Goatwhore
The All-Destroying
Provoking the Ritual of Death
Carving Out the Eyes of God
Reckoning of the Soul Made Godless
This Passing Into Power of Demons
Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
Apocalyptic Havoc

It rained all day. Kataklysm did not play, no announcement was made or anything, Goatwhore just started the day and they played through. After Kingdom of Sorrow left the stage, they decided to shut down the second stage to avoid any technical disasters. So, Drowning Pool & BLS didn't play either, though the vocalist of Drowning Pool apparently joined Nonpoint on stage to play Bodies.

Halford fucking ruled. I wish I hadn't been so cold, because I could have enjoyed him more, but he was still great. Motley Crue put on a great show. Vince sounded worse than when I saw him with his solo band a few months ago, but he did progressively get better as the set went on. Seeing Helter Skelter was very nice. Ozzy sounded better than either of the two times I've seen him before, and this was also the best set I've seen him play. The venue has a strict 11 PM curfew, but Ozzy (literally) said "Fuck the curfew" to play his encores, and after Mama I'm Coming Home the venue even turned their lights on, but they played Paranoid anyways.

It was so cold all day, but the last three bands were totally worth it.

converge241
08-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Glad i didnt go, was going to go with some people just for BLS mainly but thankfully they have that Berzerkus tour..im too old to deal with a day of what the weather was like yesterday around here..and today

The sets sound good though, man i would have loved to have seen Shot In The Dark and Fire In The Sky from OO

How were the people on the lawn with the eternal rain? Been to many a shows there where the lawn was mudsliding, throwing stuff, etc

IrritatedTrout
08-25-2010, 07:56 AM
The venue has a strict 11 PM curfew, but Ozzy (literally) said "Fuck the curfew" to play his encores, and after Mama I'm Coming Home the venue even turned their lights on, but they played Paranoid anyways.

:rocker:

JuuKun
08-25-2010, 08:38 AM
How were the people on the lawn with the eternal rain? Been to many a shows there where the lawn was mudsliding, throwing stuff, etc

I was too cold to really pay attention to anyone but myself and the bands, but there was some mudsliding going on. The lawn was fairly empty every time I saw it, though, because everyone just moved to the open air seating.

Chyck
08-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I was too cold to really pay attention to anyone but myself and the bands, but there was some mudsliding going on. The lawn was fairly empty every time I saw it, though, because everyone just moved to the open air seating.

As I understand, they were selling $10 upgrades to get seats, which was effectively the same price as a beer or piece of pizza, so most people abandoned the lawn.

Someone tell me there was some sort of debauchery during "Bodies." For some reason that song requires fighting, sod, mud, or the like in my mind.

JuuKun
08-25-2010, 06:19 PM
As I understand, they were selling $10 upgrades to get seats, which was effectively the same price as a beer or piece of pizza, so most people abandoned the lawn.

I found out about the upgrade today. I had absolutely no idea. The open air seating was GA, too - or, atleast, no one was checking tickets.

Chyck
08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
I found out about the upgrade today. I had absolutely no idea. The open air seating was GA, too - or, atleast, no one was checking tickets.

You need to get Wren's #. Even though I couldn't make it (had to work), for some reason he felt the need to brag. Oh wait, it's because he's a bastard ;)