PDA

View Full Version : Like Thrash?

Elvenking
08-17-2010, 08:11 AM
I found this band a few months ago, Not the typical new wave, but hold a very high value to the old thrash that was so awesome with a new touch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ0buvbkHUk&feature=related

Motograter_Ghost
08-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Not bad, the music was good but the singer made me giggle. When he came on and said, "F*CK" it sounded more like he stubbed his toe than a statement...lol...there was some nice shredding in there tho :)

AnataFan4Life
08-17-2010, 08:50 AM
That was awesome, but nobody in the new thrash wave will ever be able to top these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl4X-nlZ8OU

:rocker:

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 08:51 AM
:lame:

Natrlhi
08-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Okay, a couple of clarifications here:

Based on what I heard, I wouldn't say Aggression are "like thrash", I would say they ARE thrash, and very clearly influenced by one of the founding fathers...Anthrax. Not too bad, for a small underground band (I assume this simply because I haven't heard of them or their label). EDIT: Oh, you meant "do you like thrash", didn't you? If that's the case, ignore the first part of my comment. :D
Vektor are indeed awesome. I am just starting to get into them now. Their primary influences are clearly Voivod and Destruction, two of my favorite thrash bands from "back in the day". The vocals are almost spot-on for Schmier in some cases...eery.
Don't forget that Skeletonwitch, Warbringer, Lazarus A.D. and a whole host of other neo-thrash bands are tearing shit up nowadays, too. Vektor is good, but I'm not yet convinced that they are the far-and-away leaders of the thrash revival scene...
makethemsuffer is a crotchety old fuck.

That is all.

mankvill
08-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Throwing in Fastkill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxnzvbdWEs

mankvill
08-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Vektor is good, but I'm not yet convinced that they are the far-and-away leaders of the thrash revival scene...

There is nothing about Vektor's sound that should have them included with thrash revival bands. They are progressive/technical thrash, and in my not-so-humble opinion, I think that Black Future is the best thrash metal album of the '00s by FAR.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Okay, a couple of clarifications here:

makethemsuffer is a crotchety old fuck.

That is all.

I'm only 17 :snivel:

I just thought it was the same rehashed thrash riffs with wannabe Zetro vocals on top of it... no thanks. They aren't bad by any means, but just so unoriginal and frankly, quite boring.

Also, I'm sick of all these revival bands writing thrash songs about... well, thrash.

DethMaiden
08-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Also, I'm sick of all these revival bands writing thrash songs about... well, thrash.

You didn't even have to get to those last three words and I'd agree with you.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
You didn't even have to get to those last three words and I'd agree with you.

It's not like all of the revival bands are bad. Warbringer, Municipal Waste, Lazarus A.D. (though I don't know if I would include them in this current revival movement), and some other bands are really some great stuff. But like most scenes, it's just become so overpopulated with bands doing the same exact shit as the next one.

Div
08-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Cmon you guys, its not even close to april fools day

mankvill
08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
As long as you nigs don't lump Vektor in with nu-thrash.

That's like comparing a 5-star restaurant to McDonald's.

idrinkwine732
08-17-2010, 01:02 PM

:D:cool::)

treghet
08-17-2010, 01:11 PM

I think of it this way. Vektor is a newer band, and they play thrash (although a progressive form of it), so they're in that category. Putting them in that group should not be degrading, even if there are a lot of boring bands in it. Why? Well think of all those boring bands as McDonald's. Then think of Vektor as In-N-Out. Unless you've been to California, I doubt you've had In-N-Out, but I assure you, it's some of the best fast food you will ever have.

larvtard
08-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I think of it this way. Vektor is a newer band, and they play thrash (although a progressive form of it), so they're in that category. Putting them in that group should not be degrading, even if there are a lot of boring bands in it. Why? Well think of all those boring bands as McDonald's. Then think of Vektor as In-N-Out. Unless you've been to California, I doubt you've had In-N-Out, but I assure you, it's some of the best fast food you will ever have.

