between shows, and there's less than 5 of them. Here's to hoping for a full tour at last!

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 10:29 AM
I am going to be so fucking mad if they do an extensive tour and it doesn't come here.

maxpower
11-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Wow, Didn't expect SA to be the only texas date, but good for me :tongue:

daimonos
11-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Let me start off with the following statement:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IMMORTAL IS PLAYING IN PITTSBURGH!!!

Seriously the last thing I expected to see when I clicked on the Blabbermouth article. I seriously jumped out of my chair and ran around my house saying "Fuck yes".

Nat, you better get your ass to Pittsburgh that night. I'll be waiting.

EDIT: Tickets are $35, but I think that's well worth every damn penny.

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Nat, you better get your ass to Pittsburgh that night. I'll be waiting.I'm definitely thinking about it. Finntroll / Ensiferum / Rotten Sound / Barren Earth is also that night, so I have a tough decision to make.

Tickets are $35, but I think that's well worth every damn penny.Well now, that's not as obviously true for me as it is for you. I've not been a fan of Immortal for that long, but I would certainly like to see them. Absu is also a bonus. That ticket price is a bit up there, though (although not uncommon for Immortal, from what I've read). Plus, it'll cost me at least sixty bones just to get to Shittsburgh and back, so that's basically a cool hundred just to see Immortal. The other show I'm considering is local and $25 out the door, and doesn't have a two-hour drive at the end of it (remember this show is on a Monday night, and I work for a living, unlike some people! :D).

girnny777
11-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Tickets are $52.50 for the New York show.

Ha ha.

No.

Derelict
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM

Ha ha.

No.

Holy shit

PASS

moobys37
11-17-2010, 01:27 PM
FUCK YES!

Anyway, I'm so gonna be there. Nat, remember too you're probably going to get the chance to see Finntroll and Ensiferum again. You're probably not going to get another shot at seeing Immortal so close ever again.

daimonos
11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
FUCK YES!

Anyway, I'm so gonna be there. Nat, remember too you're probably going to get the chance to see Finntroll and Ensiferum again. You're probably not going to get another shot at seeing Immortal so close ever again.

How ridiculously fucking suprised were you to see Pittsburgh on that list?

moobys37
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
How ridiculously fucking suprised were you to see Pittsburgh on that list?

I was at work and got a text from my friend. My boss said he's never seen someone leap from their chair that fast. We are so fucking on the rail my friend.

bt11763
11-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Ha ha.

No.

:mad:

daimonos
11-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I was at work and got a text from my friend. My boss said he's never seen someone leap from their chair that fast. We are so fucking on the rail my friend.

Haha definitely :rocker:

BlackmoreOfBowling
11-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Definitely going for ABSU. Proscriptor>>>All. And to be quite honest, ABSU - S/T blew 'All Shall Fall' out of the water. It's going to be quite interesting to see ABSU show KISS how live black metal is done.

mankvill
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Congrats Pittsburgh. :D

But yeah, give me Absu any day of the week over Immortal. Here's hoping for an Absu date here in between Chicago and Colorado.

RAZOR
11-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I screamed pretty loud when I saw Pittsburgh on those dates, haha. Glad no one else was home at the time. :lol:

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 09:23 PM
I screamed pretty loud when I saw Pittsburgh on those dates, haha. Glad no one else was home at the time. :lol:

I don't like you anymore. I'm telling Haughm to cancel the East Coast Agalloch tour until Immortal gets their asses over here.

RAZOR
11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't like you anymore. I'm telling Haughm to cancel the East Coast Agalloch tour until Immortal gets their asses over here.

So you're gonna play the Agalloch card, eh? Jealousy's not a pretty color on you, Wine. :D

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't like you anymore. I'm telling Haughm to cancel the East Coast Agalloch tour until Immortal gets their asses over here.:nonono: You of all fucking people don't get to whine about not getting an awesome show near you. I mean, look at your fucking sig. You can just eat a big bag of shit, is what you can do. :finger:

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 09:45 PM
So you're gonna play the Agalloch card, eh? Jealousy's not a pretty color on you, Wine. :D

sooooo jealous

:nonono: You of all fucking people don't get to whine about not getting an awesome show near you. I mean, look at your fucking sig. You can just eat a big bag of shit, is what you can do. :finger:

But I like Immortal more than all of those bands except Agalloch... :boohoo:

But I'm not gonna lie, I see some bad ass shows.

Northern_Shaman
11-17-2010, 09:55 PM
You know who I'm jealous of? Like, not just currently, actual long-term jealousy.

That fucking guy from Long Island. With the Immortal avatar. Can't remember the username, but his sig seriously makes me wish I lived in NY sometimes, just to have the option to go to HALF of those shows.

