PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival -- Oklahoma City, OK -- August 14th, 2010

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Winds of Plague was alot better than I thought they would be. I enjoyed them and would prolly go see them again. :horns:

3 Inches of Blood I didn't really care for, :rolleyes: the 80's called and it wants its voice back. The only band with an 80's sounding vocalist I will go see is DragonForce and thats only bc their guitarist has some pretty serious skills.

Shadows Fall was amazing and alot of fun, :blaze: damn his dreds are getting long.

I was disappointed in In This Moment, she wasnt as hot as I wanted her to be and I had hoped her performance would make up for that....it didnt. She can scream but thats about it. :lame:

I'm ashamed to say it :eyes: but Atreyu wasn't that bad, I don't particularly like thier music but they did have good energy on stage and a couple of my friends dig 'em so it was nice to see them enjoy a band they like.

Chimaira was good, :flame: they seemed to pick up more energy as the set went along. They did really good with what small stage they had to work with and same goes for Hatebreed.

Hatebreed brought real good energy :bowdown: and "Destroy Everything" was awsome however I was a lil disappointed they didnt play "Defeatist" but oh well.

Five Finger Death Punch owned! :rocker: Ivan did very good at keeping the crowd pumped. He brough out this big sign that said "F*CK" and told us about the fines if they "Fuckin' get caught cussing, what's up with that shit?" :fingers: very funny. They bring it live everytime. Zoltan was amazing as always :shred: They had great energy even tho I could tell Ivan was pissed about not being able to cuss he didnt take it out on the crowd and still gave it his all. He threw waters to the crowd as it was so flippin hot he knew we needed it. :heat: He hollered out, "Hey security, you need to be nicer to these kids, they came here to have a good time." That was cool, Ivan rocks it out on stage and has time to show he actually cares for his crowd. The music was incedible, there is not many bands that sound better live than in the studio and they are one of those few. They are well worth seein again and again. :lovedup:

I didnt get to see much of Lamb as a couple of the girls that came with me started feeling sick :hecho: so we left early but I'll see them some other time I only really wanted to hear 2 songs from them anyway and turns out one of them they didnt even play. Zombie I've already seen before, he puts on an amazing show. :naughty: Korn I dont care for, I hear they bring it live and I would have liked to see just out of curiousity but I'd rather be a good friend so we made our way home. Up next on the agenda is Uproar Festival

mankvill
08-15-2010, 01:37 PM
no

Wizzbang11
08-15-2010, 01:44 PM
troll?

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
no? troll? wha??

bt11763
08-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Winds of Plague was alot better than I thought they would be. I enjoyed them and would prolly go see them again. :horns:

3 Inches of Blood I didn't really care for, :rolleyes: the 80's called and it wants its voice back. The only band with an 80's sounding vocalist I will go see is DragonForce and thats only bc their guitarist has some pretty serious skills.

I'm ashamed to say it :eyes: but Atreyu wasn't that bad, I don't particularly like thier music but they did have good energy on stage and a couple of my friends dig 'em so it was nice to see them enjoy a band they like.

Five Finger Death Punch owned! :rocker: Ivan did very good at keeping the crowd pumped. He brough out this big sign that said "F*CK" and told us about the fines if they "Fuckin' get caught cussing, what's up with that shit?" :fingers: very funny. They bring it live everytime. Zoltan was amazing as always :shred: They had great energy even tho I could tell Ivan was pissed about not being able to cuss he didnt take it out on the crowd and still gave it his all. He threw waters to the crowd as it was so flippin hot he knew we needed it. :heat: He hollered out, "Hey security, you need to be nicer to these kids, they came here to have a good time." That was cool, Ivan rocks it out on stage and has time to show he actually cares for his crowd. The music was incedible, there is not many bands that sound better live than in the studio and they are one of those few. They are well worth seein again and again. :lovedup:

I didnt get to see much of Lamb as a couple of the girls that came with me started feeling sick so we left early

Up next on the agenda is Uproar Festival

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/islamic_rage_boy.jpg

makethemsuffer12
08-15-2010, 02:10 PM
http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/islamic_rage_boy.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I <3 U.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 02:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I <3 U.

awww i <3 U 2 :):):):):):):):):):):)

metallicbrian666
08-15-2010, 02:24 PM
3 Inches of Blood I didn't really care for

DragonForce and thats only bc their guitarist has some pretty serious skills.

In This Moment...She can scream

Atreyu wasn't that bad

Five Finger Death Punch owned................:lovedup:

Up next on the agenda is Uproar Festival

:headoff: :crash: :chair: :bricks: :axe:

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 02:41 PM
You would think I had given Suicide Silence good reviews to get this kind of treatment or somethin....OUCH

bt11763
08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
You would think I had given Suicide Silence good reviews to get this kind of treatment or somethin....OUCH

Fact:
I enjoy Suicide Silence far more than Five Finger Donkey Punch

http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/haters_gonna_hate1.gif

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 02:50 PM
The people that don't like FFDP REALLY don't like them and the people that do REALLY do. They have goood energy live, they care about their crowd, musically they are talented so I can't seem to wrap my mind around why the people that hate them hate them SO much?? I just don't get it....

300%_Density
08-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Generally I would be upset that somebody posted the same show after I did and that it got more posts than my original one....... And yet this time around I'm actually ok about that in this instance.

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 03:08 PM
So, apparently none of you like FFDP but none of you will zip up your vagina's and tell me why. I stand behind my opinion then....

mankvill
08-15-2010, 03:19 PM
So, apparently none of you like FFDP but none of you will zip up your vagina's and tell me why. I stand behind my opinion then....

*zips up my vagina*

They are shit. They are generic hard rock that a million other bands on the radio play. They have a tough guy attitude that is annoying and their music and lyrics are only to appeal to the UFC bro crowd.

But really, they're just generic, and being generic and generic radio rock is horrible.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 03:20 PM

it's because they suck.

boom roasted.

mankvill
08-15-2010, 03:21 PM
they suck.

boom roasted.

:fist:

bt11763
08-15-2010, 03:23 PM

thank you for reminding me of how great of a line that is, btw.

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I still like their music. I will admit I'm a bit sheltered which is why I started reading these forums. Im just starting to experiment with all diff types of music and listen not just to the vocals and lyrics but the music. I do enjoy FFDP and not ashamed to say it but if you guys have any idea or opinions on what isn't "shit" I would be more than happy to listen to it..who knows I might like it too :)

treghet
08-15-2010, 03:32 PM
I still like their music. I will admit I'm a bit sheltered which is why I started reading these forums. Im just starting to experiment with all diff types of music and listen not just to the vocals and lyrics but the music. I do enjoy FFDP and not ashamed to say it but if you guys have any idea or opinions on what isn't "shit" I would be more than happy to listen to it..who knows I might like it too :)

I recommend looking through the Now Playing thread (http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14051). There are too many good bands to just list for you without any idea of what you want.

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you

mankvill
08-15-2010, 03:34 PM

You've compelted step 1 of "How Not To Be A Douche On Metalsetlists.com": Don't get uppity when someone doesn't like a band you like.

You're well on your way, Motograter. :)

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I didn't get uppity, you guys attacked my post, I just wanted to know why such harsh feelings, that's all. I'm open to any opinions but I'm not the kinda poser that's just gonna change what I like to listen to just because someone else doesn't like it. Heck some people like Kid Rock and Nickleback, Hinder, freakin whats that other crap band, um Buckcherry..ugh seriously but I don't attack them over it, I just don't say anything and then when they're not looking laugh and point :)

mankvill
08-15-2010, 03:47 PM
no i mean you DIDN'T get uppity

dammit!

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh...lol. So thanx all for the hazing I guess :D

The_jman
08-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh...lol. So thanx all for the hazing I guess :D
I happen to like FFDP too, I just don't like to advertise it around here, you now know why, lol.

Motograter_Ghost
08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
I appriciate you admiting it now so I don't feel so alone :)

Axis_Of_Metal
08-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Better to just discuss then bitch, don't be afraid you like what you like

The_jman
08-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Better to just discuss then bitch, don't be afraid you like what you like
this is true, I'm not ashamed, but sometimes its better to not get flamed... not that I've had that much of a problem with it here, but still. hahaha

Elvenking
08-15-2010, 06:40 PM
The only band with an 80's sounding vocalist I will go see is DragonForce and thats only bc their guitarist has some pretty serious skills.

Just becuase of posts like this, I think I have more respect for toto then DF

bt11763
08-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Just becuase of posts like this, I think I have more respect for toto then DF

i feel the rains down in aaaaaaaaaaafricaaaaaaaaaaaa

anyway, good for you moto, step one of your initiation is complete.

neck666face
08-15-2010, 10:18 PM
you watch your mouth
and tie a belt around your head
3iob will blow your brain balls

mankvill
08-15-2010, 10:34 PM
you watch your mouth

Not quite a haiku

But I'll take it.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 10:36 PM
you watch your mouth

ricky4502
08-16-2010, 08:43 AM

l

Wow... Hatebreed, FFDP, Atreyu, Chimaira and In This Moment are what's wrong with today's metal. 3 Inches Of Blood is the only good band in this years lineup so I didn't bother going. So what if their vocalist sounds like he's stuck in the 80's... that's when metal was as it's best and they just wanted to bring back that sound. But that's just me, I hate all that fucking metalcore and nu metal crap. I probably wouldn't mind seeing Shadows Fall though, I kinda dig their music, not the vocals