PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest -- San Bernardino, CA -- August 14th, 2010

andrew_metalhead
08-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I'll post more content as and when I have it.

Ozzy:
Bark at the Moon
Let Me Hear You Scream
Mr. Crowley
Fairies Wear Boots
Suicide Solution
Road To Nowhere
Shot In The Dark
Guitar/bass/drum solos & jam
Iron Man
Killer Of Giants
Fire In The Sky
I Don't Want to Change the World
I Don't Know
Paranoid
Encore:
Crazy Train (with Yuto Miyazawa)

Exodus:
1. The Ballad Of Leonard And Charles
2. Beyond The Pale
3. A Lesson In Violence
4. Strike Of The Beast
5. The Toxic Waltz
6. Good Riddance

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Motley Crue

Kick Start My Heart
Wildside
Shout
Saints Of Los Angeles
Don't Go Away Mad
Looks That Kill
Live Wire
Same Ol Situation
Home Sweet Home
10 Second To love
Motherfucker Of The Year
Primal Scream
Dr. Feelgood
Girls, Girls, Girls

Halford

Silent Screams
Resurrection
Made In Hell
Golgotha
Crystal
Nailed To The Gun (Fight cover)
Made of Metal
Heart of a Lion
Never Satisfied
Saviour

The above setlist came from a poster on the Ozzfest.com forum.

davidis138
08-15-2010, 03:15 AM
ozzy's intro video...:confused:

Maidenmagic
08-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Ozzy doesn't like "The Ultimate Sin" album but isn't "Killer of Gaints" from that album?

Platinum Maze
08-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Ozzy doesn't like "The Ultimate Sin" album but isn't "Killer of Gaints" from that album?

So is Shot in the Dark. GREAT ALBUM. His best IMO.

JudasPriest89
08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
YES, TEN SECONDS TO LOVE. FINALY!!!!

Elvenking
08-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Halford

Silent Screams
Resurrection
Made In Hell
Golgotha
Crystal
Nailed To The Gun (Fight cover)
Made of Metal
Heart of a Lion
Never Satisfied
Saviour

The above setlist came from a poster on the Ozzfest.com forum.

How can he do a fight cover...he kinda wrote the song. and I think he was playing stuff from his whole career?

ASYLUM
08-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Ozzy:
Killer Of Giants
Fire In The Sky

:party:
These two songs are a good enough reason for me to see Ozzy. Fire in The Sky and Killer of Giants are great additions to the set I don't think he plays them that often.

The_jman
08-15-2010, 07:22 AM
that's a pretty good crue set. Very similar to the one I saw last year.

jhdeity
08-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Not 1 song from Diary of a Madman? My favorite album of his by a mile? WOW! Some good stuff in there but play Diary for the die hard fans if nothing else...

daimonos
08-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Wow. That Ozzy set just made me so happy.

Metal_Head
08-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Excellent set from Ozzy. I can't wait until the 24th.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-15-2010, 08:30 AM
How can he do a fight cover...he kinda wrote the song. and I think he was playing stuff from his whole career?

That was copy & pasted from the ozzfest.com forum.

metallicbrian666
08-15-2010, 08:32 AM
That Ozzy set is insane! Glad to see he's still playing FWB and KOG.

JuuKun
08-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Not 1 song from Diary of a Madman? My favorite album of his by a mile? WOW! Some good stuff in there but play Diary for the die hard fans if nothing else...

We don't agree on a lot of things, but I definitely agree with you here. I love Diary as well, none of the other albums even come close to being my favorite. I would personally love to hear the title track or Over the Mountain.

I'm definitely going to the Mansfield show, but I might be doing the Hartford one as well. Should be a good time. Pretty good sets from Halford, Crue, and Ozzy (even with the lack of Diary material, it'll be great to see Shot in the Dark).

If anyone finds the setlists for Kataklysm, Skeletonwitch, or Goatwhore, it'd be much appreciated.

daimonos
08-15-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't belive that Ozzy has played anything off of Diary in years. At least he's pulling out some different songs. It's better than the set he's had for the last 5 years or so.

JRA
08-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I never thought I'd see the day where an Ozzy setlist would be 10 times better than a Halford setlist.

300%_Density
08-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Not sure of accuracy b/c it is setlist.fm but the BLS set was put up as well, very Order Of The Black which is great b/c I love that album.

The Begining....At Last
Crazy Horse
Overlord
Parade Of The Dead
Fire It Up
Godspeed Hell Bound
Stillborn

TonyD
08-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Not sure of accuracy b/c it is setlist.fm but the BLS set was put up as well, very Order Of The Black which is great b/c I love that album.

