9/30 Pomona, CA @ Glasshouse
10/1 Flagstaff, AZ @ Orpheum Theatre
10/2 Albuquerque, NM @ The Launchpad
10/3 Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
10/5 Minneapolis, MN @ Varsity Theatre
10/6 Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall Ballroom
10/8 Rock Island, IL @ Rock Island Brewing Company
10/9 Urbana, IL Canopy Club
10/10 Chicago, IL @ Metro (Riot Festival)
10/11 Bloomington, IN @ Bluebird
10/13 Covington, KY @ Historic Southgate House
10/14 Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre
10/15 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
10/16 Rochester, NY @ Water Street
10/17 Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street
10/19 Halifax, NS @ The Paragon Theatre (Halifax Pop Explosion)
10/21 Portland, ME @ Port City Music Hall
10/22 Providence, RI @ Club Hell
10/23 Boston, MA @ Middle East Downstairs
10/24 New York, NY @ Webster Hall
10/26 Philadelphia, PA @ Starlite Ballroom
10/27 Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle

evildeadjedi
08-09-2010, 04:35 PM
10/15 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop

Fuck yea! :party:

mankvill
08-09-2010, 04:43 PM
:(

TonyD
08-09-2010, 05:02 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o&feature=related)

Derelict
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm throwing my jeans in the dryer now so my jeans are tight enough to fit in with the hipsters in the crowd by the time this show rolls around

TonyD
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm throwing my jeans in the dryer now so my jeans are tight enough to fit in with the hipsters in the crowd by the time this show rolls around

:nag:

Derelict
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
:nag:

I think thats my new favorite icon thing

idrinkwine732
08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
My 4th time seeing them this year? Sure, I'll go. Mainly for Torche and Kylesa though.

daimonos
08-09-2010, 09:04 PM
:wallbang:

bt11763
08-09-2010, 09:24 PM
fucking boner
amg.

christopher
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Fuck yeah! Glass House is 10 minutes from me! And Thursdays are the best night for me too! Can't wait!

MPF
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Why the fuck does this have to be two days after BLS/Clutch/Children Of Bodom?

God damn this is going to be a tough choice to who I wanna see.

JLRedWing13
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
This will be my first time seeing HoF....finally.

DethMaiden
08-10-2010, 09:50 PM
SHIIIIIIIIIIT The Bluebird is 21+. I'll be missing the only national metal show that will play Bloomington this decade. :( :(

es156
08-11-2010, 04:58 PM
SHIIIIIIIIIIT The Bluebird is 21+. I'll be missing the only national metal show that will play Bloomington this decade. :( :(

Go to the Urbana, IL show. The Canopy Club is 18+.

DethMaiden
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Go to the Urbana, IL show. The Canopy Club is 18+.

Meh, if I went in Bloomington, it would mainly be because there was a national metal show in Bloomington, not because I particularly care about High on Fire. They were good live opening for Opeth, but I'm not traveling for them.

Although Torche and Kylesa are supposed to be heavy as balls live. :bricks:

es156
08-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Meh, if I went in Bloomington, it would mainly be because there was a national metal show in Bloomington, not because I particularly care about High on Fire. They were good live opening for Opeth, but I'm not traveling for them.

Although Torche and Kylesa are supposed to be heavy as balls live. :bricks:

Kylesa rocked when they opened for Mastodon. I am looking forward to seeing them again.

mankvill
08-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Kylesa rocked when they opened for Mastodon. I am looking forward to seeing them again.

shoulda came to see them headline in Lawrence with Saviours and Red Fang.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11524

was tits

Derelict
08-11-2010, 10:55 PM

You are in college and you can't enter a 21+ venue?

/boggle

idrinkwine732
08-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Apparently this is a triple headliner.

DethMaiden
08-12-2010, 05:49 AM
You are in college and you can't enter a 21+ venue?

/boggle

Okay, well, I'm sure I could get in, but for me personally, HOF aren't worth the effort or expense.

Now, if Clutch decided to come back to Bloomington...

Natrlhi
08-12-2010, 08:41 AM
for me personally, HOF aren't worth the effort or expense.First of all, yes they are, but I realize that you don't really think so (yet). I have confidence you may eventually see the error of your ways here, though. This show being local to you (and presumably pretty cheap) makes it worth the effort just to try and cultivate the HoF fan that is inside you just waiting to come out. :D

...and then there's Kylesa. They are indeed awesome live. My love for that band is well-documented, so obviously I have some bias here, but one thing I know for sure is that you'd have to be a pretty big stiff not to at least be thoroughly entertained by them live. The twin lead guitar attack of Laura and Phil, plus the dual drumming assault is just awesome...plus, they are RIFFALICIOUS!!!

...and finally, there's Torche. They are also highly entertaining live. I seem to remember that you have a somewhat lukewarm interest in them, but I also seem to remember you saying that you like at least some of their stuff pretty well. All I can say is that they are even better live than on album, because the "fun" aspect of their music comes across loud and clear - and speaking of loud...they are. And heavy, too (when they want to be). Tarpit Carnivore is a fucking massive beast live - holy shit. :eek:

In summary - this is one hell of a 1-2-3 punch to the gut to be blowing off as cavalierly as you seem to be. I would re-evaluate. Just my :2cents:

evildeadjedi
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
First of all, yes they are, but I realize that you don't really think so (yet). I have confidence you may eventually see the error of your ways here, though. This show being local to you (and presumably pretty cheap) makes it worth the effort just to try and cultivate the HoF fan that is inside you just waiting to come out. :D

...and then there's Kylesa. They are indeed awesome live. My love for that band is well-documented, so obviously I have some bias here, but one thing I know for sure is that you'd have to be a pretty big stiff not to at least be thoroughly entertained by them live. The twin lead guitar attack of Laura and Phil, plus the dual drumming assault is just awesome...plus, they are RIFFALICIOUS!!!

...and finally, there's Torche. They are also highly entertaining live. I seem to remember that you have a somewhat lukewarm interest in them, but I also seem to remember you saying that you like at least some of their stuff pretty well. All I can say is that they are even better live than on album, because the "fun" aspect of their music comes across loud and clear - and speaking of loud...they are. And heavy, too (when they want to be). Tarpit Carnivore is a fucking massive beast live - holy shit. :eek:

In summary - this is one hell of a 1-2-3 punch to the gut to be blowing off as cavalierly as you seem to be. I would re-evaluate. Just my :2cents:

Nat, you have hit the nail directly on the head.

Come on Brad, be a rebel and try to get into the show! Hemingway would be proud. :horns:

mankvill
08-12-2010, 12:11 PM
High On Fire is one of the few metal bands today people should be absolutely psyched for albums and for live shows and should go out of their way to get both.

TonyD
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm especially stoked for this because I've never seen Torche before. Even though they're not as good as a 3 piece from what I'm hearing on youtube.
Also, wut? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtNGSXqS_A4&feature=player_embedded)

TonyD
09-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Just about a week left beeches, I guess I get first dibs to post the set list.

larvtard
09-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Nice, I just realized this is coming to Bloomington the Monday night of Columbus Day weekend when I plan to visit IU. Maybe I'll see if my dad and I can get an early morning flight. Brad, you better go! Is it an all ages club? I remember my dad saying that the music clubs in Bloomington are 21+...he went to school there.

EDIT: nevermind...I just saw the post where you said it's 21+. Eh, maybe I'll see them in Chicago the night before.