PDA

View Full Version : Helmet & IntrOnaut

jhdeity
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Not sure if everyone heard but IntrOnaut has been added to the Helmet Tour along with Fight Amp. I was going for Helmet so this is a great bonus. Anyone every heard of Fight Amp?

TonyD
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Dates:

08 Sep
Sacramento, CA
Harlow's
Buy

10 Sep
Oakland, CA
Uptown Theater
Buy

11 Sep
San Jose, CA
Blank Club
Buy

13 Sep
Portland, OR
Dante's
Buy

15 Sep
Seattle, WA
Showbox at The Market
Buy

16 Sep
Vancouver, BC
The Venue
Buy

18 Sep
Edmonton, AB
The Starlite Room
Buy

19 Sep
Calgary, AB
Dickens' Pub
Buy

21 Sep
Casper, WY
Downtown Grill & Venue
Buy

23 Sep
Tempe, AZ
The Clubhouse
Buy

24 Sep
Anaheim, CA
The Galaxy
Buy

25 Sep
San Diego, CA
The Casbah
Buy

26 Sep
Redondo Beach, CA
BriXton
Buy

08 Oct
Denver, CO
Bluebird Theatre
Buy

09 Oct
Fort Collins, CO
Aggie Theatre
Buy

10 Oct
Omaha, NE
The Waiting Room
Buy

12 Oct
Chicago, IL
Double Door
Buy

13 Oct
Cleveland, OH
Peabody's
Buy

15 Oct
Columbus, OH
Skully's Music Center
Buy

16 Oct
Detroit, MI
Smalls
Buy

17 Oct
Toronto, ON
Lee's Palace
Buy

19 Oct
Montreal, QC
Studio JPR
Buy

20 Oct
Boston, MA
The Middle East
Buy

22 Oct
Baltimore, MD
Sonar
Buy

23 Oct
New York, NY
Gramercy Theatre
Buy

24 Oct
West Chester, PA
The Note
Buy

26 Oct
Charlotte, NC
Tremont Music Hall
Buy

29 Oct
Houston, TX
Scout Bar
Buy

30 Oct
Austin, TX
Red 7
Buy

31 Oct
Dallas, TX
The Loft
02 Nov
Albuquerque, NM
Launchpad
03 Nov
Tucson, AZ
Club Congress
05 Nov
Los Angeles, CA
Key Club

Derelict
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
The PA date is at Bam Margera's bar/club, and 15 mins from my house, and means I dont have to go into Philly for a show - tempting.

DisasterPiece120
08-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I saw Intronaut open for Mastodon, they were pretty good but idk if i wanna drive up to West Chester just to see them.

jhdeity
08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
My buddy who booked the show said IntrOnaut are getting 45 min and Helmet is playing 75 min. Def worth $20 to me. No one seems to know anything about the opener. Only getting 25 min anyway.

idrinkwine732
08-18-2010, 04:16 PM
21+ here

JLRedWing13
08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
October 16.....geez that weekend is busy.

TonyD
08-19-2010, 02:58 AM
The PA date is at Bam Margera's bar/club, and 15 mins from my house, and means I dont have to go into Philly for a show - tempting.

That finally explains why CKY has been playing there at least twice a year and have only been remotely close to the bay area once in the past 3 years.

Sorry about the poor formatting, but... fuck it.
Both bay area dates are 21+, I just saw Intronaut do a support set and Helmet... mehtal :rocker:

Derelict
08-19-2010, 06:08 AM
That finally explains why CKY has been playing there at least twice a year and have only been remotely close to the bay area once in the past 3 years.

Sorry about the poor formatting, but... fuck it.
Both bay area dates are 21+, I just saw Intronaut do a support set and Helmet... mehtal :rocker:

Yeah, the Note is his place, they've actually gotten some decent shows (like Clutch) there for being in the middle of nowhere. Also, Phil Margera is much, much fatter in person.

TonyD
08-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the Note is his place, they've actually gotten some decent shows (like Clutch) there for being in the middle of nowhere. Also, Phil Margera is much, much fatter in person.

:lol: maybe he just got fatter since they haven't been on TV for a while

Natrlhi
08-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyone every heard of Fight Amp?I have. They are a sludge / doom band from Jersey who are signed to Translation Loss (where IntrOnaut also used to be signed, hence the connection), and they're putting a new album out soon (a split with Kowloon Walled City and Ladder Devils). What I've heard of them has been pretty decent. They are really sludgy with some pretty heavy bottom end at times (although nowhere near as heavy a bottom end as IntrOnaut :eek:). They also have a fairly strong punk edge to a lot of their stuff as well. I think they'll be a pretty good fit on this ticket. I wouldn't mind seeing them live - I have a feeling I might grow to like them more.

IntrOnaut will knock your fucking socks off, though. I suggest familiarizing yourself with their material somewhat before going - it will make the live experience even better, I think. I suggest starting with their latest album Prehistoricisms and working your way backward.

jhdeity
08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
I have. They are a sludge / doom band from Jersey who are signed to Translation Loss (where IntrOnaut also used to be signed, hence the connection), and they're putting a new album out soon (a split with Kowloon Walled City and Ladder Devils). What I've heard of them has been pretty decent. They are really sludgy with some pretty heavy bottom end at times (although nowhere near as heavy a bottom end as IntrOnaut :eek:). They also have a fairly strong punk edge to a lot of their stuff as well. I think they'll be a pretty good fit on this ticket. I wouldn't mind seeing them live - I have a feeling I might grow to like them more.

IntrOnaut will knock your fucking socks off, though. I suggest familiarizing yourself with their material somewhat before going - it will make the live experience even better, I think. I suggest starting with their latest album Prehistoricisms and working your way backward.

Sweeet. Yeah I noticed IntrOnaut doesn't play much if anything off Void. I really dig Monolithic Vulgarity and the instrumental at the end. I bought Prehistoricisms last year (probably off of your list or recommendation) and liked it but never really got into it. Recently my ipod randomly grabbed The Reptilian Brain and totally blew my mind. The King Crimson and Tool influence was incredible. The more I listen to that cd I love it. I'm really looking forward to this show now. Someone on facebook sent me a link to a new track Elegy which is great too. I'm glad the new cd will be out by the time I see them. Would still love to hear something off Void but I'm guessing the odds are 5% at best...

Glad to hear about Fight Amp too. They should fit that bill nicely then. I saw the cd on ebay but the song titles and short song times had me thinking someone like Amen or something.

Natrlhi
08-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Dates:

13 Oct
Cleveland, OH
Peabody's
Fuckballs. This falls on the same night as Triptykon / 1349 / Yakuza at another smallish club not too far from Peabody's (i.e., The Grog Shop). I think I'm gonna have to end up waiting a little longer to see IntrOnaut again. :snivel:

idrinkwine732
08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Fuckballs. This falls on the same night as Triptykon / 1349 / Yakuza at another smallish club not too far from Peabody's (i.e., The Grog Shop). I think I'm gonna have to end up waiting a little longer to see IntrOnaut again. :snivel:

I liked seeing Intronaut, but I'm not going to run and go see them any time soon, and wouldn't dare skip Triptykon for them.