PDA

View Full Version : Baroness -- Chicago, IL -- July 31st, 2010

Frankthetank727
08-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Got to the show right before Torche came on. Not a huge fan of Torche (although their live show was quite entertaining) nor do I know their songs so I have no setlist for them or the other openers.

Baroness puts on one of the greatest live shows. So much power comes out of that band it just blows me away. They played about an hour. Baizley thanked the crowd after the show and was extremely appreciative of the fans. It's always nice to see that from a band member, in my opinion. Anyways, here's the set mostly from memory:

1. Bullhead's Psalm
2. The Sweetest Curse
3. Jake Leg
4. Machine Gun (Jimi Hendrix Cover)
5. Isak :rocker:
6. The Birthing :rocker:
7. A Horse Called Golgotha
8. Ogeechee Hymnal
9. War, Wisdom, and Rhyme
10. The Gnashing :rocker:
11. Swollen and Halo :rocker:
12. Grad

TonyD
08-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Was this at a festival or something? Kinda lame that they're basically doing 7 Blue, 3 Red and no other songs. Also I hate you for seeing Torche and Baroness back to back.

Natrlhi
08-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Congrats on witnessing a killer set, Frank. Glad to have you on board, and if you like Baroness you're welcome to post as much as you'd like. :D

Dominicus 1988
08-01-2010, 06:15 PM
It would be awesome if they played Steel That Sleeps the Eye and go straight into Swollen and Halo :horns:

Natrlhi
08-01-2010, 06:41 PM
It would be awesome if they played Steel That Sleeps the Eye and go straight into Swollen and Halo :horns:

THEY DID WHEN I SAW THEM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11977) :fist:

bigguytoo9
08-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Also I hate you for seeing Torche and Baroness back to back.
I saw Torche and Lair Of The Minotaur open for BORIS back in 08. Torche was better then I expected them to be. Baroness would be a spectical as well.

Dominicus 1988
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
THEY DID WHEN I SAW THEM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11977) :fist:

OH YOU!!! Damn that must have been a beautiful thing to experience.:party:

Natrlhi
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM
OH YOU!!! Damn that must have been a beautiful thing to experience.:party:It was - and I have the video to prove it. ;) :cool:

Dominicus 1988
08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
It was - and I have the video to prove it. ;) :cool:

NO SHIT? You should upload to youtube. I would love to see this.

Natrlhi
08-05-2010, 05:26 AM
NO SHIT? You should upload to youtube. I would love to see this.
Two problems:

(1) It exists right now as one big file (the entire hour-long set) on my hard drive at home, and I haven't had a chance to carve it up into individual songs yet.

(2) Even if I do, it is a hi def file and it would be fucking HUGE (like one or two gigs, maybe more). So, I would have to re-rip it down to a smaller file before I even think about uploading a monster like that.

I don't see myself having the time to do either of these anytime soon. I would love to - don't get me wrong - but I just have so much other shit to do that stuff like this just gets pushed off until "later".