PDA

View Full Version : The Final Frontier to debut at #3 on Billboard!!!

Travis The Dragon
08-18-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144760

And yes, this is a HUGE deal because they have NEVER charted that high in the USA!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

mankvill
08-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Stupid Eminem. You are washed up: gtfo!

Also: who is KEM?

Travis The Dragon
08-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Stupid Eminem. You are washed up: gtfo!

Also: who is KEM?

KEM (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=KEM&btnG=Google+Search&fp=191cf18fb3017345)

JLRedWing13
08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Both of the artists ahead of Maiden are from Detroit......

I am ashamed, though I enjoy some of Eminem's music. :snivel:

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I'll wait until we see the official list. Wtf is "projected" record sales.

I don't really care about where albums chart (obviously) but if Maiden charts higher than they ever have in the States, then that's pretty cool. Also, the new Miss May I came out yesterday and I'd like to see where my broskis from high school chart. I know they broke some presale records for their label, and their shit sells like hotcakes right now, so I'd like to see them make some mad dough.

Dissimulate
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
It's nice to see that in an age of shitty, commercialized bands, Maiden is still relevant.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 04:26 PM
That is way cool if that's where they end up. However, it's important to keep in mind how much the record industry has changed in the last ten years (or hell, just since AMOLAD came out). Making the Billboard charts these days isn't as hard as it used to be.

mankvill
08-18-2010, 06:51 PM
That is way cool if that's where they end up. However, it's important to keep in mind how much the record industry has changed in the last ten years (or hell, just since AMOLAD came out). Making the Billboard charts these days isn't as hard as it used to be.

But if that Blabbermouth report is true, they not only increased chart position, but sold almost 30k more in its first week than AMOLAD.

That's awesome.

AnthG
08-18-2010, 06:56 PM

Your right about the chart position increasing not being a huge deal, but apparently the first week sales has gone up every album since Brave New World.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
But if that Blabbermouth report is true, they not only increased chart position, but sold almost 30k more in its first week than AMOLAD.

That's awesome.
Ah. I was not able to read the actual article when I commented earlier. That IS pretty awesome.

SplinterMech
08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I went to both Best Buy and Target today. Neither store had any copies. I guess I will go out to FYE tomorrow, as they've got to have it in.

maidenpriest
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I am ashamed, though I enjoy some of Eminem's music. :snivel:

guilty pleasure of mine as well sadly....but good for Maiden! glad that theyre going to chart so high

elturtleboy
08-18-2010, 08:15 PM
i was so happy when "World Painted Blood" was in the chart for like a week. But Maiden being no.3??! thats fuckin history:metal:

Crionics
08-18-2010, 08:19 PM
i was so happy when "World Painted Blood" was in the chart for like a week. But Maiden being no.3??! thats fuckin history:metal:

AC/DC was #1 in 08, not metal but still pretty sweet. Anyways, this is sweet too.

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 08:32 PM
AC/DC was #1 in 08, not metal but still pretty sweet. Anyways, this is sweet too.

That's not really that suprising if you ask me. AC/DC are probably one of the biggest rock bands in the US, along with Bon Jovi, Metallica, and the like. Maiden are still huge, but not quite up to their level (in popularity, of course), so for them to get number one would be very awesome indeed.

IrritatedTrout
08-18-2010, 08:47 PM
I enjoy some pop music so I'm not totally out of the loop but seriously, who the fuck is KEM?

elturtleboy
08-18-2010, 08:56 PM

thats still badass:rocker:

Travis The Dragon
08-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I enjoy some pop music so I'm not totally out of the loop but seriously, who the fuck is KEM?

KEM (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=KEM&btnG=Google+Search&fp=191cf18fb3017345)

davidis138
08-18-2010, 11:41 PM
fuck I need to get this album

mankvill
08-18-2010, 11:45 PM
That's not really that suprising if you ask me. AC/DC are probably one of the biggest rock bands in the US, along with Bon Jovi, Metallica, and the like. Maiden are still huge, but not quite up to their level (in popularity, of course), so for them to get number one would be very awesome indeed.

AC/DC has sold something like 150 - 200 million copies worldwide in their career.

Maiden is at 70 million and even Metallica is only at like 100 million.

TonyD
08-19-2010, 01:45 AM
I went to both Best Buy and Target today. Neither store had any copies. I guess I will go out to FYE tomorrow, as they've got to have it in.

:lol: CDs are dead.
Another apparently obligatory Maiden thread...
Anyway I'm glad it's not gonna be #1, just cause it will piss off Bruce.