Nu thrash does not include all new thrash bands.
Nu thrash = conspicuously recycled thrash riffs

mankvill
08-17-2010, 01:34 PM

I saw an In-N-Out in Las Vegas, but I didn't go.

;_;

mankvill
08-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Nu thrash does not include all new thrash bands.
Nu thrash = conspicuously recycled thrash riffs

There's a difference between new thrash and nu-thrash.

I love nu-thrash though. :D

SomewhereInTime72
08-17-2010, 01:36 PM
This is now a fast food thread.

I went to a Sonic for the first time a few weeks ago. It was alright.

DethMaiden
08-17-2010, 01:39 PM
This is now a fast food thread.

I went to a Sonic for the first time a few weeks ago. It was alright.

Lies. Sonic sucks.

Culver's is the only burgers-n'-fries fast food that I like. Taco Bell rules, though.

daimonos
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Taco Bell

:tpaper:

idrinkwine732
08-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I had White Castle for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

larvtard
08-17-2010, 01:45 PM
There's a difference between new thrash and nu-thrash.

Exactly, nu=recycled, new=not old

mankvill
08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I had White Castle for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

P: I only get those frozen, but they're still awesome.

Man, I really want some Five Guys now.

Also: is In-N-Out really that good? :O

IrritatedTrout
08-17-2010, 02:01 PM

Those are some good burgers, Walter.

http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/The-Big-Lebowski_Steve-Buscemi_orange-shirt.bmp.jpg

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 02:04 PM

Everyone around here raves about Five Guys, but I've never had it before. Is it as good as everyone says?

I've had fast food 6 times within the last two weeks (White Castle, KFC three times, Wendy's twice)... :crosseyed

larvtard
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Everyone around here raves about Five Guys, but I've never had it before. Is it as good as everyone says?

The first time I had one of their burgers I thought it was the best burger I'd ever had. I've eaten there about ten times since. They've gone downhill every time.
Don't get me wrong, they're good, but they're not amazing, and they're pretty overpriced too. And their fries are terribly inconsistent.

Derelict
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM

I've had fast food 6 times within the last two weeks (White Castle, KFC three times, Wendy's twice)... :crosseyed

Dude, how's your colon after all that?

mankvill
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM

Yes. Their burgers are fantastic and only increase in quality everytime I get them.

Awesome fries, too.

Prepare for a fuckton of food if you eat there.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Dude, how's your colon after all that?

Still intact, suprisingly.

Mmmmm, I'd sure like some BK right about now.

rjturtle9
08-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Vektor>Most new thrash bands

In n' Out>All other fast food places.

That is all.

treghet
08-17-2010, 02:42 PM

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/innout-thumb-480x329.jpg

Yes. Next time you're on the west coast you better go to one.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I had A&W once in Toronto. Shit was mad good.

mastodon421
08-17-2010, 02:59 PM

Five Guys is pretty damn good. A little bit overrated but still quite tasty.

Div
08-17-2010, 03:31 PM
ok let me lay down some ground rules here.

first of all, ALL mexican fast food sucks. every time im in the car and someone goes and orders taco bell it smells like a rotting animal and tastes 3 times as nasty.

next we have to agree that the big burger joints all suck, except wendys. ever go to a mcdonalds at 1:30 in the morning? its disgusting what they give you and call "food".

now if you want some good food look for local places. around here we have a place called 25 burgers, they sell burgers, 25 different ones to be exact. my favorite is the bacon bleu cheese with fried onions and chipotle sauce :drool:

and of course there's the grease trucks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z80aqqbG3c)

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Hmm, liking this. That's another new thrash band to add to the collection. Not quite up to the standards of Suicidal Angels and Angelus Apatrida, but still good.

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
I just thought it was the same rehashed thrash riffs with wannabe Zetro vocals on top of it... no thanks. They aren't bad by any means, but just so unoriginal and frankly, quite boring.

These are better than that. But this description does encompass and awful lot of bands.

