PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Assault US Tour?

mankvill
08-21-2010, 02:19 PM
On the Sonar's website in Baltimore, it has this listed on Oct. 10:

Nuclear Assault
Arsis
Black Anvil
Acrassicauda

O:

BloodoftheKings
08-21-2010, 03:50 PM
:rocker:

elturtleboy
08-21-2010, 06:05 PM
wtf. So they're back fro good now? If this tour is true then holy fuck:wow:

Crionics
08-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Niiice

ChildrenofSodom
08-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I've got a Nuclear Assault US Tour right here:

Iraq
Iran
North Korea
Libya
Cuba
France

:usa: :usa: :usa:

mankvill
08-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I've got a Nuclear Assault US Tour right here:

Iraq
Iran
North Korea
Libya
Cuba
France

:usa: :usa: :usa:

please don't fag up this thread. a Nuclear Assault US Tour is a big deal

elturtleboy
08-21-2010, 07:31 PM

:party:

xStructualDefect
08-21-2010, 08:02 PM
i like Arsis. i have some thrasher friends that like Nuclear Assault. i'd probably go.

Derelict
08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
I hung out with Danny Lilkner in front of the Dimmu/Samael tourbus in 99, til they found some weed. True story, bro

bt11763
08-22-2010, 12:47 AM
O _____________________ O

:drool:

treghet
08-22-2010, 02:16 AM
This is relevant to my interests.

jhdeity
08-22-2010, 07:14 AM
I listen to this song at least once a week. So fun to sing along to...

Hang the Pope hang the Pope hang the Pope
Hang him with a fucking rope

Let's go to the Vatican, get him out of bed
Put the noose around his neck and hang him till he's fucking dead

davidis138
08-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Hopefully this is a tour but I don't know cos Lilker is gonna be touring with Venomous Concept. Still this is good to know :D

zgodt
08-23-2010, 05:33 AM

(a) Fuck your fucking homophobia. This goes for all you stupid motherfuckers.

(b) I am continually amazed at how second- and third- rate metal acts from the 1980s are still touring. I mean, more power to them, and to the fans who still go see them.

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 06:02 AM
(a) Fuck your fucking homophobia. This goes for all you stupid motherfuckers.

This. And while we're airing grievances, my skin crawls every time I read the n-word on here. Have a little goddamn common courtesy.

ChildrenofSodom
08-23-2010, 07:02 AM
This. And while we're airing grievances, my skin crawls every time I read the n-word on here. Have a little goddamn common courtesy.

I've said both of those things in the past, but I got called a tight ass for it.

Anyway.....I've never heard Nuclear Assault, so I don't know if this is a big deal or not.

Wizzbang11
08-23-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't call people 'faggots' or 'niggers' (ever really, even joking,) but I really don't think Jackson is homophobic/racist, at all.
1.) it appears to be often for shock value, and probably more that he clearly gets a rise out of at least Cameron almost every time
2.) like it or not both words have become quite common in modern vernacular, so while it may be ignorant and insensitive they usually do not carry an intentionally hateful message like they have in the past
I don't like it, but really, it's the internet. Eh.

bt11763
08-23-2010, 07:47 AM
must...fight....temptation...to...TROLL:eyes:

IrritatedTrout
08-23-2010, 10:45 AM
The internet. Serious. Fucking. Business.

mankvill
08-23-2010, 11:45 AM
(a) Fuck your fucking homophobia. This goes for all you stupid motherfuckers..

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rdYxHbuUASQ/hqdefault.jpg

Thought we were past this.

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rdYxHbuUASQ/hqdefault.jpg

Thought we were past this.

Why do we have to get past you taking homophobia and racism lightly? Don't we owe it to our children and our children's children to be offended every goddamn time it happens?

treghet
08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Nine times out of ten you won't change someone's opinion by showing anger. So, this argument won't go anywhere.

Using such terms lightly doesn't mean homophobia or racism isn't offensive to you. I can't stand homophobic or racist people, but I make jokes relating to those subjects, because honestly, if we took everything so incredibly seriously all the time, we'd be depressed as hell. Some people are more uptight than others, and that's how it will always be, but don't get your panties up in a bunch over a joke - especially if they're on your side about the issue.

For the record, I've asked numerous homosexual people about this, and a lot of them use the terms "gay" and "faggot" jokingly as well.

ChildrenofSodom
08-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Nine times out of ten you won't change someone's opinion by showing anger. So, this argument won't go anywhere.

Using such terms lightly doesn't mean homophobia or racism isn't offensive to you. I can't stand homophobic or racist people, but I make jokes relating to those subjects, because honestly, if we took everything so incredibly seriously all the time, we'd be depressed as hell. Some people are more uptight than others, and that's how it will always be, but don't get your panties up in a bunch over a joke - especially if they're on your side about the issue.

