PDA

View Full Version : Between The Buried And Me -- Lawrence, KS -- August 5th, 2010

mankvill
08-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Frontman Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried And Me (BTBAM) announced to the crowd that the show tonight in Kansas will be their last for the year. Although they didn't pull out anything special, they played spot on their entire set for another jaw-dropping performance.

Sandwiched in between Underoath and Blessthefall, this might have just been one of the oddest lineup's I've come across in recent memory. BTBAM does not incessantly tell the crowd to mosh, tell them to sing along, chide them to crowd surf, like blessthefall did so much. BTBAM's music speaks for itself and it incited just as much moshing and surfing as the other bands. The guitar solo during "White Walls" and the bass solo during "Disease, Injury, Madness" were nothing short of awe-inspiring, as they should be, Tommy's vocals were a welcome respite from the clean singing, emo-type vocals used by every band other than BTBAM.

Although it was clear most of the kids in the crowd were young and there for other bands, BTBAM made a huge mark on them.

Setlist:

(B) The Decade Of Statues
Obfuscation
Disease, Injury, Madness
White Walls

Underoath - n/a
Between The Buried And Me - 9/10
blessthefall - 4/10
To Speak Of Wolves - 5/10

Derelict
08-05-2010, 07:06 PM
DEP and these guys in the same week? I'm jealous. Nice review.

treghet
08-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I saw them about 2 years ago and they're great live. There are parts of their music I don't like much though (his clean singing and the weird polka parts), so I haven't totally got into them.

mankvill
08-05-2010, 07:19 PM
DEP and these guys in the same week? I'm jealous. Nice review.

best part: DEP + this were free for me.

NecroRob
08-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Hopefully when BTBAM tours again they get on a better tour package, and preferably they'll play more than 3 songs like they did when I saw them :mad:

bt11763
08-05-2010, 09:39 PM
best part: DEP + this were free for me.

GAHHH I MISSED BOTH TOURS WHEN THEY CAME AROUND HERE YOU FUCKING FUCK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DethMaiden
08-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Really good BTBAM setlist considering length, though I'm not sure why they didn't just do both parts of Foam Born.

mankvill
08-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Really good BTBAM setlist considering length, though I'm not sure why they didn't just do both parts of Foam Born.

First time I saw them they opened with Decade of Statues too, not playing the first part. Hmm.

At least, I think.

Derelict
08-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Hopefully when BTBAM tours again they get on a better tour package, and preferably they'll play more than 3 songs like they did when I saw them :mad:

They just toured with Devin Townsend and Cynic in the spring, now sure how a BTBAM tour could be better than that

idrinkwine732
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
They just toured with Devin Townsend and Cynic in the spring, now sure how a BTBAM tour could be better than that

I wasn't able to make that one though....

RustinPeace1113
08-17-2010, 11:09 PM

I went to that tour in Baltimore, it was sick.

Obfuscation
Disease, Injury, Madness
More of Myself to Kill
Ants of the Sky
Alaska
Swim to the Moon

White Walls

Pretty sure that's what it was, but that's from memory.

JLRedWing13
08-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I went to that tour in Baltimore, it was sick.

Obfuscation
Disease, Injury, Madness
More of Myself to Kill
Ants of the Sky
Alaska
Swim to the Moon

White Walls

Pretty sure that's what it was, but that's from memory.
It's correct. I was at the Detroit stop on that tour.