PDA

View Full Version : Entire new Iron Maiden has leaked!!!

Travis The Dragon
08-09-2010, 12:35 PM
PM me if you want a download link.

MPF
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Just popped up on the site I use. So by the time I get done with my band practices tonight it should be the perfect music to come home to and rock out to.

I really hope this album will be worth the wait.

idrinkwine732
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Just popped up on the site I use. So by the time I get done with my band practices tonight it should be the perfect music to come home to and rock out to.

I really hope this album will be worth the wait.

It is. It's really great.

ravenheart
08-09-2010, 01:33 PM
OMG I'm so excited! No, wait, I have patience. False alarm. As you were.

Div
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
OMG I'm so excited! No, wait, I have patience. False alarm. As you were.

You must be the coolest person ever to hang out with

ravenheart
08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
You must be the coolest person ever to hang out with

I just don't care about shitty mp3 leaks. For my money, if you really care about the record, the excitement and anticipation belongs to getting the CD home and spinning it for the first time. All leaks do is ruin that. And in a substandard form as well. Waste. Of. Time.

Impatience is nothing to be proud of.

Div
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I just don't care about shitty mp3 leaks. All they do is ruin the enjoyment of listening to a new CD for the first time when you get it home. And in a substandard form as well. Waste. Of. Time.

You think the quality is less on an mp3? I can understand it feeling less special because theres no physical copy, but I have a hard time telling the difference in sound, even with FLAC files and the sort.

Sanitarium78
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I just don't care about shitty mp3 leaks. For my money, if you really care about the record, the excitement and anticipation belongs to getting the CD home and spinning it for the first time. All leaks do is ruin that. And in a substandard form as well. Waste. Of. Time.

Impatience is nothing to be proud of.

It's not about impatience with me. It's about taking advantage of what's available to you today. I can always wait until the release date but if it's up ahead of time why the hell not take advantage of it?

Maiden33
08-09-2010, 02:23 PM
GRRRR I don't know if I have the will-power.

evildeadjedi
08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I really like it, currently on "Starblind".

PowerMaiden
08-09-2010, 03:49 PM
why wait ? it's there ...

as long as you buy it on the 17 th ...

anyway ...

after 2 listen I can honestly say they did it again !

definitely a complex and very progressive album, they do go into uncharted territories... it will take a few listen to catch all the subtilities of it, but it's already fucking good

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TonyD
08-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't start a thread on every little thing about Maiden.

Dissimulate
08-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I just posted my review of it.

Maiden33
08-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I just posted my review of it.

After what? One listen? I bet it will be an intriguing and well-thought-out read.

Sanitarium78
08-09-2010, 04:53 PM
After what? One listen? I bet it will be an intriguing and well-thought-out read.

Yeah and he actually has a pretty decent review of it:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14314

As for me after one listen i've found it kinda of boring. Nothing is grabbing me at all. I'll try and listen to it on my headphones later tonight and see if anything changes.

There's nothing wrong with giving a review after one listen. Usually your initial reaction to something is the most honest one.

jhdeity
08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
The Talisman is the best song by a mile to me. The Man Who Would be King is by far my least favorite because of the lyrics

Travis The Dragon
08-09-2010, 05:00 PM

You call this a little thing?

powerslave_85
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm on Isle of Avalon. Don't really have an opinion on the album yet, except that Bruce does not sound good at all.

MPF
08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Just hit play and in the middle of The Final Frontier. They really should have separated Satellite 15 and The Final Frontier into separate tracks. They are two completely different tracks.

maidenpriest
08-09-2010, 10:00 PM
i will say that bruce does sound off compared to earlier reunion albums but alas he is getting older =( but im really liking it so far. on Isle of Avalon atm

Maiden33
08-09-2010, 10:26 PM
As of this early point, I would rank the songs as follows:

01.Starblind
02.The Talisman
03.Isle of Avalon
04.The Alchemist
05.Coming Home
06.Mother of Mercy
07.The Man Who Would Be King
08.El Dorado
09.When the Wild Wind Blows
10.The Final Frontier

Honestly WtWWB will probably move up because it is pretty damn good, I was just very underwhelmed by it, I was expecting something bigger.

powerslave_85
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
The Alchemist is so fucking good. Holy shit.

idrinkwine732
08-09-2010, 10:52 PM
I think Coming Home is the worst song, but there is no clear worst song. I think WTWWB is actually fantastic. If you were expecting Rime, you weren't going to get it, but damn I think it's great.

zgodt
08-09-2010, 10:59 PM
people being excited makes me excited. i am such a sucker.

powerslave_85
08-09-2010, 11:03 PM
WTWWB gives me sort of a "Clansman" vibe. The melodies feel kinda Celtic.

I didn't like Coming Home at first, but it's growing on me.

"Mother of Mercy" has a strange chorus, and Bruce is realllllllly straining himself, but the rest of the song is solid. Very heavy.

idrinkwine732
08-09-2010, 11:11 PM
"Mother of Mercy" has a strange chorus, and Bruce is realllllllly straining himself, but the rest of the song is solid. Very heavy.

Straining himself indeed. I think there's no way they pull that one off live.

SomewhereInTime72
08-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Didn't Bruce already write a song about an alchemist... :eek:

maidenpriest
08-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Didn't Bruce already write a song about an alchemist... :eek:

yeah. i like this one a lot more though lol

The_jman
08-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I like the album, some of the longer songs are just too long IMO, it does not lend itself to casual listening, not saying that's a bad thing, its just hard to find the time to sit down and truly devote yourself to 9+ minutes of a song, unless you have time to spin the entire record

Hears figuring they'll play the final frontier, Eldorado, mother of mercy, coming home, and the alchemist for the album tour and probably one of the other longer ones, because they typically play 6 songs from a new album, saiv AMOLAD (of course) at least that's what they did with BNW and DOD, they played 6 from each. I'm pretty sure they played 6 from FOTD back when it was new too either that or it was 5, but anyway 5-6 songs from a new record save AMOLAD seems to be their pattern.
which 5-6 do you all think they'll play either or which would you like to see them play?
I don't think they'll do another AMOLAD its too long of an album.

Div
08-10-2010, 05:13 PM
i think the alchemist is about the book, but i cant really tell until someone posts the full lyrics.

Citatet
08-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Like always. Maiden albums takes a few listens to complete get into. But this sounds really promising.

I just find it hard to enjoy the record from Isle of Avalon to The Man who would be king. But they will probably grow on me. The Title Track, Mother of Mercy, Wild Wind are all killertracks and have that special Maiden-feeling we all love.

But in a live setting I think we will see two thing happen.

1. They won´t do Satellite 15 as an opener (Btw: it reminds me very much of Hell Awaits)

2. The longer tracks will probably be perform in some kind of "Final Frontier - Medley). I really get this feeling when I am hearing them. And that would pretty much suck..

idrinkwine732
08-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I disagree, I think they will do a shortened version of Satelitte 15 over the PA, then go into The Final Frontier.

I think you could see them doing the full version of When the Wild Wind Blows, and maybe one other, but I dunno.

Spiral_Slave
08-11-2010, 09:49 AM
My favorite right now is definitely Isle Of Babylon. Really love the creepy vibe, it reminds me of the middle section of ROTAM, and the song has an awesome chorus.

Does any one else feel like the solos are way too low in the mix?

powerslave_85
08-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm withholding any opinion about the production until I have a physical copy. It's kind of presumptuous to judge that after only hearing some low-quality mp3s.

The_jman
08-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm withholding any opinion about the production until I have a physical copy. It's kind of presumptuous to judge that after only hearing some low-quality mp3s.
although the copy I obtained is ripped at 320k bps, so not really sure how one could call it low quality.

idrinkwine732
08-11-2010, 11:39 AM
although the copy I obtained is ripped at 320k bps, so not really sure how one could call it low quality.

I think that one's a transcode, so it's not actually 320. Unless you have a different one than I do.

Maiden33
08-11-2010, 11:49 AM
1. They won´t do Satellite 15 as an opener (Btw: it reminds me very much of Hell Awaits)

2. The longer tracks will probably be perform in some kind of "Final Frontier - Medley). I really get this feeling when I am hearing them. And that would pretty much suck..

No, and no.

I disagree, I think they will do a shortened version of Satelitte 15 over the PA, then go into The Final Frontier.

This explains my first "no". The second is because Maiden has never done a medley.

Does any one else feel like the solos are way too low in the mix?

Hmmm, maybe a tad. I think the solo volume actually changes throughout the record, which I like. I absolutely love the more loose vibe of the soloing on the whole record. It's less like: "Dave solos here, and... GO", and then its the obligatory 32 measures before moving onto Adrian, or whatever. The guitar work really breathes on this album which is something I've thought Maiden records of the past (especially the last several) were missing. Adrian in particular has a couple of very long and very expressive solos that cover a whole bunch of vibes we don't typically hear in Maiden guitar work.

And on the subject of what we'll hear live:
If they don't play the whole album (which I'm willing to believe there's a fair chance they will), they will probably play:
The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother of Mercy, The Alchemist, possibly Coming Home, and 1 or 2 of the longer songs because they usually take on one or two really ambitious tracks on an album tour (Dream of Mirrors, Paschendale). I'm hoping Starblind and The Talisman (my two favorites, period), but I don't know.

idrinkwine732
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
What's the deal with all the Starblind love?

I'm not sure what everyone sees in it. I think it's relatively forgetable.

Maiden33
08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
What's the deal with all the Starblind love?

I'm not sure what everyone sees in it. I think it's relatively forgetable.

Almost definitely my favorite song on the album. There's just so many things about it I love.

powerslave_85
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I love it. One of my favorites for sure.

daimonos
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Alright guys I have a question I would like some of you to answer for me.

As someone who loves Brave New World, and likes about 75% of AMOLAD, would this be worth buying? I'm not too familiar with Dance of Death, but would you say that this has a chance of being better than any of the previously mentioned albums?

The_jman
08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Alright guys I have a question I would like some of you to answer for me.

As someone who loves Brave New World, and likes about 75% of AMOLAD, would this be worth buying? I'm not too familiar with Dance of Death, but would you say that this has a chance of being better than any of the previously mentioned albums?
Better than AMOLAD IMO. I love DoD and Brave new worald just could never really get into AMOLAD. and although I feel DoD and BNW have some very forgettable tracks between them they're solid records over all. This album is as good as those IMO, there's not a song I really dislike on this one, so yes I'd recommend it. but its not like I'm the leading expert or anything just my opinion.

Dissimulate
08-11-2010, 03:00 PM
If you like reunion era Maiden, you'll like this. I think that BNW is better then this, but this is one like AMOLAD where I wasn't huge on it at first but it started to grow.

idrinkwine732
08-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I'll rate reunion albums as such.

Brave New World > The Final Frontier > A Matter of Life And Death > Dance of Death

This is no insult to Dance of Death though, which is an album I love quite a bit.

Sanitarium78
08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Brave New World > Dance Of Death > A Matter Of Life And Death > The Final Fronteir.

TFF needs more time for me before I rank it above any of the other reunion albums. Also, isn't it funny how I rate the reunion albums in order of when they came out?

Oh no, Maiden is getting worse with every album I think it's time they retire now:lol:

Maiden33
08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Way too early to rank compared to the other 3, but I have no shame in admitting it will never top Brave New world for me (second favorite Maiden album overall). But it's a great album, if you like any reunion material you should give it a shot. I really think they made serious headway in breaking the "reunion album" mold with this one.

idrinkwine732
08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Way too early to rank compared to the other 3, but I have no shame in admitting it will never top Brave New world for me (second favorite Maiden album overall). But it's a great album, if you like any reunion material you should give it a shot. I really think they made serious headway in breaking the "reunion album" mold with this one.

I concur.

(second favorite Maiden album overall)

Also, SIT right?

youngandaspiring
08-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I think it's quite a huge step up from AMOLAD, which I didn't particularly enjoy. Maiden really showed their variety with this album, and wrote some very strong tracks that break the mold of their previous reunion albums. Upon the first few listens, Coming Home, The Alchemist, and The Talisman all stand out.

Bruce does sound awfully strained on a few tracks, particularly the choruses of Mother of Mercy and The Talisman, but that's a nitpick really.

Overall, I'm very happy with the album, and it has great potential to be the 2nd best Maiden reunion album (after BNW which is probably my favourite Maiden album of all time). Big thumbs up, Up the Irons!

Crionics
08-12-2010, 07:25 AM
I'll rate reunion albums as such.

Brave New World > The Final Frontier > A Matter of Life And Death > Dance of Death

This is no insult to Dance of Death though, which is an album I love quite a bit.

Agreed, word for word. :cool:

Maiden33
08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I concur.

Also, SIT right?

Yep.

Indestructible
08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm listening to it now. On the Talisman right now and I can already say I like it better than A Matter of Life and Death.

Indestructible
08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Reunion Album Ranking:
Dance of Death
Brave New World
A Matter Of Life and Death
The Final Frontier

daimonos
08-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Reunion Album Ranking:
Dance of Death
Brave New World
A Matter Of Life and Death
The Final Frontier

Why thank you for the big letters to catch my attention.

Travis The Dragon
08-14-2010, 09:10 PM
High quality scans of the entire CD booklet: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/fonzbear2000/IM-TFF-scans/

Maiden33
08-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I got my physical copy yesterday. :D

CD booklet art is nice, but I could've done with more actual band photos.

JLRedWing13
08-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I can't wait to hear this in a couple days. :D