Born Bred Corn Fed
Clap Your Hands
Everything's Raising
Two Bottles Of Wine

iwrestledabearonce included:

TASTES LIKE KEVIN BACON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO RANDUM xD

Dillinger Escape Plan included:

Panasonic Youth
43% Burnt (most vicious live song of all time)
Good Neighbor
Sunshine The Werewolf
Lurch
Farewell Mona Lisa

Andrew WK:

It's Time To Party
You Will Remember Tonight
She Is Beautiful
Ready To Die
We Want Fun
I Get Wet
Party Hard (feat. Dillinger Escape Plan and a ton of other people)

Set Your Goals included:

Dead Men Tell No Tales

RATINGS:

Confide: 4/10
Attack Attack!: 3/10
I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business: 6/10
Pennywise: 9/10
Breathe Carolina: 2/10
Terrible Things: 7/10
Parkway Drive: 4/10
Alkaline Trio: 5/10
Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band: 9/10
Iwrestledabearonce: 1/10
Dillinger Escape Plan: 9/10
Andrew WK: 9.5/10
Set Your Goals: 5/10

Derelict
08-03-2010, 05:05 AM
First time seeing DEP? They are unreal live. And Rev Peyton is a lot of fun live too.

mankvill
08-03-2010, 09:23 AM
First time seeing DEP? They are unreal live. And Rev Peyton is a lot of fun live too.

Yeah. I knew DEP was going to be crazy live, but nothing prepared me for just how crazy it was going to get.

And Rev. Peyton was awesome.

300%_Density
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
This will be more of a mini review. First off you left out Room Full of Eyes & Chinese Whispers from DEP set.

Anyways... I only managed to see about 3.5 bands. It was probably the most ungodly hot day I have ever seen a show in my life. Greg from DEP it was probably the hottest show on the tour excluding Phoenix.

Just for a reason to laugh and to show my friend how embarassing they are I saw the last 3 songs from Emmure. I was in disbelief b/c their d bag singer was actually singing over that pop song "Better Off Alone". That was just...wow...I've never actually been embarassed to watch something like that before. It was same old crap w/ them, I will comment no more on them. I got the laugh I wanted and I was happy for that.

I figured I would take the risk and watch Parkway Drive. I've seen some that like them, others that hate them. I actually enjoyed them quite a bit. Not that I would watch them headline a show but still I enjoyed them quite a bit, I would still def see them again. Not reinventing the wheel but enjoyable.

Now time for 1/2 of my reasoning to go. Dillinger time!!! Got to secure right against the gate for them. Crowd was kinda weak actually. Figured there would be more people for them. Dillinger was amazing & intense just like always. It was funny to watch the look on everybody's faces behind me that I have never seen them before. This was my 3rd time seeing them, but haven't got to see them since they were on the Miss Machine touring cycle. The only tragic thing was on "Sunshine The Werewolf" is that tool from Emmure came out and did his part to ruin the song. Other than that they killed like they always do.

Andrew WK was really my other 1/2 of my reason for wanting to go. First thought was good god he has as many people on stage as Slipknot. 3 guitarists? Are they now the Iron Maiden of party music now lol? I didn't enjoy the girl that they have as a singer now. I don't think that she really adds anything new to the songs at all. It seems that AWK is doing maybe a little too much marketing for himself IMO: throwing out his AWK t-shirt, the AWK lighter, the AWK keychain, AWK bumper stickers. It seemed a little too much, taking away from the music a little. Now onto the actual music, it was alot of fun just as it always is. Didn't change a bit from last I saw him in '03. I got some good pics of alot of the other bands when he did "Party Hard" and it was a really cool moment, everyone looked like they were having alot of fun.

It didn't seem like my day could get anybetter so I left. Wanted to see The Casualties & Every Time I Die but between burning the shit out of myself b/c my dumb ass didn't use sunscreen & the fact my thumb is somehow infected I left but I was incredibly satisfied w/ what I saw. I got some good pics, here is the link. Got a few of Ben from DEP on the amps: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33264&id=1683488038&l=1e1d3b19d2

mankvill
08-03-2010, 09:56 AM
I have some pictures and a video of Party Hard with all those people.

