PDA

View Full Version : BEHEMOTH's Nergal Diagnosed with Luekemia

bt11763
08-24-2010, 08:23 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/08/24/nergal-has-leukemia/

Earlier this month, Behemoth announced that Nergal is “seriously ill and waiting for [his] multi-stage treatment,” and that the band consequently had to cancel all their upcoming tour dates. Although the band didn’t specify what sickness was afflicting Nergal, the “multi-stage treatment” part of the statement caused many to speculate that it was cancer.

And, unfortunately, that speculation was correct: According to Metal Underground, a Polish celebrity news site, TVP, has revealed that the Behemoth mastermind has leukemia.

That news would be terrible enough, but, unfortunately, it gets worse. From Metal Underground:

“…the disease has advanced to the point where chemotherapy can no longer be an effective treatment and can only be cured through a bone marrow transplant.

“Within the country of Poland, there are only 100,000 donors out of a population of 38,192,000. Nergal’s fiance Doda has already donated her bone marrow but it’s unknown if her bone marrow will provide a DNA match.”

Apparently benefit concerts are being organized in Poland, although the artists and dates for those concerts have yet to be announced.

This is obviously terrible, terrible news, and there isn’t much to say. We wish all the best for Nergal, his friends, and his family.

-AR

this is fucking awful :(

imanidiot777
08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/08/24/nergal-has-leukemia/

this is fucking awful :(

Metal fans everywhere should be flying to Poland and donating Bone Marrow.

DethMaiden
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Damn, this isn't supposed to happen. I'm not a Behemoth fan but I wish him a speedy recovery. :fist:

DementedX14
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
:grrr: Fuck Leukemia, hope he recovers and wish him all the best.

Derelict
08-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Man, that blows.

powerslave_85
08-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Bummer :( Here's to a speedy recovery :metal:

Crionics
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Damn, get well soon Nergal!

SomewhereInTime72
08-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Damn that fucking sucks. :bouville:

makethemsuffer12
08-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Fuck...

Natrlhi
08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Here's keeping Nergal and his friends and family in my thoughts and prayers. :fist:

Hoping for a little bit of this:

NERGAL-->:nutkick:<--leukemia

daimonos
08-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Behemoth is one of my favorite bands, this is horrible news. He's too young anyways.

elturtleboy
08-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Get better Nergal,get better

ChildrenofSodom
08-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Damn. I hope he gets well soon.

I'll keep him in my thoughts and blasphemies. :horns:

mankvill
08-24-2010, 11:50 AM
This FUCKING SUCKS.

Had both an uncle and a childhood friend who were diagnosed with leukemia that ultimately passed away. I wish the best for Nergal, but I dunno, man...

treghet
08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Get better Nergal! :snivel:

mastodon421
08-24-2010, 12:03 PM
This is fucking awful. I wish Nergal and his family the best during this traumatic time.

bt11763
08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
This FUCKING SUCKS.

Had both an uncle and a childhood friend who were diagnosed with leukemia that ultimately passed away. I wish the best for Nergal, but I dunno, man...

Same here, girl my age that I almost dated, but we were still good friends. Awful.

Butcher of Birth
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I wish him the best, and I hope he can overcome this terrible illness. He is a genuine great man, he was always there for the fans and always made you feel like the show you were at was special. The band in general is one of the few "METAL" bands today that don't give in to anything, they stand by what they do and are always true. A modern day RUSH of Metal.

Music aside, Adam is a brilliant mind and it would be horrible if the world were to lose someone who can give so much through his music and his teachings at the University and various Museums.

And every Thanksgiving in my local town we have a "cover band" show at the local Venue, a way for former bands who broke up while away in College can come home and play or see friends play. A few weeks ago my friends and I actually decided to sign up and we picked "Behemoth", now it's only fitting that we dedicate ourselves that much more to the show and hopefully film it so we can spread the Music of Behemoth. I would even go as far as to set up a jar to collect donations for Nergal. He is a good man! :rocker:

Derelict
08-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone can be a marrow (or blood or platelet) donor!

Derelict
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Also, i wonder how long til some asshole christian group links him getting leukemia to his anti-christian beliefs? you know its coming

Citatet
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh. Not another one with cancer. And it doesn´t sound very good either.

I wish him all the best. A great frontman for a great band he is.

mankvill
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Also, i wonder how long til some asshole christian group links him getting leukemia to his anti-christian beliefs? you know its coming

I don't know if Behemoth is big enough to get on the WBC's radar.

And I have to agree, Nergal/Behemoth was unique because they really went out of their way to make sure every fan in every corner of the earth had fun.

treghet
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
...Nergal/Behemoth was unique...

IS!

I know it's not looking so good, but I don't want to refer to Nergal in past tense. :(

mankvill
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
IS!

I know it's not looking so good, but I don't want to refer to Nergal in past tense. :(

SORRY! ;_;

Derelict
08-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't know if Behemoth is big enough to get on the WBC's radar.

And I have to agree, Nergal/Behemoth was unique because they really went out of their way to make sure every fan in every corner of the earth had fun.

They aren't on the WBC's radar, but the christian groups in poland have been all over them for awhile.

Sanitarium78
08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm not a fan but I looked Nergal up and he's only 33. That's only a year older than me that's fucked up. I wish him well. I lost my mom to cancer when I was 20 and it's not something anyone, especially that young should have to go through.

Crionics
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM

I will nuke the first person/group to do this.

NecroRob
08-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Man this doesn't sound good, but there's always hope :fist:

ChildrenofSodom
08-24-2010, 06:17 PM

They're busy with Christopher Hitchens.