This too.

mankvill
08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
ok let me lay down some ground rules here.

first of all, ALL mexican fast food sucks. every time im in the car and someone goes and orders taco bell it smells like a rotting animal and tastes 3 times as nasty.

next we have to agree that the big burger joints all suck, except wendys. ever go to a mcdonalds at 1:30 in the morning? its disgusting what they give you and call "food".

now if you want some good food look for local places. around here we have a place called 25 burgers, they sell burgers, 25 different ones to be exact. my favorite is the bacon bleu cheese with fried onions and chipotle sauce :drool:

and of course there's the grease trucks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z80aqqbG3c)

I think Taco Bell can be okay once in a while. I definitely usually hit up the local taco place though, especially since it's open til 3 AM.

I prefer Burger King > MccyD's, but most of our local places that have burgers aren't "fast food".

Div
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I think Taco Bell can be okay once in a while. I definitely usually hit up the local taco place though, especially since it's open til 3 AM.

I prefer Burger King > MccyD's, but most of our local places that have burgers aren't "fast food".

WAT R U DOING AT TACO BELL AT 3AM MANKVILL

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5682/lol16727.jpg

mankvill
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
I meant the local taco place is open til 3 AM!

Although I did go to Taco Bell a few nights ago and the people in front of me ordered $30 WORTH OF FUCKING TACO BELL #STONERALERT

powerslave_85
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/innout-thumb-480x329.jpg

Yes. Next time you're on the west coast you better go to one.Goddamn you. I've been craving In-N-Out all week and you had to go and do that :hmm: Luckily, I'll be in Tucson next month and I'll be able to get a fix.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
next we have to agree that the big burger joints all suck, except wendys.

http://megroberts.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/burger-king.jpg

I'm sorry, what did you say?

Wendy's is great, but my main problem with them is that their fries are mad inconsistent. Their burgers, on the other hand :drool: The Baconator is godly.

mastodon421
08-17-2010, 04:48 PM

Wendy's is great, but my main problem with them is that their fries are mad inconsistent. Their burgers, on the other hand :drool: The Baconator is godly.

I'm with you 100% on this.

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
The Baconator

Is this a joke?

Derelict
08-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Is this a joke?

No

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 05:00 PM
No

Oh. Dear.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh. Dear.

http://foodcourtlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/baconator.jpg

ravenheart
08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
I like the slogan, but seriously. Sometimes you people do nothing to avoid the stereotype, do you? ;)

Div
08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
>ravenheart secretly wishing he could try the baconator

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
I like the slogan, but seriously. Sometimes you people do nothing to avoid the stereotype, do you? ;)

Well it's a goddamn delicious stereotype, you tea whore :finger:

mankvill
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I had whatever the bacon thing was called at Wendy's and it was horrendous. I love bacon cheeseburgers, but that was just snot and cardboard on a bun with meat.

Wizzbang11
08-17-2010, 06:19 PM
99% of new (not just nu) thrash metal is FUCKING AWFUL.
I'm even sick of Municipal Waste, and have finally caved into the "yeah, Toxic Holocaust kinda sold out" argument that I have been disagreeing with since the release of Overdose.
There are some amazing thrash bands out there these days and no one gives a fuck. I don't want all the nu-thrash scenesters into them, but christ, the lack of support has caused multiple of them to break up without even releasing a proper amount of material.
Bastardator (RIP), Abigail, Evil Damn, Bludwulf, Children of Technology, Funerot (RIP), Inepsy and Tiger Junkies (as well as many other metal/punk band) are thousands of times better, even at replicating the true 80's sound than all these shitty/clean/trendy thrash band everyone is jizzing over.
Nu-thrash is just the worst. Gah.

Indestructible
08-17-2010, 06:24 PM

I have recently decided to avoid all fast food.

mankvill
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
waaaaahhhh

yeah you a beeitch. *blasts the new Bonded By Blood in your face*

Wizzbang11
08-17-2010, 06:34 PM
yeah you a beeitch. *blasts the new Bonded By Blood in your face*

I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN DOWNLOAD THE COT ALBUM I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU TO GET FOR AGES DID YOU JACKSON :bawling:

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I have recently decided to avoid all fast food.