Travis The Dragon
08-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Now this is ironic. When Maiden tours the USA, they play arenas. On Arcade Fire's upcoming tour, they're playing theaters and auditoriums, yet they're above Maiden here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/ref=pd_dp_ts_m_1

makethemsuffer12
08-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Now this is ironic. When Maiden tours the USA, they play arenas. On Arcade Fire's upcoming tour, they're playing theaters and auditoriums, yet they're above Maiden here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/ref=pd_dp_ts_m_1

Last time I checked, Arcade Fire were playing/played at Madison Square Garden.

DethMaiden
08-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Last time I checked, Arcade Fire were playing/played at Madison Square Garden.

Yep. And the big Seattle arena, at least. Probably others.

Fonzy, just let it fucking go. Lots of metal bands can't sell records. Record sales isn't sports. Who cares if anyone sells more than anyone. Arcade Fire are also good, too, sooooo.

Travis The Dragon
08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Ya, you're right. I should just be glad that Maiden is doing as well as they are. And to make things even better, Ozzy's Scream sold half as many albums as 2007's Black Rain while Maiden's sales have gone up every album since BNW.

makethemsuffer12
08-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Also, Arcade Fire are doing well right now because, well, they just appeal to more people. It doesn't mean that they are better than Maiden in any way, shape, or form (in our general opinions, at least).

DethMaiden
08-19-2010, 06:45 PM
I think it's a victory that a concept album by a dark indie rock band can debut at #1 over pop and rap and country records, too. Perhaps a bigger victory than Maiden's high chart position, even.

makethemsuffer12
08-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I think it's a victory that a concept album by a dark indie rock band can debut at #1 over pop and rap and country records, too. Perhaps a bigger victory than Maiden's high chart position, even.

It's the damn hipsters, man.

zgodt
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Also, Arcade Fire are doing well right now because, well, they just appeal to more people. It doesn't mean that they are better than Maiden in any way, shape, or form (in our general opinions, at least).

Of course it doesn't mean that.

But they are.

Dissimulate
08-19-2010, 09:07 PM

But they are.
ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME.

powerslave_85
08-19-2010, 09:10 PM
:lol:

Maiden33
08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
In typical fashion for when something like this happens, I have never heard of The Arcade Fire from anyone, anywhere - except this board, even though they're apparently popular.

zgodt
08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME.

I think your caps lock key might be stuck.

Either that or you're trying to make a point.

idrinkwine732
08-19-2010, 10:11 PM
In typical fashion for when something like this happens, I have never heard of The Arcade Fire from anyone, anywhere - except this board, even though they're apparently popular.

Yeah, it's a weird feeling...

TonyD
08-20-2010, 01:08 AM
ITT: metal fans dumb enough to pay for a CD based on a band name and a single.

DethMaiden
08-20-2010, 04:56 AM

I think you have to be seriously consciously avoiding knowing about music that you're not interested in to have never heard of Arcade Fire, the NUMBER ONE SELLING BAND IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW. You've never seen an ad on a sidebar for a website? Or seen them on The Daily Show? Or read a review from a site that doesn't exclusively review metal? I sort of doubt all that.

daimonos
08-20-2010, 06:17 AM
I had never heard of Arcade Fire until I saw they were playing at with KISS. And no, DethMaiden, I haven't seen anything about them. Frankly, I'm not interested.

makethemsuffer12
08-20-2010, 07:14 AM

But they are.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/Skyflyer231/lolwut.jpg

idrinkwine732
08-20-2010, 07:56 AM

I loved it the way any other album, or is it just as dumb to pay for a CD because you like the whole thing?

mankvill
08-20-2010, 08:08 AM
I loved it the way any other album, or is it just as dumb to pay for a CD because you like the whole thing?

he jus mad as hell cuz iron maiden stylin on him

Div
08-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I had never heard of Arcade Fire until I saw they were playing at with KISS. And no, DethMaiden, I haven't seen anything about them. Frankly, I'm not interested.

same :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
08-20-2010, 08:41 AM

Wait, what? Or they, you know, listened to the fucking leak, liked it, and bought the album (like they should no matter what band it its).

SomewhereInTime72
08-20-2010, 08:54 AM

-band produces 14 albums that I love
-hear 2 songs from 15th album, like them
-Assume it's not worth it to get the new album

...I'm sorry, what?

TonyD
08-20-2010, 11:29 AM
...so I was drunk last night. It's pretty obvious that I don't like the album, but regardless I think that sales will tail off quite a bit because the spot it earned on the charts it pretty much based on fanboyism.

IrritatedTrout
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Sales will tail off a lot. I'd say that's true of 99% of metal albums. Death Magnetic (and probably Black Ice) are the only albums I can think of in recent years where sales didn't drop like a rock after all the devoted fans bought their copies in the first week.

