Tempation
Born of Fire
Seasons In The Abyss
-----------------------
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Angel of Death

Highlights:
Dog Faced Gods, Trial By Fire, D.N.R, ALL OF MEGADETH, World Painted Blood, Hate Worldwide, War Ensemble, Blood Red, Dead Skin Mask, Temptation, Seasons, South of Heaven, Raining Blood, Angel of Death.

This show was easily one of the best I've ever been to (even if I DID have seats, although we moved around a bunch of times :D). When Testament came on there seemed to be a lot of sound issues. You couldn't hear any cymbals from the drums, you could barely hear the guitars during riffs...you pretty much heard all snare and Chuck Billy. I was surprised to see them switch it up a bit and throw in Trial By Fire and The Persecuted Won't Forget, but I personally would've preferred Into The Pit. After Testament came the long awaited Megadeth. I haven't seen them since Gigantour 2008 and I couldn't wait. I would've preferred them closing out the show but who cares? It's fucking MEGADETH. They put on a spectacular performance. The sound was PERECT. Every musician hit every note just like on the album, and Dave sounded AMAZING. The crowd was really into them, and they fucking deserved it. They killed it, banging out all their songs with little to no talking besides a "Hello" before Head Crusher. I can't remember headbanging so much before in my life, my neck is gonna be killing me for a week or two after this one. Once Megadeth was done I awaited Slayer. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't THAT excited for them. They weren't playing many staples that I've wanted to hear for a LONG time now, but oh well. My neck was still killing me so I chilled out for most of the set until Seasons and the encore. This was by far the best encore I've ever seen before. They chose such amazing songs to finish up the night with and send us home with our asses kicked. I can't wait to catch Megadeth and Slayer on the second leg of this tour in October. See you all there!

JRA
08-12-2010, 09:17 PM
That Slayer setlist sucks. I realize their supposed to be doing all of SITA, but still. Awful

mankvill
08-12-2010, 09:17 PM
That Slayer setlist sucks. I realize their supposed to be doing all of SITA, but still. Awful

*Slayer plays all of their 2nd best album*

*people still bitch*

never change, casual Slayer fans

mankvill
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Dog Faced Gods

YEEEEAAAAHHHH

SilentSoldier144
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
The crowd definitely calmed down after War Ensemble, so I see what you mean about the setlist not being great. They could've thrown in a few more staples like Cult, Disciple, etc, and it would've been perfect. But I didn't mind this set so much, could've been better but it could've been worse too.

Queensrychian
08-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Wait a second, I was there and Dave sounded like shit!!!!!!!!!!

Daltonxi
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
What sections were you guys in?

SilentSoldier144
08-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Wait a second, I was there and Dave sounded like shit!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you sit? He sounded great to me.

JRA
08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
The crowd definitely calmed down after War Ensemble, so I see what you mean about the setlist not being great. They could've thrown in a few more staples like Cult, Disciple, etc, and it would've been perfect. But I didn't mind this set so much, could've been better but it could've been worse too.

Those are not fucking staples.

and Manks, the Casual ones are the fans that think Reign through Seasons is the bands finest run whereas the real hardcore fans think Show No Mercy through Reign in Blood is the band's finest run.

Daltonxi
08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
You might have seen me, I was a long hair dude walking around after Testament trying to look for glasses that fell from the other story that were mine! I was in section 106, but I had a lot of fun! I had long, jet black hair that kept banging and a gotee! I snuck in from 210!

elturtleboy
08-12-2010, 10:17 PM
i want a longer slayer

makethemsuffer12
08-12-2010, 11:04 PM
and Manks, the Casual ones are the fans that think Reign through Seasons is the bands finest run whereas the real hardcore fans think Show No Mercy through Reign in Blood is the band's finest run.

I beg to differ. Slayer is my second favorite band of all time, and I consider Reign through Seasons their best.

Anyway, the show was amazing. I was on the rail to the far right for Testament and Megadeth. There really wasn't much going on, so I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I could've. I don't know, but I really wasn't feeling Megadeth, but I think that's just because the crowd was pretty dead where I was. For Slayer I was in the pit the whole time. Let me just say that this was easily the best time I had at a thrash show. The pits were insane yet so much fun at the same time, though the crowd died down a little bit during the three "meh" songs towards the end of Seasons (suck it, Mank). But once Raining Blood started, the pit erupted.