Fuck that. I'm tired of the general attitude (here and on the internet in general) that the sin of getting "your panties in a bunch" is worse and more widespread that using racist/sexist/homophobic terms for shock value. Do I do it sometimes? Yes. But if thats your "go to" joke, then you need to kill yourself.

For the record, I've asked numerous homosexual people about this, and a lot of them use the terms "gay" and "faggot" jokingly as well.

"I have a black friend, and he says...."

mankvill
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Why do we have to get past you taking homophobia and racism lightly? Don't we owe it to our children and our children's children to be offended every goddamn time it happens?

Not on metalsetlists.com and especially not when it's so painfully obvious that the term's usage in this particular case was meant as a synonym to "lame." If you're going to throw a bitch-fit (whoops offending women) every time this happens on the internet, I highly suggest you grow thicker skin or only visit nick.com.

Seriously Brad. You know me. I don't know if you could tell by my facebook, but I have gay and black (and Jewish and Indian and Muslim etc.) friends. That doesn't mean I have to be ultra-PC all the time.

Like Michael Scott said: "Did you know gay used to mean happy? When I was growing up, it meant lame. Now it means a man who is sexually attracted to other men."

NUCLEAR ASSAULT FUCKING RUUUULES

ChildrenofSodom
08-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I think its the fact that its your "go to."

"Cameron, don't fuck up this thread" would have had the same effect as "Don't fag up".

DethMaiden
08-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Not on metalsetlists.com and especially not when it's so painfully obvious that the term's usage in this particular case was meant as a synonym to "lame." If you're going to throw a bitch-fit (whoops offending women) every time this happens on the internet, I highly suggest you grow thicker skin or only visit nick.com.

Seriously Brad. You know me. I don't know if you could tell by my facebook, but I have gay and black (and Jewish and Indian and Muslim etc.) friends. That doesn't mean I have to be ultra-PC all the time.

Like Michael Scott said: "Did you know gay used to mean happy? When I was growing up, it meant lame. Now it means a man who is sexually attracted to other men."

NUCLEAR ASSAULT FUCKING RUUUULES

Finding what you're saying offensive and thinking you mean it are two different things. Of course I don't believe you're a racist or a homophobe, but I don't think that totally justifies using derogatory terms that racists or homophobes would use. Personally, I'm not really comfortable with "faggot" or "fag" or "nigger", but I guess I can't stop you from using them. If it adds nothing to your point, I don't see why you would use them, but whaaaaaaatever.

And I swear to God if this thread turns into a place for posting unfunny Internet Serious Business memes for the millionth time I quit. :lol:

mankvill
08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I think its the fact that its your "go to."

"Cameron, don't fuck up this thread" would have had the same effect as "Don't fag up".

C'est La Vie.

I love you guys and I'm glad that you put up with me.

mankvill
08-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Finding what you're saying offensive and thinking you mean it are two different things. Of course I don't believe you're a racist or a homophobe, but I don't think that totally justifies using derogatory terms that racists or homophobes would use. Personally, I'm not really comfortable with "faggot" or "fag" or "nigger", but I guess I can't stop you from using them. If it adds nothing to your point, I don't see why you would use them, but whaaaaaaatever.

And I swear to God if this thread turns into a place for posting unfunny Internet Serious Business memes for the millionth time I quit. :lol:

And I don't think you're a bad person except for the fact that you hate Wall-E. GTFO my thread you robophobe.

davidis138
08-23-2010, 05:35 PM
...really hope they tour

zgodt
08-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Fuck that. I'm tired of the general attitude (here and on the internet in general) that the sin of getting "your panties in a bunch" is worse and more widespread that using racist/sexist/homophobic terms for shock value. Do I do it sometimes? Yes. But if thats your "go to" joke, then you need to kill yourself.

"I have a black friend, and he says...."

:fist:

powerslave_85
08-23-2010, 08:53 PM
For the record, I've asked numerous homosexual people about this, and a lot of them use the terms "gay" and "faggot" jokingly as well.And I'VE asked many gay people about it, and they find it extremely offensive.

zgodt
08-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Well, yes, and that's pretty much the fucking problem. When you make "gay" synonymous with "lame" then you're implying something. Every fucking time you say it. It's not okay just 'cause it's just some bullshit you're posting on the internet; it's not okay 'cause this is metalsetlists.com instead of nytimes.com or whatever. It's bullshit.

