PDA

View Full Version : Forum suggestion: allow members to change thread titles.

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 11:14 PM
For example, if I post a thread saying that a band is going to tour, it would be nice to be able to change the thread title when the tour dates are mentioned. That way, people don't always have to check back for updates. They would know by the thread title being updated. What do you think?

treghet
08-07-2010, 11:21 PM
This depends on if the forum software allows it, but if it does, I would vote to allow it.

TonyD
08-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Fonzbear sugguestion: not every thought in your head/tidbit of Maiden news that comes out requires a new thread.

treghet
08-08-2010, 01:16 AM
That too. :lol:

JRA
08-08-2010, 07:54 AM
It would be kind of nice if I didn't need to call for the mod every time my radio show time changes.

Sanitarium78
08-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Wouldn't people know that the thread has been updated with a new post since they move up to the top when that happens? I can see them allowing the person who created the thread to edit the title but it they shouldn't allow anyone to do it.

Plus, wouldn't you have to have some computer knowledge on how to "break into the system" and edit that stuff?

Travis The Dragon
08-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Fonzbear sugguestion: not every thought in your head/tidbit of Maiden news that comes out requires a new thread.

I don't start a thread on every little thing about Maiden. In fact, there are things about Maiden that I could have started that I didn't. They were recently confirmed for Soundwave festival next year. Do you see a thread from me about that? Plus, this isn't even about starting new threads so I don't know why you even brought it up.

Wouldn't people know that the thread has been updated with a new post since they move up to the top when that happens? I can see them allowing the person who created the thread to edit the title but it they shouldn't allow anyone to do it.

Plus, wouldn't you have to have some computer knowledge on how to "break into the system" and edit that stuff?1. If we can edit the titles, then people wouldn't always have to check the thread every time it's bumped up. I've been on other forums where it's allowed and there haven't been any problems with it.

2.You wouldn't need to "break into the system" if the owner of the site turned the option on that allows it.

ravenheart
08-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Changing the thread title is particularly relevant when people make mistakes! Like putting the wrong date on a setlist thread.

But yes, you only allow the thread starter to change the title of their own thread. It's pretty common elsewhere, including boards who use the same software as this one.

Travis The Dragon
08-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Changing the thread title is particularly relevant when people make mistakes! Like putting the wrong date on a setlist thread.

But yes, you only allow the thread starter to change the title of their own thread. It's pretty common elsewhere, including boards who use the same software as this one.

Yes, exactly. :)

Div
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I would make a cool thread and then change the title to "everyone who posts in this thread is a faggot"

revenge will be mine

JLRedWing13
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm for it.

The_jman
08-10-2010, 05:54 PM
it'd be nice for when a n00b formats a setlist thread title wrong. Many of us have done it. and when we get corrected it would be nice to change it real quick before everyone on the board sees our stupidity. Although I think I have actually gotten a title right... I think... not that I'm that new, I just can't always spell, lol.