PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Ray US Tour?

girnny777
08-05-2010, 05:25 AM
I was just looking over shows at the Gramercy theater and they have Gamma Ray headlining on Jan. 28th. Has anyone heard anything about this?

JuuKun
08-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Gamma Ray will do 5 shows at the start of 2011 in North America. These will be the only dates the band play in North America all year. As a special bonus, the band will offer VIP meet/greet tickets which give the fan entrance to the venue 1 hour before doors and a special meet / greet with Gamma Ray.

Tickets go onsale today through Enterthevault.com TODAY

Dates are below

Jan
28 Grammercy Theater - New York City , NY
29 Cafe Campus - Montreal , QUE
30 Imperial - Quebec City , QUE
Feb
1 Key Club - Los Angeles , CA
3 Reggie's - Chicago , ILL

Maiden33
08-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Will be at the New York City show, no question. It's been over 4 years since I saw Gamma Ray and they are fantastic live.

xStructualDefect
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
i'll be at the Hollywood date. i've always wanted to see them, and missed them on the Helloween tour for some reason.

TonyD
08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.kyussqotsa.com/qotsa/qotsaera/gammaray/gammaray02.jpg
AWESOME OM-
Oh wait.

mankvill
08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Gamma Ray will do 5 shows at the start of 2011 in North America. These will be the only dates the band play in North America all year. As a special bonus, the band will offer VIP meet/greet tickets which give the fan entrance to the venue 1 hour before doors and a special meet / greet with Gamma Ray.

Dates are below

Jan
Feb

what an extensive tour

JLRedWing13
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Dates are below

Jan
Feb
I hate when bands do this. I probably wouldn't go if they came here, but just saying...

rjturtle9
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll check this out if tickets aren't expensive...

Maiden33
08-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I can't really blame bands for not doing extensive tours if they don't have the draw to fill places all over the country. I mean, this is still very slim, and there's no doubt in my mind that Gamma Ray could draw good crowds in more cities than they're playing, but I just can't blame bands for not doing 25 date tours and playing 10 shows with 50-100 people. There's no money in it.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 06:31 AM
I can't really blame bands for not doing extensive tours if they don't have the draw to fill places all over the country. I mean, this is still very slim, and there's no doubt in my mind that Gamma Ray could draw good crowds in more cities than they're playing, but I just can't blame bands for not doing 25 date tours and playing 10 shows with 50-100 people. There's no money in it.

Truly spoken like a person who lives near NYC. ;)

Derelict
08-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Truly spoken like a person who lives near NYC. ;)

Yeah, its pretty nice, you should try it. The best part is taking the train, esp if there's a bar car

Travis The Dragon
08-06-2010, 08:37 PM

How do they know how many people they'll draw unless they actually do a large tour and play more places? The only way to find out is to play all over the place and see how many people show up. If bands like In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Blind Guardian, and As I Lay Dying can do it, Gamma Ray surely can. I find it hard to believe that a band who's been around since 1990 and has 10 albums isn't at least as popular as the bands I just mentioned over here.

Maiden33
08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
How do they know how many people they'll draw unless they actually do a large tour and play more places? The only way to find out is to play all over the place and see how many people show up. If bands like In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Blind Guardian, and As I Lay Dying can do it, Gamma Ray surely can. I find it hard to believe that a band who's been around since 1990 and has 10 albums isn't at least as popular as the bands I just mentioned over here.

...Nope.

es156
08-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Strange to do all of that traveling for 5 shows in the middle of winter. I will definitely be at the Chicago show, weather permitting.

ravenheart
11-11-2010, 03:56 PM
This clearly isn't selling well. They just "announced" the same dates again today.