It's not about me getting offended or having thin skin. It's so fucking TEDIOUS. That's what gets me. Not just that it's dumb and mean-spirited and on the side of evil, but also that it's so fucking trite. I mean, I was calling dudes "fag" and getting called "fag" in return in the early '80s. When fucking Tears for Fears and Duran Duran were cool, calling someone "faggy" was cool. Okay? It's fucking passe. Every time you say it, it marks you as an outmoded douche in the eyes of every brain-endowed person who hears what you've said or sees what you've typed. So just STOP ALREADY. For your own sake.

elturtleboy
08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
so im guessing all guys dont like Anal cunt :(

treghet
08-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Shit, we're still arguing about this? :tp:

mankvill
08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, yes, and that's pretty much the fucking problem. When you make "gay" synonymous with "lame" then you're implying something. Every fucking time you say it. It's not okay just 'cause it's just some bullshit you're posting on the internet; it's not okay 'cause this is metalsetlists.com instead of nytimes.com or whatever. It's bullshit.

It's not about me getting offended or having thin skin. It's so fucking TEDIOUS. That's what gets me. Not just that it's dumb and mean-spirited and on the side of evil, but also that it's so fucking trite. I mean, I was calling dudes "fag" and getting called "fag" in return in the early '80s. When fucking Tears for Fears and Duran Duran were cool, calling someone "faggy" was cool. Okay? It's fucking passe. Every time you say it, it marks you as an outmoded douche in the eyes of every brain-endowed person who hears what you've said or sees what you've typed. So just STOP ALREADY. For your own sake.

so i'll stop saying it because it's not "cool" anymore? What?

No.

Fucking deal with it.

zgodt
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
so i'll stop saying it because it's not "cool" anymore? What?

No.

Fucking deal with it.

You SHOULD stop saying it because you don't want to be an asshole.

But I'm surprised you DON'T stop saying it because it makes you look like a certified fucktard.

Either way you want to justify it -- whatever. "Fucking deal with it?" I deal with it every day.

bt11763
08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.meh.ro/thumbnail/2010_02/meh.ro3568.jpg

zgodt
08-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Also, mankvill, for the record. I don't mean to single you out in particular; like, I don't have a personal vendetta or anything. I could have picked 50 other posts to react to. My problem is with the culture at large. My quibbling here is with how easily people (including but not limited to you, judging by the post in question) fall in line with it.

mankvill
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Also, mankvill, for the record. I don't mean to single you out in particular; like, I don't have a personal vendetta or anything. I could have picked 50 other posts to react to. My problem is with the culture at large. My quibbling here is with how easily people (including but not limited to you, judging by the post in question) fall in line with it.

And my quibble is how people overreact to stupid shit. I didn't single someone out and scream "YOU'RE A FAGGOT" or something stupid like that. You saying "fucktard" is offensive to the mentalky handicapped. See how pointless it is?

I don't walk up to a cashier and be like "MAN, THOSE GUYS WERE A COUPLE OF FAGS" and in fact when random people say that shit to me, it does make me uncomfortable. I just say it as a synonym to lame with my frienda, because they know I'm not a homophobe.

If you REALLY think all my posts are littered witgh this, feel free to block me.

zgodt
08-23-2010, 10:40 PM
And my quibble is how people overreact to stupid shit. I didn't single someone out and scream "YOU'RE A FAGGOT" or something stupid like that. You saying "fucktard" is offensive to the mentalky handicapped. See how pointless it is?

I don't walk up to a cashier and be like "MAN, THOSE GUYS WERE A COUPLE OF FAGS" and in fact when random people say that shit to me, it does make me uncomfortable. I just say it as a synonym to lame with my frienda, because they know I'm not a homophobe.

If you REALLY think all my posts are littered witgh this, feel free to block me.

Well, I don't know you're not a homophobe. And if you say 'gay' as a synonym for 'lame' with your friends, then they don't know you're not a homophobe, either.

Like I said, I'm not singling you out. If I blocked you, I'd still see this shit from 50 others. You may have noticed (but just as likely haven't) that I've been around a long time but vanish for long stretches. Partly that's cause I get busy with other shit, but partly it's because it just gets nauseating after a while to see a preponderance of careless bigotry. Again -- I'm not calling you or anyone individually a bigot. But the prevalence of "that's gay" mentality is cultural bigotry. It just is. Ain't no two ways about it. Ain't no "well, when I'm with my friends we don't mean it" about it. It just is. You want me to deal with it? You deal with it. It's easy, folks. Just don't.

powerslave_85
08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Well, I don't know you're not a homophobe. And if you say 'gay' as a synonym for 'lame' with your friends, then they don't know you're not a homophobe, either.