Overall, Testament and Megadeth were both great, but I wasn't really feeling it (though Trial by Fire was awesome). Slayer was amazing. I don't care what anyone says, but that set was awesome. Blood Red, Spirit in Black, and Expendable Youth were all amazing.

mankvill
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Show No Mercy through Reign in Blood is the band's finest run.

lol nope

Travis The Dragon
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Just 8 more days!!! :rocker:

Dissimulate
08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Are Slayer ever going to get around to doing a proper headlining tour for World Painted Blood?

DisasterPiece120
08-13-2010, 04:24 AM
kinda want to go to this but i just cant do the ticket prices

Queensrychian
08-13-2010, 05:25 AM
What sections were you guys in?

Maidenmagic
08-13-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm glad Megadeth got a 10. I'm going to be seeing those boys on September 28th.

Waycos
08-13-2010, 06:10 AM
I was in section 128. I agree that the sound was really good for both Megadeth and Slayer (we missed Testament). But Dave's voice was really off early on. I've noticed this previous 2 times I had seen Megadeth before this (Sonisphere in the theatre, and in Scranton, PA in the spring). I think age might just be kicking in on his vocals. His voice did start to sound better on later into the set and especially when he stuck to more the growling style of singing. Musically they were great. Dead on and the solos were killer. This Megadeth lineup is proving out to be their best(IMO).

Slayer of course was awesome. 'nuff said. Not sure I could ever complain about what songs they choose to play. Loved that they played the entire "Seasons..." as I loved seeing them play the entire "Reign..." a few years ago. I could see them do this for "South..." and "God..." and be just as happy.

Sepultribe03
08-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Does Testament go on right at 7:00? I may have to miss a little of them, hope not... but honestly the last three or four times I have seen Testament the sound has been complete crap, they really need to get a new sound guy or whatever.

toolfansat
08-13-2010, 06:13 AM
I'm going to see this tomorrow in Lowell! I really wish 'Deth was playing more from Endgame, personally...

Pastulio_
08-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Some numbnuts on setlist.fm decided to say Megadeth played Good Morning/Black Friday, and I almost shit myself till I realized it was nothing but LIES.

Derelict
08-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Fine with the slayer and megadeth sets - its hard to squeeze an entire album into a coheadliner set and keep everyone happy. I wish testament would do at least one song off of demonic, but dog faced gods is nice. My girlfriends parent's got us tickets up front in the third row for christmas (back when this was supposed to be in Feb), so I'm pumped for sunday.

Jochen
08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm happy with the sets, although I think it's kind of pathetic that they're only doing 70 minutes or whatever for a coheadlining set. But anyways, Slayer needs to do a real headlining US tour, it's been over 3 years.

evildeadjedi
08-13-2010, 09:17 AM
The only thing that could have really improved that Slayer set would be Hell Awaits, Evil Has No Boundaries, and Chemical Warfare.

mankvill
08-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Evil Has No Boundaries

You realize they probably haven't played that in 25 years?

makethemsuffer12
08-13-2010, 12:23 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

evildeadjedi
08-13-2010, 12:25 PM

Yes I do, and I think it's time they play it again. :lol: Okay, so realistically Antichrist or Mandatory Suicide. How long has it been since they played Die By The Sword?

girnny777
08-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes I do, and I think it's time they play it again. :lol: Okay, so realistically Antichrist or Mandatory Suicide. How long has it been since they played Die By The Sword?

They did Die By The Sword on their 2007 headlining run.

Travis The Dragon
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Are Slayer ever going to get around to doing a proper headlining tour for World Painted Blood?

Ya. Same with Megadeth for Endgame.

mankvill
08-13-2010, 01:42 PM

saw them in december headlining for endgame.

camby118
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I thought Dave sounded great, honestly. It was my third time seeing Megadeth and it's the best I've ever heard them sound.

Slayer was kinda boring, IMO, except for the last three (especially SoH) and War Ensemble, Expendable Youth, Temptation and Skeletons of Society.

larvtard
08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
the Casual ones are the fans that think Reign through Seasons is the bands finest run whereas the real hardcore fans think Show No Mercy through Reign in Blood is the band's finest run.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a hardcore Slayer fan would probably love most of their catalog? I think you're mistaking "hardcore Slayer fan" for a "hardcore thrash fan." Many thrashers don't even like Slayer. Those that do and still remain to be "tr00" in that genre usually just like the first two, sometimes Reign in Blood as well.

