PDA

View Full Version : Triptykon to Release "Shatter" EP

daimonos
08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
TRIPTYKON, the group formed by former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Warrior, will follow its highly acclaimed debut album, "Eparistera Daimones", with the release of "Shatter", an all-new five-track EP, on October 25 (Europe) and October 26 (North America).

At a playing time of approximately 28 minutes, "Shatter" will consist almost entirely of previously unreleased music.

The EP's track listing is as follows:

01. Shatter
02. I Am The Twilight
03. Crucifixus

(Recorded during the "Eparistera Daimones" album sessions in 2009. "Crucifixus" appears in a newly mixed and mastered version.)

04. Circle Of The Tyrants (live)
05. Dethroned Emperor (live)

(Cover versions of CELTIC FROST songs, recorded live during TRIPTYKON's headliner performance at the Roadburn Festival in Tilburg, The Netherlands, on April 16, 2010. "Dethroned Emperor" features guest lead vocals by Nocturno Culto of DARKTHRONE/SARKE.)

TRIPTYKON's "Shatter" EP will be available through Century Media Records (under license from Prowling Death Records Ltd.) as CD, digital download, and 12" vinyl (at 33? rpm). The EP will further contain the lyrics to all songs as well as detailed liner notes and credits.

:party:

mankvill
08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I was wondering where Crucifixus went.

MPF
08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
*That guy from Family Guy*

"Oh that's so funny, my band's name is Shattered and the new EP from Triptykon is called Shatter,. That is SOOOOO funny."

Actually it's pretty badass and I can't wait to check it out.

Crionics
08-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Yes!

Crionics
08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
For those of you who havn't heard Shatter, check it out, very good song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz2MoNc5_Co

I'm asumming most of us have heard Crucifixus. Can't wait to hear I Am the Twilight!

Oh and heres a video of the version of "Dethroned Emperor" that will be on the EP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_R4SKZ-2_I

ASYLUM
08-12-2010, 09:41 AM
For those of you who havn't heard Shatter, check it out, very good song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz2MoNc5_Co

Good song. I might check them out more. I will also look into Celtic Frost I am not that familiar with their music.

daimonos
08-12-2010, 10:23 AM

This was my first time hearing it and I thought it was great. I wonder if thats Vanja singing?

Crionics
08-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Good song. I might check them out more. I will also look into Celtic Frost I am not that familiar with their music.

First of all, welcome to metalsetlists!
If you like early extreme metal, you will LOVE Celtic Frost. If you are more into Black/Death/Thrash stuff, check out Morbid Tales. If you're more into the Doomish style that Triptykon plays, go with Monotheist.

This was my first time hearing it and I thought it was great. I wonder if thats Vanja singing?

Hmm good question, would be awsome if it is her. After looking around the internet, I can't find the answer. I always thought it would be cool if they would play stuff like "Obscured" or "Drown in Ashes" with her on the vocals. Either way, I love her :lovedup: her performance on "The Prolonging" is great.

mankvill
08-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh and heres a video of the version of "Dethroned Emperor" that will be on the EP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_R4SKZ-2_I

:drool:

They've slowed it down and made it EVEN HEAVIER than when I saw them in 2006. fapfapfap

daimonos
08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
:drool:

They've slowed it down and made it EVEN HEAVIER than when I saw them in 2006. fapfapfap

Check this out. It's Triptykon playing "Procreation (Of the Wicked)". It's alot slower than Frost's version, and it's still awesome. It kind of reminds me more of the material that is on Tripytkon's album, and definitely fits in with the rest of their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLoEcw5A3vo&feature=player_embedded#

ASYLUM
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
First of all, welcome to metalsetlists!
If you like early extreme metal, you will LOVE Celtic Frost. If you are more into Black/Death/Thrash stuff, check out Morbid Tales. If you're more into the Doomish style that Triptykon plays, go with Monotheist.

I am actually not a doom, black or extreme metal fan the most doom metal I listen to is 70's Sabbath and Type O Negative but I like the few songs I have heard from Celtic Frost and they seem worth checking out. I will check out Triptykon as well the first Triptykon song I heard was shatter and it was very good. They seem to be a different style from the music I listen to and I am always in the mood for different styles of music.

mankvill
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Check this out. It's Triptykon playing "Procreation (Of the Wicked)". It's alot slower than Frost's version, and it's still awesome. It kind of reminds me more of the material that is on Tripytkon's album, and definitely fits in with the rest of their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLoEcw5A3vo&feature=player_embedded#

They opened with that when I saw them in 2006 and it was absolutely EARTH-SHATTERING

mankvill
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I am actually not a doom, black or extreme metal fan the most doom metal I listen to is 70's Sabbath and Type O Negative but I like the few songs I have heard from Celtic Frost and they seem worth checking out. I will check out Triptykon as well the first Triptykon song I heard was shatter and it was very good. They seem to be a different style from the music I listen to and I am always in the mood for different styles of music.

Celtic Frost started as like black/thrash/death/heavy

Then they got kinda proggy

They they went glam (Cold Lake)

After that, they tried to get back to metal, then broke up.

Then reformed and released one of the heaviest doom metal albums of all time in 2006.

Crionics
08-12-2010, 11:53 AM

Then reformed and released one of the heaviest doom metal albums of all time in 2006.

CHERRY ORCHARDSSSSSSSSSSS

mankvill
08-12-2010, 11:53 AM
CHERRY ORCHARDSSSSSSSSSSS

*punch*

ASYLUM
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM

I know a lot about the bands history and influence. The first song from Celtic Frost I heard was A Dying God Coming into Human Flesh. I also know Into The Crypt Of Rays. I think that is all I know from Celtic Frost. I will take suggestions people here seem to love them.

mankvill
08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
I know a lot about the bands history and influence. The first song from Celtic Frost I heard was A Dying God Coming into Human Flesh. I also know Into The Crypt Of Rays. I think that is all I know from Celtic Frost. I will take suggestions people here seem to love them.

:fist: they're one of my favorite bands of all time.

Get Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion, and Monotheist. Those are essential. After that, you can look into Into The Pandemonium and Vanity/Nemesis. If you dare, after that you can venture into Cold Lake, but be wary.

ASYLUM
08-12-2010, 12:05 PM
:fist: they're one of my favorite bands of all time.

Get Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion, and Monotheist. Those are essential. After that, you can look into Into The Pandemonium and Vanity/Nemesis. If you dare, after that you can venture into Cold Lake, but be wary.

You said they went glam on Cold Lake. I dont mind glam metal.

Crionics
08-12-2010, 01:19 PM

Cold Lake is pretty funny.

mankvill
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM

Meh. Fans really didn't like it and Tom G. himself has said it is the worst album of all time. :lol:

Jochen
08-12-2010, 03:45 PM

If you're into Type O Negative, I really suggest listening to Morbid Tales and Monotheist. I love TON and there are some similar styles (imo) between Slow, Deep and Hard, and Morbid Tales, and, to a lesser extent, Monotheist and World Coming Down.