PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian European tour dates.

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.blind-guardian.com/tour/

I can't wait for a USA tour!

mankvill
08-07-2010, 01:22 PM
all euro

why even post this fonzy :I

Maiden33
08-07-2010, 01:35 PM
all euro

why even post this fonzy :I

Thanks for saving me the trouble of clicking on the link.

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 02:00 PM
What? Is this site for USA tours only? People from all over the world are on here, not just USA.

mankvill
08-07-2010, 02:14 PM
What? Is this site for USA tours only? People from all over the world are on here, not just USA.

America Uber Alles

maidenpriest
08-07-2010, 02:17 PM
damn it!! got me all excited for no reason...

xStructualDefect
08-07-2010, 02:24 PM
got all excited for no reason lol. could've put EURO tour dates

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 03:19 PM
If a mod could change the thread title, that would be great. I wish it was set up so we could change our thread titles.

makethemsuffer12
08-07-2010, 03:27 PM

While you're right that there are people from multiple countries on this site, the truth is that most of us are from the US/Canada, thus making news about North American tours more relevant than European tour news on this forum.

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 03:40 PM
While you're right that there are people from multiple countries on this site, the truth is that most of us are from the US/Canada, thus making news about North American tours more relevant than European tour news on this forum.

Ah, I understand. I'll keep that in mind for the future. :)

MPF
08-07-2010, 05:19 PM
http://www.blind-guardian.com/tour/

I can't wait for a USA tour!

You're going to be waiting a LONG time. Just like me. Blind Guardian touring the USA is as likely as Death reforming to go on tour with Pantera.

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 05:39 PM
You're going to be waiting a LONG time. Just like me. Blind Guardian touring the USA is as likely as Death reforming to go on tour with Pantera.

They toured the USA for their last album so why do you think it'll be a long time for the next?

maidenpriest
08-07-2010, 05:40 PM

ya they toured for A Twist in the Myth and A Night at the Opera...they will definitely tour again for this album, Andre has already mentioned it. im assuming either around late Nov/December or after Christmas.

MPF
08-07-2010, 05:42 PM
They toured the USA for their last album so why do you think it'll be a long time for the next?

The demand isn't there. I mean I'd love for them to tour the US, especially at Station 4 in St. Paul, but if you've seen the local Power Metal shows at places like Station 4, you notice the crowds are getting smaller and smaller.

It's the same reason bands like Evergrey don't tour here anymore.

darkguardian50
08-07-2010, 06:36 PM
They are gonna tour the US, they mentioned it at least once already. That could always change but I have no reason to think it would. They always draw a good crowd (for the venues they play). They actually toured the USA for a small tour between Nightfall and ANATO. I saw them and they did mostly old stuff and stuff from Nightfall. Then I saw them again during the ANATO tour. I missed them on the last tour around tho. I talked with Hansi about this briefly (touring the USA and small crowds vs the big venues they play in Europe) because the first time I saw them they actually played two nights. They sold out the first night and so they played a second night same venue next day and it was a small crowd, very intimate and awesome. Hansi and Marcus hung around and talked with some of us a bit. He said he loves playing to these small crowds because they are the die hard fans and they get really into the music. He also said its a nice break after playing the big shows in Europe, might have been Marcus that said that but you get the drift.

BG and Iced Earth and such bands draw a good crowd. The big problem is bands like Therion who make almost no money touring the US cause no one knows who they are even in the metal community. Its a damn shame but I think Christofer has said in pretty much no uncertain terms that they probably will never tour the USA again. Its a real pity cause that was one of the best live shows I have ever been to, and the club owner even came up before they went on and said about how amazing they have been and how big a fan he was of them now. I can see this being a problem for other less well known euro bands such as Pain of Salvation or newer rising acts like Orphaned Land.

Even if bands like BG stop touring here they will still show up for festivals like ProgPower so there will always be chances to see them.

MPF
08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
They are gonna tour the US, they mentioned it at least once already. That could always change but I have no reason to think it would. They always draw a good crowd (for the venues they play). They actually toured the USA for a small tour between Nightfall and ANATO. I saw them and they did mostly old stuff and stuff from Nightfall. Then I saw them again during the ANATO tour. I missed them on the last tour around tho. I talked with Hansi about this briefly (touring the USA and small crowds vs the big venues they play in Europe) because the first time I saw them they actually played two nights. They sold out the first night and so they played a second night same venue next day and it was a small crowd, very intimate and awesome. Hansi and Marcus hung around and talked with some of us a bit. He said he loves playing to these small crowds because they are the die hard fans and they get really into the music. He also said its a nice break after playing the big shows in Europe, might have been Marcus that said that but you get the drift.

BG and Iced Earth and such bands draw a good crowd. The big problem is bands like Therion who make almost no money touring the US cause no one knows who they are even in the metal community. Its a damn shame but I think Christofer has said in pretty much no uncertain terms that they probably will never tour the USA again. Its a real pity cause that was one of the best live shows I have ever been to, and the club owner even came up before they went on and said about how amazing they have been and how big a fan he was of them now. I can see this being a problem for other less well known euro bands such as Pain of Salvation or newer rising acts like Orphaned Land.

Even if bands like BG stop touring here they will still show up for festivals like ProgPower so there will always be chances to see them.

I really hope that's true. I need my live Blind Guardian fix.

AnthG
08-07-2010, 08:38 PM
The big problem is bands like Therion who make almost no money touring the US cause no one knows who they are even in the metal community. Its a damn shame but I think Christofer has said in pretty much no uncertain terms that they probably will never tour the USA again. Its a real pity cause that was one of the best live shows I have ever been to, and the club owner even came up before they went on and said about how amazing they have been and how big a fan he was of them now. I can see this being a problem for other less well known euro bands such as Pain of Salvation or newer rising acts like Orphaned Land.