I think their first five albums are their finest run. South of Heaven and Seasons are classics, you'd be crazy to discredit those.

Agree with you on the casual fan point, that's exactly right.

...Anyways, about this setlist. You've all read my points before. It's great that they're doing Seasons in its entirety, but the rest of the set is lacking. Three staples and two new songs? Please.

Also, I already saw them do Seasons in Italy this summer (just my luck), so I just don't want to see the exact same set minus a few songs.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think it's a lazy set even if I am mad about seeming the same thing all over again.

Butcher of Birth
08-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope that Slayer headlines after Megadeth down here in Orlando. I really DON'T wanna see Slayer. After falling asleep (I literally did... no joke) during their set last time I saw them, I never want to see them again. They are so boring, and sound horrible. Sorry, they just are not so good, I don't see why they are still around when Tom can barely stand.

makethemsuffer12
08-13-2010, 03:17 PM

That really wasn't a very extensive tour. It didn't even hit any real major markets.

I hope that Slayer headlines after Megadeth down here in Orlando. I really DON'T wanna see Slayer. After falling asleep (I literally did... no joke) during their set last time I saw them, I never want to see them again. They are so boring, and sound horrible. Sorry, they just are not so good, I don't see why they are still around when Tom can barely stand.

I guess I could somewhat understand why you would be bored by just watching them, but if you go in the pit for them it is really so much fucking fun. That is, of course, if you have GA tickets.

bt11763
08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
great show, pissed i couldn't get pit though. and mustaine's vocals were really crappy in the beginning, and they weren't perfect the whole time. but goddamn they still kick fucking ass

Robert
08-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah Megadeth was on another world last night.
Absolutely killed it.

And What a crowd! I was so very proud of my Metal brothers. Singing along. Major pit action the whole time. Mustane even commented "that was awesome" during Peace sells when crowd sings "If there's a new way..."

And it was simply awesome last night.
Cant wait for nassau. Got floor for that one.
I'm 40 now but i'm going upfront. :rocker:

What a summer here in NYC. Maiden (twice)!!
This week alone I had Asia (tues), night ranger (wed) and Carnage (last night), with Kiss, Rush and more coming up!
I'll never live in the south again! My wife can forget it! :blaze:

bt11763
08-13-2010, 04:57 PM
the crowd was awful.

the deathmetaler
08-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I read that Megadeth played Good Morning/Black Friday on the 11th. Is that true?

makethemsuffer12
08-13-2010, 06:25 PM
the crowd was awful.

You thought so? I don't know about the seated area, but the pit area during Slayer was insane.

bt11763
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
You thought so? I don't know about the seated area, but the pit area during Slayer was insane.

well i mean looking down on it. the whole time it was nothing, there were a few instances when it picked up but it looked way to hesitant and tame. but me and marc were still crying though hahahaha

SomewhereInTime72
08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
My review:

Testament, much better from the pit then when I saw them at metal masters, very awesome.

Megadeth put on the best single band performance I've seen since the SBIT tour.

And Slayer really fucking blow live.

JLRedWing13
08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
No Into The Pit is disappointing...but there's always the headlining tour next year.

Can't wait to finally see Megadeth.

bt11763
08-13-2010, 08:02 PM
My review:

Slayer really fucking blow live.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/2/2c/FoxNewsWhat.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
08-13-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm just frustrated that they had to make my favorite album by them sound like total shit.

mankvill
08-13-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm just frustrated that they had to make my favorite album by them sound like total shit.

how

DethMaiden
08-13-2010, 08:22 PM
how

Yeah, I want to hear this, especially since I'm seeing American Carnage come October...

JLRedWing13
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I want to hear this, especially since I'm seeing American Carnage come October...
I'm seeing them next week...if there were sound problems, I hope they can figure it out....