The Begining....At Last
Crazy Horse
Overlord
Parade Of The Dead
Fire It Up
Godspeed Hell Bound
Stillborn
That sounds right because they said they would be doing 4 new songs in an interview. But this is a joke if this is the length of the set for the 2nd stage headliner.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 09:48 AM
That sounds right because they said they would be doing 4 new songs in an interview. But this is a joke if this is the length of the set for the 2nd stage headliner.

yeah they definitely need more

elturtleboy
08-15-2010, 10:05 AM
he played "I don't know" like 3rd.

Skeletonwitch:rocker:
Kataklysm :blaze:
California wildbitch:finger2:
Goatwhore:horns:
Saviors :lame:
Exodus:party:
Drowning Pool:bliss:
BLS:horns:
Devildriver:blaze:
Halford:blaze:
Motley Crue:finger2:
Ozzy:rocker:

thats my review

daimonos
08-15-2010, 10:20 AM

The Begining....At Last
Crazy Horse
Overlord
Parade Of The Dead
Fire It Up
Godspeed Hell Bound
Stillborn

That's an alright set. Crazy Horse, Overlord, and Parade of the Dead all will work well live, I think. This will by my 6th time seeing them though and they haven't played The Beginning...At Last since the 3rd time I saw them, so it's nice not to see all the same songs they played the last two or three times I saw them. I do wish it were longer though.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 10:28 AM

:confused::confused:

elturtleboy
08-15-2010, 10:35 AM
:confused::confused:

sorry mang i just dont like stoner metal.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 10:38 AM
sorry mang i just dont like stoner metal.

GAH.

more for me then :D :stoned: :D

metallicbrian666
08-15-2010, 11:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Black Label set is so short because Zakk does his.....soloing.....in between songs.

*hears millions upon millions of pinch harmonics*

Breaking The Law
08-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Can't wait for the 24th as well, hope Ozzy doesn't change the set list. Wish Halford and BLS got more time, but what can you do.

mankvill
08-15-2010, 03:51 PM

Drowning Pool:bliss:

*punch*

idrinkwine732
08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Saddened I didn't get to meet up with you guys there...

All bands were good. Didn't watch a few though.

elturtleboy
08-15-2010, 09:37 PM
*punch*

ay the face for DP was cause i was bored through out the whole set and got excited for Bodies. I felt like a tuff 10 year old again.

Maiden33
08-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I had to see Saviours live and I nearly wanted to gouge my eyes out.

bt11763
08-15-2010, 09:44 PM
ay the face for DP was cause i was bored through out the whole set and got excited for Bodies. I felt like a tuff 10 year old again.

i can't wait for that hhahahaha, definitely going in the pit for it

TonyD
08-15-2010, 09:51 PM

Do explain...

idrinkwine732
08-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Do explain...

Yeah, I thought they were fairly entertaining. What gives?

Maiden33
08-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought they (music and performance) were both ridiculously dull and boring. Every song sounded exactly the same to me, and yeah, it just seemed dull and boring. Their music wasn't like offensive to my ears or anything, I was OK for the first like 2 songs of their set but after that it just drug forever.

Travis The Dragon
08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm surprised at the lack of stuff from the new album.

Travis The Dragon
08-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Is that because you don't like them or did their performance suck?

mankvill
08-15-2010, 10:43 PM

imma splap your shit

rjturtle9
08-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Is that because you don't like them or did their performance suck?

He hates glam metal.

For me, this concert was Skeletonwitch, then a bunch of other bands that I wouldn't mind watching. Skeletonwitch kicked ass, despite their early start time and short set.

Travis The Dragon
08-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Some pretty good quality footage from the show: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144590 You mean to say that Ozzy actually has the strength to lift that kid up during the CT solo? :tongue:

idrinkwine732
08-15-2010, 10:58 PM
He hates glam metal.

For me, this concert was Skeletonwitch, then a bunch of other bands that I wouldn't mind watching. Skeletonwitch kicked ass, despite their early start time and short set.

I thought they were better the other times I saw them, but they were fun.

The crowd went crazier than I thought they would for Goatwhore, and Exodus was great. Where were you guys most of the show?

TonyD
08-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I guess Saviours is repetitive... but then you have to start the "all non-prog metal is repetitive" argument up again.

rjturtle9
08-15-2010, 11:34 PM
The crowd went crazier than I thought they would for Goatwhore, and Exodus was great. Where were you guys most of the show?

Oh wow man we were all over the place haha.

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2010, 04:27 AM

Iced Earth tour?

mastodon421
08-16-2010, 06:16 AM
There is actually a shot I will go to this now. I am really digging the Motley set and Ozzy has some good surprises thrown in there. Anyone have a Devildriver,Skeletonwitch,Saviours or Goatwhore set?

metallicbrian666
08-16-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm surprised at the lack of stuff from the new album.

Ozzy only did I Don't Wanna Stop on Ozzfest 2007, so it makes sense that he would only do Scream on this one. I'm pretty glad to be honest, I'm not fond of the new album. I just want Ozzy to go back into the studio with Gus and write some shit WITH him.

TonyD
08-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Ozzy only did I Don't Wanna Stop on Ozzfest 2007, so it makes sense that he would only do Scream on this one. I'm pretty glad to be honest, I'm not fond of the new album. I just want Ozzy to go back into the studio with Gus and write some shit WITH him.

He did that shitty slow song too.

ricky4502
08-16-2010, 09:11 AM

HAHA I hate glam metal too. I agree with Mustaine on how he would call it Gay.L.A.Metal but I enjoyed Motley Crue more than I thought I would. They put on a pretty damn good show and it turned out I liked more of their songs than I realized. They're my only exception when it comes to glam metal so I guess they're a guilty pleasure for me.

I completely agree about Wildebitch though... they didn't belong there. If anything they should've gotten the 1st slot so hardly anybody would've seen them lol. I can't believe they played in between Kataklysm and Goatwhore.

I just read this on the gauntlet:

Turns out that band bassist is none other than Mike Fleiss, creator of The Bachelor and also producer of an upcoming Black Sabbath horror series. The bands name is basically the jumping point for the series and it won't be about the band. Tony Iommi is scheduled to score the feature. The recently settled trademark lawsuit between Osbourne and Iommi over the Black Sabbath name cleared the way for the movie to move forward. With this being settled California Wildebeest got a 2nd stage spot on Ozzfest. Mike Fleis is also involved with Jack Osbourne's Ozzy Osbourne documentary. Jack Osbourne runs the booking agency that just happened to land the deal to book this years Ozzfest (hooray for nepotism). So while you are watching non-metal California Wildebeest play, thank Osbourne family politics and nepotism for booking this band.

ricky4502
08-16-2010, 09:21 AM
from setlist.fm

Exodus
The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
Beyond the Pale
A Lesson In Violence
Strike Of The Beast
The Toxic Waltz
Good Riddance

DevilDriver (Incomplete)
End Of The Line
Pray For Villains
I Could Care Less
Clouds Over California
Hold Back the Day
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Meet The Wretched

elturtleboy
08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
]

DevilDriver (Incomplete)
End Of The Line
Pray For Villains
I Could Care Less
Clouds Over California
Hold Back the Day
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Meet The Wretched

ahh ok so i only missed 2 1/2songs. Fuckin couple that got married lagged it. Damn they didnt play Knee Deep or Swinging The dead :(

idrinkwine732
08-16-2010, 09:58 AM
No Bonded was a surprise too.

Natrlhi
08-16-2010, 10:11 AM
No Bonded was a surprise too.They didn't play Piranha when I saw them in Chicago earlier this year, so I have no sympathy for anybody who misses an old gem or two in an Exodus set these days. :mad: :dgrin:

daimonos
08-16-2010, 10:22 AM

He did that shitty slow song too.

At my date on Ozzfest 2007 we didn't get I Don't Wanna Stop. We did get Not Going Away though. I was pretty suprised.

I wish he could switch another song from Scream with Let Me Hear You Scream though. There are better choices.

elturtleboy
08-16-2010, 11:14 AM
No Bonded was a surprise too.

that totally bumbbed me out

idrinkwine732
08-16-2010, 11:40 AM
They didn't play Piranha when I saw them in Chicago earlier this year, so I have no sympathy for anybody who misses an old gem or two in an Exodus set these days. :mad: :dgrin:

Don't worry, I've seen all of the Exodus gems, not to mention the rare ones. You can check it out right here :D

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13736

that totally bumbbed me out

I was really surprised, and if it were my first Exodus show I'd be a little pissed.

Natrlhi
08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Don't worry, I've seen all of the Exodus gems, not to mention the rare ones. You can check it out right here :D

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13736^ Don't know how I missed that thread...wait, yes I do. That was two days before my son was born!