Like I said, I'm not singling you out. If I blocked you, I'd still see this shit from 50 others. You may have noticed (but just as likely haven't) that I've been around a long time but vanish for long stretches. Partly that's cause I get busy with other shit, but partly it's because it just gets nauseating after a while to see a preponderance of careless bigotry. Again -- I'm not calling you or anyone individually a bigot. But the prevalence of "that's gay" mentality is cultural bigotry. It just is. Ain't no two ways about it. Ain't no "well, when I'm with my friends we don't mean it" about it. It just is. You want me to deal with it? You deal with it. It's easy, folks. Just don't.:fist:

mankvill
08-23-2010, 10:59 PM
As soon as people quit using "retard" and "pussy" in the same way, then I'll stop too.

powerslave_85
08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
As soon as people quit using "retard" and "pussy" in the same way, then I'll stop too.
I have.

Fires Of Sedition
08-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Words is words.

mankvill
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Words is words.

Oklahomo.

boom roasted

davidis138
08-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Think they'll play Hypocrisy?

Fires Of Sedition
08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Oklahomo.

boom roasted

Kansassfucker

El Gordo
08-24-2010, 02:34 AM
I seem to have made a wrong turn somewhere... can somebody point me in the direction of the Nuclear Assault US Tour thread?

On a completely unrelated note, do you think they'll play "Butt Fuck"?

Crionics
08-24-2010, 05:56 AM
I go on vacation for 2 days, and this happens :eyes:

Natrlhi
08-24-2010, 06:06 AM
can somebody point me in the direction of the Nuclear Assault US Tour thread?

On a completely unrelated note, do you think they'll play "Butt Fuck"?Two very good and relevant questions that require an immediate answer.

zgodt
08-24-2010, 07:29 AM

If this strikes you as logical, then I bid you good day. Personally, I discovered that if I waited for everyone else to stop being an asshole before I stopped being an asshole, I would be waiting forever.

Words is words.

Yes they is. And I live by them. As do we all.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 07:32 AM

I'm basically considering banning you for 24 hours for this horrible abuse of logic.

Seriously.

mankvill
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
If this strikes you as logical, then I bid you good day. Personally, I discovered that if I waited for everyone else to stop being an asshole before I stopped being an asshole, I would be waiting forever.

I'm basically considering banning you for 24 hours for this horrible abuse of logic.

Seriously.

No shit. Of course I didn't mean it seriously. If I cared about what other people did and that dictated how I did it, I'd be no better than a scene kid.

Jesus, you motherfuckers take everything way literally.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 10:51 AM
No shit. Of course I didn't mean it seriously. If I cared about what other people did and that dictated how I did it, I'd be no better than a scene kid.

Jesus, you motherfuckers take everything way literally.

Fail logic is never fun to read whether it's meant to be taken seriously or not :hecho:

mankvill
08-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Fail logic is never fun to read whether it's meant to be taken seriously or not :hecho:

I bet you loved it when Bush was president. :lol:

idrinkwine732
08-24-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3kcnm2THXI

mankvill
08-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Also off-topic:

Nuclear Assault IS planning a US tour.

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I bet you loved it when Bush was president. :lol:

:lol:

But we all learned so much from him!

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?"

Derelict
08-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Also off-topic:

I think you might need to start a new thread for that.

Fool me twice, you won't get fooled again.

bt11763
08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I think you might need to start a new thread for that.

Fool me twice, you won't get fooled again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5pHK1ey4k

davidis138
08-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Also off-topic:

John Connelly can finally get some time off from teaching then? :lol:

bt11763
08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
october 9th, Santo's party house, NYC: Nuclear Assault, Arsis, Acrassicauda and more. boom :fist:

BloodoftheKings
08-24-2010, 02:49 PM
october 9th, Santo's party house, NYC: Nuclear Assault, Arsis, Acrassicauda and more. boom :fist:

:rocker::party::eek:

makethemsuffer12
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM

Might have to go to this.

davidis138
08-24-2010, 06:29 PM

So this is tour confirmation kinda huh? At lease confirmation they're doing shows. YES :party:

jhdeity
08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
This thread needs a 300 mph sing along. Ready? GO!

Let's go to the Vatican, get him out of bed
Put the noose around his neck and hang him till he's fucking dead!

daimonos
08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
BUY BACK EVERY IRON MAIDEN CD FAG

All statements from DethMaiden are now void :lol:

DethMaiden
08-29-2010, 07:52 PM
All statements from DethMaiden are now void :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Goddammit Jon Stewart, why you gotta do your research?

daimonos
08-29-2010, 07:55 PM
:lol: :lol:

Goddammit Jon Stewart, why you gotta do your research?

:lol: