Beautiful
Sacra
Last Hope
Seek & Destroy (Metallica cover)
Inquisition Symphony (Sepultura cover)
----------------
I Don't Care (w/ Tipe Johnson)
Hall of the Mountain King

Apocalyptica were incredible. Dir en Grey were alright, but got boring as it went on. Only caught the last two songs of Evaline's set, so really don't have anything worthwhile to say about them.

While thanking people, Eicca went on to thank Dir en Grey and "The opening band......*looks over at Perttu* what's their name?" I'm sure Evaline loved that.

maidenpriest
08-26-2010, 10:11 PM
im looking forward to both bands, love the songs that Dir en Grey and Apocalyptica has been playing. however not a big fan of Tipe Johnson but oh well...Inquisition Symphony will save everything :D

maidenpriest
08-27-2010, 01:53 AM
do you remember how much tshirt prices were??

JuuKun
08-27-2010, 09:11 AM
do you remember how much tshirt prices were??

I only briefly scanned the merch table because I didn't have any money to buy anything with, but I believe shirts were $30.

the chewbacca defense
08-27-2010, 10:05 AM
i thought dir en grey was headlining this tour? unless they're alternating dates

maidenpriest
08-27-2010, 11:10 AM
from what ive read dir en grey and apocalyptica are getting the same amount of stage time. but apocalyptica is more popular here commercially, so thats prob why theyre always playing last this tour.

JuuKun
08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
i thought dir en grey was headlining this tour? unless they're alternating dates

They might be alternating, I'm not sure. I thought until just the other day that DEG were headlining as well.

Dir en Grey played for about an hour, and Apocalyptica might have gone a little over that, but not by much.

Motograter_Ghost
08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm hoping I get to go to this :)

300%_Density
08-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Not Sure if I don't get these guys or what. All I really know is that single w/ Corey from Slipknot but frankly I'm open to suggestions on these. I don't want to say I don't like them b/c I haven't really given them the chance but the little I heard I wasnt a fan. But willing to give them a shot.

666ways2love
08-30-2010, 12:19 AM
quite possibly the worst set list ever!

They're playing songs like they are an opening band with only 1-2 albums to their name.

4 from 7th sym
4 from worlds
and then covers

I'm sorry, did they get hit in the head and forget they made Cult and Reflections. I hope this changes before the West Coast dates.

maidenpriest
08-30-2010, 01:27 AM
quite possibly the worst set list ever!

They're playing songs like they are an opening band with only 1-2 albums to their name.

4 from 7th sym
4 from worlds
and then covers

I'm sorry, did they get hit in the head and forget they made Cult and Reflections. I hope this changes before the West Coast dates.

theyre going to always play covers since those got them started in the first place, esp Master of Puppets and Inquisition Symphony. but yeah i do agree, i wish they would at least play Life Burns

666ways2love
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
And I agree. They are known for covers. But they are not a cover band. Every band starts out with covers and as they build they own songs, the number of cover songs that "got them started" lessens.

I jut think they can hold their own now, and don't need the gimmicks of lots of covers and new material to have people come to their shows

JuuKun
09-03-2010, 01:10 PM
But they are not a cover band. Every band starts out with covers and as they build they own songs, the number of cover songs that "got them started" lessens.

I jut think they can hold their own now, and don't need the gimmicks of lots of covers and new material to have people come to their shows

But this isn't like other bands who just play a bunch of covers when they're starting off playing local gigs. Their first album was ALL Metallica covers. They started their recorded career as a Metallica cover band. Then their second album was almost all covers, as well. You can't compare a band whose first two albums are almost all covers with a band who only played covers at local gigs as they were starting up.