Anyway, had I been online back then, I would have feigned jealousy for a second, and then mercilessly destroyed you by teling you that I saw Exodus back in 1987 or so (on tour with Anthrax), when Bonded by Blood and Pleasures of the Flesh were their only two albums...so chances are, I've seen almost all of Bonded by Blood live. :finger:

ricky4502
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
ahh ok so i only missed 2 1/2songs. Fuckin couple that got married lagged it. Damn they didnt play Knee Deep or Swinging The dead :(

Yeah man maybe if it wasn't for that couple I probably could've stuck around to see BLS wrap it up and make it in time for DD set but I left during Zakk's really long solo. I didn't want to though.

I too was looking forward to Swinging The Dead but it's good to know we didn't miss it... at least I don't think we did since that setlist I posted was incomplete

elturtleboy
08-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I was really surprised, and if it were my first Exodus show I'd be a little pissed.

it was :bouville:

idrinkwine732
08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
^ Don't know how I missed that thread...wait, yes I do. That was two days before my son was born!

Anyway, had I been online back then, I would have feigned jealousy for a second, and then mercilessly destroyed you by teling you that I saw Exodus back in 1987 or so (on tour with Anthrax), when Bonded by Blood and Pleasures of the Flesh were their only two albums...so chances are, I've seen almost all of Bonded by Blood live. :finger:

Yeah, so hearing Hell's Breath and Impaler are only enough for feigned jealousy? That shit blew my mind.

You know you could have won much easier simply replying with all three times you've seen Death.

Travis The Dragon
08-16-2010, 01:41 PM
At my date on Ozzfest 2007 we didn't get I Don't Wanna Stop. We did get Not Going Away though. I was pretty suprised.

I wish he could switch another song from Scream with Let Me Hear You Scream though. There are better choices.

Fearless would ROCK live!

JLRedWing13
08-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I want to see Exodus..... :bouville:

Elvenking
08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Am I the only one on here who thinks exodus is subpar since they got that new singer?

idrinkwine732
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Am I the only one on here who thinks exodus is subpar since they got that new singer?

Baloff > Zetro > Dukes

Dukes isn't bad, but I'd like to see Zetro rejoin the band.

stevepwn
08-16-2010, 03:37 PM
post skeletonwitch,goatwhore,devildriver,kataklysm setlist PLZ!

stevepwn
08-16-2010, 03:48 PM
is it true skeletonwitch only played 3 SONGS?? o i hope not.. someone tell me they played at least 5 plzzz lol

ricky4502
08-16-2010, 04:08 PM
is it true skeletonwitch only played 3 SONGS?? o i hope not.. someone tell me they played at least 5 plzzz lol

look at page 5 for DevilDrivers partial set list. here's part of skeletonwitchs set posted on setlist.fm

Upon Wings of Black
Beyond the Permafrost
Within My Blood

I know they Played Strangled By Unseen Hands because I got there when they started playing it. I Think I might've missed 2 songs. I bootlegged what I saw but unfortunately that SD card is corrupted!

stevepwn
08-16-2010, 04:14 PM
look at page 5 for DevilDrivers partial set list. here's part of skeletonwitchs set posted on setlist.fm

Upon Wings of Black
Beyond the Permafrost
Within My Blood

I know they Played Strangled By Unseen Hands because I got there when they started playing it. I Think I might've missed 2 songs. I bootlegged what I saw but unfortunately that SD card is corrupted!

thanks sir you releived me, because i saw on setlist.fm 3 songs then i typed in skeletonwitch ozzfest on youtube and those 3 songs came up only ahhaha i thought thats all they played

Dissimulate
08-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Baloff > Zetro > Dukes

He's got it. Dukes is an average singer, not really good or bad, but is a colossal cunt.

elturtleboy
08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Baloff > Zetro > Dukes

oh howd id kill for that.

stevepwn
08-16-2010, 04:46 PM
imo zetros vocals are annoying, i was so happy when i heard rob dukes for the first time hes fucking awesome.. especially on shovel headed kill machine

idrinkwine732
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
oh howd id kill for that.

I saw him perform Toxic Waltz with them in February :finger:

Skeletonwitch also played Crushed Beyond Dust and one other song that I can't remember.

stevepwn
08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I saw him perform Toxic Waltz with them in February :finger:

Skeletonwitch also played Crushed Beyond Dust and one other song that I can't remember.

thanks

rjturtle9
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Skeletonwitch played a good 6 songs actually. They Opened with Submit to the suffering and then I just forget the rest sorry.

Oh and Nat, I saw all of Bonded by Blood live. ;)

stevepwn
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Skeletonwitch played a good 6 songs actually. They Opened with Submit to the suffering and then I just forget the rest sorry.