JLRedWing13
08-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Either way, it's pretty cool. They deserve it.

darkguardian50
08-21-2010, 04:02 AM
I think you have to be seriously consciously avoiding knowing about music that you're not interested in to have never heard of Arcade Fire, the NUMBER ONE SELLING BAND IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW. You've never seen an ad on a sidebar for a website? Or seen them on The Daily Show? Or read a review from a site that doesn't exclusively review metal? I sort of doubt all that.

I had never heard of them till I found out till they apparently played to more people than Soundgarden (how fucked up is that?) at Lolla. And why would I have, I don't frequent websites where I would see such banners, I only sporadically watch the daily show and most music reviews I listen to or read focus on fringe bands (be it metal, rock, jazz or blues). So in answer, yes.

SomewhereInTime72
08-21-2010, 10:59 AM

Haha. I do seriously avoid knowing about popular music, block all ads on websites, don't watch any tv, or really read non-metal reviews.

Aaaaaand I still know who the fuck Arcade Fire are. :lol:

Wizzbang11
08-21-2010, 11:18 AM

I have heard the name, but I could not tell you what genre of music they place or anything else about the band.

Sanitarium78
08-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I've never heard of The Arcade Fire before either. It's not that I make an effort to avoid what's topping the pop charts, it's the simple fact that I don't pay attention to it at all. I listen to what's on my iPOD/computer and in my car I usually listen to the local modern rock station or just hook my iPOD up to the stereo. So how exactly is someone suppose to know who they are if they're not listening to that type of music to begin with?

It's the same way a life long country or rap fan may not know who Metallica, Iron Maiden, Dio or Judas Priest are. They've never been a fan of the hard rock/metal genre so how would they be expected to know them?

Anyways good for Maiden if it's true they'll debut at number 3!!

DethMaiden
08-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I've never heard of The Arcade Fire before either. It's not that I make an effort to avoid pop music, it's the simple fact that I don't pay attention to it at all. I listen to what's on my iPOD/computer and in my car I usually listen to the local modern rock station or just hook my iPOD up to the stereo. So how exactly is someone suppose to know who they are if they're not listening to that type of music to begin with?

It's the same way a life long country or rap fan may not know who Metallica, Iron Maiden, Dio or Judas Priest are. They've never been a fan of the hard rock/metal genre so how would they be expected to know them?

I would expect anyone to have heard of at least Metallica and Iron Maiden, and probably Ozzy Osbourne too. Arcade Fire are that for indie. My opinion. Whatever. Move along.

Travis The Dragon
08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
TFF hit #1 in Sweden: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144886

mankvill
08-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Why listen to Arcade Fire when there's Pavement?

DethMaiden
08-21-2010, 01:34 PM

why listen to sleep when theres sabbath

point invalidated

mankvill
08-21-2010, 02:02 PM
why listen to sleep when theres sabbath

point invalidated

pffffffffffft

this nigga hasn't heard Pavement

zgodt
08-21-2010, 08:34 PM

Because Pavement is boring and Arcade Fire is not?

mankvill
08-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Because Pavement is boring and Arcade Fire is not?

you son of a bitch

I pay good money for this internet connection

I don't want to read bullshit like that

ravenheart
08-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Maiden #1 in Finland and UK, apparently.

JLRedWing13
08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
you son of a bitch

I pay good money for this internet connection

I don't want to read bullshit like that
:lol:

Travis The Dragon
08-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I sure hope we get the official announcement soon!

Northern_Shaman
08-25-2010, 05:43 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145069

Looks like Maiden reached #4 in the states.

...And got #1 in Canada :finger:. My country does not disappoint me.

Travis The Dragon
08-25-2010, 11:36 AM
63,000 and #4 is great! That's what Korn sold in the first week with their new album and that's with radio play. Maiden sold that many with NO radio play!

Sanitarium78
08-25-2010, 01:24 PM
63,000 and #4 is great! That's what Korn sold in the first week with their new album and that's with radio play. Maiden sold that many with NO radio play!

and because of NO RADIO PLAY! that's where the album sales will stay until they do a proper American tour to support it:lol:

All jokes aside that is very good for them. I would've been cool if they beat Eminem and whatever other garbage is above it but #4 is good thing for them in the US:party:

Travis The Dragon
08-25-2010, 02:23 PM
:party: #1 in 15 countries!!! (http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=20091.msg267149#msg267149) :party:

Travis The Dragon
08-26-2010, 12:59 PM
:lol: CDs are dead.
Another apparently obligatory Maiden thread...
Anyway I'm glad it's not gonna be #1, just cause it will piss off Bruce.

This is how pissed Bruce would be. (http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=20091.msg267571#msg267571)