PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Dublin, Ireland -- July 30th, 2010

Dextrimental
07-31-2010, 11:14 PM
This was my first Maiden show, and man, lets just say it won't be my last. This was absolutely incredible, the band were on top form, and the crowd were going nuts the entire time! We got to the venue about 15 minutes before doors, and got decent spots about ten rows from the front after the support, Sweet Savage (more like Sweet SHITE) were done. The second Doctor, Doctor hit, the crowd were moshing and going CRAZY, it was INSANE. Then, when Maiden went into Wicker Man, all hell broke loose! After El Dorado, we were four rows from the front, and there was bodies goin all over the place, so much so, I had to leave in order to actually enjoy the show. I got some water and went to the bathroom during DoD and Benjamin Breeg, neither of which I was hugely pushed on seeing anyway, and then got a nice spot towards the back where I comfortably enoyed the rest of the show.

I shed a tear during every BNW song played, it was my first full Maiden album, and each song brought back its own set of memories, good and bad, and the nostalgia really got to me, for friends I luckily still have, friends I'v lost, girls I've had the pleasure of getting to know ;) and family drama, it all came back, and I even found myself saying thank you to them during Blood Brothers, just for making the music that helped me through those times, and for playing it for my first show! Other highlights were FotD, HBTN and NotB, all amazingly played and really sent chills down my spine. Iron Maiden, Wrathchild and Running Free added an almost punk rock-esque element to the show, just getting the adrenaline pumping and putting a very fun, party-like atmosphere around the place.

The band were also on top form, and each seemed happy to be back in Ireland, particularly Bruce, he was drinking Guinness at the end of the show and loving it! His speeches during TCDR and Blood Brothers were amazing, sent chills through the whole arena, and really added to the songs bite and passion. And Eddie had to have his say during Iron Maiden, I'm guessing he was happy to be back in Ireland too :D

Setlist, track for track the same as the States, my friend went to see them in MSG and said the theatrics were the same too, all rehearsed to perfection.

1. Wicker Man :rocker:
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Wrathchild
4. El Dorado
5. Dance Of Death
6. Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colors Don't Run
8. Blood Brothers :light:
9. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark :light:
13. Iron Maiden

Encore
14. Number Of The Bast :rocker:
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name :drool:
16. Running Free

UP THE MOTHER FUCKIN' IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Great to see you had a blast!

I'm happy no setlist changes so far, and I hope it stays that way.

Dextrimental
07-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Great to see you had a blast!

I'm happy no setlist changes so far, and I hope it stays that way.

Cheers! :)

Yeah, the setlist works even better live than on paper, I mean I knew it would be good, but it flowed even better than I thought it would!

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Good to see you had a great time.

Sonisphere for these guys today....

RustinPeace1113
08-01-2010, 12:09 AM
If it wasn't for this website I would have gone to see them in Virginia a few weeks ago. I just can't...............I won't pay money for THAT set list. NOTHING from Powerslave = NOTHING from my wallet.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 12:13 AM
If it wasn't for this website I would have gone to see them in Virginia a few weeks ago. I just can't...............I won't pay money for THAT set list. NOTHING from Powerslave = NOTHING from my wallet.
:tp:

Dextrimental
08-01-2010, 12:19 AM

The 14,000 in attendance at this would tell you that attitude cost you an amazing show. Also, with a band like Maiden, who have a history and back catalogue like they do, the attitude of only wanting one particular album is just plain ignorant.

MetalIsArt
08-01-2010, 12:39 AM

This is like, fanboyism that ruins true fans.

rjturtle9
08-01-2010, 12:58 AM

Shoulda went to last tour bro.

maidenpriest
08-01-2010, 01:48 AM

^^^

plus Powerslave isnt as played as u would think it would be. other than SBIT and Ed Hunter Tour its been just 2 Minutes to Midnight and even then its not played on every tour.

rjturtle9
08-01-2010, 01:56 AM
^^^

plus Powerslave isnt as played as u would think it would be. other than SBIT and Ed Hunter Tour its been just 2 Minutes to Midnight and even then its not played on every tour.

They've done other Powerslave songs on other tours, just not that often though...

Symbolic
08-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Fantastic concert, my first time seeing my all time favourite band. Was up at the barrier for Wickerman, Ghost of the navigator , had to head to the back for the rest of the show, it was far too rough at points and i near died from the heat.
Moshing at Iron Maiden = NO!,
Setlist was class expect for maybe Wildest Dreams (would have prefered Rainmaker to be honest).
Hallowed Be Thy Name.... OMG :drool:

makethemsuffer12
08-01-2010, 08:17 AM

Sup, douche canoe.

Butcher of Birth
08-01-2010, 09:08 AM
True Iron Maiden fans aren't gonna give a shit what they as long as they are playing. I mean I love the classic albums, Somewhere In Time is my favorite, but I also love the "reunion" albums. In all honesty, Brave New World is in my top 5 of all time Maiden Albums.

1. SIT
2. NOTB
3. BNW
4. PS
5. 7th Son

The Ghost at Number One
08-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah, the setlist works even better live than on paper, I mean I knew it would be good, but it flowed even better than I thought it would!I completely agree.

The Ghost at Number One
08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
The 14,000 in attendance at this would tell you that attitude cost you an amazing show. Also, with a band like Maiden, who have a history and back catalogue like they do, the attitude of only wanting one particular album is just plain ignorant.Again, I couldn't agree more.

IrritatedTrout
08-01-2010, 09:24 AM

We didn't miss you in Bristow.

SomewhereInTime72
08-01-2010, 09:29 AM
If it wasn't for this website I would have gone to see them in NYC a few weeks ago. I just can't...............I won't pay money for THAT set list. NOTHING from The X Factor = NOTHING from my wallet.

Butcher of Birth
08-01-2010, 09:46 AM
If it wasn't for this website I would have gone to see them in NYC a few weeks ago. I just can't...............I won't pay money for THAT set list. NOTHING from The X Factor = NOTHING from my wallet.

So true! And no Angel and Gambler?!?! GOD DAMN IT! Fuck them, don't they know that's what real fans are there for. Ever since Blaze left they have just been sinking... Fuck, it's hard for me to even say I used to like them.

Crionics
08-01-2010, 10:06 AM

So true! And no Angel and Gambler?!?! GOD DAMN IT! Fuck them, don't they know that's what real fans are there for. Ever since Blaze left they have just been sinking... Fuck, it's hard for me to even say I used to like them.

They didn't even play queen of teh reich!

Butcher of Birth
08-01-2010, 10:13 AM
They didn't even play queen of teh reich!

Massive Fail! Honestly... No one likes Adrian... Bring back Dennis, he is the only one we want. Wrote the best solos. Dave Murray is just an older Herman Li.

Crionics
08-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Massive Fail! Honestly... No one likes Adrian... Bring back Dennis, he is the only one we want. Wrote the best solos. Dave Murray is just an older Herman Li.

And Janick doesn't look cool when he runs through Eddie's legs. And what the fuck is with Dream Theater opening? They should have gotten a REAL metal band, like the rumored Kittie!

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 10:40 AM
And Janick doesn't look cool when he runs through Eddie's legs. And what the fuck is with Dream Theater opening? They should have gotten a REAL metal band, like the rumored Kittie!

:lol:

mankvill
08-01-2010, 11:02 AM

confirmed for 13 year old who only knows NOTB and guitar hero songs because of hot topic

DethMaiden
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
confirmed for 13 year old who only knows NOTB and guitar hero songs because of hot topic

There are more forty year old men who don't like the setlist than kids, I think. Most kids are pretty embracing of the band. It's the old farts who would rather see a rotating stage of 20 bands playing their two biggest hits that bitch the most.

SilentSoldier144
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM

HEY BE NICE! I work at Hot Topic :( Hot Topic hasn't really introduced me to any GOOD bands, I just enjoy getting paid :X

Butcher of Birth
08-01-2010, 01:19 PM
HEY BE NICE! I work at Hot Topic :( Hot Topic hasn't really introduced me to any GOOD bands, I just enjoy getting paid :X

At least you actually like Metal. Everyone who works at the local Hot Topics in Florida are scene/emo kids who love core music only. Bullshit.

SilentSoldier144
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
At least you actually like Metal. Everyone who works at the local Hot Topics in Florida are scene/emo kids who love core music only. Bullshit.

Lol, a few of my coworkers listen to some metal. The favorited genre is probably deathcore/metalcore but oh well. I can't exactly say the people in my store are emo or scene, they pretty much can't be stereotyped. Just a bunch of people trying to make a decent living. But agreed, THOSE people are pretty lame and need to die in a fire :rocker:

Crionics
08-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Hot Topic is shitty for being the habitat of emo/scene kids. But occasionaly you might find a good band tee there for a nice price. I've heard you can score shirts of bands like Immortal and Suffocation there.

My mom recently bought me an Iron Maiden shirt there for $7 bucks :eyes:
I then noticed the bag, the next day I knifed up the bag and threw it out.

SilentSoldier144
08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Hot Topic is shitty for being the habitat of emo/scene kids. But occasionaly you might find a good band tee there for a nice price. I've heard you can score shirts of bands like Immortal and Suffocation there.

My mom recently bought me an Iron Maiden shirt there for $7 bucks :eyes:
I then noticed the bag, the next day I knifed up the bag and threw it out.

Lmfao! Well, yeah we sell shirts from bands like Suffocation, Immortal, Arsis, Cannibal Corpse, Maiden, etc...so how bad is it REALLY? :P

Dextrimental
08-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Fantastic concert, my first time seeing my all time favourite band. Was up at the barrier for Wickerman, Ghost of the navigator , had to head to the back for the rest of the show, it was far too rough at points and i near died from the heat.
Moshing at Iron Maiden = NO!,
Setlist was class expect for maybe Wildest Dreams (would have prefered Rainmaker to be honest).
Hallowed Be Thy Name.... OMG :drool:

Man I did not think the crowd would be as rough as they were, Iv only ever seen Slayer set off a crowd that much!

I was unaware there was another Irish person on this forum, should totally meet up for a pint whenever ur in Dublin for a gig again bro!! :)

RustinPeace1113
08-15-2010, 12:00 AM

True dude. I'm not hating on them or anything, it was just my opinion. I like Maiden but I guess THIS tour wasn't for me.

RustinPeace1113
08-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Really? How did you figure out that I'm a 13 year old and the only Maiden song I've ever heard is Number Of The Beast? and how did you know that I LOVE guitar hero and hot topic? I'm just kidding dude, like I said I'm not hating on Maiden I just didn't like the setlist so I didn't go to the show. Is that a crime?

JLRedWing13
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Really? How did you figure out that I'm a 13 year old and the only Maiden song I've ever heard is Number Of The Beast? and how did you know that I LOVE guitar hero and hot topic? I'm just kidding dude, like I said I'm not hating on Maiden I just didn't like the setlist so I didn't go to the show. Is that a crime?
No, it was just a very poor decision.