SomewhereInTime72
08-13-2010, 08:25 PM
-godawful guitar tone
-arayas voice now sounds like a 5 year old girl
-panning hard right and left sounds terrible live
-being pretty boring to watch while performing other than headbanging and making "tough guy" face
-opening with 2 songs from WPB as if that isn't the most underwhelming thing ever
-lazily replacing half of the decent solos with stupid noise that just sounded annoying live as opposed to awesome the few times it's done on studio (think Altar of Sacrifice)
-actually fucking up several riffs, i could make a list just like this of times this happened
-being out of sync with each other from time to time.
-kerry king looks like a douche
-did i mention it sounded like shit

mankvill
08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
i can see the guitar tone

and the left to right thing was kinda lame when I saw them the first time

everything else is just because you're a baby

go watch suicide silence :flame:

bt11763
08-13-2010, 08:33 PM
i can see the guitar tone

and the left to right thing was kinda lame when I saw them the first time

everything else is just because you're a baby

go watch suicide silence :flame:

i agree with the second half, i thought the sound was great.

JRA
08-13-2010, 10:34 PM

11 to be exact. http://www.bootlegs.ws/slayer/slayer99-04-13.html

-godawful guitar tone
-being pretty boring to watch while performing other than headbanging and making "tough guy" face
-opening with 2 songs from WPB as if that isn't the most underwhelming thing ever
-lazily replacing half of the decent solos with stupid noise that just sounded annoying live as opposed to awesome the few times it's done on studio (think Altar of Sacrifice)
-actually fucking up several riffs, i could make a list just like this of times this happened

:eek: Dayum.

TonyD
08-13-2010, 11:21 PM

It's not a proper headlining run unless it skips Kansas.

I didn't look at Megadeth's set, I can probably hold off for 2 weeks so I won't know exactly what's coming. And I'm going in expecting Slayer to be Slayer. The rest of those complaints listed are things that will be shaken off after a week on the road.

God damn, this show is FINALLY happening. I bought tix almost a year ago. I'm pissed because it was conveniently on a Thursday while I still live fairly close to the venue, and now it's on a Tuesday when I'm gonna be almost an hour further away and have an 8 AM class the next day.

Derelict
08-13-2010, 11:29 PM
It's not a proper headlining run unless it skips Kansas.

If you ever make it to the east coast, your beers are on me

TonyD
08-13-2010, 11:37 PM
If you ever make it to the east coast, your beers are on me

:drinking:
Remember, forum posts are legally binding.

Derelict
08-13-2010, 11:50 PM
:drinking:
Remember, forum posts are legally binding.

It's cool, your hipster pbr's are inexpensive

makethemsuffer12
08-14-2010, 05:31 AM
-godawful guitar tone

You really can't blame the bad sound all on Slayer, especially the bit about Araya sounding like a 5 year old girl. I've been to a few shows where the vocals have been like that (Children of Bodom and Metallica come to mind), so it probably has to do with the volume more than anything.

Shit, am I the only guy here that thinks Slayer was the best that night?

JudasPriest89
08-14-2010, 06:17 AM

That's pretty much already happened last Winter. Wasn't long enough though

the chewbacca defense
08-14-2010, 06:17 AM
maybe i'm going deaf, but based on clips i've seen of the NJ performance, Tom sounds great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWUF2o4jZU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arq3Z-36luA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxaMCqE8IxA

stomper622
08-14-2010, 07:37 AM

Actually they played this song during the Diabolus tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNwj_7S2FBY

Crionics
08-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I think I should rank Slayer's albums from best to worst to make you guys butthurt :)

Show No Mercy
Haunting the Chapel (I know, not a full length, but too great to ignore)
Hell Awaits
South of Heaven
Reign in Blood
Seasons in the Abyss
World Painted Blood
Divine Intervention
Christ Illusion
God Hates Us All
Undisputed Attitude (still pretty fun if you like punk though)
Diabolus in Lolzica

SomewhereInTime72
08-14-2010, 09:04 AM
You really can't blame the bad sound all on Slayer, especially the bit about Araya sounding like a 5 year old girl. I've been to a few shows where the vocals have been like that (Children of Bodom and Metallica come to mind), so it probably has to do with the volume more than anything.

Shit, am I the only guy here that thinks Slayer was the best that night?

True, a lot of the complaints I listed might not necessarily be Slayer's fault (so I guess my original statement where I said "slayer suck live" was probably a bit overblown), but that didn't really make them detract from my enjoyment any less. :(
maybe i'm going deaf, but based on clips i've seen of the NJ performance, Tom sounds great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWUF2o4jZU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arq3Z-36luA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxaMCqE8IxA
Actually he did sound pretty good for the last few songs, it was mostly through most of SITA that he started sounding bleh. It sounded like he was practically just speaking through Blood Red and Hallowed Point, like a shy girl at karaoke. :tongue:

Also WPB song vocals sounded like the WPB album... which I think Tom sounds pretty bad on. Honestly I was kinda hoping that the live experience would somehow make me see something I might have been missing about the newer songs, and it definitely didn't do it for me :(.

