PDA

View Full Version : As I Lay Dying -- Los Angeles, CA -- July 31st, 2010

xStructualDefect
08-01-2010, 01:38 AM
this show was @ the Hollywood Palladium.

i ended up going to this show last second. my friend and i had planned on going to this show for awhile but she told me yesterday she couldn't go anymore because she was low on money. she called me up around 8:30 and told me she'd figure out a way to pay for her stuff somehow because she really wanted to see Underoath.

so as we arrive we find out Underoath had just finished playing. she was really upset about that, and i was a little disappointed knowing i had missed Between the Buried and Me. the girl at the box office said that AILD was only going to play for about 50min and said she didn't think paying $36 at the door was worth it. so she gave us both tickets for free. that just made my day knowing i saved $36 and got into the show for free. so with extra money i bought an AILD shirt.

i waited for about 20mins and AILD finally hits the stage. it was a pretty fun show but i expected the crowd to be more into and the pits to be more active since the last time i saw them the crowd was a lot more wild. but i wasn't suprised knowing that most people at the venue had been there since the beginning. the venue was pretty packed for this show knowing that the venue holds about 4,000 people. the pits weren't that crazy but they were still fun. Within Destruction probably had the biggest circle pit of the set.

also i'm not sure if they did this for the other dates but the singer asked for a wall of death for the last song, Confined, because it was the guitarist's (or bassist's, i forgot) birthday.

anyways here's the set. i'm pretty positive this is correct.

94 Hours
An Ocean Between Us
Anodyne Sea
Beyond Our Suffering
The Sound Of Truth
Within Destruction
Drum Solo
Vacancy
Condemned
Nothing Left
Through Struggle
Confined

The_jman
08-01-2010, 07:26 AM
the lack of forever is still irritating. But oh well.

Kapper
08-01-2010, 03:13 PM
this show was @ the Hollywood Palladium.

the venue was pretty packed for this show knowing that the venue holds about 4,000 people.

wow are they really that big in the USA?

treghet
08-01-2010, 03:17 PM
That's pretty cool you got in for free.

As I Lay Dying seems to be pretty huge, as well as Underoath. So, it's not surprising they can pack a venue that size.

Crionics
08-01-2010, 03:23 PM

That's what she said.

Sorry, I HAD to.

xStructualDefect
08-01-2010, 03:39 PM

well it was a really big tour that's why. Underoath also has a pretty big fanbase, and i'm sure Acacia Strain, Between The Buried and Me, and Blessthefall all brought their own crowds. As I Lay Dying can headline big venues but i doubt they would have filled it up if it was just them and not that well known support bands.

smearCampaign
08-01-2010, 05:53 PM
so with extra money i bought an AILD shirt.

Ouch. Should've gone for a BTBAM shirt.

Travis The Dragon
08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I wonder why they still continue to leave Darkest Nights out?

Dominicus 1988
08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
This short set was enough for me not to go. Im hoping they do a smaller headline tour soon...then maybe witness Forsaken live.:shred:

xStructualDefect
08-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Ouch. Should've gone for a BTBAM shirt. eh well i like AILD more than BTBAM, and i missed BTBAM anyways.

This short set was enough for me not to go. Im hoping they do a smaller headline tour soon...then maybe witness Forsaken live.:shred:

agreed Forsaken is probably my favorite song by them. they would play Forsaken a lot after AOBU came out. they also said that this wasn't a full headlining set because of all the other bands that had played, and that they'd be back soon. i hope so because this wasn't really AILD's tour, it was more of just a big tour package.

mankvill
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Trying to win tickets to this here to see BTBAM. Would like to see AILD too, but the date here is just Underoath, BTBAM and BTF.