Well aren't you special?

mankvill
08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN DOWNLOAD THE COT ALBUM I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU TO GET FOR AGES DID YOU JACKSON :bawling:

NO I TOLD YOU FROM THE BEGINNING WHEN I GET A LIST OF STUFF TO DOWNLOAD IT TAKES ME A LONG TIME!

Derelict
08-17-2010, 07:00 PM

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2370/awesomefunnyphotos33.jpg (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/awesomefunnyphotos33.jpg/)

treghet
08-17-2010, 08:29 PM
WAT R U DOING AT TACO BELL AT 3AM MANKVILL

Oh god... I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

rjturtle9
08-18-2010, 01:14 AM
:lol: at both directions the thread has taken.

Elvenking
08-18-2010, 05:16 AM
^ Seriously. I guess music and fast food go hand in hand all too well.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Dude, guys, come on. How is Culver's not the best?

http://www.culversaurora.com/images/culversAurora.jpg

Derelict
08-18-2010, 07:51 AM

That looks like about 6,000 calories of pure deliciousness

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 07:53 AM
That looks like about 6,000 calories of pure deliciousness

Dude, it's SO good. The fries aren't pictured but they're my favorite fries period, fast food or otherwise. I never really gave them the time of day until my brother started working there like 2.5 years ago, and now I have it whenever I'm feeling a burger.

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 08:12 AM

I've never even heard of them, but goddamn does that burger look heart-stoppingly good!

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
I haven't been to the east coast or midwest in years, so unfortunately I've never had Five Guys or Culver's. Both look pretty great, though, and I'd love to go there.

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Jesus fuck I just had about 2 heart attacks.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 10:27 AM
How do we go from thrash to fast food. Ill take thrash metal over fast food any day.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 10:28 AM
How do we go from thrash to fast food. Ill take thrash metal over fast food any day.

Good call bro. They pump it full of fluoride to dull your brain so they can maintain the fascist status quo or something.

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Good call bro. They pump it full of fluoride to dull your brain so they can maintain the fascist status quo or something.

Thrash metal, that is.

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 10:32 AM

Judging on photos I've seen of you, I would've thought the opposite...

/being an asshole.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Thrash metal, that is.

Naturally. Thought that was clear.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 10:34 AM

Actually the fluoride is in the tap water.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Judging on photos I've seen of you, I would've thought the opposite...

/being an asshole.

Well it was a recent decsion of mine to abandon fast food and get healthy. Ill post links later to what made me stop eating fast food.

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Well it was a recent decsion of mine to abandon fast food and get healthy. Ill post links later to what made me stop eating fast food.

THE GOVERNMENT CONTROLS MCDONALDS!

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 10:57 AM

Unless you post something so dumb that I'll feel stupid for saying this, that really is an awesome call.

Things I've quit recently (in a response to my weight spiking this summer):
-Soda
-Fast food
-Anything Fried

I'm just not going to have any of those until I'm, say, 40 pounds lighter than I am now and I'm totally not used to having them anyway. :hmm:

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Actually the fluoride is in the tap water.
"Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence."

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Unless you post something so dumb that I'll feel stupid for saying this, that really is an awesome call.

Things I've quit recently (in a response to my weight spiking this summer):
-Soda
-Fast food
-Anything Fried

I'm just not going to have any of those until I'm, say, 40 pounds lighter than I am now and I'm totally not used to having them anyway. :hmm:

Soda is fine. So is fried food just consume them in moderation. Just buy meat from tops and cook it yourself. Better than anything fast food places will give you.

Derelict
08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
"Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence."

Such a great movie.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Such a great movie.

What movie is that from.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
What movie is that from.
Dr. Strangelove (Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb). One of the greatest movies of the 20th century. Watch it.

mankvill
08-18-2010, 11:49 AM

CULVER'S IS FUCKING BEAST AS FUCK. I have been craving that shit for a couple days now.

:drool:

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Soda is fine.

It really isn't. Just a bunch of useless sugar and calories. Soda is a big weakness of mine, so thank God for Diet Mountain Dew (though it isn't particularly healthy, either).

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Soda is fine. So is fried food just consume them in moderation. Just buy meat from tops and cook it yourself. Better than anything fast food places will give you.