Some friends of mine went to see Therion when they toured North America in 2007. They played a venue that holds about 700 or 800 people, and my friend estimated that maybe 50 people were there.

Orphaned Land is touring with Katatonia this year as well, so we'll see how that goes.

Maiden33
08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
@ MPF:

A whole bunch of the shows on the last USA tour were sold out. They will be coming back, there is no doubt. Blind Guardian has nearly twice the drawing power of most power metal bands. They are honestly one of the most popular power metal bands in America.

MPF
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM
@ MPF:

A whole bunch of the shows on the last USA tour were sold out. They will be coming back, there is no doubt. Blind Guardian has nearly twice the drawing power of most power metal bands. They are honestly one of the most popular power metal bands in America.

I guess I didn't realize that. I'm so used to seeing Power Metal shows where I can stay in the front guard rail between bands, go get merchandise and go to the bathroom then come back and get my exact same spot back when I return.

Maybe sometime in 2010/2011 They will be here in full force.

Travis The Dragon
08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
@ MPF:

That's wonderful to hear! They are definitely one of the very best power metal bands out there.

darkguardian50
08-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Some friends of mine went to see Therion when they toured North America in 2007. They played a venue that holds about 700 or 800 people, and my friend estimated that maybe 50 people were there.

Orphaned Land is touring with Katatonia this year as well, so we'll see how that goes.

When I saw them (at the Jaxx in 07) it was a venue that held about 700 or so and i estimate about 500 or 600 were there, could have been half that but it was definitely at least half full. However I heard from Kristian that some of the places they played earlier in the tour were to less than 100 people. Hard to justify that. So I while I wish it weren't so I totally get why they wouldn't want to do it.

Yea I saw about them touring with Katatonia and I figured I might finally get a chance to see them. Not so much. I fucking hate Florida. I love everything else about it but I miss being able to drive 20 minutes to the Jaxx and see pretty much any metal show that was touring the US.

mankvill
08-08-2010, 01:10 AM
for fuck's sake.

In before:

BLIND GUARDIAN NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!!!!!

Date - New York
Date - Canada
Date - Canada
Date - Los Angeles

Fuck. I'm never going to get to see Blind Guardian, Sodom, Iron Maiden, or anyone. :(

treghet
08-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Fuck. I'm never going to get to see Blind Guardian, Sodom, Iron Maiden, or anyone. :(

You need to move, bro. ;)

maidenpriest
08-08-2010, 01:44 AM
for fuck's sake.

In before:

Date - New York
Date - Canada
Date - Canada
Date - Los Angeles

have some faith, BG has done 2 decent sized US tours lol they hit places like Colorado, Ohio, Texas, Missouri and Arizona which is a lot more to say than Iron Maiden and some other bands on certain tours. u might get lucky and get somewhere close this go around.

Sinfulsot
08-08-2010, 04:02 AM
I'm still waiting for the stars to align for some sort of quick and dirty Demons & Wizards tour. Unless I missed it.

darkguardian50
08-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Jon has said a couple times that if the timing ended up right that they were touring around the same time he would love for them to do a double headliner type package and open with Demons and Wizards material. They have never really been touring at the same time though in the last couple of album releases...

makethemsuffer12
08-08-2010, 07:48 AM
for fuck's sake.

In before:

Date - New York
Date - Canada
Date - Canada
Date - Los Angeles

Well shit, go find yourself a tornado and get the fuck out of West Bumblefuck.

evildeadjedi
08-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm predicting the NA tour will be fairly widespread and will start in January or February.

mankvill
08-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Well shit, go find yourself a tornado and get the fuck out of West Bumblefuck.

I get more than enough shows (been to 24 this year so far) and Lawrence is such an awesome town to live in.

Those German fucks can come to me.

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2010, 11:46 AM
NYC gets so much shows that it makes you feel bad knowing you have missed some truly great performances.

I don't even waste my time with metal shows unless the whole lineup is good.

Though I would like to see Blind Guardian.

mankvill
08-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't even waste my time with metal shows unless the whole lineup is good.

And that's why I hate New York/Chicago/LA metal fans :flame:

makethemsuffer12
08-08-2010, 12:07 PM

Hey, we're not all like that. :finger2:

mankvill
08-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey, we're not all like that. :finger2:

:lovedup:

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2010, 02:43 PM

What do you mean? I don't see why when we have the choice of Summer Slaughter or Altar of Plagues/Castevet/Velnias that most would go with Summer Slaughter.

mankvill
08-08-2010, 03:08 PM
What do you mean? I don't see why when we have the choice of Summer Slaughter or Altar of Plagues/Castevet/Velnias that most would go with Summer Slaughter.

I just know people who live in those areas that have become jaded hipsters when it comes to shows.

"Eyehategod on a boat? I'll go for Pig Destroyer opening and then leave, but come late so I miss Goatwhore and etc. etc."

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I just know people who live in those areas that have become jaded hipsters when it comes to shows.

"Eyehategod on a boat? I'll go for Pig Destroyer opening and then leave, but come late so I miss Goatwhore and etc. etc."

Ehh, I for one do check out all the bands even if I think they suck before hand but it doesn't really bother me that others don't

JLRedWing13
08-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Here's hoping that Blind Guardian come somewhere close, I've never seen them.

maidenpriest
08-09-2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144258

Metalhead Andrew interviewing Hansi =) Sacred Worlds is apparently going to be the new opener. ill miss Into the Storm but oh well. and nothing new about US dates, Hansi says late 2010. i want my damn dates!!!! lol

evildeadjedi
08-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Here's hoping that Blind Guardian come somewhere close, I've never seen them.

They almost always come to Cleveland, so you might have to head southeast.