Queensrychian
08-14-2010, 09:24 AM
For all of you on here who kiss dave mustaine's ass, STOP... he made rust in peace suck!!!!!! After Rust the vibe in the place picked up and the sound was much better, but please stop licking this bitter man's cock. Also Slayer kicked so much ass, give Tom a break he is like 50 and just came off back surgery and still comes out to kick our asses. I love King Diamond but his lazy ass hasn't been out since his back surgery like 4 years ago!!!! And to whoever dissed Kerry King, I dare you to say that to his face, the man looks like he could kick some ass. If you don't like slayer don't go to a slayer show just to bad mouth them after. If you like Megadeth and could care less about slayer you could have left right after their set was over!!!!!! This was the best show I have been to and can't wait for more Slayer in the future.

Sepultribe03
08-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know what time each band goes on? Im going tonight, Thanks!!

SilentSoldier144
08-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Testament - 7pm
Slayer/Megadeth - 8
Megadeth/Slayer - 9:30

Lasts til about 10:45

Sanitarium78
08-14-2010, 09:44 AM
give Tom a break he is like 50 and just came off back surgery and still comes out to kick our asses. I love King Diamond but his lazy ass hasn't been out since his back surgery like 4 years ago!!!!

You make a good point here. I've got a herniated disc in my back from a job where I used to unload trucks. Even with treating it right it's still a pain in the ass to do anything physical for a long time. I even had to take a new job where I didn't do any heavy lifiting at all. I'm not that big of a Slayer fan but I give the man his props for at least going out there and doing the best he can given the circumstances.

Sepultribe03
08-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Testament - 7pm
Slayer/Megadeth - 8
Megadeth/Slayer - 9:30

Lasts til about 10:45

Cool thanks bro!

daimonos
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I think I should rank Slayer's albums from best to worst to make you guys butthurt :)

Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
South of Heaven
Reign in Blood
Seasons in the Abyss
World Painted Blood
Divine Intervention
Christ Illusion
God Hates Us All
Diabolus in Lolzica

I would say this is about right.

mankvill
08-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Slayer albums only:

South Of Heaven
Seasons In The Abyss
Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
Reign In Blood
Undisputed Attitude
Divine Intervention
World Painted Blood
God Hates Us All
Christ Illusion
Diabolus In Musica

Wizzbang11
08-14-2010, 01:09 PM
-godawful guitar tone

Hahaha, oh wow, if that's the case I really have no interest in going considering they barely play any material I am interested in. Seasons isn't bad, certainly better than South of Heaven but a set comprised solely of it, WPB, and their 'hits' doesn't sound good at all.

Wizzbang11
08-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
Reign in Blood
Seasons in the Abyss
Christ Illusion
World Painted Blood
Divine Intervention
South of Heaven
God Hates Us All
Diabolus in Lolzica

Now I agree 100%
:)

daimonos
08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Now I agree 100%
:)

You're fucking high.

Wizzbang11
08-14-2010, 01:47 PM
You're fucking high.

South of Heaven just isn't good. I have honestly listened to it multiple times, and I am always baffled by the praise it gets. Christ Illusion is way better, actually some decent thrash songs on there.

larvtard
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM
South of Heaven just isn't good. I have honestly listened to it multiple times, and I am always baffled by the praise it gets. Christ Illusion is way better, actually some decent thrash songs on there.

mankvill
08-14-2010, 02:13 PM

Dude I agree with you on so much shit that other people wouldn't, but you are fucked in the head, man.

South of Heaven is one of the best thrash albums ever released.

daimonos
08-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Saying that Christ Illusion is better than South of Heaven is like saying that whacking it is better than sex.

DethMaiden
08-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Saying that Christ Illusion is better than South of Heaven is like saying that whacking it is better than sex.

Well, that analogy doesn't work for me, because I've actually heard South of Heaven.

</sad>

larvtard
08-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, that analogy doesn't work for me, because I've actually heard South of Heaven.

</sad>

I can see how people wouldn't like South of Heaven, but I can also see how they are idiots.