Even in moderation Soda is bad. Just one soda per week is about 9000 extra calories a year that you really didn't need. Same goes for the other stuff.

Div
08-18-2010, 12:19 PM
learning to cook is a good idea tho. girls and friends will be impressed. you dont have to kill yourself either, a good steak with peppers and onions and a side of sweet potatoes with a bottle of wine makes a great meal.

BTW

http://www.peterluger.com/images/item-th-sauce.jpg

Div
08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
It really isn't. Just a bunch of useless sugar and calories. Soda is a big weakness of mine, so thank God for Diet Mountain Dew (though it isn't particularly healthy, either).

Even in moderation Soda is bad. Just one soda per week is about 9000 extra calories a year that you really didn't need. Same goes for the other stuff.

Yea soda really is totally unnecessary. i personally only drink mostly water, wouldnt you rather use those calories on some delicious food instead of just drinking it? sometimes i want a dr pepper or something but ill usually just drink a few sips to satisfy the craving and then throw it away.

Derelict
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
learning to cook is a good idea tho. girls and friends will be impressed. you dont have to kill yourself either, a good steak with peppers and onions and a side of sweet potatoes with a bottle of wine makes a great meal.

BTW

http://www.peterluger.com/images/item-th-sauce.jpg

also, pretty much anything you make is going to be healthier than any food you get at a restaraunt.

eatthis.menshealth.com - some great info here

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Yep. Even worse if you get the big drink sizes at a fast food place. It's all diet soda for me. Yeah, there are probably some concerns about the stuff that's in that, but most of it is conflicting info, whereas I KNOW the calories and sugar in regular soda are bad for me.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 12:36 PM

Drink regular soda in moderation if you dont want to drink it often:D Sugar and calories are good and will help the body:D One bottle or two bottles of regular soda wont hurt:D I stay away from any drink that is diet I personally like my body to be free of aspartame:D

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Yep. Even worse if you get the big drink sizes at a fast food place. It's all diet soda for me. Yeah, there are probably some concerns about the stuff that's in that, but most of it is conflicting info, whereas I KNOW the calories and sugar in regular soda are bad for me.

The aspartame in the diet soda is worse for you than any sugar and calories. Aspartame is a poison.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
learning to cook is a good idea tho. girls and friends will be impressed.

Im glad im becoming a chef.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 12:43 PM
The aspartame in the diet soda is worse for you than any sugar and calories. Aspartame is a poison.
Um, no.

The artificial sweetener aspartame has been the subject of several controversies and hoaxes since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974. Critics allege that conflicts of interest marred the FDA's approval of aspartame, question the quality of the initial research supporting its safety,[41][42][43] and postulate that numerous health risks may be associated with aspartame.

The validity of these claims has been examined and dismissed.[44][45][46] In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.[41][47] Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide,[48][49] with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut".[50] The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.[3]

Div
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Drink regular soda in moderation if you dont want to drink it often:D Sugar and calories are good and will help the body:D One bottle or two bottles of regular soda wont hurt:D I stay away from any drink that is diet I personally like my body to be free of aspartame:D

your body pretty much converts everything you eat into sugar when its digested, but you really arent designed to handle the huge amount that is in soda. think about it, in nature you really only find pure sugar in fruit, but nowadays its added to practically everything.

sugar drives insulin which drives fat production and inflammation and will eventually lead to type II diabetes. its also addictive, try going a week without eating anything sweet.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Besides, the stuff in soda isn't even real sugar, it's HFCS.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Besides, the stuff in soda isn't even real sugar, it's HFCS.

Which, if you've tried to drink that Mountain Dew Throwback shit, is much tastier than real sugar. :lol:

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
your body pretty much converts everything you eat into sugar when its digested, but you really arent designed to handle the huge amount that is in soda. think about it, in nature you really only find pure sugar in fruit, but nowadays its added to practically everything.

sugar drives insulin which drives fat production and inflammation and will eventually lead to type II diabetes. its also addictive, try going a week without eating anything sweet.

Sugar can lead to things like diabites but you have to eat sugar and other junk in excessive amounts.