DethMaiden
11-17-2010, 09:56 PM
My current sig is about the most pumped I've been about any slate of shows in my life. Two longtime need-to-sees in Blind Guardian and Immortal, my favorite live band ever in Clutch, lots of smaller metal bands who I love and need to see (or see again, looking at you Skeletonwitch and Coffinworm), and hell, an NBA game, which is the next best thing for me after concerts. :D

bt11763
11-17-2010, 09:56 PM
You know who I'm jealous of? Like, not just currently, actual long-term jealousy.

That fucking guy from Long Island. With the Immortal avatar. Can't remember the username, but his sig seriously makes me wish I lived in NY sometimes, just to have the option to go to HALF of those shows.

oh hai :D

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 10:03 PM
My current sig is about the most pumped I've been about any slate of shows in my life. Two longtime need-to-sees in Blind Guardian and Immortal, my favorite live band ever in Clutch, lots of smaller metal bands who I love and need to see (or see again, looking at you Skeletonwitch and Coffinworm), and hell, an NBA game, which is the next best thing for me after concerts. :D

If I had Immortal in my list of shows to see, I could probably never see a live show again and be very very happy with who I've seen.

treghet
11-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Fuck you guys. I'm missing all the shows I want to go to up until February. And there are a lot of good shows this month. :(

treghet
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
If I had Immortal in my list of shows to see, I could probably never see a live show again and be very very happy with who I've seen.

Immortal is one of my very favorite bands. For me, seeing them would be an experience I could never forget.

Northern_Shaman
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
oh hai :D

........Just fucking look at it! Ahahah. Yeah, you're the guy. Just curious - if you don't mind me asking. How far away are you from most of the venues in your area, and how late do shows usually run for you? Because, thinking about it, although in theory I'd love to be attending so many... It might take a bit of a toll on me =P. But I'm about 1h20m away from the regular venue, and shows end anywhere between 11pm and 1am.

Natrlhi
11-17-2010, 10:18 PM
:fist:Well it looks to be fux0r3d now, because supposedly my wife has picked up shifts both Saturday and Sunday and I have to watch the kids (she works second shift, too - so that really fucks this all up). Oh, the joys of parenthood. :snivel:

DethMaiden
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Well it looks to be fux0r3d now, because supposedly my wife has picked up shifts both Saturday and Sunday and I have to watch the kids (she works second shift, too - so that really fucks this all up). Oh, the joys of parenthood. :snivel:

:( Oh well, I'm crashing at BGSU with friends that night, and I'm sure I'll meet some friendly metalheads at the gig. I'll get you a full report of what Grace Perry is wearing.

And a setlist.

bt11763
11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
........Just fucking look at it! Ahahah. Yeah, you're the guy. Just curious - if you don't mind me asking. How far away are you from most of the venues in your area, and how late do shows usually run for you? Because, thinking about it, although in theory I'd love to be attending so many... It might take a bit of a toll on me =P. But I'm about 1h20m away from the regular venue, and shows end anywhere between 11pm and 1am.

all of those dates (save 1 or 2) are in NYC, which takes me about an hour to an hour and twenty minutes to get home from. and they usually end around 11 or 12 for whatever curfew laws or something. so it doesn't really bother me that much, and in all honesty this is all just a list of stuff i would LIKE to go to, and although i have every intention of doing it, i tend to cross a lot off the list for various reasons, funds, scheduling conflict, work, etc. (which always makes me sadface).

but i figure as long as i get done what i need to, and i don't blow ALL of my money on shows (which i have done already this year :eyes:), it's fucking worth it.

i also give the excuse that it's the field i want to work in eventually (lighting) :lol:

Northern_Shaman
11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I have to watch the kids

...Sounds like the perfect timing for their first metal show! ;)

edit: Ahhhh, sounds pretty decent, bt. Makes a lot of sense. The lack of a curfew here is kind of nice as it ensures bands never have to cut their sets, but it would be pretty awesome to be home with enough time to sleep after a gig on occasion.

bt11763
11-17-2010, 10:32 PM
...Sounds like the perfect timing for their first metal show! ;)

edit: Ahhhh, sounds pretty decent, bt. Makes a lot of sense. The lack of a curfew here is kind of nice as it ensures bands never have to cut their sets, but it would be pretty awesome to be home with enough time to sleep after a gig on occasion.

yeah, the sets usually aren't a problem, they just start the shows earlier. i think at least. :lol:

Natrlhi
11-19-2010, 04:05 PM
...Sounds like the perfect timing for their first metal show! ;)Oh, that's gonna happen - don't worry about that. They're four years old and five months old, though - so something tells me that wouldn't be a very good idea. :lol:

idrinkwine732
11-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Oh, that's gonna happen - don't worry about that. They're four years old and five months old, though - so something tells me that wouldn't be a very good idea. :lol:

Corpse paint those guys up and get 'em on the road!