DethMaiden
08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I can see how people wouldn't like South of Heaven, but I can also see how they are idiots.

the joke

your head

mankvill
08-14-2010, 02:27 PM

</sad>

Saying Christ Illusion is better than South of Heaven is like saying cutting your dick off is better than winning the lottery.

girnny777
08-14-2010, 02:30 PM
SINCE WE ARE NOW RANKING SLAYER ALBUMS

Reign in Blood
South Of Heaven
Show No Mercy
Seasons In The Abyss
Haunting The Chapel
Hell Awaits
Divine Intervention
Undisputed Attitude
Christ Illusion
World Painted Blood
God Hates Us All
Diabolus In Musica

And just for fun...

Rust In Peace
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
So Far, So Good... So What?
Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good
Youthanasia
United Abominations
Countdown To Extinction
Endgame
The System Has Failed
Cryptic Writings
The World Needs A Hero
Risk

daimonos
08-14-2010, 02:52 PM

</sad>

Well, you get the point, don't you? :lol:

DethMaiden
08-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Well, you get the point, don't you? :lol:

Of course. In full agreement here. ;)

And Christ Illusion is the best post-Seasons record, but 60% of it still fucking suuuuucks.

daimonos
08-14-2010, 02:56 PM

And Christ Illusion is the best post-Seasons record, but 60% of it still fucking suuuuucks.

I may be in the minority here, but I think that the post-Seasons ranking would be this:

Divine Intervention/World Painted Blood (Would have to listen to them to give you a final answer)
Christ Illusion
God Hates Us All
Diabolus in Musica

mankvill
08-14-2010, 03:03 PM

If you're counting Undisputed Attitude, fuck you!

If not: I think Divine Intervention and World Painted Blood are better.

makethemsuffer12
08-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Why does it seem that every Slayer related thread ends up becoming "Rank your favorite Slayer album?"

Wizzbang, I think you posted the single most idotic thing I have seen on this board besides anything Indestructible has posted.

And Mank, Undisputed Additude sucks donkey balls.

GHUA is my pick for best post-Seasons album. The haters can lick my sac.

Natrlhi
08-14-2010, 08:25 PM

Saying Christ Illusion is better than South of Heaven is like saying cutting your dick off is better than winning the lottery.Saying that Christ Illusion is better than South of Heaven is like lying.
(BTW, yes, I did get the joke)

I may be in the minority here, but I think that the post-Seasons ranking would be this:

Divine Intervention/World Painted Blood (Would have to listen to them to give you a final answer)
Christ Illusion
God Hates Us All
Diabolus in Musica

If you're counting Undisputed Attitude, fuck you!

If not: I think Divine Intervention and World Painted Blood are better.
Wrong on all counts. God Hates Us All is a vicious, brutal album, and it's clearly the best post-Seasons album out there. Hands down. No contest. Those who do not agree probably haven't listened to the entire album more than once or twice, and if they did they were probably in an "everything Slayer has done post-Seasons sucks" mood when they did. I dare you to listen to "Disciple" and "Payback" and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

The only one I'll give any credence to making an argument for something else is Manks because he likes UA due to the punk cover nature of the album (but even he is ultimately...well, wrong ;)).

EDIT:
GHUA is my pick for best post-Seasons album. The haters can lick my sac.

This was posted while I was typing the above. This man is the only one with any damn sense in this thread for the last several posts.

daimonos
08-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I'll listen to it tonight and see if my opinions are still the same. I haven't listened to it for a couple of months.

IronJudasCrue41
08-14-2010, 09:04 PM
No matter what concert you go to, its guarenteed that the band is gonna leave out at least 1 good song. Testament didn't play Into the Pit, Megadeth didn't play Dialetic Chaos/This Day We Fight! (they usually play those consecutatly since Endgame came out, and I love those songs), and Slayer left out Hell Awaits and Decibel

camby118
08-14-2010, 09:45 PM
SINCE WE ARE NOW RANKING SLAYER ALBUMS

Reign in Blood
South Of Heaven
Show No Mercy
Seasons In The Abyss
Haunting The Chapel
Hell Awaits
Divine Intervention
Undisputed Attitude
Christ Illusion
World Painted Blood
God Hates Us All
Diabolus In Musica

And just for fun...

Rust In Peace
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
So Far, So Good... So What?
Killing Is My Business... And Business is Good
Youthanasia
United Abominations
Countdown To Extinction
Endgame
The System Has Failed
Cryptic Writings
The World Needs A Hero
Risk
Really? UA above The System Has Failed and Countdown and Endgame?