Seriously stay away from any drink that is diet aspartam is a big no. its a poison. Might sound outragouse but i belive it to be true.

Derelict
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Which, if you've tried to drink that Mountain Dew Throwback shit, is much tastier than real sugar. :lol:

The mountain dew throwback is horrid, but there's a couple brands that use real sugar exclusively (Boylan's and Jones sodas come to mind), and those are both FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I've never tried that, but every other soda I've had that has real cane sugar (Mexican Coca Cola, various "craft" sodas) is far superior to the HFCS variety.

EDIT: Boylan's Black Cherry Soda is the best black cherry soda I've ever had. Holy shit is that stuff good.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 12:53 PM
The mountain dew throwback is horrid, but there's a couple brands that use real sugar exclusively (Boylan's and Jones sodas come to mind), and those are both FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Oh, well Jones is the shit, but I think it's because Jones is supposed to taste like it does, whereas I've gotten used to Mt. Dew and Pepsi in their HFCS versions, so the throwback shit sucks.

Not that I should be drinking soda at all. :snivel:

Derelict
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
I've never tried that, but every other soda I've had that has real cane sugar (Mexican Coca Cola, various "craft" sodas) is far superior to the HFCS variety.

Yep - Jones is awesome too cause they have a ton of varieties, wierd stuff like Blue Rasperry, etc.

On a side note, the mountain dew in finland is fucking terrible.

The boylan's vanilla creme is incredible too

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Is Mountain Dew throwback really that bad? I've had Pepsi throwback and I thought it was quite delicious.

Well now that this has turned into a soda discussion, what is everyone's thought on Coke Zero/Pepsi Max?

ravenheart
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Wait, come now, I find it hard to believe that Indestructible could be wrong about something.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Well now that this has turned into a soda discussion, what is everyone's thought on Coke Zero/Pepsi Max?Coke Zero, along with Diet Dr. Pepper, is probably my favorite soda.

Derelict
08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
My favorite "regular" soda is regular mountain dew, but i try to avoid that....sigh.

Derelict
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Wait, come now, I find it hard to believe that Indestructible could be wrong about something.

It happens occasionally.

Div
08-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Is Mountain Dew throwback really that bad? I've had Pepsi throwback and I thought it was quite delicious.

Well now that this has turned into a soda discussion, what is everyone's thought on Coke Zero/Pepsi Max?

cant stand diet/fake soda. tastes like shit, so id rather just have regular stuff. but for people who like to actually drink it more than once a month i can see how diet soda can be a godsend.

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 01:09 PM
This is the good stuff.
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt136/greendayfan5551/mtnd.jpg

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
cant stand diet/fake soda. tastes like shit, so id rather just have regular stuff. but for people who like to actually drink it more than once a month i can see how diet soda can be a godsend.

Diet Mountain Dew happens to be fucking awesome. It actually tastes like Mountain Dew, unlike Diet Coke compared to regular Coke.

rjturtle9
08-18-2010, 03:37 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/rjturtle9/img-thing.jpg

Nothing beats this. NOTHING!

mastodon421
08-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Mountain Dew is my favorite soda. The new Mountain Dew Voltage does come close though.

SomewhereInTime72
08-18-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.bevnet.com/bestof2007/images/Best%20Non-Carbonated/Arizona_BlackWhiteIcedTea.jpg

FUCK YEAH.

mankvill
08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
fuckhueg image (http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_full_throttle.jpg)

"omg tahts so bad for you a-bloo bloo bloo"

Man up you fucking pussy, this shit is amazing and I drink this with dinner like a fine wine.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Ugh, Full Throttle is one of the worst energy drinks. Sugar Free Red Bull or Monster, plz.

Div
08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Ugh, Full Throttle is one of the worst energy drinks. Sugar Free Red Bull or Monster, plz.

you like monster too? boy, have i got a treat for you

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3470/1248758961319.jpg

Indestructible
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
you like monster too? boy, have i got a treat for you

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3470/1248758961319.jpg

Monsters make me feel like shit. I had a monster last august and I will never have a monster again.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 05:52 PM
you like monster too? boy, have i got a treat for youIt took me a second...

treghet
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
You guys don't know what energy drinks are.

http://fitness.vpxsports.com/Portals/75121/images//redline-xtreme.jpg

mankvill
08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Y'all sum fake ass niggas who hate on Full Throttle.

