PDA

View Full Version : CHILDREN OF BODOM Enter The Studio For Early 2011 Release

GWAR654
08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/children_of_bodom_001-300x214.jpg

Children of Bodom have announced they are entering the Finnish depths of Petrax Studio's to begin recording their seventh studio album. As yet untitled, the band have engaged legendary producer Matt Hyde to herd them through the recording process before emerging in late September with a fresh batch of material to be released early 2011.

After the album release, Bodom will be embarking on the Black Label Berzerkus Tour (dates here) with Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society and Clutch. The tour will kick off September 21st in Portland and will encompass the whole of U.S. and Canada.

As we posted yesterday, Bodom's track "If You Want Peace…Prepare For War" will be a playable track on Guitar Hero:Warriors of Rock.

According to the band "everything you love about Children of Bodom has been magnified tenfold and we're pushing ourselves harder than ever before". If the success of 2008 album Blooddrunk is anything to go by then this should be a corker. "Expect nothing less than the perfect storm!"

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/children-bodom-release-album

daimonos
08-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Maybe they'll make a good one this time.

Dissimulate
08-23-2010, 09:09 PM
They haven't done anything amazing in ten years, and their last two albums flat out sucked. I'm not holding out much hope for this.

makethemsuffer12
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
They haven't done anything amazing in ten years, and their last two albums flat out sucked. I'm not holding out much hope for this.

Hey, Are You Dead Yet? wasn't that bad. Blooddrunk isn't all that great, though. I'm not expecting this one to be any special, either.

treghet
08-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Blooddrunk had its moments. I thought it was better than Are You Dead Yet?, so hopefully this next album will be better than Blooddrunk.

xStructualDefect
08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
AYDY isn't that bad, it has a few good tunes, and Blooddrunk definitely had a lot of good songs on it, well imho at least.

TonyD
08-23-2010, 10:29 PM

[IE. Follow the Reaper is amazing and Hate Crew isn't]
Get the fuck out of here.

JuuKun
08-23-2010, 11:38 PM
As the huge Bodom fanboy I am, I like all the albums, though even I'll admit that AYDY and Blooddrunk were huge, huge disappointments compared to everything else. Hope this gets back on track with Hate Crew Deathroll, but, I don't really think it'll happen.

Northern_Shaman
08-24-2010, 03:19 AM
I normally wouldn't have very high expectations for this album, if any at all, but Bodom's recent setlists make me quite interested in it. They seem to have been playing a lot of pre-AYDY material lately!

daimonos
08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
I normally wouldn't have very high expectations for this album, if any at all, but Bodom's recent setlists make me quite interested in it. They seem to have been playing a lot of pre-AYDY material lately!

That's what I was thinking.

Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow the Reaper are all masterpieces. Hate Crew Deathroll is really good too. I think Blooddrunk may be slightly better than Are You Dead Yet? though.

SomewhereInTime72
08-24-2010, 09:04 AM
At this point I'm not even going to bother with this album, unless any songs released prior to the album somehow manage to be amazing.

mastodon421
08-24-2010, 12:00 PM
I actually liked Are You Dead Yet? and Bloodrunk is alright as well. That being said Hate Crew Deathroll was the last amazing record they made. Hopefully they can make another record of that calibur but I am not holding my breath.

Crionics
08-24-2010, 03:14 PM
I too didn't care for AYDY? and Blooddrunk. I hope this will sound more like their first four.

JRA
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't understand why nobody likes Blooddrunk. To me it was back on track with Hate Crew Deathroll. Granted it wasn't quite as good as that album but sheeit.

hubub454
08-24-2010, 10:50 PM

iv seen em 3 times and iv never heard needled 24/7 or sixpounder. if they start playing those, ill keep going to shows, but they would be so much better if they played those songs live

JuuKun
08-24-2010, 11:21 PM
iv seen em 3 times and iv never heard needled 24/7 or sixpounder. if they start playing those, ill keep going to shows, but they would be so much better if they played those songs live

They do, though. Needled hasn't been played in awhile but they play Sixpounder fairly frequently. I've seen them five times now, and there was probably only one time (if any) were they didn't play either of those.