Peace Sells
Rust In Peace
Killing Is My Business
Youthanasia
Countdown
The System Has Failed
SFSGSW
Cryptic Writings
Endgame
United Abominations
Risk
The World Needs A Hero

SomewhereInTime72
08-14-2010, 10:27 PM
GHUA would be my fav. post-Seasons album, simply because it has the highest amount of enjoyable songs. I still can't honestly say that I enjoy it as a whole album. :/

also i noticed this and
For all of you on here who kiss dave mustaine's ass, STOP...
give Tom a break he is like 50
I audibly laughed when I read that.

Wizzbang11
08-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Wizzbang, I think you posted the single most idotic thing I have seen on this board besides anything Indestructible has posted.

Aren't you one of those people always bitching about how everyone should just chill out because opinions aren't fact and promoting the idea that people are free to like whatever they want to?
I really don't care if you are, you are easily confusable with them, and the fact that you equated my ranking of Slayer albums to Indestructible intelligence level really makes me fucking annoyed. I'm sorry I don't like your favorite Slayer album, quite frankly everything Slayer did after RIB is pretty generic and nothing I really feel the need to listen to more than every now and then.

mankvill
08-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm sorry I don't like your favorite Slayer album, quite frankly everything Slayer did after RIB is pretty generic and nothing I really feel the need to listen to more than every now and then.

irony

Wizzbang11
08-15-2010, 02:14 AM
irony

Eh. Reign isn't bad at all. The other ones mostly bore me. Christ Illusion was definitely more easy to listen to than South of Heaven, World Painted Blood isn't awful and Seasons has some good songs. Beyond that..unimpressive.

larvtard
08-15-2010, 06:16 AM
God Hates Us All is a vicious, brutal album, and it's clearly the best post-Seasons album out there. Hands down. No contest. Those who do not agree probably haven't listened to the entire album more than once or twice, and if they did they were probably in an "everything Slayer has done post-Seasons sucks" mood when they did. I dare you to listen to "Disciple" and "Payback" and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

I'm not in that mood, and I've listened to GHUA tons of times. It's not bad, but I'd rather hear decent thrash songs than good borderline nu-metal songs.

Eh. Reign isn't bad at all. The other ones mostly bore me. Christ Illusion was definitely more easy to listen to than South of Heaven, World Painted Blood isn't awful and Seasons has some good songs. Beyond that..unimpressive.

At least defend your opinion on South Of Heaven. Tell us why you hate it. I may agree with some of the points, actually

Crionics
08-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Oh god, look at what I've done :eyes:

Megadeth time!

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Rust in Peace
Youthanasia
Endgame
So Far, So Good...So What!
Countdown To Extinction
Cryptic Writings
The System Has Failed
United Abominations
Risk
The World Needs A Hero

girnny777
08-15-2010, 07:03 AM
hi5 for someone else who realizes how lame CtE is.

Wizzbang11
08-15-2010, 09:51 AM
At least defend your opinion on South Of Heaven. Tell us why you hate it. I may agree with some of the points, actually

It's not nearly as heavy as all the material prior to it. Granted Show No Mercy has a very speed metal feel to it, but they still did that more effectively than whatever SoH is supposed to be. Ghosts of War is the only song that really retains the proper thrashiness and the rest of the 'thrash' riffs feel like lamer versions of ones found on Reign. The song structures are not exciting at all, the entire thing feels slowed down. The vocals are complete shit. Honestly, I don't know what happened to Tom Araya. He could just as well be singing in an alternative rock band. Melodic, clean Slayer vox suck and he just gave up on the awesome evil vocals that dominated Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood. The production of the album feels like they were trying to sell it to a more mainstream crowd but falls short of totally going in that direction, leaving it with a weird lack of the intense 'metal' sound they used to have.
Also:
Sabbat (UK) made a better Behind the Crooked Cross.
Mandatory Suicide is an awful, annoying song. Especially the "Suicide...Suicide" part. I can't express how much I hate that.

Crionics
08-15-2010, 09:58 AM
hi5 for someone else who realizes how lame CtE is.

I wouldn't say it's lame, I just think the other albums are superior ;)

JLRedWing13
08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Oh god, look at what I've done :eyes:

Megadeth time!

