08-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Very kick ass-show, but I waited some more songs

Set-list:

01. Caught In A Mosh
02. Got The Time (Joe Jackson cover)
03. Madhouse
04. Be All, End All
05. Antisocial (Trust cover)
06. Indians + fragment of Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath cover)
07. Medusa
08. Only
09. Metal Thrashing Mad
10. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)

Encore:

11. I Am The Law

Here is some my pics from this concert

http://headbanger.ru/fmst/files/data/48346.JPG

All pics are here
http://headbanger.ru/reports/3088?show_images=1
Photos by Dmitry “Ward” Kulikov
(с) HeadBanger.ru

JRA
08-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Fucking awful setlist. Only redeeming thing is Medusa.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Fucking awful setlist. Only redeeming thing is Medusa.

:eyes: All of those songs are good. Is it just awful because it's short?

girnny777
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Decent set, if short. Needs AIR, Lone Justice, and Among the Living.

makethemsuffer12
08-06-2010, 12:51 PM

This.

Sanitarium78
08-06-2010, 01:01 PM

They add those to the set above and then you've got me going to their show. Also, add a good song or two from POT to the set. Enough with this GTT crap. Who the fuck is Joe Jackson anyways and why the hell does he deserve Anthrax's respect so much? I'm sorry a headlining set of only 11 songs from one of the big four? Not good at all.

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I think it's a bad set because those are the only songs they ever play.

Derelict
08-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for always posting us sets from Moscow - hope you're doing ok in the awfulness there right now

Natrlhi
08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
:eyes: All of those songs are good. Is it just awful because it's short?This.

elturtleboy
08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
tooo short :mad:
Medusa actually does make up for it.

Crionics
08-06-2010, 03:24 PM

This, word for word.

JRA
08-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I think it's a bad set because those are the only songs they ever play.

Exactly. If Scott Ian wants to tour with Metallica so bad, maybe he should take a cue for them and play songs no one has heard in 20 years. And Heaven & Hell? :hecho: As if they don't have enough cover songs in their set.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Exactly. If Scott Ian wants to tour with Metallica so bad, maybe he should take a cue for them and play songs no one has heard in 20 years. And Heaven & Hell? :hecho: As if they don't have enough cover songs in their set.

Puh-leeze. You a big fan of the originals of Got the Time and Antisocial or something? I think to most metalheads, those are just Anthrax songs at this point, and good ones at that.

Maidenmagic
08-06-2010, 05:42 PM
If they were opening for another band they could get away with such a short set. I'm going to be seeing them on the American Carnage tour so I hope they keep Medusa and I am the Law (My two favorite Anthrax songs) I do agree that the covers need to go. Maybe throw in with Lone Justice, Gung Ho, and Keep it in the family.

JRA
08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Puh-leeze. You a big fan of the originals of Got the Time and Antisocial or something? I think to most metalheads, those are just Anthrax songs at this point, and good ones at that.

It's just when I think about what I've heard those are the two weakest songs from those albums, there is so much better stuff they could be playing. Ok they played Be All, End All along with Antisocial, so I will let the hook off just a smidge. But Got The Time? Over Intro To Reality/Belly Of The Beast? Discharge? Time :eyes: ? Got The Time maybe a "hit" but it's a hit no one gives a shit about.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 06:24 PM
It's just when I think about what I've heard those are the two weakest songs from those albums, there is so much better stuff they could be playing. Ok they played Be All, End All along with Antisocial, so I will let the hook off just a smidge. But Got The Time? Over Intro To Reality/Belly Of The Beast? Discharge? Time :eyes: ? Got The Time maybe a "hit" but it's a hit no one gives a shit about.

I had no idea that was the consensus on Got the Time, honestly. I love it. Listen to it all the time. Love the bass, love the chorus, just generally love the song, and would imagine that it translates awesome to a live arena, just like the comparable Wrathchild does. :2cents:

JRA
08-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I had no idea that was the consensus on Got the Time, honestly. I love it. Listen to it all the time. Love the bass, love the chorus, just generally love the song, and would imagine that it translates awesome to a live arena, just like the comparable Wrathchild does. :2cents:

You also never answered my text, chump. :tongue:

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
You also never answered my text, chump. :tongue:

I don't have any from you right now, but if you texted me last night, I have no memory of it. Things got a little out of hand. :eyes:

JRA
08-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't have any from you right now, but if you texted me last night, I have no memory of it. Things got a little out of hand. :eyes:

I texted you almost an hour ago when I was at tracks because I couldn't decide between Pure Holocaust or Traced In Air.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 06:47 PM
I texted you almost an hour ago when I was at tracks because I couldn't decide between Pure Holocaust or Traced In Air.

Huh. Yeah, I definitely never got that. I would have said Traced in Air. Looks like you went with Pure Holocaust. :lol:

JRA
08-06-2010, 07:06 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU— :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sanitarium78
08-06-2010, 07:38 PM

I agree that there are a lot better songs than GTT they can do. But to think that Discharge is something they would even comtemplate putting in the set is just way out there. It's not something they've ever done live and if they have it was very little. There are a lot better tunes off POT they can pick and that's where my issue with them always doing GTT comes in to play. BOTB is one of their best known songs and still hasn't appeared in any of the sets since Joey got back as far as I know and that's a real head scratcher for me.

Yeah that's the consensus for the dedicated Anthrax fans on GTT. It does work well live and is a fun little rocker in the set. But there are many more songs not only off that album but from the rest of the Belladonna era that are way better that they completely ignore live.

There's just no way GTT rocks better than ATL, AIR, IMW, KIITF or BOTB live. Also, how the fuck is ATL not been a standard in their most recent sets?

Derelict
08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Scott had to cut the set short so that he could get backstage and record some cutting edge commentary for VH1

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Scott had to cut the set short so that he could get backstage and record some cutting edge commentary for VH1

:lol:

Scott never met a microphone and camera he didn't like.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Had to meet up with Henry Rollins first, too.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/HG_neely_4-300x227.jpg

the chewbacca defense
08-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Id love to hear them do Gung Ho, but that aint' happenin i dont think

iggus
08-07-2010, 11:01 AM
agree totally on this. Would be cool to add "Deathrider" and "Armed & dangerous". Where they the headline act? ...go all the way to Russia where they hardly ever play and pull out only 11 songs?? have to think this didn't come form Anthrax, surely they would have wanted to play more.... odd..

jhdeity
08-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Seriously, I'd rather hear ANY Anthrax song before Antisocial. I never liked that song and really don't see why they think it's so great. When they turn it into a sing-a-long at shows I want to projectile vomit.

I am glad they brought NFL back. And yes AIR and Among the Living are 2 of their best songs. How they continue to not play them baffles me.

metallicbrian666
08-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Had to meet up with Henry Rollins first, too.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/HG_neely_4-300x227.jpg

I still need to buy that comic hahahahaha

In other news, this greatest-hits set blows. I'm all for the classics, but play something we haven't heard endlessly.

DethMaiden
08-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I still need to buy that comic hahahahaha

It's great, dude. Get on it.

JRA
08-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I need to read it just so I can see Hall & Oates as satanists.