PDA

View Full Version : New Queensryche album described as cross between Rage For Order and Empire

Travis The Dragon
08-22-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144889

Now, after the let down of Mindcrime 2 and American Soldier, which wasn't bad, but still didn't live up to all of its hype, I'm not going to hold my breath for the next album. It'll sure be interesting to hear though.

mankvill
08-22-2010, 04:10 PM
god_damnit_fonzy.tiff

Div
08-22-2010, 04:24 PM
god_damnit_fonzy.tiff

gtfo macfag

mankvill
08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
gtfo macfag

we used macs to do the yearbook, what can i say?

Travis The Dragon
08-22-2010, 04:58 PM
2 GREAT reasons to own a Mac:
1. NO viruses or spyware EVER!
2.Mac running any version of OS X later than 10.2 does not need to be defragmented. OS X has its own built-in safeguards that prevent files from becoming fragmented in the first place.Source: http://macs.about.com/od/faq1/f/defrag.htm

mankvill
08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
2 GREAT reasons not to own a mac:

1. You are straight
2. You have a pulse

maidenpriest
08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
i try not to hate too much fonz but this definitely belongs in general chat

Travis The Dragon
08-22-2010, 05:24 PM
i try not to hate too much fonz but this definitely belongs in general chat

You're right about that. I reported it to the mods and asked them to move it.

Div
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
2.Source: http://macs.about.com/od/faq1/f/defrag.htm

......dude, really? .....really?

EvilCheeseWedge
08-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Rage for Order meets Empire.

Sounds great.

I hope it lives up to that.

SomewhereInTime72
08-22-2010, 06:16 PM
2.Source: http://macs.about.com/od/faq1/f/defrag.htm
...lol

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Sounds promising, but I don't expect it to deliver.

powerslave_85
08-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Pass.

JRA
08-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Pass.

Do you even like Queensryche?

SomewhereInTime72
08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm not excited. Though if it legit sounded like that, I would be.

powerslave_85
08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Do you even like Queensryche?
I've seen them live, and I love Mindcrime and, to a lesser extent, Empire. I just think that they've gone too far into crappiness to come back now.

Dissimulate
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
And what comes out will sound like American Soldier. No hope for this.

zgodt
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Just for some perspective... when Iron Maiden was about to release No Prayer for the Dying, they were spinning it as a return to the days of Number of the Beast.

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Just for some perspective... when Iron Maiden was about to release No Prayer for the Dying, they were spinning it as a return to the days of Number of the Beast.

:lol:

Queensryche have been lying about their releases for a while now. They're only good post-Empire when they aren't trying to be metal. Whenever they try to get heavy, they suck. That's why Tribe rules. It's chill, relaxing rock and doesn't pretend it isn't. :cool:

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 07:16 AM

Queensryche have been lying about their releases for a while now. They're only good post-Empire when they aren't trying to be metal. Whenever they try to get heavy, they suck. That's why Tribe rules. It's chill, relaxing rock and doesn't pretend it isn't. :cool:

Yeah, I definitely enjoy Tribe a lot. More so than their latest two.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 07:17 AM

Bands always do this... and it's lame.

SomewhereInTime72
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM

Mindcrime 2 is still pretty alright by me. The only albums with almost no redeeming features are American Soldier and HITNF.

But yeah, the best post-Empire album IMO is Promised Land (fuck yeah), and that's barely any metal at all.

Maiden33
08-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm not excited. Though if it legit sounded like that, I would be.

This.

I'm sure it's more overhype, and, just like every other Queensryche record in the past ten years, when it comes out, a whole bunch of fanboys will cry "no really guys, this one is good!" - and then the average person will listen to it and find themself overcome with the same underwhelmingness and disappointment as every Queensryche album post-Promised Land.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
This.

I'm sure it's more overhype, and, just like every other Queensryche record in the past ten years, when it comes out, a whole bunch of fanboys will cry "no really guys, this one is good!" - and then the average person will listen to it and find themself overcome with the same underwhelmingness and disappointment as every Queensryche album post-Promised Land.

Although to be fair this "average" person has probably been equally underwhelmed by most of Maiden's post 80s output/lots of bands later works :eyes:

Travis The Dragon
08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
This.

Actually, on Queensryche's forum (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom), most members don't like what they've done in the last 10 years. Even Samsara, who owns and runs the forum, complains a lot.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Actually, on Queensryche's forum (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom), most members don't like what they've done in the last 10 years. Even Samsara, who owns and runs the forum, complains a lot.

Dude, that's not Queensryche's forum - that's a "fan" forum. Samsara is a completely jaded dude who basically gets his jollies by railing against the band to a choir that preaches it right back at him, because if you disagree you will NOT last long over there (thus why "most members" don't like what Queensryche's done in the last 10 years.)