Sinfulsot
08-25-2010, 04:50 AM
This is one of those times when I get to say "my rectal cancer was lame".

Keep the faith, Nergal!

JLRedWing13
08-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Not good....not good at all. I'll keep hoping though. :(

Addicted2metal
08-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Keep the faith, Nergal! Nergal doesn't believe in faith he said so himself

Sanitarium78
08-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Nergal doesn't believe in faith he said so himself

I think what he meant to say by "faith" is for him to keep positive through the whole thing. He didn't actually mean religious faith. You can have faith in plenty of things that have nothing to do with religion.

JLRedWing13
08-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Someone took it too literally...

Fires Of Sedition
08-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Considering doing this (http://www.metalblade.com/english/artists/behemoth/news.php)

DigMySpanky
08-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Well, the positive side is that he has done a lot in a short time. The guy has put out some of my favorite records and their shows were awesome. How many thrity-three year olds have a bunch of people around the world that have never met them wishing them well and showing concern about their health? Not many. I wish the guy luck, but he's as good as dead unfortunately.

Sinfulsot
08-26-2010, 06:01 AM
I think what he meant to say by "faith" is for him to keep positive through the whole thing. He didn't actually mean religious faith. You can have faith in plenty of things that have nothing to do with religion.

Yes, relgious faith has nothing to do with it. i mean fighting the good fight and all that rot. Especially since he's so young. In fact, as a total math nerd, I'd advocate that his best shot is to be non-negative about it.

GWAR654
08-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Nergal seems like a fighter. He wont let this kill him. He will come back and make a sick song about it i bet:blaze:

DigMySpanky
08-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Nergal seems like a fighter. He wont let this kill him. He will come back and make a sick song about it i bet:blaze:

I wouldn't bet too much on it. I got half a grinder I'm willing to wager.

mankvill
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
If Seth Putnam can go into a coma for several months, come back, tour, and sing a song called "You're In A Coma" or if James Malone can have an eating disorder and lose like 1/3 of his body weight, make a comeback and release "Starve For The Devil", then Nergal needs to get better and write a song called "Levkemia Ov The Devil" or something.

Fires Of Sedition
08-26-2010, 11:18 AM
If Seth Putnam can go into a coma for several months, come back, tour, and sing a song called "You're In A Coma" or if James Malone can have an eating disorder and lose like 1/3 of his body weight, make a comeback and release "Starve For The Devil", then Nergal needs to get better and write a song called "Levkemia Ov The Devil" or something.

:lol: :fist:

Natrlhi
08-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Considering doing this (http://www.metalblade.com/english/artists/behemoth/news.php)That's very noble of you, but you do realize it's not like donating blood, right? It hurts like a motherfucker, for one thing.

Travis The Dragon
08-26-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not a huge fan of this band, but reading all the replies makes me feel the sadness right along with you all. Fuck, it's just SO fucking unfair! :bouville: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

mankvill
08-26-2010, 06:25 PM
That's very noble of you, but you do realize it's not like donating blood, right? It hurts like a motherfucker, for one thing.

My Dad always told me about how he donated bone marrow for my uncle and then like passed out while going to the bathroom right after.

Fires Of Sedition
08-26-2010, 11:40 PM
That's very noble of you, but you do realize it's not like donating blood, right? It hurts like a motherfucker, for one thing.

I'll get over it.

mankvill
08-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I'll get over it.

Matthew Pritchard: "That's the thing about skin - it always heals. Whoever invented it was a fucking genius."

Derelict
08-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Nergal put out a statement today (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145312), thought this part was pretty awesome:

"Finally, I want to comment on some opinions which, provoked by religious circles, lead to far-fetched and inaccurate interpretations.

"I was surprised to hear my illness became a pretext for some people to embark on their own crusade. Opinions suggesting I might come closer to God or abandon my ideals and grovel to the only correct world view in this country not only surprised but also frightened me. This is a typical example of supporting one's own views by preying on someone's misfortune. 'He fell ill so he will convert to Christianity, he will discover the religion he fought against is actually close to him.'

"Halt! Why should the illness change my point of view?

"It is true this is a difficult time for me and the thoughts of ultimate matters are hard to chase away. But the idea that I will change my opinions, priorities, and values as a consequence of my illness sounds as if someone regards my head, and not my body, ill. Suggesting I might convert are ridiculous. To what would I convert? After all, I know Christian mythology pretty well, not only in its literary version, and I find nothing good, creative or beautiful in it. I read books better and wiser than the Bible. War, blood, blackmail, rapes, incest, pedophilia, zoophilia, collaboration and treachery — each page emanates with evil.

"Some may say I don't understand the message of the Bible. I'd rather say the Christianity is nothing more than a rusty and archaic structure that is going to fall down any moment. It lasts only because of the gullible that follow the shepherd blindly; without any questions, without any consideration, not to any promised land, but to an intellectual slaughter. So, I say to those, who see some chances to break my rules, and myself because of the illness: over my dead body!"

Fires Of Sedition
08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Just finished my donation registration

NecroRob
08-31-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm kind of at a loss for words at how awesome that statement is.

Fuck of, religious extremists.

Derelict
08-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Just finished my donation registration

:fist:

GWAR654
09-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm kind of at a loss for words at how awesome that statement is.

Fuck of, religious extremists.

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

christopher
09-20-2010, 02:20 PM
http://pages.lightthenight.org/los/WarnerPk10/conquerall#Welcome-to-our-Teams-Homepage