Crionics
08-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Red Bull's the only energy drink that I drink...and I havn't had one in atleast 3 months :eyes:

idrinkwine732
08-18-2010, 08:00 PM
The retailer note on those coupons says, and I quote:

"Open the fucking bag and put the money in or mark my words your brains will be decorating the walls. This is not a joke. Say a word and get your head ventilated."

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 08:17 PM
The retailer note on those coupons says, and I quote:

"Open the fucking bag and put the money in or mark my words your brains will be decorating the walls. This is not a joke. Say a word and get your head ventilated."
http://www.neg9.com/debunk/thats_the_joke.jpg

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Fuck energy drinks. Seriously, I don't understand how people actually drink that shit.

IrritatedTrout
08-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Fuck energy drinks. Seriously, I don't understand how people actually drink that shit.

Same.

Derelict
08-18-2010, 09:55 PM

Used to like that stuff til I had a red bull and vodka hangover. Never again

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 09:58 PM
They're great during the summer when I need a morning caffeine boost and it's too hot for me to want coffee.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 09:58 PM
They're great during the summer when I need a morning caffeine boost and it's too hot for me to want coffee.

Does that happen in Alaska?

treghet
08-18-2010, 10:01 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 10:03 PM
It was in the low to mid 80's a couple days ago. Pretty humid too.

es156
08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Should I change the title of this thread?

:lol:

mankvill
08-18-2010, 11:45 PM
LOL @ drinking energy drinks for the energy.

Scrubs.

rjturtle9
08-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Too many threads have going very different directions lately.

:eyes:

makethemsuffer12
08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
From new thrash bands to fast food, then to soda, and then to energy drinks. I think we've outdone ourselves this time :lol:

Crionics
08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
From new thrash bands to fast food, then to soda, and then to energy drinks. I think we've outdone ourselves this time :lol:

:horns:

SomewhereInTime72
08-19-2010, 09:54 AM
This thread is now about thread derailment.

Always fun when that happens right!

makethemsuffer12
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
This thread is now about thread derailment.

Always fun when that happens right!

Sure is!

Now how many of y'all been to meatspin.com before?

Natrlhi
08-19-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm only 17 :snivel:Your crotchety-ness makes you seem so much older. ;)

I just thought it was the same rehashed thrash riffs with wannabe Zetro vocals on top of it... no thanks. They aren't bad by any means, but just so unoriginal and frankly, quite boring.Agreed.

There is nothing about Vektor's sound that should have them included with thrash revival bands. They are progressive/technical thrashThat's basically what I was trying to say.

I think that Black Future is the best thrash metal album of the '00s by FAR.It's damn fucking good, there's no doubt about that. :rocker:

EDIT: What was all that shit from the middle of page two to here, anyways? Did some of you fucks forget to take your ADHD meds or what?!?

makethemsuffer12
08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
EDIT: What was all that shit from the middle of page two to here, anyways? Did some of you fucks forget to take your ADHD meds or what?!?

I happen to not take meds for it, thank you very much.

mastodon421
08-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Am I the only one that actually likes the taste of most energy drinks? I drink them all the time.

Indestructible
08-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Am I the only one that actually likes the taste of most energy drinks? I drink them all the time.

I like the taste they just make me feel like shit. Only monster makes me feel like shit. Ive tried jolt,rockstar energy,amp and 5hr energy they taste fine but they dont give me energy or anything.

Derelict
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM

Honestly, smelling one turns my stomach (damn hangovers)

mankvill
08-19-2010, 12:31 PM

:fist:

I love drinking Full Throttle with food.

idrinkwine732
08-19-2010, 01:48 PM

Hey! Just because I for-squirrel!

InPatient5100
08-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Hey! Just because I for-squirrel!

Ahh keep drinkin man!