And that girl with AWK is Cherie Lily, Andrew's wife.

Derelict
08-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Did the DEP guitarists go into the crowd at all? Always blows my mind that they stagedive then play in the crowd, without f'ing up. Greg also likes to climb in the rafters. Cool pics, 300%

evildeadjedi
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Pennywise really does bring it live, glad to hear you liked them.

As for DEP, Is Greg still blowing fire and climbing on everything insight?

Are they still destroying instruments and lightning shit on fire?

Did either guitarist jump into the crowd while still playing?

Did Greg climb on top of one of the high stacks and dive off into the crowd?

How about the crazy long jump where sprints off the stage and runs over top the crowd?

AWK is awesome live why did you rate him 9.5 and DEP 9?

Derelict
08-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Pennywise really does bring it live, glad to hear you liked them.

As for DEP, Is Greg still blowing fire and climbing on everything insight?

Are they still destroying instruments and lightning shit on fire?

Did either guitarist jump into the crowd while still playing?

Did Greg climb on top of one of the high stacks and dive off into the crowd?

How about the crazy long jump where sprints off the stage and runs over top the crowd?

AWK is awesome live why did you rate him 9.5 and DEP 9?

Everything except for the fire, although I've only seen them in small clubs and church basements lately

powerslave_85
08-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Why only a 5/10 for Alkaline Trio?

mankvill
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Did the DEP guitarists go into the crowd at all? Always blows my mind that they stagedive then play in the crowd, without f'ing up. Greg also likes to climb in the rafters. Cool pics, 300%

Yeah. Ben Weinman got on the rail and played, but on the last song, the other guitarist actually went out into the crowd and was moshing with people. It was awesome. There were some jumps off of stacked amps too.

mankvill
08-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Why only a 5/10 for Alkaline Trio?

Alkaline Trio was the very first band I ever saw live, so I mainly saw them for nostalgia, but they were kinda boring and looked like they weren't putting any effort into it.

powerslave_85
08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm a huge Trio fanboy, but I'll be the first to admit that they can be a little dull to watch. Not always, though. I was a little put off by their performance the first time I saw them (opening for NOFX), but when I saw them as headliners they fucking killed it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they save most of their enthusiasm for those kinds of shows. They're not a run-and-jump-around-on-stage kind of band, that's for sure.

evildeadjedi
08-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Everything except for the fire, although I've only seen them in small clubs and church basements lately

That's pretty cool they are still playing small clubs and church basements. One time I saw them was at Fireside bowl in Chicago (used to be ashow venue but now just a bowling alley I think).

300%_Density
08-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Have seen them do the fire thing before as well, it was pretty sweet. The 110 degree heat index yesterday probably wouldn't have been necessary however.

CapnAwesome
08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
The only tragic thing was on "Sunshine The Werewolf" is that tool from Emmure came out and did his part to ruin the song.

Sucks man, when I saw DEP in Greensboro in March Bob Meadows from A Life Once Lost did guest vocals on that song, he came outta nowhere. Now THAT was sick.

300%_Density
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Sucks man, when I saw DEP in Greensboro in March Bob Meadows from A Life Once Lost did guest vocals on that song, he came outta nowhere. Now THAT was sick.

ALOL or anybody else doing guest vocals on that song, even Lady Gaga doing guest vocals on that song would be sick. The tool bag from Emmure doing it just ruins it. They were still great minus that irritating fact.

ShatteredFlame
08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Was this at this show?

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/08/man_dies_warped.html

Someone died from dehydration.

mankvill
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Was this at this show?

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/08/man_dies_warped.html

Someone died from dehydration.

Someone did die at our show, but water everywhere I saw (from the VIP lounge, concession stands and the bootlegger booths out in the parking lot) were $4, not $10.

ShatteredFlame
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
well the article does point out that the price is not confirmed and the poster might have been just exaggerating to prove a point.

Still, that is awful.