(I used to be a moderator there.)

es156
08-24-2010, 07:52 PM

That is not Queensryche's forum. It is just a fan forum run by some guy who likes to complain. A lot.

es156
08-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Dude, that's not Queensryche's forum - that's a "fan" forum. Samsara is a completely jaded dude who basically gets his jollies by railing against the band to a choir that preaches it right back at him, because if you disagree you will NOT last long over there (thus why "most members" don't like what Queensryche's done in the last 10 years.)

Beat me to it, ha ha.

(I used to be a moderator there.)

I did not know that.

es156
08-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Although to be fair this "average" person who happens to have crappy taste in music has probably been equally underwhelmed by most of Maiden's post 80s output/lots of bands later works :eyes:

Fixed.

;)

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Beat me to it, ha ha.

I did not know that.

;)

Yeah. I was for quite awhile during the Mindcrime II era, but I just couldn't handle the tone over there. They basically clamp down on anybody not agreeing with their consensus in all sorts of crazy ways...

The reason I was kicked out is because I outed his wife (who at the time wasn't identified as such, but basically agreed with all his posts so he could go, "See!") Other people he's banned include his college roommate (among other friends) :lol:

You really can't get a more distorted view of Queensryche "fans" than you can from The Breakdown Room.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Fixed.

;)

es156
08-24-2010, 08:06 PM
;)

Yeah. I was for quite awhile during the Mindcrime II era, but I just couldn't handle the tone over there. They basically clamp down on anybody not agreeing with their consensus in all sorts of crazy ways...

The reason I was kicked out is because I outed his wife (who at the time wasn't identified as such, but basically agreed with all his posts so he could go, "See!") Other people he's banned include his college roommate (among other friends) :lol:

You really can't get a more distorted view of Queensryche "fans" than you can from The Breakdown Room.

It is pathetic that he had to have a secret account for his wife to post with. Do you think he just posted with it or do you think she just posted in total agreement? And it is extremely hilarious that you spilled the whole thing. I bet that caused some serious uproar on the boards. :lol:

But yeah, that place is bizarre. I have only gone there 2 or 3 times, but I have left there shaking my head every time.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
It is pathetic that he had to have a secret account for his wife to post with. Do you think he just posted with it or do you think she just posted in total agreement? And it is extremely hilarious that you spilled the whole thing. I bet that caused some serious uproar on the boards. :lol:

But yeah, that place is bizarre. I have only gone there 2 or 3 times, but I have left there shaking my head every time.

Oh she was definitely posting in total agreement. :lol: I knew all along it was his wife, but it was getting out of hand. After I spilled it, he relayed this dramatic story of Internet stalkers and how she had to hide to protect herself, but I sincerely doubt the veracity of the claims since after my outing they've never hid who she is and she is, well... still posting.

It is bizarre. Just looking at the rules over there is frightening. You should probably consult a lawyer before you agree to post there. :bliss:

Are you still in the QR fan club? I let my membership lapse a long time ago... But I am thinking of going to see Queensryche in Chicago in October, mostly because I like the set list. Not at all interested in the cabaret... :hecho:

es156
08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh she was definitely posting in total agreement. :lol: I knew all along it was his wife, but it was getting out of hand. After I spilled it, he relayed this dramatic story of Internet stalkers and how she had to hide to protect herself, but I sincerely doubt the veracity of the claims since after my outing they've never hid who she is and she is, well... still posting.

It is bizarre. Just looking at the rules over there is frightening. You should probably consult a lawyer before you agree to post there. :bliss:

Are you still in the QR fan club? I let my membership lapse a long time ago... But I am thinking of going to see Queensryche in Chicago in October, mostly because I like the set list. Not at all interested in the cabaret... :hecho:

Yes, I am still in the FC. The perks are worth $25 to me. The set list for this tour is very cool, but I am boycotting the whole cabaret thing. I can't believe how lame that is. I would love to see the set they are playing, though, if I could catch it at a non-cabaret show. But I will be in St. Louis that night for the Roger Waters tour anyway. Easy choice there.

I still love American Soldier, by the way. :bliss:

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes, I am still in the FC. The perks are worth $25 to me. The set list for this tour is very cool, but I am boycotting the whole cabaret thing. I can't believe how lame that is. I would love to see the set they are playing, though, if I could catch it at a non-cabaret show. But I will be in St. Louis that night for the Roger Waters tour anyway. Easy choice there.

I still love American Soldier, by the way. :bliss:

Yeah, honestly, I got a lot of value out of the FC... including M&G passes, so no complaints there. I usually just forget to renew and then get distracted. The only reason I'm not boycotting is because I'd love to hear "Promised Land" live, basically. And because like four of my friends want to go, and they're pretty indifferent on the cabaret issue :lol: But yeah, I don't blame you on the whole Roger Waters tour... I'd like to go see him in Cleveland, but I don't think I can afford the tickets I'd like right now :lol:

I like American Soldier a lot too. It translated pretty well live imo. The date I caught in Chicago last year was pretty good.

Sanitarium78
08-24-2010, 08:51 PM
New Queensryche album?

:zzz::zzz: