PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Derelict
07-31-2010, 01:28 PM
I figured with all the training camps officially opened, now was as good a time as any to start this thread.

DeSean Jackson carted off the field after getting hurt during practice today, that does not get my excited.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Same with Dez Bryant being helped off the field yesterday. out 4-6 weeks. Not good for his development.

My Cowboys have a tough schedule, but I expect big things from them this season.

JLRedWing13
07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic for my Lions this season. Hoping for a solid 5 or 6 wins this year.

Jahvid Best signed yesterday, but we need to get Suh in camp soon.... :snivel:

jhdeity
07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah the Ravens lost their best CB Dominique Foxworth for the season. Not a good start to camp.

When I was in Vegas I bet the Ravens at 20-1 and Dallas at 14-1 to win the Super Bowl. Once the Ravens got Boldin they went down to 14-1 and Dallas is currently 10-1 after a solid draft. I was feeling good until yesterday's injuries...

DethMaiden
07-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Well...we picked up TO. I don't see this ending well. I hope he just catches fifteen balls and a couple TDs, keeps his mouth shut, and helps us in the postseason. Kinda be what Artest was for the '10 Lakers. I definitely don't think he helped, but he wasn't a distraction. That's all Cincy needs from TO.

Aside from him, all the offseason moves were great. My money for the Super Bowl is on whoever comes out of the AFC, and I can't even pick between the Ravens, Jets, Bengals, and Colts. One of those four wins the Super Bowl though, probably over the Vikings.

mankvill
07-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Someone more in the know than me: Are the Chiefs or the Jags gonna do good this season?

also: SIGN UP FOR MY METALSETLISTS FANTASY FOOTBALL

powerslave_85
07-31-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.usaplayers.com/images/news/Dallas-Cowboys-logo.jpg

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 03:32 PM
DeSean Jackson carted off the field after getting hurt during practice today, that does not get my excited.

:snivel: I love my former Cal guys...

He's been great for you so far, I hope he gets better.

Jahvid Best signed yesterday, but we need to get Suh in camp soon.... :snivel:

Don't bee too surprised if Best has a better year than Suh. Although I agree with you. If they want to stop being the carpet everyone walks over Suh needs to be there ASAP.

Someone more in the know than me: Are the Chiefs or the Jags gonna do good this season?

Maybe on the Chiefs, no on the Jags they should've gotten Clausen.

All 49ers picks signed and in camp. They need Aubrayo Franklin in there ASAP too. Fucker needs to realize one good year doesn't earn you the right to get a 7 year deal. I'm looking up this year. Eat shit, rest of the NFC West.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.usaplayers.com/images/news/Dallas-Cowboys-logo.jpg

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

jerry1013
07-31-2010, 06:04 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:-VijjfgrgE0jsM:http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/daleasnyder22/dolphins.jpg&t=1

JLRedWing13
07-31-2010, 06:38 PM

also: SIGN UP FOR MY METALSETLISTS FANTASY FOOTBALL
I think the Chiefs could finish second in the AFC West.

My Super Bowl pick right now is Cowboys over Jets. I think the Vikings are only Super Bowl contenders if Favre returns. If not, Green Bay is taking that division and going deep in the playoffs.

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2010, 07:03 PM
LETS GO, NINERS or BENGALS!!! (either one)

powerslave_85
07-31-2010, 07:31 PM
I think Green Bay is going to take the NFC North regardless of whether or not Favre returns.

TonyD
08-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I think Green Bay is going to take the NFC North regardless of whether or not Favre returns.

Fuck off

powerslave_85
08-01-2010, 01:56 AM
:eyes:

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Fuck off

If Favre comes back, the Vikings got that division. Does any1 think The Rams will improve with Bradford as quarterback and yes, 2 wins for the season is an improvement.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 10:16 AM
If Favre comes back, the Vikings got that division. Does any1 think The Rams will improve with Bradford as quarterback and yes, 2 wins for the season is an improvement.
I don't think it's nearly that simple. And yes, I believe any team can improve from one win.

It looks like Darrelle Revis is going to hold out over his contract.

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's nearly that simple. And yes, I believe any team can improve from one win.

:lol:

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I concur. I think he's coming back (he didn't get surgery just to laze around), but I don't think there's much of a chance Favre returns with the same season this year. That team is excellent, but they should have gotten Clausen when they had the chance.

I think they'll stick around the bottom of the league for a few more years.

I want Darrelle Revis off the Jets, because that secondary with Kyle Wilson as their 2nd or 3rd guy scares the shit out of me.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 11:54 AM
I concur. I think he's coming back (he didn't get surgery just to laze around), but I don't think there's much of a chance Favre returns with the same season this year. That team is excellent, but they should have gotten Clausen when they had the chance.

I think they'll stick around the bottom of the league for a few more years.

I want Darrelle Revis off the Jets, because that secondary with Kyle Wilson as their 2nd or 3rd guy scares the shit out of me.
I hope Clausen tanks. I can't stand him. I think GB and Minnesota will finish within a game of each other with Favre, without him Minny will have to fight for a wild card.

Revis isn't leaving the Jets, they'll pay him eventually. They know they can't afford to lose him. Antonio Cromartie sure as hell didn't scare anyone in San Diego.

TonyD
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Fuck off

I meant that in the nicest way possible
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7RNyUYk1diGk_LG2chUKBpyV1aTt_x QDc_1shK34mnLnUKHk&t=1&usg=__AAE8JZFQMlGtUc3YcfyZpfwG5XI=

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I hope Clausen tanks. I can't stand him. I think GB and Minnesota will finish within a game of each other with Favre, without him Minny will have to fight for a wild card.

Revis isn't leaving the Jets, they'll pay him eventually. They know they can't afford to lose him. Antonio Cromartie sure as hell didn't scare anyone in San Diego.

Wild card? They'll be lucky to get 6 wins with Tarvaris Jackson as their QB.

mastodon421
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I am optimistic on my beloved Bears this season. I think if the O-Line can protect Cutler we might make the playoffs. I really like the 2 back combo of Matt Forte and Chester Taylor I think they could do some serious damage. On defense the big question is how is Brian Urlacher going to come come back from his injury. Julius Peppers clearly will be vital to defensive success and I think minus the kind of weak secondary The Bears should be pretty good on defense.

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I hope Clausen tanks. I can't stand him.

I hope he does well, but only if he can change his attitude a bit.

Yeah, I know...:(

When Cromartie is your third guy though, that's a beast of a secondary. :snivel:

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I am optimistic on my beloved Bears this season. I think if the O-Line can protect Cutler we might make the playoffs. I really like the 2 back combo of Matt Forte and Chester Taylor I think they could do some serious damage. On defense the big question is how is Brian Urlacher going to come come back from his injury. Julius Peppers clearly will be vital to defensive success and I think minus the kind of weak secondary The Bears should be pretty good on defense.

The Bears are a tough team to call right now, in my opinion. So much revolves around Cutler, and I don't see them making enormous overhauls to the O-Line to improve it. That defense could be great, but it has an older and less consistent Brian Urlacher as it's foundation.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Wild card? They'll be lucky to get 6 wins with Tarvaris Jackson as their QB.
You forget they made the playoffs the year before Favre with Jackson as QB. They have a great defense too. They're a legitimate contender either way, but with Favre they become Super Bowl contenders.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 12:29 PM
The Bears are a tough team to call right now, in my opinion. So much revolves around Cutler, and I don't see them making enormous overhauls to the O-Line to improve it. That defense could be great, but it has an older and less consistent Brian Urlacher as it's foundation.
With Mike Martz as your offensive coordinator, your QB is under so much more pressure to perform, which is a shame, because they have Matt Forte and Chester Taylor as a solid two-headed monster in the backfield. Their defense is aging, though, and adding Julius Peppers doesn't alleviate all the other problems on that side of the ball. I think they can manage around 8 wins, which will probably get Lovie Smith shown the door.

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 12:35 PM
You forget they made the playoffs the year before Favre with Jackson as QB. They have a great defense too. They're a legitimate contender either way, but with Favre they become Super Bowl contenders.

Gus Ferrotte played most of that year.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Gus Ferrotte played most of that year.
True, but Jackson played very very well in the last part of that season. Plus, when you have a running back like Adrian Peterson, you only need a competent quarterback.

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 12:39 PM
With Mike Martz as your offensive coordinator, your QB is under so much more pressure to perform, which is a shame, because they have Matt Forte and Chester Taylor as a solid two-headed monster in the backfield. Their defense is aging, though, and adding Julius Peppers doesn't alleviate all the other problems on that side of the ball. I think they can manage around 8 wins, which will probably get Lovie Smith shown the door.

Hiring Martz was the wrong way to go, IMO, I have problems with that guy :finger2:. I agree, they have it in them to be a balanced attack, but it won't get that way with Martz. Lovie Smith has a huge amount of pressure to make the playoffs this year, and I don't see him doing it. This is likely his last year.

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 12:41 PM
True, but Jackson played very very well in the last part of that season. Plus, when you have a running back like Adrian Peterson, you only need a competent quarterback.

"All Day" Adrian Peterson fumbles all day.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Hiring Martz was the wrong way to go, IMO, I have problems with that guy :finger2:. I agree, they have it in them to be a balanced attack, but it won't get that way with Martz. Lovie Smith has a huge amount of pressure to make the playoffs this year, and I don't see him doing it. This is likely his last year.
The more and more I watch his offenses, the more I wonder how much of a flash in the pan The Greatest Show On Turf was. He screwed our offense for two years, then yours for one. I think Lovie is a decent coach, but it's probably time for them to make a change anyway.

Derelict
08-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Jets are due for a slide this year - they were a .500 team that beat two teams that didn't try for 60 minutes to make the playoffs. They brought some me first losers in like LDT and are going to have a ton of pressure on them. Six wins

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
"All Day" Adrian Peterson fumbles all day.

I guarantee you, if there's one thing they're dealing with at Vikings training camp, it's AP's fumbling problem.

Jets are due for a slide this year - they were a .500 team that beat two teams that didn't try for 60 minutes to make the playoffs. They brought some me first losers in like LDT and are going to have a ton of pressure on them. Six wins

I'd love to believe you, but unless Sanchez has an enormous sophomore slump, I don't see it happening. That offense isn't quite high powered though, a good defense could make it a stalemate.

TonyD
08-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Maybe they did but if anyone is, LT isn't a me first guy.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I'd love to believe you, but unless Sanchez has an enormous sophomore slump, I don't see it happening. That offense isn't quite high powered though, a good defense could make it a stalemate.
Losing Thomas Jones hurts, but Shonn Greene is emerging into quite a player. Sanchez still has a solid offensive line and Braylon Edwards, despite all his problems, has the ability to be a number one receiver. And their defense speaks for itself.

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Losing Thomas Jones hurts, but Shonn Greene is emerging into quite a player. Sanchez still has a solid offensive line and Braylon Edwards, despite all his problems, has the ability to be a number one receiver. And their defense speaks for itself.

Sanchez hasn't convinced me like Matt Ryan has. It'll take a year or two for me to brand him as a great player. TJ is a huge loss, and I think Greene could be somewhere in his league, but not this year. Edwards has the ability, but just isn't performing the way he should. I think Santonio Holmes is gonna be the guy to go to there, and I think that will work out for them. If both don't pan out though, that offense is in trouble.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Sanchez hasn't convinced me like Matt Ryan has. It'll take a year or two for me to brand him as a great player. TJ is a huge loss, and I think Greene could be somewhere in his league, but not this year. Edwards has the ability, but just isn't performing the way he should. I think Santonio Holmes is gonna be the guy to go to there, and I think that will work out for them. If both don't pan out though, that offense is in trouble.
Sanchez is different than Ryan in that he just needs to manage the game and not lose, rather than go and win it. Their defense and running game made up for his inexperience as a rookie. Holmes and Edwards should perform, they both have a lot to prove. Holmes was a pretty solid performer who got the boot because he got into trouble.

powerslave_85
08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Jets are my AFC Super Bowl pick.

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 06:16 PM
I guarantee you, if there's one thing they're dealing with at Vikings training camp, it's AP's fumbling problem.

All Day will never stop fumbling like crazy.

DethMaiden
08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Jets are my AFC Super Bowl pick.

They're my gut instinct, but I can't rule out the very good possibility that it's Bengals, Ravens, or Colts. Or hell, even the Patriots, they're not totally done and Brady's healthy this year.

InPatient5100
08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
They're my gut instinct, but I can't rule out the very good possibility that it's Bengals, Ravens, or Colts. Or hell, even the Patriots, they're not totally done and Brady's healthy this year.

Jets will never return to the Super Bowl.

TonyD
08-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah I don't think the Jets will. If they really were a Championship game team last year plus all the guys they added, maybe.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah...not the Bengals. I'm not convinced about them.

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Yeah...not the Bengals. I'm not convinced about them.

I think they could come out of their shell a bit this year.

JLRedWing13
08-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I think they could come out of their shell a bit this year.
Perhaps, but they're not as good as the Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, or Colts. I think Houston will be giving them a hard time for that wild card.

DethMaiden
08-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Well, of course I'm going to overestimate the Bengals, because you're always going to think your team has more of a shot than they really do. If after 8 games they've won less than 6, I'll come around to your side.

powerslave_85
08-02-2010, 07:11 AM
I think the Bengals will probably make it into the wild-card spot again, but they won't last any longer than that.

Derelict
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Maybe they did but if anyone is, LT isn't a me first guy.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/01/rivers-leads-a-new-era-new-aura-for-chargers/

Revis didn't bother showing up for camp either. Seriously, they are winning 6 games.

idrinkwine732
08-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Perhaps, but they're not as good as the Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, or Colts. I think Houston will be giving them a hard time for that wild card.

The best team doesn't always win ;). Just the team that peaks at the right moment. I agree that all above teams, save the Dolphins, are better than the Bengals, but that does not mean that they can't get into the playoffs above them. I don't think it'll happen, but I think there's quite the possibility.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/01/rivers-leads-a-new-era-new-aura-for-chargers/

Revis didn't bother showing up for camp either. Seriously, they are winning 6 games.

I'm willing to make an honest wager with you. Over/Under 8-8. I'll take the over.

powerslave_85
08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
For what it's worth, here are my picks for the division winners:

AFC:
Ravens
Jets
Colts
Chargers

NFC:
Packers
Cowboys
Saints (I wouldn't count the Falcons out, though)
49ers? I guess?

idrinkwine732
08-02-2010, 02:54 PM
49ers? I guess?

:flame::flame::flame::flame:

It's a lock

powerslave_85
08-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, it's either them or the Cardinals, unless the Seahawks pull off some kind of miraculous resurrection.

InPatient5100
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM
For what it's worth, here are my picks for the division winners:

AFC:
Ravens
Jets
Colts
Chargers

NFC:
Packers
Cowboys
Saints (I wouldn't count the Falcons out, though)
49ers? I guess?

I pretty much agree with everything you have there except I like the Patriots to take the AFC east.

Derelict
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm willing to make an honest wager with you. Over/Under 8-8. I'll take the over.

Sure, sounds fun - we'll figure something out when it gets a little closer to the season

InPatient5100
08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Sure, sounds fun - we'll figure something out when it gets a little closer to the season

Which games do u guys plan on betting on?

powerslave_85
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Which games do u guys plan on betting on?
They're not betting on individual games, just on whether or not the Jets finish over .500.

InPatient5100
08-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh they should def bet under, the Jets suck.

powerslave_85
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Seriously! They only made it to the AFC Championship game. What a bunch of losers.

Derelict
08-02-2010, 07:31 PM
And the steelers won the super bowl 2 years ago then missed the playoffs last year. Half the playoff teams don't make it back the hollowing year, I think the jets are one of them...we'll know if I'm an idiot or not in 5 months.

powerslave_85
08-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Except the Jets just brought in a shitload of talent during the offseason.

InPatient5100
08-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Oh I forgot they got Santonio Holmes, oh yeah they should definitely be a contender in the AFC.

Derelict
08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
FWIW (ie, nothing), Favre says he's retiring. If so, i think that takes them out of contention in their division.

TonyD
08-03-2010, 10:47 AM
FWIW (ie, nothing), Favre says he's retiring. If so, i think that takes them out of contention in their division.

I'll believe it come gametime

Edit: seconds after I post, I see this
Lance Briggs: "I won't believe it until I see Tarvaris Jackson starting against us. If he's starting, we'll go from there. Either way, we still got a job to do."

evildeadjedi
08-03-2010, 10:51 AM
The Favre Retirement I will believe when he is not starting day one. I'm still counting on my prediction he will be playing for the Browns in a few years.

Derelict
08-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I agree Tony - I'll believe it 9/9 when Farve isn't in uniform

idrinkwine732
08-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree. I still think he comes back.

Derelict
08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't see why he wouldnt - they have one of the better teams in the league in Minnesota, and he had one of his beast statistical years at age 41. They're one of maybe five or six serious Super Bowl contenders heading into the season. I'm tired of his drama every summer, but with how many shit qb's there are in the league, its a better league with him in it.

TonyD
08-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Hell I even want to see him back, even though it makes my division tougher.
And now I'm starting to remember the last game against Minnesota last year... fucking glorious.

Derelict
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
It is amazing that in a country of 300 million people that there aren't 32 good qb's. And the game you are referencing was hilarious

idrinkwine732
08-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Hell I even want to see him back, even though it makes my division tougher.
And now I'm starting to remember the last game against Minnesota last year... fucking glorious.

I don't want him back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3B7Og-FS0

I rage about that play to this day.

powerslave_85
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
If he's not suited up by week 5 of the regular season, I might start to believe him. Any time before that is still fair game.

Derelict
08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Typing this before I click on idrinkwine's link - i'm guessing its farve to lewis in the back of the end zone against the niners....and....yep.

Also, solid point powerslave

powerslave_85
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
His ego won't allow him to hang it up. There's no way he's going to walk away with his last play being a humiliating interception.

DethMaiden
08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
His ego won't allow him to hang it up. There's no way he's going to walk away with his last play being a humiliating interception.

By an IU grad... :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

...who then iced victory in the Super Bowl over the Colts, the other team everyone there cares about, with another immaculate interception. :lol:

powerslave_85
08-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Tracy Porter fucking rocks.

DethMaiden
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Tracy Porter fucking rocks.

Yeah he does. And everyone at school who knew him said he was one of the coolest, cleanest-cut, most polite guys you'd ever meet. Missed seeing him play for us by a year. :snivel:

TonyD
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Typing this before I click on idrinkwine's link - i'm guessing its farve to lewis in the back of the end zone against the niners....and....yep.

Yeah I went
"Wait. I know what that is."

idrinkwine732
08-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah I went
"Wait. I know what that is."

My happiness went fron 9.5 to whatever suicidal is when I was watching that.

TonyD
08-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah that sucked but they failed by letting him get into that situation in the first place.

idrinkwine732
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah that sucked but they failed by letting him get into that situation in the first place.

They should have had Favre sacked a while ago, but the coverage couldn't have been better.

InPatient5100
08-03-2010, 10:33 PM
They should have had Favre sacked a while ago, but the coverage couldn't have been better.

If he just ran he would have gotten the first down and the Vikings would have been in the Super Bowl.

Derelict
08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
This is awesome...a woman who worked for the Jets in 2008 is claiming Favre repeatedly texted her pictures of his cock. Love when assholes that trot their family out every two seconds get caught doing stuff like this.

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story

DethMaiden
08-04-2010, 08:36 AM
This is awesome...a woman who worked for the Jets in 2008 is claiming Favre repeatedly texted her pictures of his cock. Love when assholes that trot their family out every two seconds get caught doing stuff like this.

http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story

Skeptical. Anything that takes this long to come out then suddenly does, I'm skeptical of. It's extremely easy to accuse an athlete of something like this.

Hell, I used bust Kobe's chops about that so-called rape but I'm guessing this chick wanted to have sex with Kobe Bryant, then realized she could make more money if she said she didn't want to. It makes him an unfaithful husband, but not a rapist. Unrelated, but I don't believe this any more than Favre's retirement.

DethMaiden
08-04-2010, 08:37 AM
And I kind of want Brett to leave. Blows the NFC wide open and makes it more interesting IMO.

Derelict
08-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Deadspin's been pretty dead on with stories like this in the past actually, i tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. If true, its HILARIOUS.

powerslave_85
08-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Am I a horrible person for hoping that story is true? :lol:

And I don't know if it would change the NFC picture that much if he didn't come back. The Falcons would probably just take that playoff spot instead.

DethMaiden
08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
And I don't know if it would change the NFC picture that much if he didn't come back. The Falcons would probably just take that playoff spot instead.

I think it would change the team going to the Super Bowl, anyway, and I don't feel strongly about any of those teams except the Vikings. It would probably just be the Saints or Packers, but that's still some intrigue at least.

powerslave_85
08-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Well, that was quick:

@Adam_Schefter RT @SportsCenter: Favre tells Ed Werder he has not made a decision. He'll play for the Vikings this season if healthy.

:wallbang: :wallbang:

Derelict
08-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I hope he didn't text Schefter and pix of lil brett

idrinkwine732
08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
If it takes someone to hit him in the knees with a bat to get him to retire, then I volunteer my services.

JLRedWing13
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
All it may take is Dr. James Andrews....

JLRedWing13
08-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Bump for preseason football. :cool:

InPatient5100
08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Damn Favre make up your mind already! Geez...

idrinkwine732
08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Fuck the Cowboys. I don't care if it's preseason, they all can go to hell.

DethMaiden
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM

We'll, we've learned that if the Bengals and Cowboys meet in the Super Bowl and all their starters get hurt in the first quarter, Dallas will be world champions. :tp:

JLRedWing13
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
This. :cool:

Derelict
09-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont think sunday could have gone any worse for fat andy reid - birds lost, kolb looked horrific, and vick came in and played pretty damn good.

Ugh, Leonard Weaver's knee

mankvill
09-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Vick looked outstanding.

Also:

Brees -> Colston is going to be unstoppable this year.

Was Arian Foster a fluke?

And the Chargers got McClusterfucked!

Derelict
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Kolb failed his concussion test today (as did Stew Bradley), so the earlier he can practice would be Friday, which I imagine means Vick starts Sunday - I wonder how Vick will look against a team that actually game plans for him. Should be interesting.

Derelict
09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Also, Rivers acting like the little bitch he is made my night last night.

mankvill
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Also, Rivers acting like the little bitch he is made my night last night.

I saw him yelling at people in his huddle and it made me lol.

evildeadjedi
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Ryan Grant out for the season, well time to go RB shopping in my other two leagues. :mad:

mankvill
09-19-2010, 01:18 PM
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland
sup cleveland

Derelict
09-19-2010, 02:36 PM
lol @ Brett Favre

JLRedWing13
09-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Lions let one get away today....*sigh*

Jahvid Best impressed today though.

mastodon421
09-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Bears 2-0, Cutler looked pretty damn good today.

evildeadjedi
09-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Bears 2-0, Cutler looked pretty damn good today.

Finally made me happy to have him in two of my leagues.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-19-2010, 03:08 PM
The Cowboys blow. Oh well.

Derelict
09-19-2010, 03:19 PM

That shit was ugly. Best looks good

DethMaiden
09-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Bengals won...with five field goals. Take what you can get I suppose.

mankvill
09-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Pats are about to lose.

idrinkwine732
09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Texans/Redsins is boss.

Sanitarium78
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just love whenever they completely blow it:D

mankvill
09-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Place your bets: Giants @ Colts.

I say..................Colts.

Derelict
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Texans/Redsins is boss.

lol @ redskins

es156
09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
KC at 2-0?? We must be in an alternate universe.

es156
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM

In one of my leagues, the guy who owns Best did not start him today, ha ha. Nothing like leaving 40 points on your bench.

idrinkwine732
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
In one of my leagues, the guy who owns Best did not start him today, ha ha. Nothing like leaving 40 points on your bench.

I probably wouldn't have started him either. Good thing the Eagles screwed the pooch on that one.

PlaysWithKnives
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
The Broncos won. The scumsucking , over hyped Cowboys lost. Great football day all around for me :D

PlaysWithKnives
09-19-2010, 09:49 PM
KC at 2-0?? We must be in an alternate universe.

Yeah its just one of those weird twists in an NFL season. They seem improved, but it will even out in the end. They'll probably be 8-8, or somewhere around there. At least they beat the chargers. I hate them almost as much as the Cowboys

powerslave_85
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

mankvill
09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah its just one of those weird twists in an NFL season. They seem improved, but it will even out in the end. They'll probably be 8-8, or somewhere around there. At least they beat the chargers. I hate them almost as much as the Cowboys

A season where the Chiefs or the Royals get .500 is cause for a fucking parade.

TonyD
09-20-2010, 11:53 AM
At least they beat the chargers. I hate them almost as much as the Cowboys

Just because you're a Broncos fan... I hated the Broncos because seeing their merchandise always got me excited thinking that I found Bears stuff, and because of that douchebag Jay Cutler :bawling:

The Bears are 2-0. But the Bucs and Chiefs also being 2-0 makes me worry a little bit. Monday night against the Packers next week will be a good one.

idrinkwine732
09-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Big game tonight. Not too happy we have to play the Saints though...

JLRedWing13
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Niners just need to give the fucking ball to Frank Gore and get out of the way.

mankvill
09-20-2010, 06:28 PM
That punt. Those refs.

Honestly, the worst call I've ever seen or even heard about. In any sporting event of all time.

hubub454
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Mike Vick is not the starter in Philly. Hes better than Kevin Kolb imo atleast

idrinkwine732
09-20-2010, 06:33 PM
That punt. Those refs.

Honestly, the worst call I've ever seen or even heard about. In any sporting event of all time.

I agree, one of the most just straight up wrong calls I've ever seen.

JLRedWing13
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Hmm, Niners looking a little better.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Mike Vick is not the starter in Philly. Hes better than Kevin Kolb imo atleast

Obese Reid traded away McNabb cause he felt Kolb is his guy for the next ten years - there's not a chance in hell he gives up on Kolb this season.

idrinkwine732
09-20-2010, 08:03 PM
:snivel:

Derelict
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Pass interference ruins football - Davis pushed off that guy before he was "interfered" with. Ugh.

And there's karma on the INT.

idrinkwine732
09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Pass interference ruins football - Davis pushed off that guy before he was "interfered" with. Ugh.

And there's karma on the INT.

I think that there's a certain amount of leeway given, but that left arm up in his face is blatantly pass interference.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
I think that there's a certain amount of leeway given, but that left arm up in his face is blatantly pass interference.

Davis pushed off, should negate each other.

Sorry, PI is one of my pet peeves, called so inconsistently, and a 40+ yd penalty can really change a game.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Man, this game is there for the 49ers....

idrinkwine732
09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Nothing but our own fault.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing but our own fault.

One of the eagles beat writers just posted this on his twitter: "Niners didn't want to trade for McNabb, didn't want to trade for Vick. They had Alex Smith. Yeah."

mankvill
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Great game. Thought that last kick was blocked for sure.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Great game. Thought that last kick was blocked for sure.

Somebody got a hand on it but it still went in. Awesome last drive by niners, thats a hard way to lose. 7-9 can still win that division though.

idrinkwine732
09-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Somebody got a hand on it but it still went in. Awesome last drive by niners, thats a hard way to lose. 7-9 can still win that division though.

No it can't. People hate on the west, but someone's doing at least 8-8 this year.

mastodon421
09-21-2010, 06:14 AM
My bold prediction for this year: Joe Flacco throws more picks than Jay Cutler did last year.

Onto the Bears, they are looking pretty good so far but that Packers game should be a tough battle that proves what they are made of as a team.

Derelict
09-21-2010, 06:18 AM
I wonder if Braylon Edwards dropped the citation and taunted the cop after his DUI this morning.

Nice work dope. The NFL has a program in every single city where a player can call a hotline at any time of day and they send a car to pick him up.

idrinkwine732
09-21-2010, 07:13 AM
My bold prediction for this year: Joe Flacco throws more picks than Jay Cutler did last year.

Off to quite a start, eh?

I don't think it will happen though. Yes, Flacco was terrible on Sunday, but the Bengals really had something to prove on defense. I think he'll do better than advertised, but not by much. I also see Cutler starting well, then descending into mediocrity again. Mike Martz is not good for any team in the long run.

JLRedWing13
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Someone's getting a big head already....

mastodon421
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Someone's getting a big head already....

I'm just saying Flacco is rushing his throws and he looks look he is going to have a shitty year.

Derelict
09-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Vick's been officially named the eagles starting QB...i think Reid has gotten into his kids' drug supply

JLRedWing13
09-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Vick's been officially named the eagles starting QB...i think Reid has gotten into his kids' drug supply
Because he made the right choice for once? lol

Derelict
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Because he made the right choice for once? lol

I got no problem with Vick, I'm just shocked that he traded McNabb cause Kolb is the future, then youre done with him after a bad half behind a bad offensive line.

Also, if the NFL is trying to get serious about concussions, and for players to report the symptoms, a player losing his job because he got a concussion is a pretty bad example to set, IMO.

JLRedWing13
09-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I got no problem with Vick, I'm just shocked that he traded McNabb cause Kolb is the future, then youre done with him after a bad half behind a bad offensive line.

Also, if the NFL is trying to get serious about concussions, and for players to report the symptoms, a player losing his job because he got a concussion is a pretty bad example to set, IMO.
It was pretty silly to hand Kolb the starting job based on two games last year. If I were an Eagles fan, I wouldn't want him getting killed the very game he comes back either.

Derelict
09-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Yo, Vick

And 8-8 still wins the NFC west.

TonyD
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
I wonder if Braylon Edwards dropped the citation and taunted the cop after his DUI this morning.

Nice work dope. The NFL has a program in every single city where a player can call a hotline at any time of day and they send a car to pick him up.

:wallbang:

JLRedWing13
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Braylon's had a good game tonight.

And Flacco looked pretty damn good today.

NecroRob
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM
The Seahawk game today was one of the craziest games I've ever been to. The defense looked HORRIBLE though. Absolutely abysmal. Rivers got like 450 yards passing.

I have a really bad feeling that they're gonna lose at the Rams next week :eyes:

mankvill
09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
who dat say dey gon' beat dem Chiefs?

Sanitarium78
09-27-2010, 09:42 AM
who dat say dey gon' beat dem Chiefs?

The Buffalo Bills:lol:

Seriously though if the Bills beat anyone this year that team needs to just give up on their season. There's no way you can get lower this year than if the Bills beat you.

TonyD
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Bears-Packers tonight. Cutler can make everybody forget about last season if he out performs Rodgers tonight. Don't laugh, it could happen.

idrinkwine732
09-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Bears-Packers tonight. Cutler can make everybody forget about last season if he out performs Rodgers tonight. Don't laugh, it could happen.
lol

49ers fired Jimmy Raye today :party:

Now the grueling season until we can get shit together...

powerslave_85
09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Could, but won't.

Derelict
09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

and there could be 15 hot chicks waiting to blow me when i get home from work tonight

idrinkwine732
09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
and there could be 15 hot chicks waiting to blow me when i get home from work tonight

Shit happens to me erryday

Derelict
09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Shit happens to me erryday

Not surprising

idrinkwine732
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
I know my Niners are 0-3 and are flailing to get an offense working, but I just have to say...

I love watching the Bears struggle.

Derelict
09-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I flipped over to this game for a minute just in time to see Fatler throw an interception into the endzone

EDIT: The hester TD was awesome
2nd EDIT: The bears throwbacks are awesome

TonyD
09-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I know my Niners are 0-3 and are flailing to get an offense working, but I just have to say...

I love watching the Bears struggle.
Oh yeah?
I flipped over to this game for a minute just in time to see Fatler throw an interception into the endzone

EDIT: The hester TD was awesome
2nd EDIT: The bears throwbacks are awesome

Yes and yes.

DethMaiden
09-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Chiefs Bears Super Bowl

idrinkwine732
09-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah?
Damn straight. This was me :mad:

Chiefs Bears Super Bowl

The battle of the two most bad yet seen as good teams in the NFL.

mankvill
09-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Chiefs Bears Super Bowl

if chiefs go 4 - 0, i'll poop.

@wine: Chiefs is good! 49ers suxx0r. Deal with it.

DethMaiden
09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Seriously though, Bengals D could get them all the way to the Super Bowl, and if Palmer starts connecting, the receiving corps is unfuckwithable.

TonyD
09-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Seriously though, Bengals D could get them all the way to the Super Bowl, and if Palmer starts connecting, the receiving corps is unfuckwithable.

That doesn't seem as ridiculous as the Chiefs going to the playoffs.

mankvill
09-27-2010, 09:24 PM
That doesn't seem as ridiculous as the Chiefs going to the playoffs.

:party:

idrinkwine732
09-27-2010, 09:59 PM
@wine: Chiefs is good! 49ers suxx0r. Deal with it.

I'm starting to :snivel:

mastodon421
09-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Manks all my friends where shitting on me for saying the Chiefs where the dark horse team this year. I can really see them making the playoffs they are a pretty damn good team.

Anyways good game last night and I am happy the Bears pulled it out. The defense is looking fantastic right now, Julius Peppers is a fucking animal. If the offense plays a bit better, the rest of the season should go well.

JLRedWing13
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
The offense is going to have to play more than a bit better.....Cutler isn't going to keep getting bailed out of picks because of stupid penalties by the opposing team.

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 11:59 AM
The Packers need to find a running back pronto. Aaron Rodgers is great (probably the 2nd best QB in the NFC, after Brees), but he can't throw 30-40 times a game all season, especially with that offensive line. Apparently there was talk that they might get Marshawn Lynch from Buffalo, but I guess that didn't happen.

Derelict
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
The Packers need to find a running back pronto. Aaron Rodgers is great (probably the 2nd best QB in the NFC, after Brees), but he can't throw 30-40 times a game all season, especially with that offensive line. Apparently there was talk that they might get Marshawn Lynch from Buffalo, but I guess that didn't happen.

AJ Hawk for Marshawn Lynch straight up makes a ton of sense

DethMaiden
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM

AJ Hawk is one of my favorite defensive players...I don't want him to have to play for Buffalo. :snivel:

JLRedWing13
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Please do it. AJ Hawk can GTFO.

Derelict
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
It would be two former first rounds picks that their current teams don't really need, i dunno, seems like a good fit

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
After seeing parts of a couple Packers games, I'm convinced Clay Matthews is actually in Amon Amarth. Or at least some reincarnated Norseman.

TonyD
09-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah Clay Mathews is making AJ Hawk look pretty unnecessary. But Briggs back together with Urlacher makes me feels good man.

DethMaiden
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Is anyone but me completely against the 18 game season?

powerslave_85
10-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Yep. 100% opposed to it.

Derelict
10-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Opposed

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Pre-season football is unwatchable so I'd rather see 2 more games that count, but I also think there will be more injuries. The League will definitely have to up the amount of players on the active roster.

mastodon421
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I am opposed as well, I don't see the point of adding more games.

JLRedWing13
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I am opposed as well, I don't see the point of adding more games.
$$$$$$$$

mankvill
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Opposed. The preseason is good to figure out your starters and shit.

Wait, are they talking about shortening/getting rid of the preseason?

DethMaiden
10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Opposed. The preseason is good to figure out your starters and shit.

Wait, are they talking about shortening/getting rid of the preseason?

Swapping out two preseason games for two regular season games.

I say just cut two preseason games.

mankvill
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Noooo. I'm totally fine with four preseason games.

DethMaiden
10-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Okay, if you like being bored for a month of "football season." :dorky:

mankvill
10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay, if you like being bored for a month of "football season." :dorky:

You have the Colts. You don't need a preseason. Us Chiefs fans worship the preseason.

DethMaiden
10-01-2010, 01:30 PM
You have the Colts. You don't need a preseason. Us Chiefs fans worship the preseason.

:lol: Fair enough.

And don't give me the Colts just because I go to school here! :mad:

http://cincinnatibengalstoys.com/images/cincinnati_bengals_logo.gif

mankvill
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
:lol: Fair enough.

And don't give me the Colts just because I go to school here! :mad:

http://cincinnatibengalstoys.com/images/cincinnati_bengals_logo.gif

Oh, then you REALLY need the preseason.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-01-2010, 02:45 PM

It's the season ticket holders that aren't fine with 4 pre-season games. They have to buy pre-season tix as part if the season ticket package. I don't blame them for not wanting to pay full price for shit football games.

mankvill
10-01-2010, 02:51 PM
It's the season ticket holders that aren't fine with 4 pre-season games. They have to buy pre-season tix as part if the season ticket package. I don't blame them for not wanting to pay full price for shit football games.

I'm just speaking as a TV-watching viewpoint. I couldn't tell you how much Chiefs preseason tix are to regular season tix and if it's less than other places, but I wouldn't see that as much of a problem, anyway.

TonyD
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
You worship the preseason because you can actually win games?

mankvill
10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
You worship the preseason because you can actually win games?

Nope. We lost all but one this preseason. But it gives me an idea of how they'll fare in the regular season + I'm sure the coaches love it because 2 preseason games isn't nearly enough to know who you're going to start or not.

idrinkwine732
10-01-2010, 08:35 PM
My 49ers are in turmoil :boohoo: I never thought it would be this bad.

Michael Lewis is off the team, which means Taylor Mays is thrust into the starting position for Sunday. They need elite speed at safety though, so in the end this could be a good move. If Mays tackles well, I'm aboard the get rid of Lewis train.

TonyD
10-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Nope. We lost all but one this preseason. But it gives me an idea of how they'll fare in the regular season + I'm sure the coaches love it because 2 preseason games isn't nearly enough to know who you're going to start or not.

Yes it is, unless you have a team like the Chiefs.

mankvill
10-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Yes it is, unless you have a team like the Chiefs.

3-0 :D

Derelict
10-02-2010, 07:25 AM

Michael Lewis is off the team, which means Taylor Mays is thrust into the starting position for Sunday. They need elite speed at safety though, so in the end this could be a good move. If Mays tackles well, I'm aboard the get rid of Lewis train.

I remember Lewis when he was here (even have a jersey somewhere) - he could hit and tackle, but seriously couldn't cover a guy in a walker

JLRedWing13
10-02-2010, 11:01 AM

You hate Taylor Mays....

idrinkwine732
10-02-2010, 11:07 AM
You hate Taylor Mays....

I do hate Taylor Mays. You knew me as that before the draft though, where I thought he'd be going top 25 and in the first round. I'm somewhat satisfied he was knocked back down to earth for his inability to cover. I'd rather they take a chance on guy in the third round, but if he turns out to be Ronnie Lott Jr. like everyone says he is, then I'll accept him with open arms. Only problem is I don't think he's Ronnie Lott Jr. The production will have to be there before he's okay in my book.

Lewis' ability to cover has been a liability for some time, and the 49ers lack speed in the secondary. This way, we have a fast guy who can't cover instead of a slow guy who can't cover. The 49ers should come out on top.

Derelict
10-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Been awhile since I've been as amped for a game as i am for Redskins @ Eagles today...I'll be hitting victory as soon as they open today to get the growlers filled, could get ugly

mankvill
10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Green Bay is absolutely self-destructing and killing my fantasy team.

JLRedWing13
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Green Bay is absolutely self-destructing and killing my fantasy team.
Yet they still won because the Lions self-destructed more....

Seriously, the Lions have lost the last two games solely because of their own mistakes.

Oh, and I noticed Taylor Mays made a play today. :eyes:

idrinkwine732
10-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh, and I noticed Taylor Mays made a play today. :eyes:

Not gonna lie, he played great today. I just wish we could win a fucking game.

Derelict
10-04-2010, 05:37 AM
:mad:

JLRedWing13
10-04-2010, 10:27 AM
:mad:
Yup, you guys are in trouble.

So are the Bears, for that matter....

Derelict
10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Yup, you guys are in trouble.

So are the Bears, for that matter....

I figured this wouldn't be a good season, but I would have really liked a win vs the redskins

mastodon421
10-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Bears/Giants was an absoultely pathetic game. I am not putting up the red flag for the rest of the season just yet but the offensive line really needs to get it together.

mankvill
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
post ITT if your team is still undefeated.

:D

JLRedWing13
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I figured this wouldn't be a good season, but I would have really liked a win vs the redskins
The thing is, yall could still win the division if you can stay above water until Vick comes back.

Derelict
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM
The thing is, yall could still win the division if you can stay above water until Vick comes back.

I agree, they're saying he might be out until the bye though (which is week 7 or 8). I can't believe exactly how horrible Kolb looked on Sunday.

Derelict
10-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Randy Moss for a third round pick? yeah, I'd take him

idrinkwine732
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM
I agree, they're saying he might be out until the bye though (which is week 7 or 8). I can't believe exactly how horrible Kolb looked on Sunday.

I'm really happy he looked that horrible. But seriously, after this weekend, I totally feel for you.

No kidding. I'm surprised it wasn't at least a 2nd round pick.

Derelict
10-06-2010, 08:02 AM

I'm really happy he looked that horrible. But seriously, after this weekend, I totally feel for you.

i def see san fran winning their first game sunday night - vick's out, kolb blows, and the eagles starting RB (mccoy, who has looked awesome) has at least one broken rib, with no depth behind him. Enjoy :)

JLRedWing13
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
The Vikings are suddenly looking a lot better coming out of the bye week, with Green Bay and Chicago playing worse than their records would indicate.

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM

No shit, the old man finally has someone to sling the pigskin to!

mastodon421
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
The Vikings picking up Randy Moss makes them a lot more dangerous, when Sidney Rice comes back at the end of the month The Vikings will become even more scary. The NFC North Race just became a lot more intresting.

idrinkwine732
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I still think that Favre has to step up big time in order to make them a contender again.

powerslave_85
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Onion headline: "Randy Moss Frustrated To Learn He Was Traded For Brett Favre, Adrian Petersen." :lol: :lol: :lol:

mastodon421
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
I still think that Favre has to step up big time in order to make them a contender again.

True, Favre has been playing like a bum all season. We'll have to wait and see how he does this week coming off of the bye week.

TonyD
10-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Onion headline: "Randy Moss Frustrated To Learn He Was Traded For Brett Favre, Adrian Petersen." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha

JLRedWing13
10-07-2010, 05:20 PM
The burden on him definitely lessened with this move, however.

mankvill
10-07-2010, 09:36 PM
so how 'bout brett favre's penis

Derelict
10-08-2010, 05:10 AM

i love that while the announcers are kissing his ass, saying what a family man he is, showing his wife 65 times during a game....he's texting his cock pix to a 22 year old.

powerslave_85
10-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Alleged penis.

TonyD
10-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Bears are 4-1, but it's not like beating the Panthers is anything to gloat about right now.
Also: Skins beat Packers :D

Derelict
10-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Really strange season so far, doesn't seem like there's any real powerhouses. And idrinkwine, you guys WILL be getting your first win tonight.

mankvill
10-10-2010, 02:40 PM
good show, Chefs. No one really expected you to win, but it was an admirable effort.

Now: FUCK YOU GREEN BAy OMFG

DethMaiden
10-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Bring me Carson Palmer's head.

mastodon421
10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Bears are 4-1, but it's not like beating the Panthers is anything to gloat about right now.
Also: Skins beat Packers :D

I am so happy the Packers blew it today. Matt Forte was an animal today.

JLRedWing13
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Hard to believe that the Lions had the most impressive performance out of the NFC North today with the Vikings still to play tomorrow.

idrinkwine732
10-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I am so happy the Packers blew it today. Matt Forte was an animal in the first quarter

Yeah, totally.

powerslave_85
10-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I've fucking had it with the Cowboys. 12 penalties for 133 yards. Pathetic. If we lose to the Vikings next week, I think it's safe to say our season is pretty much over.

idrinkwine732
10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
49ers getting nothing on the ground...

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I've fucking had it with the Cowboys. 12 penalties for 133 yards. Pathetic. If we lose to the Vikings next week, I think it's safe to say our season is pretty much over.

The Cowboys suck and the season is over. :bouville:

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 07:28 PM
If we lose tomorrow, I'm declaring the season over.

idrinkwine732
10-10-2010, 07:35 PM

Your season was over a while ago. Favre performing like shit, and that division on the up. Yeah, I don't see them coming back.

I think the Cowboys fans are fretting a little early, but it's time to worry.

TonyD
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM

You are mathematically eliminated with 3 losses not.
http://laist.com/attachments/la_carrie/Borat-flag.jpg

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I think the Cowboys fans are fretting a little early, but it's time to worry.

To make the playoffs now, the Cowboys would need to go 8-4 the rest of the season at the very least. I don't see that happening. Especially with Wade Phillips at the helm.

idrinkwine732
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
To make the playoffs now, the Cowboys would need to go 8-4 the rest of the season at the very least. I don't see that happening. Especially with Wade Phillips at the helm.

If you doubt they can go 8-4 the whole season, then the fans' super bowl hopes were misplaced. If you don't believe they can beat any team in the game, then they can't win the super bowl. The team has the talent to win out, will they? No, but they can do it. If you want Phillips out, the 49ers will gladly take him.

Derelict
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Man, that was two shitty teams trying to lose tonight.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
If you doubt they can go 8-4 the whole season, then the fans' super bowl hopes were misplaced. If you don't believe they can beat any team in the game, then they can't win the super bowl. The team has the talent to win out, will they? No, but they can do it. If you want Phillips out, the 49ers will gladly take him.

There are always high expectations in Dallas. Especially a season removed from winning the division and their first playoff game in 13 years. Blame Jerry for the Super Bowl hype. He was saying it in the offseason and some fans ate it up. Many "Experts" picked the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl also.

They are talented, but I think they read their own press clippings and also bought in to the hype. It also didn't help that Jerry didn't sign one single free agent in the offseason. Didn't do anything but trade for the worthless Alex Barron to help an aging offensive line.

I think Wade is a decent Defensive Coordinator but doesn't need to be a head coach. This team of prima donnas needs a hard ass coach and Jerry Jones to stop meddling, but we know that's not going to happen.

They still have to go to Minnesota (where they never win), Green Bay (where they never win), Indianapolis, New York and Philly. Not to mention they are already 0-2 at home.

I'd love for the Cowboys to prove me wrong and make the playoffs this season, but I just don't see it happening.

powerslave_85
10-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't forget the Saints. And a deceptively dangerous Lions team.

If we don't make the playoffs, Phillips will most likely be out the door. And I can't say I'd disagree with that. I do think, however, that he should stay on as defensive coordinator.

JLRedWing13
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
With the standings as they are now, I think it is still too early to declare anyone out of the playoffs yet. There is just a huge cluster of teams where if any of them puts a winning streak together, they're in the playoffs.

mankvill
10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Roomie's fantasy defense last week: Patriots. 33 points.

Roomie's fantasy defense this week: St. Louis. -3 points.

I am so ecstatic with the Chiefs this season! C'mon, playoffs!

powerslave_85
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't know. Given how weird and unpredictable this season's been, going 8-4 is possible, but pretty unlikely.

Saints, Packers, Vikings, Colts: We'd have to win three of these to stay in it. We can probably beat the Saints and Vikings; they're not the teams they were last year (and we beat the Saints last year). Packers aren't as scary as I thought they would be in the beginning of the year, mostly because they've been decimated by injuries on defense.

Other teams (Cardinals, Lions, Jaguars): All three of these are pretty winnable, but that's what I thought about the Bears and Titans.

Division: I see us sweeping Giants, beating the Redskins at home, and splitting the Eagles. But anything can happen in division games.