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!
Rust in Peace
Youthanasia
Endgame
So Far, So Good...So What!
Countdown To Extinction
Cryptic Writings
The System Has Failed
United Abominations
Risk
The World Needs A Hero
I agree with this list the most, except I'd switch RIP and KIMB and maybe put SFSGSW over Endgame.

larvtard
08-15-2010, 12:50 PM
It's not nearly as heavy as all the material prior to it. Granted Show No Mercy has a very speed metal feel to it, but they still did that more effectively than whatever SoH is supposed to be. Ghosts of War is the only song that really retains the proper thrashiness and the rest of the 'thrash' riffs feel like lamer versions of ones found on Reign. The song structures are not exciting at all, the entire thing feels slowed down. The vocals are complete shit. Honestly, I don't know what happened to Tom Araya. He could just as well be singing in an alternative rock band. Melodic, clean Slayer vox suck and he just gave up on the awesome evil vocals that dominated Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood. The production of the album feels like they were trying to sell it to a more mainstream crowd but falls short of totally going in that direction, leaving it with a weird lack of the intense 'metal' sound they used to have.
Mandatory Suicide is an awful, annoying song. Especially the "Suicide...Suicide" part. I can't express how much I hate that.

yeah I definitely get what you're saying. I think the slower, more mid-tempo songs work in their favor, though (not saying I don't prefer fast Slayer :horns:) Just saying that I don't think they should only stick with speed.
"Mandatory Suicide" shouldn't be a staple. The riff is godly but the song itself is not.
I don't really care about the lack of yelling, I think the singing fits well here.

jhdeity
08-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Interesting thread. Personally I think Reign in Blood is the best album ever made but after hearing this concert I would have to put Hell Awaits way up there also. Definitely Top 5.

I highly recommend checking this out before judging early Slayer. The Show No Mercy tracks live are even faster.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/jhdeity/014.jpg

Wizzbang11
08-15-2010, 01:31 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/jhdeity/014.jpg

That looks like the greatest Slayer set ever.
I must d/l hunt..

larvtard
08-15-2010, 01:47 PM
That looks like the greatest Slayer set ever.
I must d/l hunt..

If you find it please link me. I couldn't find anything...

I can't believe I'd never heard of this. Wow. What a set. But what is up with no "Metal Storm/Face The Slayer?" Easily could've been traded for Final Command (and, dare I say, Antichrist)..

Wizzbang11
08-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Last.fm'd

Queensrychian
08-15-2010, 05:08 PM
You make a good point here. I've got a herniated disc in my back from a job where I used to unload trucks. Even with treating it right it's still a pain in the ass to do anything physical for a long time. I even had to take a new job where I didn't do any heavy lifiting at all. I'm not that big of a Slayer fan but I give the man his props for at least going out there and doing the best he can given the circumstances.

Thanks Sanitarium

Jochen
08-17-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm joining the party...

Slayer

Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
Divine Intervention
Seasons In The Abyss
Haunting The Chapel
Reign in Blood
South Of Heaven
God Hates Us All
Diabolus In Musica
World Painted Blood
Christ Illusion

Megadeth

Rust In Peace
Countdown To Extinction
Youthanasia
Killing Is My Business...And Business is Good
So Far, So Good, So What
Cryptic Writings
The System Has Failed
The World Needs A Hero
Endgame
Risk
United Abominations

IronJudasCrue41
08-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Oh right on, Megadeth is playing Rust in Peace through, Slayer is playing Seasons in the Abyss through, and isn't Testament playing one of their albums also?

leglessmoof
08-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Oh right on, Megadeth is playing Rust in Peace through, Slayer is playing Seasons in the Abyss through, and isn't Testament playing one of their albums also?
Testament originally said they were playing "The Legacy" straight through, and they did do that in the spring when they toured with Megadeth and Exodus. But they decided to change it up for the Slayer/Megadeth tour.

IronJudasCrue41
08-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Testament originally said they were playing "The Legacy" straight through, and they did do that in the spring when they toured with Megadeth and Exodus. But they decided to change it up for the Slayer/Megadeth tour.

Oh ok, thanks :party:

IronJudasCrue41
08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok, my only complaint about the Megadeth setlist is that Their not playing Dialetic Chaos/This Day We Fight! at all, I was REALLY looking forward to those songs :bouville:

But thats ok, its RUST IN PEACE!!! The greatest Megadeth album ever!