Oh and Nat, I saw all of Bonded by Blood live. ;)

thanks i love that song

Elvenking
08-17-2010, 06:14 AM
I was lucky enough to go to a meet and great with metal mike last night. Sadly, there were two of us there! TWO! Don't Understand this considering the place had dollar tacos and half price tap beer (they have like 40 different taps). Anyway I did ask him how come the band did not play any Priest as he said he would. Got the story of becuase this time around he is in both bands and wants to show more Halford to the world, but is thinking about doing a song or two. So Mike being the great guy he is, told us to pick two songs that we think would be cool to see. I picked Genocide and Jawbreaker, he really liked the jawbreaker idea. SOOOO Hopefully he runs the ideas to rob and they play them! :rocker:

Natrlhi
08-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh and Nat, I saw all of Bonded by Blood live. ;)Good boy.

*pats turtle's head*

:party: :rocker: :party:

marker
08-17-2010, 09:39 AM
I was lucky enough to go to a meet and great with metal mike last night. Sadly, there were two of us there! TWO! Don't Understand this considering the place had dollar tacos and half price tap beer (they have like 40 different taps). Anyway I did ask him how come the band did not play any Priest as he said he would. Got the story of becuase this time around he is in both bands and wants to show more Halford to the world, but is thinking about doing a song or two. So Mike being the great guy he is, told us to pick two songs that we think would be cool to see. I picked Genocide and Jawbreaker, he really liked the jawbreaker idea. SOOOO Hopefully he runs the ideas to rob and they play them! :rocker:

Never Satisfied is Priest,it's from their first album Rocka Rolla

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Never Satisfied is Priest,it's from their first album Rocka Rolla

So it's not Priest then ;)

rjturtle9
08-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Good boy.

*pats turtle's head*

:party: :rocker: :party:

Idk whether to take that as an insult or compliment!

:eyes:

b_halperin
08-17-2010, 01:25 PM
was real baked, mite be out of order. was a fantastic day

skeletonwitch:

submit to the suffering
the despoiler of human life (im pretty sure)
blinding black rage
upon wings of black
strangled by unseen hands
beyond the permafrost
crushed beyond dust
within my blood

rjturtle9
08-17-2010, 01:36 PM

skeletonwitch:

submit to the suffering
blinding black rage
upon wings of black
beyond the permafrost
crushed beyond dust
within my blood

Seems about right, idk bout the order though, but fuck it.

stevepwn
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM

skeletonwitch:

submit to the suffering
blinding black rage
upon wings of black
beyond the permafrost
crushed beyond dust
within my blood

thanks man

stevepwn
08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
how about goatwhore/kataklysm?

daimonos
08-17-2010, 06:59 PM
how about goatwhore/kataklysm?

I can get the Goatwhore set on Thursday. I'm pretty excited to see them again.

stevepwn
08-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I can get the Goatwhore set on Thursday. I'm pretty excited to see them again.

thanks! also kataklysm if possible

marker
08-18-2010, 08:31 PM
So it's not Priest then ;)

I know what you mean.They should have busted out Tyrant,or something better.Why play something from Rocka Rolla when you have a shitload of better songs to choose from.At least they didn't play You've got another thing comin' or livin after midnight,that would have been really lame.

andrew_metalhead
08-25-2010, 01:19 PM
My detailed review. It's entertaining I promise :D

http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews/081410_Ozzfest.php

idrinkwine732
08-25-2010, 03:14 PM
My detailed review. It's entertaining I promise :D

http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews/081410_Ozzfest.php

I didn't see the lesbian lovers...:(

andrew_metalhead
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
I didn't see the lesbian lovers...:(

Here's a video from the 2007 Tinley Park Ozzfest. The one I saw was much better though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zeGxfDbnI

rjturtle9
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Here's a video from the 2007 Tinley Park Ozzfest. The one I saw was much better though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zeGxfDbnI

That was weak compared to what happened at this years ozzfest!!

andrew_metalhead
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM

No kidding.

elturtleboy
08-25-2010, 08:46 PM

Fuck yeah,nobody really paid attention to Halfords set cause this lady kept making out with this one chick. The same lady was flashing every 10 min or so and letting ppl suck on her tits/motorboat. Plus the guys next to her would yell at every girl who passed by to flash us. Like half of them actually did.:drool:

andrew_metalhead
08-26-2010, 10:42 AM
He's got it. Dukes is an average singer, not really good or bad, but is a colossal cunt.

He isn't a cunt.